The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wladimir Hiding behind his brother.....

+17
Michaels, Sean
ArchBritishchris
xhairs
Rowley
tommyhearns
ONETWOFOREVER
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
Benelio
manos de piedra
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
STC
88Chris05
Sir. badgerhands
ThrowingLeather
21 posters

Go down

Wladimir Hiding behind his brother..... Empty Wladimir Hiding behind his brother.....

Post by ThrowingLeather Wed 23 Mar 2011, 12:56 pm

Today Ive been hearing Wladimir talk and I find it quite unbelievable that he's trying to justify the potential last minute switch of fighter for the Haye bout. Namely Vitali to fight Haye if Wlad doesn't feel like it.

Im sick to death of the way in which they attempt to control the heavyweight scene. They wont fight each other so its unlikely that we're gonna see a unified champ unless Haye sparks them both...and in negotiation they act like one entity. If Wlad has beaten a fighter he's discounted by Vitali and vice versa.

Listening to his interview today It sounds very much like Wlad is going to run and hide behind Vitali because he's scared of losing his belts.

Its about time one was the mandatory for the others belts so one of them gets stripped of the titles. They've got too much control right now... Its not good for boxing. mad

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Hiding behind his brother..... Empty Re: Wladimir Hiding behind his brother.....

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:05 pm

The K boys are one fight away from realising their dream of holding all the belts (shame ONE of them couldn't have had this dream all by himself but hey ho) and from THAT point of view (and that point of view alone) I can justify Wlad's decision to let Vitali do the deed (if he CAN of course!!!!!!!!!!)

Wlad's always been seen as the weaker of the two, he even admits it himself, so for the sake of losing a bit of face in front of a load of people he's never met and couldn't really give a toss about, why let pride stand in the way of realising your goal.

At the end of the day, Wlad won't care if he doesn't fight Haye. Maybe he beats him, maybe not, but I think that if Wlad was told he and vitali could clean up and Wlad doesn't HAVE to take the risk of fighting Haye, he won't. They're businessmen first, fighters second.

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Hiding behind his brother..... Empty Re: Wladimir Hiding behind his brother.....

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:12 pm

In some ways I wish Haye would fight Vitali first.

His knocking on a fair bit and I feel Haye would have a greater chance against Vitali than he would against Wlad.

Vitali in his last couple of fights (ok the last one did only last a couple of minutes) has looked ponderous.

I reckon Haye could get in and out against Vitali and win it on points.

Wlad would be a much tougher fight for my two cents worth.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

To be honest, I'm still not one hundred percent confident that a fight against either of them is going to happen. The worst part is, both teams seem to think they're being interesting and fun with all this 'maybe, but maybe not. Could be Wladimir, could be Vitali, I don't want you to fight Chisora nine weeks before me, I've got an injury, could be June, but might be July, I'm struggling for fitness, you're ducking me, no it's you who's ducking' shoite that we've had to put up with. They don't seem to realise that nobody cares anymore, we just want a fight.

We've been hearing for three weeks now that an announcement for a late June / early July date will be coming 'very soon.' How long are we meant to wait before we start getting suspicious again? Wouldn't surprise me at all if we hear within the next week or so that the fight is off for yet another pathetic reason.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

I think Waldo is actually just taking the p*ss.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

Apparently we can expect an announcement in the 3rd week of April (presumably with regard to venue, tickets), with the Klitschko camp required to say which brother is actually fighting by the 1st week of May, Chris.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:42 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Apparently we can expect an announcement in the 3rd week of April (presumably with regard to venue, tickets), with the Klitschko camp required to say which brother is actually fighting by the 1st week of May, Chris.

So I hear, yes. Don't think too many can blame me (or others) for remaining a wee bit cautious though, given the complete farce that has gone before!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Don't think too many can blame me (or others) for remaining a wee bit cautious though, given the complete farce that has gone before!

I won't believe any fight is happening between this lot until they do the ring walks.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:58 pm

Haye's training is under way by all accounts, so let's just hope this time it will all go ahead.

I haven't been so excited by a boxing matchup in many a year.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 23 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

i'd be excited to see haye fight wlad or vitali, and think vitali the harder fight for him

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 23 Mar 2011, 2:47 pm

I think the fact that Haye has been so focused on getting Wladimir and not Vitali indicates what his strategy and way of thinking is. Clearly he feels his best chance of winning is by a stoppage and I suspect he may be resigned to the fact that a points win could be too hard.

I envisage Haye v Valuev all over again except this time Haye will be looking to land a killer blow rather than nick rounds. Similar tactics, different strategy.

Obviously he sees Vitali as the much more difficult prospect to KO and thus wants to cross that bridge if and when he comes to it.

I find it hard to gauge Vitali now as hes been given hardly any tests. He took 2 good hooks from Solis without effect so his chin looks to be still quite solid.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Wed 23 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

Listened to the interview myself. I found it interesting when, at the end, Wladmir said that someone's A-S-S was going on the canvas, and then said 'but not Vitali's....... or Wladmir's' . Why mention Vitali's name first, I wonder? Smile

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

This fight hasn't stopped being a farce just yet by the sounds of it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:24 pm

Does anyone really care so much which Klitschko it is? I would actually prefer Vitali as I think it would be a better fight. I just want to see HAye v A. Klitschko.

