The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Women, Who's your favourite?

+22
Glas a du
chris_501
damage_13
LondonTiger
XR
nganboy
Alex_Germany
EnglishReign
TycroesOsprey
SecretFly
Comfort
Rory_Gallagher
RuggerRadge2611
Smirnoffpriest
miteyironpaw
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
TrailApe
propdavid_london
Chjw131
bathmad
HERSH
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite?

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Empty England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

With the pressures of the six nations approaching fast, I thought some of us could do with a rest from the main topics of discussion and pick our favourite England women rugby players.

Please base this on skill, strength and stamina not looks, or else you'll get a slapped wrist!

http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/WomensRugby.aspx

Last edited by HERSH on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : told to by rugbydreamer)
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Empty Re: England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

Rory, have you read none of my posts where I've said that it's fine for posters to comment on the looks of a player? (on this thread I've even said it).

Can you honestly not see that it's insulting that the only comments on the womens game, on this forum, is solely just on their looks? Seriously, you're that guy?

Back to top Go down

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Empty Re: England Women, Who's your favourite?

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

I'll admit there are very fine lines - you stay one side of them and I don't see anything wrong in a little beachvolleyball watching for the right reasons....... Whistle - you go the other side and yes, you become a dirty old man in a trench coat And I'm not making light of him - he's a type and often a dangerous type to women.

But this thread? Kept at the right temperature, I can't see the harm.
But others obviously have.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:10 pm

Not harm as such, Fly, but it's still insulting, there's no getting around that fact I'm afraid. If the womens game was actually discussed on here also for it's own merit, then this thread would be pretty much fine.

For it to be used just as a distraction from the main event Rolling Eyes of the 6N's and as a bit of light relief, then no, that's not okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

What do you mean by "that guy" dreamer may I ask?

I have read your posts, I just think you're making a bigger deal out of this than there needs to be. Nobody has said the women's game on this forum is solely based on looks. I highly doubt this thread was created to give that impression either. Although you dislike it, the idea of it was to be a lighthearted discussion, which it is considering the current debates going on. If you want people to be more knowledgable on women's rugby (which I am admittedly clueless about) why don't you make a thread about it? I am yet to see any results or anything posted involving women's rugby.

And when people try to compare this thread to the England hotel incident (where the girl I am sure was not quite the victim she makes herself out to be - infact there is a similar situation that has happened recently to people I know, involving a guy getting put in jail), that just makes me cringe. I just think everyone needs to take things a little less seriously. There is no malice, no sexism, no nothing. It is just a thread on an internet forum about the england rugby team and a silly vote on their looks (which is pretty shallow yes, but being shallow can apply to both guys and girls and their looks).

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:What do you mean by "that guy" dreamer may I ask?

I have read your posts, I just think you're making a bigger deal out of this than there needs to be. Nobody has said the women's game on this forum is solely based on looks. I highly doubt this thread was created to give that impression either. Although you dislike it, the idea of it was to be a lighthearted discussion, which it is considering the current debates going on. If you want people to be more knowledgable on women's rugby (which I am admittedly clueless about) why don't you make a thread about it? I am yet to see any results or anything posted involving women's rugby.

And when people try to compare this thread to the England hotel incident (where the girl I am sure was not quite the victim she makes herself out to be - infact there is a similar situation that has happened recently to people I know, involving a guy getting put in jail), that just makes me cringe. I just think everyone needs to take things a little less seriously. There is no malice, no sexism, no nothing. It is just a thread on an internet forum about the england rugby team and a silly vote on their looks (which is pretty shallow yes, but being shallow can apply to both guys and girls and their looks).

1st bold comment: I don't particularly want to insult your intelligence here, but why on earth do you think I got Hersh to amend his OP?

2nd bold comment: I am going to hopefully write a thread on womens rugby, as I've already stated on this thread, or have you not bothered to read all the posts?

