The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muscular Frame. Born or Made?

+3
legendkillar
newballs
hawkeye
7 posters

Go down

Muscular Frame. Born or Made? Empty Muscular Frame. Born or Made?

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

This will obviously come as a huge disappointment (in particular to certain posters who like to spread unfounded innuendo) but in this particular case there is no doubt...

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/296/babyrafatp9.jpg/

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Muscular Frame. Born or Made? Empty Re: Muscular Frame. Born or Made?

Post by newballs Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

hawkeye impressive stuff indeed. And that was just after his first 100 press-ups too!

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:40 pm

Hawky,

Will you elaborate on the article because I think it is one of interest. Purely because Nadal isn't the only player to benefit from pushing his physical levels to the limit. Murray from 2005 to 2008 was a totally different physical specimen. Djokovic likewise. Sampras another who had a small frame and eventually filled out ever so slightly.

Nadal comes from an athletic family, so it wouldn't be at all surprising that from a muscular perspective there was every chance he would have an advantage over players who may not have 'atheltic' DNA.

In terms of what Nadal is doing is no different to what was started many moons ago with Borg, Lendl, Sampras, Agassi, Hewitt, Roddick

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

legendkillar

I think you have completely misunderstood the article... Murray and Djokovic may have pushed their physical limets (Murray in particular looks a completely different specimen than he did as a teenager) but Nadal appears to have been lucky.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

Lol that is one big baby boy. Nadal had it from a young age Smile

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

hawkeye wrote:legendkillar

I think you have completely misunderstood the article... Murray and Djokovic may have pushed their physical limets (Murray in particular looks a completely different specimen than he did as a teenager) but Nadal appears to have been lucky.

Ermmm not really.

Andy's mother was a tennis player, so he must've been 'born' with it.

To assume someone will develop muscle without the required effort is a bit silly now.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

legendkillar

Born with what? Was Andy's mother born with a muscular frame?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:58 pm

Born with what? Was Andy's mother born with a muscular frame?

Hawky,

Was Rafa's Dad muscular when he was born?

If you are to use science for a tag 'muscular' frame, use science to back it up instead of tags like 'muscular' frame. It is sheer laziness.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

legendkillar

Why do you try and argue with everything? Look at the photo. Does baby Rafa look like a big strong baby? Do you think he had been working out in the gym? Do you think he had been doing anything suspicious?

Of course if you want to argue about whether or not Murray was born with a muscular frame you are welcome to do so. I agree it would be on topic here. Have you got any baby photos?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

Hawkeye,

You think that a baby picture determines the physical appearance of that person in adulthood?

So,

Can you confirm that is indeed Rafa in that picture?
Do you know how old Rafa is in that picture?
Can you provide proof whether Rafa's mum was not on any form of hormonial treatment when he was concieved?

I am not picking an argument, but to try and explain Nadal's physical appearance by a baby picture is lazy.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:14 pm

Laugh He certainly had more fat in his 40cm body than he now has in his 185cm one!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:25 pm

legendkillar

Well yes a baby picture does have something to do with the physical appearance of a person in adulthood. Duh!

IMO a photo is a great way to describe physical appearance but I suppose if it helps I will add that "Rafa was a bouncing baby".

You don't think that is Rafa in the picture? Honestly give that baby a raquet and I can virtually see him hitting a high loopy forehand and then doing a scissor kick...

I would say he looks about 5 months. Maybe a bit younger but he has such excellent head control.

What! Are you serious about Rafa's mum? I think you should talk to Tenez and noleisthebest. I have a feeling you would all get on like a house on fire...

Have you any Murray baby pictures?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:29 pm

Tenez wrote:

Muscular Frame. Born or Made? 810156456 He certainly had more fat in his 40cm body than he now has in his 185cm one!

Ha ha! 40cm babies. You are no expert on the human physique.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:29 pm

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

Another lazy article.

I would descrive the baby picture as 'healthy'

Was that picture taken during an MTO?

Why do I want a picture of Murray?

Also you are aware that Hormonial treatment can used for illnesses?

So you have moved from a baby determines an adult's physical appearance to 'something'

Maybe if you accept that 'training' actually does impact growth, we could agree on a whole sentence.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Muscular Frame. Born or Made? 810156456 He certainly had more fat in his 40cm body than he now has in his 185cm one!

Ha ha! 40cm babies. You are no expert on the human physique.

And you are? Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

legendkillar

I'm sorry the picture of baby Rafa has upset you. Maybe you could just try and forget that you've seen it...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

Hawky,

I am not upset. I think your upset.

I find it amusing that you can't acknowledge people's views and actually find room for discussion to take place.

If you had said 'it is of my opinion Rafa picked up a racquet and became a tennis pro right away' then we could've got somewhere.

I know you would love for me to agree with your lazy journalism.

Maybe when I stop giving a crap about the sport, I might. Just might.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

BTW, my daughter looked bigger than Rafa at roughly the same age. She is now a very thin tall 12 yo.

