The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye vs Chisora

+29
JabMachineMK2
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
hampo17
The Galveston Giant
mystiroakey
bhb001
bellchees
Super D Boon
oxring
88Chris05
DaveVDK
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
steven24
Knowsit17
Imperial Ghosty
rycoys
Suspicious lurker
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
J.Benson II
tunes666
Mr Bounce
The genius of PBF
azania
manos de piedra
eirebilly
Adam D
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye vs Del Boy

Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap20%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 16 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap23%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 19 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap6%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap15%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 12 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap0%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap2%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap25%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 20 ]
[ 0 ]
Haye vs Chisora Vote_lcap1%Haye vs Chisora Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 81

Haye vs Chisora Empty Haye vs Chisora

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

I am sure we all know by know of the ugly scenes that occured post fight last night.

However, lets fast forward a few months and run a poll of what happens to these two next.

I have put up two polls here - the first option I want you to choose from is what the outcome is, should this fight ever happen.

The second poll is about what you think will happen (as in will the fight take place)

Over to you...

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Haye vs Chisora Empty Re: Haye vs Chisora

Post by eirebilly Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

I dont think that Chisora is a better boxer than Haye but i believe that he is a better fighter. I think that he would land one of those fierce swings and knock Haye out.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Fight wont happen due to Haye would be my guess.

Unless one of the brothers offers the winner a rematch then the incentive isnt really there for Haye.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

I thought Chisora showed he was big enough and aggressive enough to hold his own with the likes of a Klitschko (he just lacks experience and some boxing skills which hopefully he can work on). Haye seemed like a "lightweight" when he was in the ring with a Klitschko.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:50 am

Fight will happen but in Haye's first title defence after he beats Vit. Team K2 will take step aside money and Wlad will beat the winner.

When it does happen Chisora will win because he will have more experience, come in fitter and KO Haye. Haye is the better boxer but Chis is the better heavyweight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

Cant see Chisora knocking him out his power is limited...If Wladimir cant then Chisora wont.

Think Haye knocks him out late.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Cant see Chisora knocking him out his power is limited...If Wladimir cant then Chisora wont.

Think Haye knocks him out late.

Haye was too elusive for Wlad. Plus Wlad is ultra cautious. Chisora is in your face all nightlong. A nightmare for Haye. Plus Chis is sturdy, strong and I have doubts about Haye's ability to take a HW punch. More importantly I believe Haye himself has doubts about his ability to take a HW punch. Chis will hit him and hit him often.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

Where's the "I don't really care about Haye or Chisora anymore" option? Laugh

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Where's the "I don't really care about Haye or Chisora anymore" option? Laugh

That would be a lie whoever clicked on that option.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

Cant see Chisora taking Haye punches...Would be a exciting fight not sure this fight happens though.

Think Haye only wants the Klits

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Cant see Chisora taking Haye punches...Would be a exciting fight not sure this fight happens though.

Think Haye only wants the Klits

It will happen. It will be a huge pay day for both guys. An easy sell. Money dictates in this sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:23 am

If it does I still think Haye knocks him out.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

I think Chisora will win.

I think he could take some of Hayes power and will land on Haye. I think once the later rounds come in his weight will become an advantage and he will drag Haye down and the fight will be stopped.

Although there is always the chance Haye will just hit and run all night..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

Depends if Chisora can take Haye's power.
He'll win by UD if he can, lose by TKO if he can't.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:10 pm

Chisora hasn't been WOBBLED let alone taken out by any of vitali, fury or helenius.

These are all big guys and have power.

The only proper KO haye has is against a 40 year old Ruiz. He hit EPA a couple of times and never knocked him out and given Peter knocked wlad down I think haye power is overrated

Chisora will get him into a war, and haye doesn't have the physical strength to engage him. We also don't know how haye will react when he has to throw a lot of punches, he might gas, especially with Derek's body work. He pot shots whic won't be enough to keep him off

SD for chisora

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

Chisora has taken the best shots Helenius and Vitali has had to offer and haven't even so much as wobbled him let alone knock him over. They are 2 concussive punchers too.

