The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania

+6
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
Adam D
David Tails
Bobby Roode
ADMIN
10 posters

Go down

Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania Empty Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania

Post by ADMIN Mon 21 Mar 2011, 8:47 am

From eWrestling:

According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania Empty Wrestlemania Main Event *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 8:56 am

According to sources within WWE, a change is expected to be made to a top tier WrestleMania match over the next few days. Many are speculating that Christian will be added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Edge and Alberto Del Rio.

Pretty much everyone has seen this coming, anyone else think this will be Christian's only chance to show Vince he can cut it at the top table?

Back to top Go down

Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania Empty Re: Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 8:57 am

I'll delete my article then! laughing

Back to top Go down

Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania Empty Re: Spoiler regarding WHC match at Mania

Post by Bobby Roode Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:10 am

Praise the Lord. I know he won't win but it's nice to see him involved.

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:12 am

Although it gives something extra to the match, i dont like it. It takes away something from the Rumble victory for Del Rio for a one on one match at Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:16 am

Didn't Rey win the rumble and then go on to a triple threat at Mania, as did Benoit?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:21 am

Let's face it - he will never win...but he will definitely add something to the match.

I don't see the detraction.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:21 am

this seems odd bearing in mind the other thread stating that Vince doesnt rate Christian or want a edge v christian feud.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:23 am

Well not really, if Vince sees him as a stepping stone for up and comers then it's perfect.

As i said on a thread last night, Edge doesn't have the heart to put anyone over or steal a show. Throwing Christian in the mix will make it all the more 'impressive' if Del Rio wins against 2 friends when the odds are stacked against him.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 21 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

I think it's a sign they've lost faith in Del Rio more than anything. The reason Benoit and Rey's world title victories were turned into triple threat match was because they weren't seen as marquee names, and the company didn't have total trust in them to carry the ball. Look how badly their title runs were treated afterwards for proof of how little confidence WWE had in them.

Del Rio has received a very strong push and isn't doing badly in his role, but he doesn't come across as a major star. I think he's just too one-dimensional. Rich? Check. Arrogant? Check. Foreign? Check. He's good at playing the character, but the character just isn't very interesting. It doesn't help that he is an average worker, his ring attire doesn't look major league and he seems like a JBL ripoff. If you took away the cars, he wouldn't look out of place on an indy show.

His Rumble win, whilst not surprising (he was one of only three real contenders), felt underwhelming. My initial reaction was surprise that WWE had so much faith in someone who still struck me as very much hit or miss. I think there's still a chance we'll look back in a few years and remember Del Rio as someone who went on to be a great main eventer, but there is an equal chance we could look back and cringe at how badly he bombed.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:44 am

WWE botched the Royal Rumble badly in my opinion. Del Rio did nothing of note in it, when he should have been the focal point. As a heel he should have been bumping all over the place, like Flair in 92 or Michaels in 95. I'm not saying ADR should have been in for an hour or whatever but once he came in the focus should have been on him. Have him eliminate someone here and there, have the new entrants come to the ring and look to attack him etc.

Adding Christian to the match is a strange one, the general feeling was that he'd get involved anyway and probably cost Edge the title, whether accidentally or not. Maybe it's to add a layer of intrigue to the match because Del Rio seems a shoe-in to win the match or maybe as crips said it's a vote of no confidence in ADR.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:51 am

Crips could be right, although a triple threat would make it more interesting than Edge v ADR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:53 am

if you look at how del rio wrestled in mexico and how he does in the wwe now they've cut out a lot of his move set.

the guy has major potential but i feel it too soon to be doing a jbl character not that long after the guy is gone.

maybe wwe will throw a major curveball and have christian win the title by pinning edge?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:55 am

and then dropping the title the next night on Raw to ADR...

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:57 am

David Tails wrote:and then dropping the title the next night on Raw to ADR...

And being FE'd at Smackdown?

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:00 am

King Beer wrote:

And then winning the TNA World title on Impact?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:04 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
King Beer wrote:

And then winning the TNA World title on Impact?

Before losing it to Hogan in a 37 second squash at the next PPV?

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:08 am

Before dropping it at the next taping to Jeff Hardy. He'll come to the ring and cut a shoot promo on Hogan for turning his back on him. Hogan will come out all guns blazing after taking offence to the 'back' remark. He'll call Hardy a brother 46 times before challenging him to a match for the title. Hardy accepts before shooting up in the ring. He sits in the corner of the ring all night fighting with his t-shirt. Hogan comes down for the match but is jumped by Flair and Abyss, they beat Hogan down and put Jeff on top but Hogan kicks out, the entire locker room comes down and hit their finishers on Hogan while Jeff chases a 'dragon' round the ring, Hardy goes for the pin but Hogan kicks out, he fingerpokes Hardy and gets the pins before Matt Hardy eats his way out of a cake that magically appeared at ringside.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:11 am

King Beer wrote:Before dropping it at the next taping to Jeff Hardy. He'll come to the ring and cut a shoot promo on Hogan for turning his back on him. Hogan will come out all guns blazing after taking offence to the 'back' remark. He'll call Hardy a brother 46 times before challenging him to a match for the title. Hardy accepts before shooting up in the ring. He sits in the corner of the ring all night fighting with his t-shirt. Hogan comes down for the match but is jumped by Flair and Abyss, they beat Hogan down and put Jeff on top but Hogan kicks out, the entire locker room comes down and hit their finishers on Hogan while Jeff chases a 'dragon' round the ring, Hardy goes for the pin but Hogan kicks out, he fingerpokes Hardy and gets the pins before Matt Hardy eats his way out of a cake that magically appeared at ringside.