And my "that guy" comment? I have issue that only womens looks are being discussed on this forum, and not them in their capacity as an athlete/sportsperson. You seemingly think it's perfectly acceptable to just discuss looks, to demean a person in that way so yeah, you're "that guy".

Like I've already said in a previous post (guess you haven't read that either), I may be going slightly OTT, I'll admit that, but it's just sickening to once again be on a forum, where women athletes are so belittled. It's not something I like to see on v2.

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Not harm as such, Fly, but it's still insulting, there's no getting around that fact I'm afraid. If the womens game was actually discussed on here also for it's own merit, then this thread would be pretty much fine.

For it to be used just as a distraction from the main event Rolling Eyes of the 6N's and as a bit of light relief, then no, that's not okay.

That’s not fair Dreamer, Whilst I'm very happy for the England's women to win the title, I wouldn't be upset if they didn't unlike the men's game, if England lose on Saturday it will ruin my evening, ok it's not life and death but still, the women’s 6 nations does offer some light relief to us rugby fans in that respect.

This whole thing has been taken out of context.

The female rugby players deserve more coverage on 606.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

ooooo Hersh don't you start like that now! warning

You know what you originally set the thread up for.

But yes, although I'm afraid I doubt your sincerity considering the content of your original OP, the female rugby players do deserve more coverage on v2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

Well since I never saw the original post, I wouldn't know. What did he say that was so insulting? Oh dreamer - demean a person in that way discussing looks? It can apply for both guys and girls, don't be so petty.. I haven't even looked at these english women, I couldn't care less what they look like, so trying to judge my character over a forum is a bit premature. I'm sure you've never discussed a person's looks before! The horror!

I think it is perfectly acceptable for someone to make a lighthearted thread about girl rugby players and do a silly poll that clearly is not meant to be taken seriously. I see no belittling, all I see is people whining about how women athletes get no proper acceptance blah blah blah instead of actually posting something worthwhile! Of course they won't be if that is the approach (and no, I am not "confirming" they aren't accepted/held in high regard/whatever).

If you want people to be more knowledgeable about women's rugby such as myself, post something that actually teaches me about it. The whining doesn't, and nobody will take you seriously that way.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

"The female rugby players deserve more coverage on 606."

Easy solution? Make a topic about their results, fixtures, team selections etc instead of complaining about these sorts of threads!

idea

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Headscratch

Petty? seriously, how? and of course I've just discuseed a persons looks before, I've even stated so on this thread Rory.

I really do wish you'd read the posts properly Sad

And as you've pointed out, you didn't see the original OP, so you can't really comment on how it was intended now can you?

Really disappointed by your posts Rory, sorry to have to say that.

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

"where the girl I am sure was not quite the victim she makes herself out to be" chin

How interesting that you would behave this way on this forum, claim it's all fun and games and also have that opinion based on no evidence whatsoever. Evidence is mounting unfortunately.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

dreamer, in about a year with your 8000+ posts I bet you've posted many, many more times about ogling male players than anything at all about the women's game.

I reckon Hersh has done you a favour here and got you talking about it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Headscratch

Petty? seriously, how? and of course I've just discuseed a persons looks before, I've even stated so on this thread Rory.

I really do wish you'd read the posts properly Sad

And as you've pointed out, you didn't see the original OP, so you can't really comment on how it was intended now can you?

Really disappointed by your posts Rory, sorry to have to say that.

Okay, so how was it intended? I am reading your posts thoroughly, maybe there is a misunderstanding but that is what I am going by. I am under the impression there was no malice involved in this thread. Was there malice involved?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:

"where the girl I am sure was not quite the victim she makes herself out to be" chin

How interesting that you would behave this way on this forum, claim it's all fun and games and also have that opinion based on no evidence whatsoever. Evidence is mounting unfortunately.