Haye is more of a TKO heavyweight so I cant see him hurting Del Boy. Will be interesting to see if Haye has the stamina to cope with having to constantly work for 12 rounds with a little ball of energy in his face from the outset.

Its a good match up but Haye seems to think he is some sort of boxing royalty talking down to other contenders when he has done hardly anything at Heavyweight. Running from a giant to win the title and then defenses against 2 bums before getting disgraced.

The fact that Del Boy has lost 3 fights on the bounce is a shame that HW boxing gets you in a high position, but Derek has fought better in them 3 losses that most of the other heavyweights have fought in their 3 best wins haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Chisora hasn't been WOBBLED let alone taken out by any of vitali, fury or helenius.

These are all big guys and have power.

The only proper KO haye has is against a 40 year old Ruiz. He hit EPA a couple of times and never knocked him out and given Peter knocked wlad down I think haye power is overrated

Chisora will get him into a war, and haye doesn't have the physical strength to engage him. We also don't know how haye will react when he has to throw a lot of punches, he might gas, especially with Derek's body work. He pot shots whic won't be enough to keep him off

SD for chisora

He never properly KO'ed Ruiz, the fight was stopped because Ruiz was using his face as a shield. But I agree with everything else as seen in my above post.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

It will happen, thats what all that malark was about last night, its all a massive pantomime to build up interest in the fight.

If there was really that much in that stuff last night do you really think Frank Warren would be giving interviews on sky sports news this avo from a car park in stanstead airport?? No he would still be in Munich trying to get his boy out of custody.

I'd go split decision for Haye though
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:18 pm

how on earth does anyone think chisora has a chance of beating haye ? chisora lost to tyson fury !!! haye is different level to chisora , take away the wlad fight and there records are miles apart

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

rycoys wrote:how on earth does anyone think chisora has a chance of beating haye ? chisora lost to tyson fury !!! haye is different level to chisora , take away the wlad fight and there records are miles apart

First of all we are talking about Heavyweight boxing.

I don't think Haye has beaten anyone that Chisora could not.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

tunes666 wrote:
rycoys wrote:how on earth does anyone think chisora has a chance of beating haye ? chisora lost to tyson fury !!! haye is different level to chisora , take away the wlad fight and there records are miles apart

First of all we are talking about Heavyweight boxing.

I don't think Haye has beaten anyone that Chisora could not.

valuev,ruiz spring to mind !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Ruiz beats Chisora, good one

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Ironically I've voted Haye by KO if it were to happen but also that it won't happen because of Haye.

He doesn't have Vitali's overwhelming height and reach but he is faster and much, much fitter than a part-time bloated Chisora. Chisora is fearless, resilient and tough, good qualities to have but ones that will only get you so far at world level on their own. Overall I think Haye is the right kind of fighter to exploit Del Boy's flaws and take him.

I'm predicting Haye to hold out for a charity shot at the WBC strap, which would be disgraceful nonetheless. Both fighters have lost their last fight, both respectively world title shots, therefore they should earn another and what more logical way of earning than against each other.

It probably won't happen and it'll be a travesty.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

I honestly think Haye might have killed his chance for a Vitali fight. Even if hes cleared of any wrongdoing I doubt Vitali will entertain him after that. I think it went too far and Vitali wont want to be seen as handing him a free title shot on the back of that kind of press brawl. Maybe if Haye fights his way back i could happen but Id be surprised if Vitali gives him a free shot.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

When was the last time Vit "properly" stopped anyone?

Lets hear the excuses how he carries fighters because of TV and all that carp. Fact is that his punch power is not all that great.

Criticise Haye for not properly KOing anyone, the same applies to Vit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:56 pm

Money talks manos. After last night's charade, Haye will bring more money to the table as many now want to see him flat out.

Dont be fooled into thinking the K bros are somehow very honourable men. Thaty are far from it. Money is the bottom line.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 19 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

azania wrote:Money talks manos. After last night's charade, Haye will bring more money to the table as many now want to see him flat out.

