The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+8
Fluxy
LukeLovesLuka
stnick88
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 14:59

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by stnick88 Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 15:48

Depends on how he goes in super 15 Chris. Burger is injured. Saull ok but nothing special for me, the way steff armitage is playing he could solve England's openside problems.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 15:57

Flood's showing in this game why his kicking in open play isn't good enough - he really annoys me with his aimless kicking, which usually goes straight to an opponent. Not sure he knows how to tactical kick! Where Hodgson and Farrell would both be better.

Nick - Toulon fans love Armitage, say he is easily England's best no7 - think he scored again for them against Stade yesterday. Wonder why he's never really been given a chance for England, could be good if you have a big ball carrying no8.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:11

Love to see Spencer pass a ball, so boring

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:13

Sarries play the dullest rugby in the league - if they didnt have Brits then I dont think they would ever run the ball.

Interesting to see what Tomkins is like.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:24

Cracking win that, Murphy was quality. Sarries so boring

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:30

Never like to see Saracens lose :-) They are so negative in how they play and deserve to lose more games.

Why didn't Flood go for the DG? Very odd for Murphy to come in and do that - don't think he will make the England match day squad after that.

Like the Samoan prop that Leicester have found, might be worth having a look in the next foreign window!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:36

Didn't seem to fancy it, Murphy is quality at dg's. I doubt the England management will make Flood call on him not attempting a DG.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:39

I think they'll drop Hodgson for the Wales game and play Farrell at 10. Need to stop Roberts getting any joy in that channel
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:40

Didnt mean on not attempting the DG, but for his bad performance generally. Tactical kicking was atrocious today, did some good passes, but needs more game time.

Tuilagi has to play next week.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:44

Thought Flood played really well myself, really got the backs going. Not bad for 1st start?? In a few months

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:46

He was quite poor today Pooly in all honesty - your right it was his first start in a few months (though think he played 80mins last week).

His kicking was very bad, and Leicester had the get out of jail card in their backline of giving the ball to Tuilagi and letting him get over the gainline.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 16:59

If you thought Flood played badly there I'd suggest not watching Giteau for Toulon.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 17:14

You mean how he stole the show for them at the weekend and got them a draw with the last kick of the game on the touchline? That Giteau, playing quite well by all accounts.

Flood didnt have a good game, if he can recapture his pre-injury form then that'd be great - but on that performance I would be surprised if he makes the 22 for England. The way Lancaster has been I think he will put Tuilagi on the bench, but start Farrell and Barritt.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 17:36

Stole the show lol...

I watched that game, 2 goal kicks aside he was pretty poor.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 17:44

Been hearing good things about Cips though, can't wait to see that Rebels backline in full flow

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 19:43

Just about to watch game. Apparently flood was indifferent last week which you would expect. I am no fan but pre injury he was playing so
So well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 20:29

Manu & Murphy class today, Flood was rusty but I thought he played well. Odd poor kick but attacked the line & got the backs moving

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 20:46

mat will be interesting what you think of Flood's performance - he showed some nice touches, but thought his game management and tactical kicking was absolutely awful today - if he kicked like he did today against Wales their backline would be scoring tries left right and centre.

If he had a good kicking game and was better man management he'd be so much better than Hodgson.

Wonder who Lancaster will drop as can't see how he could not pick Tuilagi after his performance today - have a feeling it could be Barritt due to Farrell's kicking ability, as wouldnt trust Hodgson in a close game to get his kicks.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 20:59

Barrit will be so unlucky to be dropped I am not a fan but believe the shirt is yours until you screw up: look how good England's cricket became when people were not worried about losing their place all the time.

Even though I know dropping barrit is right long term I don't want it to happen as I think it is wrong message

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:07

He's definitely been our best back, but if Lancaster wants to get England going forward he needs Tuilagi.

Would also say he needs to bring in Lawes - would swap him for Botha, but keep Parling on the bench.

Not sure if Lancaster will do that though, doesnt seem the sort.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:09

Barritt will be dropped, rather Manu play at 13

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:14

I still think for consistency Barritt should stay. What has he done wrong. You can't play one game and then an international.

Lancaster is a yes man and rfu lap dog
Mallet, jake white etc would not tolerate the way we run things.

We are playing rugby 20 years out of date. Least set piece looks good

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:16

Who do you think the team will be Pooly? I think it will be something like, with the main decision who will be 10 and 12 - Farrells kicking has become too important for us, and agree with you that his attacking game is pretty poor.

I'd also like to see Ashton dropped and Sharples given a game.