Oh I don't know, maybe the fact Haskell tried to sue? Oh no, I have no evidence. Rolling Eyes

Stop acting like this is some sort of assault on women. Flip me, what else is it BUT fun and games? I am asking the people who don't see that to lighten up for goodness sake.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

ha, I probably have SafeAs! but I also discuss all aspects of the mens game, not just how they look. That was my issue with this. That there is no other thread on the womens game, and this one was created just to comment on their looks (before the OP was amended) as a form of "light relief". That I will admit, I take a lot of issue with Smile

And I've hardly had a chance to comment on the womens game, I don't get to see any unless it's 6N's time, and match reports of any kind are very hard to come across.

But yes, thank you Hersh for bringing this to my attention, I shall endeavour to comment more on the women's game from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

Rory - why does malice have to be intended/involved for a thread to be insulting/wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ha, I probably have SafeAs! but I also discuss all aspects of the mens game, not just how they look. That was my issue with this. That there is no other thread on the womens game, and this one was created just to comment on their looks (before the OP was amended) as a form of "light relief". That I will admit, I take a lot of issue with Smile

And I've hardly had a chance to comment on the womens game, I don't get to see any unless it's 6N's time, and match reports of any kind are very hard to come across.

But yes, thank you Hersh for bringing this to my attention, I shall endeavour to comment more on the women's game from now on.

BINGO

That is all you need to do dreamer, instead of all this carry-on. If you are passionate about Women's rugby, talk about it and educate us.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:

Oh I don't know, maybe the fact Haskell tried to sue? Oh no, I have no evidence. Rolling Eyes

Stop acting like this is some sort of assault on women. Flip me, what else is it BUT fun and games? I am asking the people who don't see that to lighten up for goodness sake.

If he *successfully* sues the person in question then you might have a case. However just claiming that he might and then doing nothing is merely vile spin-doctoring of the most despicable variety.

The fact is you have no evidence and no idea what actually happened, my point is that you've chosen to believe that the men were "having a giggle" and that the woman is some neurotic money grabbing psycho who is out to discredit those involved and make a tidy sum. It's exactly this pejorative view of women, hand in hand with the attitude towards women's rugby that is painting an ugly picture of your character.

Last edited by miteyironpaw on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Rory - why does malice have to be intended/involved for a thread to be insulting/wrong?

Okay then, what was insulting/wrong about what the OP, that I missed and you had to edit?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

And the girl accusing the English boys of what they did, and playing the innocent victim, you are certain that is exactly what happened are you? That she did nothing and they were all in the wrong and being naughty boys? I can turn that argument completely back on you einstein. Wind your neck in.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

Rory it was created solely to comment on looks. Nothing else, nothing to do with rugby and it was seen as "light relief" from discussing the mens game.

Now I'm not holding my breath that you're going to see what's wrong with that, the manner of your posts on this thread it's clear that you're not going to, but the whole basis of the thread was sexist, derogatory and insulting, especially when you factor in that no other aspect of the womens game has ever been commented on on this forum.

Again, I doubt going by your posting history on this thread, that you will realise that. A shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

"The fact is you have no evidence and no idea what actually happened, my point is that you've chosen to believe that the men were "having a giggle" and that the woman is some neurotic money grabbing psycho who is out to discredit those involved and make a tidy sum. It's exactly this pejorative view of women, hand in hand with the attitude towards women's rugby that is painting an ugly picture of your character."

Then you must have a very narrow mind indeed if all paths must point to this one. The fact is you also have no evidence of what actually happened, and the fact I don't believe that things were just so black and white that she was a victim and they were in the wrong, hardly means I believe all that useless drivel. But thanks for the laugh, and trying to read my character when you haven't a clue what you are talking about thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

And the girl accusing the English boys of what they did, and playing the innocent victim, you are certain that is exactly what happened are you? That she did nothing and they were all in the wrong and being naughty boys? I can turn that argument completely back on you einstein. Wind your neck in.

Rory, do you see how agitated you are getting? Aggression and these kind of attitudes often go hand in hand.

