The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd

+9
Jimmy Moz
Kingshu
Mickado
thebandwagonsociety
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
Steffan
Feckless Rogue
Morgannwg
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd - Page 2 Empty Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd

Post by Morgannwg Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Leinster have booked their place in the semi-finals of the B & I cup after defeating Pontypridd at Donnybrook. http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9298.php

For those of you that signed the reform welsh rugby petition, the ones who want a new Region on the Ponty valley, do you still think you can hack it? Surely a thrashing from Leinster's A team on top of many other reasons already mentioned shows that you can not.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

Of course we are out for a double. But the hc is harder to win.

Good call on the pints. Isn't Pete back about now too?

Mickado wrote:I think if we get get 2 BP wins and 2 non BP wins out of our next 4 games (should be doable) we can rest players later in the season. We're not just looking to retain the HC, we're out for a double and we need to finish in top spot in the league to give us the best chance.

There might be a few of us from here going to the B&I cup semi final - we should have a pint before it OK

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster 'A' 32 - 0 Pontypridd

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

That’s just reminded me, he asked me to txt him with scores and a 140 character match report from all the games while he’s been away. Think I did it for the first game, then forgot.
Think he said he was away for a month so I’d say he’ll be back alright. Gibson will be there, delighted to be back in the Brook.

Oh I know the HC is harder to win I just think 2 big wins would allow us to let the league take care of itself and still leave us in good shape for the playoffs.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 31 Jan 2012, 3:51 pm

Hey Mick, going for a pint for the B & I semi final sounds good. I'll be sure to turn up in my pyjama's for the occassion like every other Dubliner does. OK
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

They're not pyjama's, they're relaxy pants. Get it right.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:18 pm

Mickado wrote:That’s just reminded me, he asked me to txt him with scores and a 140 character match report from all the games while he’s been away. Think I did it for the first game, then forgot.
Think he said he was away for a month so I’d say he’ll be back alright. Gibson will be there, delighted to be back in the Brook.

Oh I know the HC is harder to win I just think 2 big wins would allow us to let the league take care of itself and still leave us in good shape for the playoffs.

De Buachaill has been getting pished Leinster reports from me to somewhere in Asia. Gave him a laff anyway.

Be great to meet up for pints lads. I love watching tha A's play. What a treat of a weekend. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

And Mick. Its a Treble. Not a Double. Like our Vodkas bud.

HC, PRO12 and B&I Cup.

Believe like phhok.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

Heard a report on the radio saying a post office in Dublin is refusing to give people the dole if they turn up in their pyjama's. laughing
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 31 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Apologies Gibbo, don't want to sell our lads (or our vodkas!) short.

Feckless, I heard the vox pops of the cretins that were trying to claim in their PJs. Unreal stuff "ahhh but de purjarmurs do be dressy tho" Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

I heard that on the radio aswell Feckless. They were turning up to collect their dole then going straight to the pub still in their pyjama's! I can't point the finger though, this is where I'm from: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bouncers/video/series-1/episode-1/bouncers

That will be on channel 4 tonight, if any of you guys over there have that channel.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

Tomorrow at 10 Bells. Just sky plussed it on me phone from the gym. How cool/sad is that?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

Yeah it is tomorrow actually, sorry. I did come across them a few times, they were filming months ago. My mate said they were from channel 4 but I thought nothing of it at the time and with that, went my chance for fame. I think it will be hilarious, but just don't judge us all on what you see. It's not like I believe all Dubliners go pubbing in their PJ's is it....
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:04 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Tomorrow at 10 Bells. Just sky plussed it on me phone from the gym. How cool/sad is that?

You live up to yer name Jen. Well cool. Do you wear a navy cashmere sweater, placed inconspicously round your shoulders? D&G's on yer head ? Chinos? Dubes?

Yeah. Me too. If only we could teach Munster women(forget the men) - how to hold a knife & fork. It would help our national progression. As a Race, not as a team per se. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:26 am

Gibson wrote:
Yeah. Me too. If only we could teach Munster women(forget the men) - how to hold a knife & fork. It would help our national progression. As a Race, not as a team per se. guinness

We should only teach the 4 good lookin wans. It would be wasted on the rest.

If we could convince the men to stop shaggin their sisters we would have more to work with.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Gibson wrote:

We should only teach the 4 good lookin wans. It would be wasted on the rest.

If we could convince the men to stop shaggin their sisters we would have more to work with.

I'm living with one of the 4 - it's slow progress, bare with me...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 01 Feb 2012, 11:34 am

Christ! I really have to stop posting whilst pished.

