The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool

+3
ADMIN
Fernando
Enforcer
7 posters

Go down

Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool Empty Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool

Post by Enforcer Fri 28 Jan 2011, 11:56 pm

Liverpool have rejected a written transfer request from Spain international striker Fernando Torres.

The Anfield club have already turned down a bid from Chelsea - thought to be about £35m-40m - for the 26-year-old.

"He's under a long-term contract. We expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool and its fans when he signed the agreement," said the Reds.

Earlier, Liverpool announced they had agreed a deal to sign Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez from Ajax for £22.8m.

But Suarez's arrival at Anfield did not stop Torres from asking to leave Liverpool on Friday evening.

"Fernando Torres has submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool," added the Reds statement.

Torres has had a indifferent season, scoring nine goals in 26 games but has recently looked revitalised under new boss Kenny Dalglish, scoring three goals in his last four games.

The Spaniard's indifferent start to the season comes after a knee injury, which also hampered him at the World Cup in South Africa last summer.

Although he scored twice in the Reds' 2-0 win over Chelsea in November, Torres looked a forlorn figure under previous Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson.

Liverpool moved up to seventh in the Premier League table following their 1-0 victory over Fulham on Wednesday, but they still face a fight to qualify for the Champions League next season, with Chelsea nine points ahead of them in fourth spot.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti refused to talk about Torres but said he is happy that "the club are trying to do everything they can to improve the squad".

With the transfer window open until 2300 GMT on Monday, there is still time for the Blues to increase their offer for the Spaniard should they wish.

Ancelotti said: "I don't want to speak about this, you will have to ask the club. He is not my player and I have to have respect for Liverpool.

"I'm not surprised, because I know very well what the club is doing now. I am happy because the club is doing a fantastic job in this transfer market."

Although Ancelotti's team have failed to fully replicate their form of last term where they won the Premier League title, they are still in the Champions League and are currently 10 points behind league leaders Manchester United.

Ancelotti has previously hinted that he wanted to bring in new players to bolster an ageing squad stretched by injuries this season.

And with the club close to signing Benfica defender David Luiz, the bid for Torres shows that Chelsea are still prepared to use their financial muscle to boost their domestic and European ambitions.

This could be a signal of things to come. Good players don't want to risk missing out on European football with a club not looking too strong. While the bid has been rejected, just how motivated will Torres be next season and will his request affect other players?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool Empty Re: Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool

Post by Fernando Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

i doubt liverpool would put a 50m buy out clause on someone like torres would just be insane and provoke bids. Christiano ronaldo's is 850 million.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:05 am

I just don't think he'll be there come next season. Chelsea obviously look to have jumped to the front of the queue but if he is not allowed to leave this transfer window then clubs will be lining up in the summer.
I expect a merry go round at City too with Tevez heading to Real, although they have Balotelli and Dzeko still they'd been sniffing as well round Torres and Barca will more than likely try and get him back over to Spain.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:07 am

The Spanish clubs though always put a ridiculous buy out clause price on players. Kids still in the youth team have them at £30 mil +

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redmonkey80 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 5:46 pm

If he goes he goes there is no one player bigger than any club just look at what bacon face has done at united (that felt dirty even if it was a back handed compliment). If we get 50 mil and Sturridge well to be honest that would be good business. I would then go after Wolfswinkle and look to a long future with 4 striking options if you include Ngog and there ages. So Fernando if you don't want to be part of the family go and join the renters down at the bridge :bitchslap:

redmonkey80

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyIsKing Sat 29 Jan 2011, 6:48 pm

Firstly, rumour has it that Torres might change his mind after:
1) Kenny talked him out of it last night.
2) He put in the transfer request before suarez was signed

Secondly, If he is going then we have a great new song to sing:

His armband proved he was a red Suarez Suarez
You'll never walk alone it said Suarez Suarez
He bought the band from a lad in Spain
Tall blonde hair Forgot his name
Luis Suarez Liverpool's number 9

So get behind the team and support them.
Because with kenny at the helm we can only improve!

YNWA

KennyIsKing

Back to top Go down

Post by redmonkey80 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 6:51 pm

KennyisKing that is brilliant m8 love it and can hear the Kop already :chewie:

redmonkey80

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jan 2011, 6:52 pm

KennyIsKing wrote:
2) He put in the transfer request before suarez was signed

Thats one of the main points from yesterday.
This is a sign of intent from the new owner, and if i was torres id wait and see what else is on the horizon and what might happen in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Sun 30 Jan 2011, 2:52 am

What are Liverpool realistically gonna achieve over the next 2 or 3 seasons ? The best they could hope for is to sneak back into the top 4 and maybe a domestic cup run. Torres is wasting the best years of his career fighting in the wrong part of the league.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Torres Asks to Leave Liverpool Empty Backward Thinking...

Post by ronin47 Sun 30 Jan 2011, 9:39 am

Picked this quote up from BBC gossip...

"Torres told one man of his decision to leave Liverpool before handing in his transfer request - captain Steven Gerrard - and that he was leaving because he wants to win trophies. "

If he wants to win trophies - why is he going to Chelski ???

And on his current form - there is no waaaayy he is worth 50 Mill

Tee Hee :lol!:
ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down