Do you see how you've said "playing the innocent victim" and again applied a derogatory cliche to your description of a female?

Evidence is mounting.

Given that the players involved apologised and were disciplined, it seems clear that the perception of those in possession of the facts were of the opinion that they were in the wrong. It seems interesting that you, in possession of no facts or evidence have chosen to back the perpetrators seemingly on the basis of their gender and preconceived generalisations about the behaviour of women.

Last edited by miteyironpaw on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Rory it was created solely to comment on looks. Nothing else, nothing to do with rugby and it was seen as "light relief" from discussing the mens game.

Now I'm not holding my breath that you're going to see what's wrong with that, the manner of your posts on this thread it's clear that you're not going to, but the whole basis of the thread was sexist, derogatory and insulting, especially when you factor in that no other aspect of the womens game has ever been commented on on this forum.

Again, I doubt going by your posting history on this thread, that you will realise that. A shame.

I don't think I am the only one who disagrees with you that this thread is sexist, derogatory and insulting. So far what I have gathered is Hersh made this thread, referred to it as "light relief" and didn't discuss the women's rugby itself. Getting worked up over that is just silly, and if you are passionate about it like I said, talk about women's rugby more. You said you are going to do that, so fair play. I just think things are being taken wayyy out of context and people are getting their panties in a twist over nothing. And this mitey dude is just taking the pish now!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

Rory, you clearly haven't read all the comments on this thread then, despite your protestations that you have.

I can't be bothered repeating myself again or quoting others. I suggest you take your time in reading over them yourself in the hope you might actually get a bit of understanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:

Rory, do you see how agitated you are getting? Aggression and these kind of attitudes often go hand in hand.

Do you see how you've said "playing the innocent victim" and again applied a derogatory cliche to your description of a female?

Evidence is mounting.

Given that the players involved apologised and were disciplined, it seems clear that the perception of those in possession of the facts were of the opinion that they were in the wrong.

Do you see how ridiculous it is judging my character on a forum? Firstly because "aggression" and tone in general is hard to gather on a forum, and I shown no aggression. I said to wind your neck in because you are being ridiculous, but in reality I am laughing at what the gunk you are posting because it is utter nonsense. How a silly poll about girls' looks transpired into a comparison to that hotel incident, and accusations of sexism etc is just hilarious to me. Trust me, I am not angry/upset/annoyed in the slightest. How does saying "playing the innocent victim" mean a description of a female?? That is your view not mine, it can apply to both sexes!

They apologised and were disciplined because they were asked to do so and because it is the action the RFU had to take. Especially in light of the other rubbish goes on. In fact, this is just as ridiculous as that dwarf who claimed the players who tossed dwarves led to his paralysis and the invention of dwarf tossing. Ridiculous!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

And I back nobody in the hotel situation, because frankly I don't care. I am objective enough however to realise it is likely that it wasn't so black and white that someone was totally wrong and someone was totally innocent. You are just narrow-minded enough to think that because I take a different stance than you on the matter, it must mean I think that. For someone who swallows so many words out of his thesaurus and studies his human rights' booklets so thoroughly, you don't use that brain of yours too often!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

Oh and "evidence is mounting" thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:If the BBC can put up the headline " England women face massive semi" then I think HERSH is entitled to enterian himself in the privacy of his own room.

Why exactly has Hersh been entering Ian in the privacy of his own room? Shocked

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

I can't believe none of you have voted for Fran Matthews, she a special player.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:34 pm

The France women's scrum-half is quite *ahem* spectacular?

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 Marie-alice-yahe-la-capitaine-de-l-equipe-de-france-ballon-en-mains-hier-a-l-entrainement-sous-l

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

rugbydreamer wrote: ...but the whole basis of the thread was sexist, derogatory and insulting, especially when you factor in that no other aspect of the womens game has ever been commented on on this forum.

I think in this case it would depend on how the "victims" feel about the situation.