Dont be fooled into thinking the K bros are somehow very honourable men. Thaty are far from it. Money is the bottom line.

What great money is Haye bringing? The Klitschkos have standard contracts with RTL which are renewed after so many fights. They dont have ppv. Haye used to have ppv which meant the Klitschkos could get a share of that extra revenue. He doesnt anymore. Hes just another challenger. And one with little credibility.

The Klitschkos market themselves as good, respectable guys. Thats the image (whether you think it real or manufactured) that sells for them and their fanbase. Before with Haye it was a case of a good guy teaching a bad guy a lesson. Its gone further than that now and Hayes reputation and actual perceived chance of winning has plummeted. Even assuming Haye suffers no repurcussions, I would not be surprised to see the Klitschkos just fed up with him and his antics and disassociate themselves with him. Unless Haye can show hes a significantly more attractive financial prospect then theres nothing for it. At the moment, without ppv backing, I dont think he can. Hes basically touting for a rematch based on the flimsiest and lowest common denominator tactics possible.

You think that incidents like yesterday were good for the sport. Thats your opinion. But you have to acknowledge that there are alot of people put off by it. Its not one way traffic. For every additional person that might be drawn to boxing as a result there is probably one who belives the sport is little more than organised thuggery now. Just look around the internet at many of the comments. There are alot that are pretty disgusted. Whether or not you agree with that isnt really the point. The point is that the view is out there and held by many. It generates headlines, but not good ones. So its impact is divisive and the image of the sport is harmed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 6:31 pm

Chisora by a stoppage around the 10th imo, Haye would start fast and has poor stamina imo, he would have to keep Chisora off and throw punches which he isn't capable of doing for a long period of time due to poor work-rate, Derek would catch up with him late imo. Interesting fight, especially for the british public. Come on Chisora, retire this media whore.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:42 pm

The fight won't happen because boxnation can't afford Haye. There is also no reason for Haye to fight someone who has lost 3 of his last 4.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm

Dont see why some people think Haye can stop him, Vitali couldnt and he hits alot harder then Haye does...

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:46 pm

I don't think he would Chsiora seem to have a very sound chin. He took some big shots off Fury, Helenius and Vitali and never really got wobbled.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Money talks manos. After last night's charade, Haye will bring more money to the table as many now want to see him flat out.

What great money is Haye bringing? The Klitschkos have standard contracts with RTL which are renewed after so many fights. They dont have ppv. Haye used to have ppv which meant the Klitschkos could get a share of that extra revenue. He doesnt anymore. Hes just another challenger. And one with little credibility.

The Klitschkos market themselves as good, respectable guys. Thats the image (whether you think it real or manufactured) that sells for them and their fanbase. Before with Haye it was a case of a good guy teaching a bad guy a lesson. Its gone further than that now and Hayes reputation and actual perceived chance of winning has plummeted. Even assuming Haye suffers no repurcussions, I would not be surprised to see the Klitschkos just fed up with him and his antics and disassociate themselves with him. Unless Haye can show hes a significantly more attractive financial prospect then theres nothing for it. At the moment, without ppv backing, I dont think he can. Hes basically touting for a rematch based on the flimsiest and lowest common denominator tactics possible.

You think that incidents like yesterday were good for the sport. Thats your opinion. But you have to acknowledge that there are alot of people put off by it. Its not one way traffic. For every additional person that might be drawn to boxing as a result there is probably one who belives the sport is little more than organised thuggery now. Just look around the internet at many of the comments. There are alot that are pretty disgusted. Whether or not you agree with that isnt really the point. The point is that the view is out there and held by many. It generates headlines, but not good ones. So its impact is divisive and the image of the sport is harmed.

The Ks control things. They want Haye. TV wants Haye with his antics. They will pay big to get the fight on.

