The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)?

+17
RDW
ChequeredJersey
Comfort
BlueNote
Luckless Pedestrian
Smirnoffpriest
RubyGuby
wales606
Looseheaded
BigTrevsbigmac
Knowsit17
stourjim
Huwball
Cymroglan
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
flopspreys
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)? - Page 2 Empty Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)?

Post by flopspreys Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

I personally think that Lee Byrne should be 15 vs Ireland. He has the most experience there internationally and is playing well for Clermont at the moment.

Leigh Halfpenny has to be involved as he is in the form of his life at the moment and should really be the Wales first choice kicker.

Alex Cuthbert is very big and very quick and has scored some lovely tries lately and I would have to say is slightly ahead of North in the form book, but North has the experience. Maybe all of them will start with North as a surprise selection at 13, but in all honesty Ireland away is not the place to experiment with positions.

I think Gatland will go with;

15. Byrne
14. Halfpenny
11. North

and Alex Cuthbert on the Bench

flopspreys

Back to top Go down

Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)?

Post by XR Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:41 pm

11. Cuthbert
14. North
15. Halfpenny

It's the best choice we have. And luckless, are you butthurt that Cuthbert got in over the eternal dross machine, Aled Brew?

XR

Back to top Go down

Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you leave out (North, Byrne, Cuthbert or Halfpenny)?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:50 pm

Nicely put, but no. I just honestly don't rate Alex Cuthbert.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

to be honest, i think whoever gets selected on the wing (unless byrne gets in at fullback) will be harshly judged, purely because they are not shane williams.

I think Cuthberts our best option at the moment, unless we want to chance Brew, Im a big fan of his, but this seasons been a mixed bag for him overall, it wouldnt make sense to put him over someone who's been scoring tries consistently and playing to a good club level. Cuthbert may struggle at international level, or he may take it to like a duck to water. We wont know til he gets a game.

As someone earlier in this thread said, Halfpenny is probably 1st choice FB/winger, and I'd rather take him at fullback with his regular back 3 partner cuthbert alongside him.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2