I would say there are some very attractive looking women in the England squad, and I doubt they would be upset at that statement. Likewise I'm sure the pin ups of English men's rugby (Foden, Strettle - I'm not an expert here) don't mind any female attention they get.

However, the Women's team do want to be respected for their rugby abilities - they are one of the best women's teams in the world. Commenting on their looks may detract from what they see as the most important point - so they might take it as insulting.

Beach Volley Ball is different. The sport is asking to be judged and appreciated on the basis of sex appeal. If you doubt that, check the clothing regulations. That's not to say there aren't some exceptional athletes who practice it.

Any ladies commenting on this? Which England players do the ladies "admire" the most?

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

I take it shes the one holding the ball?

But is she a good player? as we mustn't bring looks into it.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:56 pm

HERSH wrote:I take it shes the one holding the ball?

But is she a good player? as we mustn't bring looks into it.

She taught Yachvilli everything he knows.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:07 pm

While we're on this subject, how did Tindall get his wife? He must have an amazing personality.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Oh and "evidence is mounting" thumbsup

When you find yourself making three consecutive posts, I'd say that's indicative of aggression and someone who got a bit wound up. Calm yourself down fella, or you'll get a hernia.

I'm not sure why you think that I've "swallowed a thesaurus", far from it, I just felt those were the appropriate words to use to succinctly describe your behaviour.

The dwarf throwing thing is absolutely in no way the same thing as a real situation involving actual players. It's a complete straw man argument and it's transparent. I guess you don't feel comfortable debating the actual issue.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

Yes, generally you can tell if someone is aggressive by the number of consecutive posts they make. Your logic is out of this world my friend. Oh and thank you for your behavioural observation skills, I give you top marks. You must be so proud of yourself knowing exactly what people are like over the internet! You know so much about me by now. I'd say you have everything just about right!

The dwarf incident has as much relevance to this thread as the hotel one, which you yourself brought up (and someone pointed out straight away how ridiculous you were for doing so). Do everyone a favour, step away from the computer, stop making ridiculous observations/accusations and stop being an idiot in general thumbsup

EDIT: Why wouldn't I feel comfortable debating the "issue" when I am the one saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with this thread and people need to stop getting their panties in a twist over nothing? Plus you ignored everything I just said and commented on how many times I posted. If I was anything like you and judge somebodies character on a forum, I would say you are quite the fool thumbsup

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:55 pm

Sorry just making a second post here, to make you feel a bit better about yourself, and your judgement skills. GRR AGGRESSION mad

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

Rory, I was making the point that your argument that it was all in good fun, is an attitude susceptible to a lack of perspective. You might be meaning it in good fun, but it's not you that anyone is concerned might be offended.

Now the similarity with the chambermaid stunt was that the England lads felt they were having a bit of fun, but the young lady in question didn't share their sense of humour.

By you asserting that there is a "fine line" but you've stayed on the right side of it, you are making a subjective judgement, a judgement which a moderator was calling into question.

There's very little point in trying to have a reasonable discussion with you about this topic, because clearly you are not capable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes and imagining how it might feel and how your joke might be at their expense. You'll continue believing your judgement is beyond reproach and others must fall in line with your view.

Anyone making three consecutive posts has clearly got a bee in their bonnet and has gone off a bit of a rant. I just wonder why the topic has got you so het up.

Anyway, I'm through with this argument because I think the whole thread is nothing more than HERSH successfully dangling the bait. I have to give 10 points to him for it as well because I was just bemoaning the fall in his abilities before he started the thread; I now have no further desire to be a pawn in his entertainment.

You'll have your opinion and I'll have mine, so let's just leave it there.

miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:28 pm

Another judgement call that I can't put myself in other people's shoes. Now if you actually knew me in something called real life and not behind a computer, you would realise you are completely wrong. I can put myself in other people's shoes, does that mean I then have to agree with what they think? Nope, and I think dreamer got very offended over something that she really didn't need to get offended about. So I told her she should lighten up, and not let herself get so easily offended. At the end of the day, is this such a big deal she needs to get offended about? Nope, it isn't at all, and me telling her that somehow leads to her (and you I guess) concluding I am "that type of guy". Well, I would have said that to any of my friends/family who got offended over such things.