I doubt anyone will be put off boxing because of that. Quite the opposite and mainly for the novelty value. We're now in the MTV generation where Jade Goody can make a mint for being stupid. Celebrity culture and all that. The gentlemanly era is a thing of the past. If organised thuggery like MMA can make a fortune, boxing with all its history will command more airwaves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I don't think he would Chsiora seem to have a very sound chin. He took some big shots off Fury, Helenius and Vitali and never really got wobbled.

No one is unstoppable.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:53 pm

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I don't think he would Chsiora seem to have a very sound chin. He took some big shots off Fury, Helenius and Vitali and never really got wobbled.

No one is unstoppable.

I wouldn't argue with that but I don't think Haye has the power to do it. I have no reason to believe he is a bigger puncher than any of those guys at heavyweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

I think a few people are getting carried away with Chisora in light of him performing better against Vitali then Haye did against Wladimir. He's not the mega puncher some seem to think he's all of a sudden metamorphosized in to, and nor is he going to outbox Haye, who has the much better fundamentals, more experince at the highest level and who probably has a better chin than we all thought a few years back.

Haye via decision would be my bet; we've seen that he can play the patience game and stick to a disciplined game plan, and I'd say that he has the edge on the power front, too. Chisora's chin is fast becoming one of the most impressive ones in the Heavyweight division, so little chance of a knockout either way I'd imagine, but I don't really see anything in his arsenal which Haye doesn't just have himself, and in fact I'd say that Haye has more of those things.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
azania wrote:

No one is unstoppable.

I wouldn't argue with that but I don't think Haye has the power to do it. I have no reason to believe he is a bigger puncher than any of those guys at heavyweight.

If Haye hits him right, he will go. Haye is different in that he hits with speed and its often the punches you dont see that has the adverse effect. Vit is more of a bludgeon type of puncher. Doesn't seperate the senses but stops you in your tracks.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I think a few people are getting carried away with Chisora in light of him performing better against Vitali then Haye did against Wladimir. He's not the mega puncher some seem to think he's all of a sudden metamorphosized in to, and nor is he going to outbox Haye, who has the much better fundamentals, more experince at the highest level and who probably has a better chin than we all thought a few years back.

Haye via decision would be my bet; we've seen that he can play the patience game and stick to a disciplined game plan, and I'd say that he has the edge on the power front, too. Chisora's chin is fast becoming one of the most impressive ones in the Heavyweight division, so little chance of a knockout either way I'd imagine, but I don't really see anything in his arsenal which Haye doesn't just have himself, and in fact I'd say that Haye has more of those things.

That is true, but Chisora's sheer workrate and punch output would be too much for haye. Plus the size differential. Haye is the better boxer but Chis is the better heavyweight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:02 pm

[quote="azania"]
88Chris05 wrote:Plus the size differential. Haye is the better boxer but Chis is the better heavyweight.

On what basis, Az? Chisora conspired to get himself outboxed by Fury - I don't think for a second that Haye would have let that happen. Haye, in fairness, made relative light of the physical disadvantages he faced against Valuev, so I don't think the thought of a 6'1.5" Heavyweight with a shorter reach than himself is going to have him quaking in his boots.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:05 pm

[quote="88Chris05"]
azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Plus the size differential. Haye is the better boxer but Chis is the better heavyweight.

On what basis, Az? Chisora conspired to get himself outboxed by Fury - I don't think for a second that Haye would have let that happen. Haye, in fairness, made relative light of the physical disadvantages he faced against Valuev, so I don't think the thought of a 6'1.5" Heavyweight with a shorter reach than himself is going to have him quaking in his boots.

Haye is not a physically strong boxer. Plus his punch output is relatively low. A strong pressure fighter like Chis is all wrong for him. Chis will rough him up, throw him out of his comfort zone and out muscle him. Skill will lose out in this fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:08 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

The Ks control things. They want Haye. TV wants Haye with his antics. They will pay big to get the fight on.

I doubt anyone will be put off boxing because of that. Quite the opposite and mainly for the novelty value. We're now in the MTV generation where Jade Goody can make a mint for being stupid. Celebrity culture and all that. The gentlemanly era is a thing of the past. If organised thuggery like MMA can make a fortune, boxing with all its history will command more airwaves.