Personally Im actually glad that there is the option of either Klitschko if needs be as it increases the chances of the fight happening.

All the moaning seems to be coming from Haye nuts who seem to be starting to worry about the prospect of Haye possibly facing the tougher brother. Who cares I say. Just make it happen.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:28 pm

I care, I'd prefer it to be Wladimir as I see him as the proper champion, whereas Vitali has just come back and picked up a belt.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:31 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Does anyone really care so much which Klitschko it is? I would actually prefer Vitali as I think it would be a better fight. I just want to see HAye v A. Klitschko.

Personally Im actually glad that there is the option of either Klitschko if needs be as it increases the chances of the fight happening.

All the moaning seems to be coming from Haye nuts who seem to be starting to worry about the prospect of Haye possibly facing the tougher brother. Who cares I say. Just make it happen.

I believe it's a question of context, manos, and while I agree with you that Haye v either of the brothers is a more exciting fight than the usual heavyweight fare we can't really blame the Haye fans for charging Wlad with ducking when we remember that the shoe has been on the other foot during the recent past.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:36 pm

When are people going to realize that the brothers as a unit are the heavyweight champions. To become champion 1 must fight and beat both of them.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:To become champion 1 must fight and beat both of them.
How can one fight both of them? That would mean one fighting himself then his brother. Neither of these two events are very likely to happen, especially the first one.

The only heavyweight who could conceivably fight and beat himself is Tyson Fury and he's nowhere near heavyweight title level yet.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

both brothers are there for the taking for sure,in the 90s these dudes would be retired by any number of guys back then,wlads chin hasnt been tagged since sam peter and he was useless as we found out,manny steward has him fighting scared against these c-level pretenders and still takes 10 rnds to finish em Whistle watch him do his flopping fish routine soon as haye lands one,as for vitali he still looks like a baby giraffe as he fights,he looks knackered after 3 rnds with his tongue hanging near his chin,haye is patient these days and can adopt the in/out tactics ala valuev with him,they are there for the taking just that this eras heavyweights have been terrible Doh

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

To become champion 1 must fight and beat both of them.
************************************************************Sounds like the tagline for a Steven Segal movie!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:To become champion 1 must fight and beat both of them.
************************************************************Sounds like the tagline for a Steven Segal movie!!

Not a very good one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

Has there ever been a very good one? Whistle

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

Never mind Seagal, Wladimir could do the acting himself judging by that ridiculous video he relased last year.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:When are people going to realize that the brothers as a unit are the heavyweight champions. To become champion 1 must fight and beat both of them.

So by this definition then, neither Klit is truly a champion.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

Scottrf wrote:Has there ever been a very good one? Whistle

Not when it comes to Seagal, no! He's a poor man's Schwarzenegger / Stallone if ever there was one. Still a level above the Van Dammes, though!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Not when it comes to Seagal, no! He's a poor man's Schwarzenegger / Stallone if ever there was one. Still a level above the Van Dammes, though!

Let's leave Seagal alone.

The man is legend in the art of pushing people over while wearing a rather fetching ponytail!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Hiding behind his brother..... Empty haye v the bros krim... but which one...?

Post by xhairs Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

hi guys...

be kind, this is my first posting, but i have been following 606 and on here for years and have watched boxing for even longer...

recently there has been a lot of posts about which brother haye will actually meet if and when a fight takes place.

we know that he is keen to unify the division before he hangs up his gloves, and as each brother holds a title belt, he would have to fight both and win to achieve his goal.

do you, as i do, feel that if the talk of wlad stepping aside for vitali to take the first fight is true, it will make the overall task unachievable...

if haye where to win over vitali, the perceived harder fight, how easy do you see the negotiations going for a fight with his little brother.

i would imagine that after seeing vitali get beaten, wlad would rather retire than risk the klitchko legacy of holding belts be tarnished by stepping in with a haye boosted in confidence from fighting the 'harder brother'...

your thoughts...

xhairs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:06 pm

Will fess up didn't mind executive decision, does have the advantage of Seagal dying half way through ti though

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

Is this a good career move for Vitali, fighting a much younger and quicker opponent? At the age of 40, other older competitors are readily beatable, but it becomed harder to defeat the younger guys in the division. Does he need the fight in terms of legacy or finances? It seems to offer him very little.

Because of Haye's antics the Klitsh's have fired back with their own salvos, i reckon this has partly motivated the callings out, commitments to fight and then seeming reluctance. When it comes to signing the papers neither is apparently keen, i'm not sure if Vitali would be there on fight night.

Like some others, with all the shenanigans I'll believe it when I see it.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

Under Seige with Erica Eleniak displaying her charms after bursting forth from the Birthday cake?