Corbs
Hartley
Cole
Palmer
Lawes
Croft
Robshaw
Morgan
Dickson
Hodgson/Farrell
Strettle
Farrell/Barritt
Tuilagi
Ashton
Foden

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:18

Can't understand why they play Ashton at 14 when he's actually an 11 - sadly it looks like we are playing the Saracens way and accomodating Strettle instead of trying to get Ashton playing his usual game. Stretts hasnt looked like scoring yet, and has had a lot more ball than Ashton.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:26

Ashton does not track off the ball like he used to. He was like Guildford in hs
Amazing work rate and made
And finished tries. It's a pure confidence thing and he will be back. Great player but in a poor run

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:42

Corbisiero looks awful when I see him for Irish but looks a world beater in an england shirt. Can't figure it out.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:55

That's why I dont understand why Lancaster doesnt play him in his usual position - give him some confidence, get him running again - I think the stick he took during and after the WC really effected him.

Corbs has looked top class so far, been very impressed with him - also think Croft was very good against the Italians - we need to play a more expanisve game and get him running more with the ball in space like we did with the Lions.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 21:57

How is that Steve?? Corbs been poor in prem. there is obviously something coaches see. Look at nick wood mom by a million miles yesterday and easily glos player of season and to me should be England 1. However he is Saxons and England seniors don't fancy him.

That's why they are pro coaches and we are speculators. Same
With steffan armitage world beater in prem but never fancied at top level. I never rated him because every time
He came up against qera he got
Annihilated. One tackle he lost
15 odd metres. but for sheer form, consistency and destruction offered more
Than most. In France he looks dynamite but have not seen him against a top 7 yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:17

Whoever said saull not good at break down watch game today. 30 minutes in and he is destroying things and slowing everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:18

He wins another penalty. They can't move him

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:22

And he was up against Salvi! He got the better of Poff the week before too, which I didnt think would happen.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:34

2 out and out 7s 60 minutes in and he is caning the breakdown. Manu looking good. Flood ball in hand
Great kicking shocking typical performance when any 10 out for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:42

How much has ed slater improved generally excellent week in these days. Anyone see savage for glos yesterday?? Been playing rugby for 4 years and now has buxtons place. Really good carrier and basics can play 4 also

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:52

I know I sound boring about this but how bad is Andrew small every game he refs. So
Many bad calls in Leicester vs
Sarries game. Bad for both so consistent but shocking. He loves sound of
His own voice and is the opposite of the quote " sign of a good ref is when you do not notice him "

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 22:53

Happy to admit Saull played the breakdown very well today

Tigers worked wonders with Slater, awful last season but looking a real deal 4

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:03

Amazing how fitness and coaching works. Slater must be near Saxons. Absolute 4 work rate cracking. Watching palmer and
Botha last week was a treat. They ate up the ground and tackles. 10 x better than Wales second row.only positive watching game in Italy. That and front row. Pdj has to be bench rather than Stevens

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:05

Just watched the Championship game Doncaster v Rotherham. If you can watch the kick which wins the game for Roth in last minute. As gooder kick as ive ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGq_N7aOxgs

from 30 secs.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:06

Game finished flood to rusty to be involved 2 weeks and he will be sharp again. Sh did not help him. Really like mafi and tuilagi looks sharp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:12

Can we ban tuilagi due to his hair cut. Rats tail
Was big in glos in the 80s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:21

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/7970.php

Watkins from Worcester and moriaty
Of glos meant to be big hopes

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:32

thats a hell of a kick, crazy wind
was out on the p iss not too along ago with a 2nd row from rotherham titans, adrian something, used to play for bath and is hoping to get signed by bristol this summer.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:34

Griffiths is it? Know a bit about Rotherham with Tom Foden playing there. in Preseason they do 100 live scrums in a session! DOR there Bester is a tough man!

At Roth you've got Hooper the TH prop, Dickinson in the row along with Taulava and Copeland who could all do well in the AP.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:39

Bristol have money to burn at glos we have lost some
Youth within 2 weeks of their money.

Great to see them back. Every prem should have glos, bris, bath ( thru gritted teeth) wasps saints sarries Leicester Irish and after that don't care

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:51

sale and Newcastle?

Have at least won the AP unlike many on that list

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:53

don't see why bristol have to be in there either tbh. dont really consider them an ap team

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:56

Sale yes and terrible i forgot Steve. North needs to be there as does either Leeds or
Falcons. Bristol
West country and tradition would love Cornwall in there. Worcester not a club

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 23:58

looks likely bristol will come up this year. I might put a sneaky pound on them resigning contepomi!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 0:00

Love seeing exeter do well that part of uk nuts
About game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 0:01

Ground is so bad. At Xmas watched them against Bedford.
2 hour q for beer.
When asked
Why don't you pre pour the guy said never thought of that

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 20 Feb 2012 - 8:44

thats it steve Griffiths. big old lad.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next