But anyway, Nadal might be naturally very fit....it's just a shame he is only naturally fit from May to September.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

Tenez wrote:BTW, my daughter looked bigger than Rafa at roughly the same age. She is now a very thin tall 12 yo.

But anyway, Nadal might be naturally very fit....it's just a shame he is only naturally fit from May to September.

Pffffttt you know nothing about babies remember! Wink

Your argument holds no weight!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:51 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:BTW, my daughter looked bigger than Rafa at roughly the same age. She is now a very thin tall 12 yo.

Pffffttt you know nothing about babies remember! Wink

Your argument holds no weight!

I know;)

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

Maybe a slightly more scientific way would be to look at the body types of the players as body types vary in the ability to gain muscle and strength in different areas. This was quite interesting

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

Nadal might just be naturally very fit and particularly good on clay and grass and relatively poor on indoor hardcourts?

I can't comment on your daughter but don't you think that some people are born with a more muscular frame than others? Of course in sport this is a big advantage. IMO Nadal has been "lucky" in this way. Looking back at pictures he has always looked muscular. There are no before and after (gym work) pictures.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Maybe a slightly more scientific way would be to look at the body types of the players as body types vary in the ability to gain muscle and strength in different areas. This was quite interesting

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

Thats interesting

I would say that both Federer and Djokovic are ectomorphs (Djokovic more so) and Nadal is "very" mesomorph.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

hawkeye wrote:
I can't comment on your daughter but don't you think that some people are born with a more muscular frame than others?

Nadal is exactly the same age as Gasquet the shrimp. However when they are both 13....Nadal doesnt look any bigger than Gasquet but Gasquet used to beat and outlast Nadal as in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKuv4j67aw

So you may have to look for proof of him being naturally born with a big frame somewhere else.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:26 pm

Nadal is "very" mesomorph.
Probably from drinking all that Meso Soup. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

Tenez wrote:
hawkeye wrote:
I can't comment on your daughter but don't you think that some people are born with a more muscular frame than others?

Nadal is exactly the same age as Gasquet the shrimp. However when they are both 13....Nadal doesnt look any bigger than Gasquet but Gasquet used to beat and outlast Nadal as in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKuv4j67aw

So you may have to look for proof of him being naturally born with a big frame somewhere else.

I disagree! I think even in that video Nadal looks "bigger" than Gasquet. It might be difficult to make out as they are both wearing baggy clothes and you only really see Gasquet at the end... but look at their legs. Or get your buddy noleisthebest to look at their legs as she is an expert on legs. Gasquet has skinny legs and Nadal doesn't.

Are you saying that you don't believe people have different body types? Have you looked at the link given by carrieg4 about Ectomorphs, Mesomorphs and Endomorphs? Or just have a look at the people around you.

Do you think that Djokovic could train like Nadal and aquire a body like him? Or do you think Nadal could train like Djokovic and get a body like him?

BTW no shame on Nadal losing to Gasquet he is very talented and was even more precocious than Nadal

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:Are you saying that you don't believe people have different body types? Have you looked at the link given by carrieg4 about Ectomorphs, Mesomorphs and Endomorphs? Or just have a look at the people around you.
Yes there are different body types....but dogs don't produce cats. And Nadal's parents are pretty normal to me. Now if you want to talk about his uncle.....well...he has a bit of history too!

Do you think that Djokovic could train like Nadal and aquire a body like him? Or do you think Nadal could train like Djokovic and get a body like him?

And this one do you think he was born like that or that he became like that?

http://www.learn-bodybuilding.com/images/bb/kev3.jpg

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

Ha ha! You don't for a minute think that Nadal looks like that. Your just making the same old unfounded accusations. He looks like a grown up version of his baby picture and he also looks like his parents paticuarlarly his father.

In fact rather than Nadal looking bigger and stronger than the opposition I remember thinking during the AO that despite his muscular frame the opposition looks to have the physical advantage. Both Nadal and Federer at "only" 6' 1" appear to be at a disadvantage

Also you didn't answer the questions

Do you think that Djokovic could train like Nadal and aquire a body like
him? Or do you think Nadal could train like Djokovic and get a body
like him?

Nadal could no way train or not train and get the relatively skinny frame of Djokovic.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

Nadal's father may have been the one to have taken steroids which somehow made his spérm super athletic.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:41 pm

hawkeye wrote:Do you think that Djokovic could train like Nadal and aquire a body like
him? Or do you think Nadal could train like Djokovic and get a body
like him?
THe picture I postedwas meant to answer this question. We all can add muscles pretty easily. Nadal might not be as big as teh guy on the picture, he has a lot in common with veins very apparent and bigger than normal (unless you can see those veins already as a baby) and the muscle definition is simply reaching new levels.

That's what I like with those HD slow mo shots....things become evern more "obvious". Again, I am not accusing him of anything....except that this to me looks much more acquired than innate.

You started the subject, I just feel like giving an honest answer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down