I'd watch that show.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

I think WWE were unsure who they wanted to win with Edge and Rio but putting Christian in makes me think Del Rio will get the pin on Christian and the title, because we all know WWE doesn't their babyfaces to ever look weak in anyway.

What makes me think this even more is Christian getting the win on smackdown and will continue to do so untill wrestlemaina then Del Rio finally getting a pin on him then.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:15 am

KB you missed out:

Ric Flair bleeds.

Dixie Carter smiles & applauds at ringside.

The crowd chant "This is awesome!"

-----

TNA's Next Pay Per View Main Event:

Jeff Hardy & his t-shirt vs Mario Balotelli & his bib

Who can figure out their garment first?

"Not for nuthin' Tenay but I been in one of those bibs, and once they gotchu, you ain't gettin' outta there! But t-shirts have the know-how to get the job done too!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:18 am

Sorry Y2, i thought everyone would just assume Flair was bleeding as he walked to the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

Actually KB can I put a siggestion to you?

Can we put Flair back in a wheelchair for that segment?

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:31 am

David Tails wrote:Actually KB can I put a siggestion to you?

Can we put Flair back in a wheelchair for that segment?

I could, but he's more likely to pin Hogan that way!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:43 am

But let's face it. Wheelchair Flair = guaranteed ratings!

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:59 am

Good point KB, there are 3 things certain in life: Death, taxes and the fact that Ric Flair will blade himself.

DT totally agree about Wheelchair Flair, they should give him an electric one - I'd love to seem him trying to figure that one out!

"WOOOOO! Stylin' & profilin' Mean Gene!"

"Umm....I'm Christy Hemme"

"WOOOOOO! The NAITCHA BWAAAAAH! And I will NEVER RETAAAAAH! I'm a wheelchair ridin', Saga holiday buyin', always bladin', grandma serenadin' son of a gun! WOOOOOO! WOW! THAT'S MY LINE!"

It's money thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:02 pm

"am always at the front of the line....wooooo.....but thats because am in a wheelchair.....woooooo"

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I think it's a sign they've lost faith in Del Rio more than anything. The reason Benoit and Rey's world title victories were turned into triple threat match was because they weren't seen as marquee names, and the company didn't have total trust in them to carry the ball. Look how badly their title runs were treated afterwards for proof of how little confidence WWE had in them.

Del Rio has received a very strong push and isn't doing badly in his role, but he doesn't come across as a major star. I think he's just too one-dimensional. Rich? Check. Arrogant? Check. Foreign? Check. He's good at playing the character, but the character just isn't very interesting. It doesn't help that he is an average worker, his ring attire doesn't look major league and he seems like a JBL ripoff. If you took away the cars, he wouldn't look out of place on an indy show.

His Rumble win, whilst not surprising (he was one of only three real contenders), felt underwhelming. My initial reaction was surprise that WWE had so much faith in someone who still struck me as very much hit or miss. I think there's still a chance we'll look back in a few years and remember Del Rio as someone who went on to be a great main eventer, but there is an equal chance we could look back and cringe at how badly he bombed.

this was my gut reaction to this spoiler.

Del Rio's Rumble win was underwhelming - I agree he should have been in there longer than 5 minutes and should have been the focus.

However I really hope that Del Rio wins if Christian is added to the match. Underwhelming or not Del Rio won the Rumble whereas Christian has not earnt his title shot, albeit beating the no1 contender on SD last week. Besides I think it would restore some of the prestige to the Rumble as its been a few years since a rumble winner won at Mania. Del Rio has all the tools to be a great champion and I like him; I hope WWE don't do a U-turn with him and make his title reign bomb like Swagger's.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm

Christian has been carrying this entire feud IMO while he wont win it if he is trusted to get a World title match at Mania then it might mean he could get a top run sometime this year, he needs to stay on SD tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

talkingpoint wrote:Del Rio has all the tools to be a great champion and I like him; I hope WWE don't do a U-turn with him and make his title reign bomb like Swagger's.

The difference there is that Del Rio has been pushed hard from Day 1. If/when he becomes World champion I think he'll be given every chance to succeed because Vince obviously rates him. Whereas Swagger was basically told "You! You're winning Money in the Bank!" not long before the match, and it was felt that he had to cash in the briefcase straight away to avoid there being 3 MITB holders what with the Money In The Bank pay per view coming up. So Swagger's reign didn't come at the end of a sustained push, hence the total bombing of his run with the title.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Mar 2011, 1:36 pm

Spot on Y2D2

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down