The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale - Italy or give up belts

3 posters

Go down

Degale - Italy or give up belts Empty Degale - Italy or give up belts

Post by Adam D Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:35 am

The mandatory challenger to Degales belt, Cristian Sanavia’s promotional company Round Zero have taken the purse bid for their upcoming fight. Secured with a bid of 250,000 Euros, it means that DeGale now has to either face him in Italy or forfeit the belt.

DeGale now has tough decision to make as he not only needs to decide on hi next fight but also iron out his dspute with Frank Warren who he is contracted with until 2013. His last two bouts were postponed in December and January leading to DeGale trying to leave the Warren stable.

As for now - the choice is to either defend the belt in Italy or vacate. Either way, his world ranking is unlikely to be effected in his pursuit of a world title.

For my money, it serves him right for thinking he is bigger than he actually is. Italy is a tough place to get a decision!

Last edited by Adam D on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Degale - Italy or give up belts Empty Re: Degale - Italy or give up belts

Post by Rowley Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

This is a hell of a tough decision, going to Italy, as you have alluded to is tough enough, particularly when you are in dispute with your promoter, who is unlikely to do too much to make things easy for you. Be fascinating to see how this pans out, does look like if he does not tread carefully the wheels could seriously come off for Degale, which would be a shame because despite the fact he always comes across as a tool is not without talent.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Adam D wrote:
Serves him right for thinking he is bigger than he actually is. Italy is a tough place to get a decision!

I agree with your general sentiment, Adam, but lets not kid ourselves, the UK has hardly been exempt from 'hometown' decisions over recent years. I would imagine if roles were reversed, Sanavia’s team would have exactly the same worries.

Tough times for DeGale, he has some soul searching to do over the next few weeks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down