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

xhairs wrote:hi guys...

be kind, this is my first posting, but i have been following 606 and on here for years and have watched boxing for even longer...

recently there has been a lot of posts about which brother haye will actually meet if and when a fight takes place.

we know that he is keen to unify the division before he hangs up his gloves, and as each brother holds a title belt, he would have to fight both and win to achieve his goal.

do you, as i do, feel that if the talk of wlad stepping aside for vitali to take the first fight is true, it will make the overall task unachievable...

if haye where to win over vitali, the perceived harder fight, how easy do you see the negotiations going for a fight with his little brother.

i would imagine that after seeing vitali get beaten, wlad would rather retire than risk the klitchko legacy of holding belts be tarnished by stepping in with a haye boosted in confidence from fighting the 'harder brother'...

your thoughts...

Sorry, xhairs, this is a fine article, but since we already have an article dealing with the same issue I'm going to merge the two together.

Have no doubt that your points will attract several good responses.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

Seagal is a quality actor and a respected musician. He must have 4 or 5 films in the Top 20 action films of all time. I'd like to see Schwarzeneggar snap someone's elbow and knock another's teeth out with a snooker ball, all in the blink of an eye.

Give the man the respect he deserves.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

Can't believe some of you punks dissing Steven Seagal.

The guy's made a good living by throwing mofos through windows and over car bonnets for decades now. What the heck do you do? Huh?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:35 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Seagal is a quality actor and a respected musician. He must have 4 or 5 films in the Top 20 action films of all time. I'd like to see Schwarzeneggar snap someone's elbow and knock another's teeth out with a snooker ball, all in the blink of an eye.

That's nothing. Arnie has travelled back in time to destroy the man who will save the earth, and then to save the earth himself. I've seen Arnie beat up a child abuser, chat up a teacher and then teach a class room of five year old kids a bit of discipline all in the same afternoon.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Seagal is a quality actor and a respected musician. He must have 4 or 5 films in the Top 20 action films of all time. I'd like to see Schwarzeneggar snap someone's elbow and knock another's teeth out with a snooker ball, all in the blink of an eye.

That's nothing. Arnie has travelled back in time to destroy the man who will save the earth, and then to save the earth himself. I've seen Arnie beat up a child abuser, chat up a teacher and then teach a class room of five year old kids a bit of discipline all in the same afternoon.

Can he play county and western? I didn't think so.......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:39 pm

Ah, but has Seagal mastered the art of jungle warfare the way Arnie has?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by xhairs Wed 23 Mar 2011, 5:42 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

be kind, this is my first posting.

Sorry, xhairs, this is a fine article, but since we already have an article dealing with the same issue I'm going to merge the two together.

phew, found it...

thought i'd blown it and upset someone on my first post...!

xhairs

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 23 Mar 2011, 5:50 pm

xhairs wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

be kind, this is my first posting.

phew, found it...

thought i'd blown it and upset someone on my first post...!

Certainly not, mate.

Welcome aboard, by the way.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:44 pm

your thoughts...

Totally agree mate but I do think it will be Wlad think they are just playing a bit of mind games with Haye. Any advantage is a good one.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 23 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

the more i keep hearing about the klits changing oppenents the more they seem worried. while i have always considered vitali the much better of the two brothers you have to ask what effects the age is going to make fighting a very fast and powerful oppenent.

wlad at the moment is considered the number one and is much improved on the fighter who got slapped about early on and had to have his brother come help him out. perhaps could be the other way round ths time. but i have my doubts. wlad has always hid behind his brother and if haye beats the older brother wlad will go running to the hills. hayes got a better chance of a rematch against vitali.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 23 Mar 2011, 8:09 pm

I have said repeatedly on here since the clause allowing vitali to step in was revealed that the K-Bros will engineer this into a haye v vitali match. I felt they were trying the same thing in December with wlad opting to retake the chisora match, leaving vitali as the more viable opponent at the time. I hope I'm wrong and will happily eat my words as I'd rather see haye v wlad, but I'm convinced the K-Bros see it as a more winnable fight for vitali.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:08 pm

So what if Wlad is actually injured?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:14 pm

azania wrote:So what if Wlad is actually injured?

If he is, he is, but a good number of people will remain highly skeptical due to all the shilly-shallying.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:So what if Wlad is actually injured?

If he is, he is, but a good number of people will remain highly skeptical due to all the shilly-shallying.

That's their problem. I go by what the doctor says.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:31 pm

That's as may be, but as members of the public you and I aren't privileged to be allowed access to the full details. If they want to produce a 'doctor', that's not hard to do. Inevitably people will be cynical.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:35 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:That's as may be, but as members of the public you and I aren't privileged to be allowed access to the full details. If they want to produce a 'doctor', that's not hard to do. Inevitably people will be cynical.

I doubt this is the doctor from the Simpsons.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:59 pm

Hibbard or Riviera?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 24 Mar 2011, 6:28 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Hibbard or Riviera?

Hello Everybody!!!!! Riviera

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:27 am

azaina- its hi everybody!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down