Makes an awful mess of the keyboard. mug

Anyone know the date of the Semi-Final yet lads? Is it the Friday or the Sunday?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

It won't be announced for ages, but the last one was on the Sunday. Can't imagine it would be any other day.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

No big shocker in the score line, a amateur club side with a few Blues academy players against a professional teams second team and academy players. Headscratch
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:55 pm

Aren't you the douche who did not know his own region had 4 Prem clubs?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:44 pm

cheap comment there

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 03 Feb 2012, 8:03 pm

Yep. But his headscratching between multiple threads has been getting on my nerves.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 03 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Aren't you the douche who did not know his own region had 4 Prem clubs?

I was aware they had 5 Premiership clubs, what I was unsure of is how many the Ospreys actually had ownership in. For example Llandarcy Park Ltd (the Ospreys) actually own and fund Swansea and Bridgend, hence when you say the Ospreys have 4 feeder clubs, are you sure they own, pay for Aberavon, Neath and Tonmawr?
So my region actually has 5 clubs not 4 in the Prem.

If you look at the Ospreys the bulk of the players play for Bridgend and Swansea, even if you look at the LV Cup team against the Dragons the bulk of which were Bridgend or Swansea players.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 03 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

I meant 5, I thought Tonmawr went down and we had the new format.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:04 am

"you say the Ospreys have 4 feeder clubs, are you sure they own, pay for Aberavon, Neath and Tonmawr?"

I thought "feeder clubs" came free or do they have to be fed?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 04 Feb 2012, 3:42 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I meant 5, I thought Tonmawr went down and we had the new format.

Na Tonmawr are bottom the the Premiership having lost all 17 games, the reformatting of the league to a 10 team format happens next season.

Cardiff Dave wrote:"you say the Ospreys have 4 feeder clubs, are you sure they own, pay for Aberavon, Neath and Tonmawr?"

I thought "feeder clubs" came free or do they have to be fed?

Haha, very funny.
Every club within the region is a feeder club, but it's the clubs the region actually run and invest in are the key ones.

Prior to the argument between Neath and the Ospreys it was Swansea and Neath who benefited from heavy investment from Llandarcy, however now it is Bridgend who have replaced Neath. Generally all the players who are in the Ospreys academy or Ospreys squad players are linked to either of these 2 clubs.

Take the recent LV Cup team between the Ospreys and Dragons.

Ospreys team

15 Ross Jones = Bridgend
14 Hanno Dirksen = Swansea
13 Sonny Parker (Capt)
12 Stefan Watermeyer = Swansea
11 Eli Walker = Swansea
10 Matthew Morgan = Swansea
9 Tom Habberfield = Bridgend
1 Cai Griffiths
2 Scott Baldwin = Swansea
3 Aaron Jarvis
4 Lloyd Peers = Bridgend
5 James Goode
6 Chauncey O’Toole = Bridgend
7 Sam Lewis = Swansea
8 Morgan Allen = Swansea

Replacements:
16 Mefin Davies
17 Joe Rees = Bridgend
18 Jonathan Thomas = Bridgend
19 Sam Williams
20 Rory Pitman = Bridgend
21 Tom Grabham = Bridgend
22 Sam Davies
23 Luke Morgan = Bridgend

Basically the point I'm trying to make is the Ospreys make use of Bridgend and Swansea, they do not as a general rule place players at Aberavon, Neath and Tonmawr.

For example Kristian Phillips is a Neath product, however he can be found on the Bridgend right wing.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:33 am

AlynDavies wrote:

Haha, very funny.
Every club within the region is a feeder club, but it's the clubs the region actually run and invest in are the key ones.

Prior to the argument between Neath and the Ospreys it was Swansea and Neath who benefited from heavy investment from Llandarcy, however now it is Bridgend who have replaced Neath. Generally all the players who are in the Ospreys academy or Ospreys squad players are linked to either of these 2 clubs.

Do Cardiff run other clubs other than Cardiff? They farm out a few players to clubs like Ponty, but I don't believe they run these clubs.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

Gibson wrote:
Mickado wrote:That’s just reminded me, he asked me to txt him with scores and a 140 character match report from all the games while he’s been away. Think I did it for the first game, then forgot.

De Buachaill has been getting pished Leinster reports from me to somewhere in Asia. Gave him a laff anyway.

Be great to meet up for pints lads. I love watching tha A's play. What a treat of a weekend. OK

Sadly We'll have to bring bottles of champers. It's at 6 bells on good Friday

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

OK, I'll bring de whiskey so. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

Hip flasks at the ready lads!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2