The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless..

+2
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless.. Empty Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:25 pm

Let's look...

Natasha Jonas draws with Harper who was smashed in two rounds by a visiting American....Loses another shot....Then moves up a few weights and finds a stiff = WBO World Champion.

Ebanie Bridges loses to Courtney who gets a lesson off Jamie Mitchell wins an IBF World strap.  

Carly Skelly who I don't think fought anything with a heart beat got embarrassed by said Mitchell two months ago...So bad her corner wanted her out after two rounds..

When titles are so aplenty and fighters so sparse you might as well shop around in the six weights above and see if there is an ABC tomato can..

Sad state of affairs but World titles in Women's boxing are pretty much meaningless.

Not that Women shouldn't box but four titles a weight class is laughable when you are probably in the top 20 when you turn pro.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

No name Bertie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless.. Empty Re: Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless..

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:31 am

I was ready to come here and lambast you for this because like with the mens, with the right fight womens boxing is brilliant BUT you've made a point i've been saying for years. Now is the time for any women old enough and with a bit of skill to turn pro because you literally can be a world champion in a few fights time. There's boxers aplenty but a lot are novice level.

although i do disagree with the Bridges comment, that Courtenay fight was close and Shannon had quite obviously believed the hype a little bit too much for the Mitchell fight. she deserved the win at the weekend and whilst she gets a lot of press for the lingerie stuff she deserves her belt..

I think you'll see in the next few years a lot more talent, there's an absolutely brilliant bunch coming in across the amateurs in the UK and that can only be good for the sport, sadly though we all know that it has the same issues with bias and judges that the mens game has. sad..............

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless.. Empty Re: Women's boxing and so many World belts....Is Meaningless..

Post by kingraf Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:10 am

The pool is so shallow, that you'd almost advise any pretty girl with a bit of athleticism to try her hand at boxing. Someone like Bridges took the sport up at 30(?) And she's got herself a world title and 500k followers on Instagram as a result of being a reasonably attractive woman who can fight. Having checked out her Instagram, she's got four sponsored stories on today, and at the normal rate of $500 a story for a page of her size, that's $2000 a day easy. $500k minumum before actually fighting. Which is probably more than Josh Taylor makes, which will obviously irk some on here.

If I knew a pretty girl who had a semi decent right hand, I'd be telling her her to get in the ring ASAP
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:21 pm

kingraf wrote:The pool is so shallow, that you'd almost advise any pretty girl with a bit of athleticism to try her hand at boxing. Someone like Bridges took the sport up at 30(?) And she's got herself a world title and 500k followers on Instagram as a result of being a reasonably attractive woman who can fight. Having checked out her Instagram, she's got four sponsored stories on today, and at the normal rate of $500 a story for a page of her size, that's $2000 a day easy. $500k minumum before actually fighting. Which is probably more than Josh Taylor makes, which will obviously irk some on here.

If I knew a pretty girl who had a semi decent right hand, I'd be telling her her to get in the ring ASAP  

Fnar fnar.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:21 pm

How would you compare the health and competition and depth in MMA womens' sport to women's boxing? Maybe in MMA there are fewer sanctioning bodies (maybe only one in MMA?) and fewer fight weights.

Maybe the fact that there are four sanctioning bodies and numerous weights in boxing also affects the quality in mens boxing too compared to MMA but the media hype associated with boxing tends to hide this.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:17 pm

If ever you wanted proof Women's boxing is a joke...Terri Harper who got battered at super feather is fighting a journeyman Brit for a Super welt world title...She probably wins.. What a joke..

It's a shame Barry Mcguigan never got to fight Mike McCallum isn't it ??

Pathetic.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:57 pm

kingraf wrote:The pool is so shallow, that you'd almost advise any pretty girl with a bit of athleticism to try her hand at boxing. Someone like Bridges took the sport up at 30(?) And she's got herself a world title and 500k followers on Instagram as a result of being a reasonably attractive woman who can fight. Having checked out her Instagram, she's got four sponsored stories on today, and at the normal rate of $500 a story for a page of her size, that's $2000 a day easy. $500k minumum before actually fighting. Which is probably more than Josh Taylor makes, which will obviously irk some on here.

The talent pool in pretty much every women's sports is shallow. What they won't tell you is that the consumers of women's sports is actually men. Women by and large don;t want to do sports they have not the same biological imperative to do it.

As for women's boxing that Skye Nicolson could beat me up free of charge. Cool

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:24 am

Harper who got squashed at super feather is now Jr middle champ.

Maybe she can move up to Heavy next ..

More belts than fighters.. What a joke.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down