You made things even more ridiculous bringing in the hotel incident etc, and making all these ridiculous claims about how I view women/people/whoever and who's side I am on etc etc. You may hide behind big fancy words and seem like you know what you are talking about, but taking a closer look reveals what you have to say makes very little sense at all. I am glad you have decided to turn off the PC. I really am.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Another judgement call that I can't put myself in other people's shoes. Now if you actually knew me in something called real life and not behind a computer, you would realise you are completely wrong. I can put myself in other people's shoes, does that mean I then have to agree with what they think? Nope, and I think dreamer got very offended over something that she really didn't need to get offended about. So I told her she should lighten up, and not let herself get so easily offended. At the end of the day, is this such a big deal she needs to get offended about? Nope, it isn't at all, and me telling her that somehow leads to her (and you I guess) concluding I am "that type of guy". Well, I would have said that to any of my friends/family who got offended over such things.

You made things even more ridiculous bringing in the hotel incident etc, and making all these ridiculous claims about how I view women/people/whoever and who's side I am on etc etc. You may hide behind big fancy words and seem like you know what you are talking about, but taking a closer look reveals what you have to say makes very little sense at all. I am glad you have decided to turn off the PC. I really am.

That's in your opinion, which is not one that is shared by everyone. I think that's something you need to think about, Rory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

I didn't say it wasn't my opinion. My opinion is that getting offended over something this small is a waste of time. But clearly you do not agree, so carry on being offended.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm

You may wish to chill Rory, you do appear to be a bit het up and aggressive - whether you mean to or not.

I agree that I am NOT offended by the posting
I agree that its okay for Dreamer to be offended
My perspective about whether it is offensive or not is irrelevant in relation to how dreamer, and others offended, feel. That I think is the point Mity is trying to get you to understand.
It probably easier for me, as an asian fellow in NZ (minority who has experienced physical and verbal abuse), to understand.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:29 am

Can we all stay on topic please!!!!!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:34 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Why exactly is it light relief, Hersh?

England Women, Who's your favourite? - Page 2 3933776953 Wink Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy steam Sorry

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:35 am

Emily Scarratt is a cracking little runner with the ball (I am not allowed to mention she is quite cute as well I believe -- oops)

However Maggie Alphonsi and Heather Fisher are an absolutely amazing pair of flankers. Alphonsi has received all the plaudits - but Fisher deserves more recognition. I feel both have potential coaching abilities, and would also be good players for academy or championship coaches to invite to help with sessions.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:41 am

I believe Maggie is already a community support coach.
I think quite a number of the England internationals are coaching county and divisional levels aswell as in the below premiership level clubs.

Heather Fisher is a very good flanker though.
But like I said at the start of this topic (before everyone got ofended).
Rowena B. is making a good impact but Kay Wilson is the one to watch though. (she is lightning fast and is a great finisher).

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:43 am

LT - I've never said you couldn't comment on the looks, I beleive I said to comment on more than just looks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:44 am

It's probably worth pausing for a minute when we say things such as "English rugby is in a dire position at the moment" to consider that it's actually just the English senior mens 15 aside team. The rest seem to be doing quite nicely, particularly the women, who have of course just beaten world champions New Zealand in a series. Why is there no IRB world ranking for women's rugby?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:59 am

miteyironpaw wrote:It's probably worth pausing for a minute when we say things such as "English rugby is in a dire position at the moment" to consider that it's actually just the English senior mens 15 aside team. The rest seem to be doing quite nicely, particularly the women, who have of course just beaten world champions New Zealand in a series. Why is there no IRB world ranking for women's rugby?

Because apparently its sexist to rate them?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next