Really? What's Haye's TV contract?

Its not Sky Sports PPV - they've been burned by boxing PPVs and aren't doing them for a while.

Setanta have folded. Primetime? Or will he have to crawl and beg Warren for forgiveness and plead for a go on boxnation?

He doesn't bring TV. He brings his mouth, he sells a fight - that's it - and it isn't enough. Unless he's bringing PPV - he isn't bringing the money. There's other people out there manoeuvring their way into title shot contention - Dimitrenko/Pulev/Helenius/Boytsov/Arreola - maybe even Povetkin - all of whom bring essentially the same amount of money for the Kbros now as Haye.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm

Am surprised that Chisora is edging it. Haye still has too much class for Chisora although as he throws so little perhaps Chis can win on points due to pressure and workrate.

It's funny with Del Boy. He sounds quite articulate when he puts his mind to it but he's clearly got only 5 cans when he should have 6.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:34 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

Thats your opinion on it, which is fine. I see where your coming from but I dont really agree. I dont think all publicity is neccessarily good publicity. Tiger Woods generated more headlines for his numerous affairs than he did for winning a major. He ended up losing millions in sponsorship because companies no longer wanted to be associated with that image.

Haye seems to think that the heavyweight world revolves around him. I dont think it does. And Im pretty sure the Klitschkos dont either. They have no need for the guy anymore. If Haye wants to get back into contention, Im all for it. A couple of wins (Chisora might be a good start now) and by all means. But as echoed by Lewis, let him be seen to earn the fight and let him try and convince skeptics like myslef that this isnt just going to be a one sided affair or payday excercise. I know you think Haye would beat Vitali but your in the minority on that one. I think its very possible after this that either Haye will be unable to renew his licence and even if he does that the Klitschkos will tell him where to go and not want to be seen accommodating to the whims of a perceived thug. Is the world really rushing to see Haye against Vitali or is this just Haye talking? I dont particularly think its the case and nothing has changed in the last 6 months to make me think Haye has a better chance of success.

You say you doubt people will be put off by boxing but just read the views held by many pundits, fighters and fans both passive and hardcore. You personally might be unaffected but I can assure you I have read a significant amount of opinions that hold the opposite view.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

I can't imagine most casual fans would tune in to see Haye now. He's relying heavily on VK signing a deal out of charity more than anything. After last night I think Vitali should pack it in.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:30 am

The fight probably won't happen but if it does I go with Haye by KO. I can see Chisora being knocked down or wobbled at some stage after half way and Haye just throwing punches until its stopped. Haye will probably start fast and do some damage like against Ruiz then only fight in bursts as the fight goes on allowing Chisora to pick up a few rounds on pure work rate. I don't think Chisora will do any damage to Haye but will win a few rounds on being more aggressive while Haye just evades and takes a breather. Chisora will walk straight into something big though and I don't think he has the survival skills to get out of trouble and in a British ring fights seem to get stopped a bit early when someone just lets punches go even most don't land.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

Thats your opinion on it, which is fine. I see where your coming from but I dont really agree. I dont think all publicity is neccessarily good publicity. Tiger Woods generated more headlines for his numerous affairs than he did for winning a major. He ended up losing millions in sponsorship because companies no longer wanted to be associated with that image.

Haye seems to think that the heavyweight world revolves around him. I dont think it does. And Im pretty sure the Klitschkos dont either. They have no need for the guy anymore. If Haye wants to get back into contention, Im all for it. A couple of wins (Chisora might be a good start now) and by all means. But as echoed by Lewis, let him be seen to earn the fight and let him try and convince skeptics like myslef that this isnt just going to be a one sided affair or payday excercise. I know you think Haye would beat Vitali but your in the minority on that one. I think its very possible after this that either Haye will be unable to renew his licence and even if he does that the Klitschkos will tell him where to go and not want to be seen accommodating to the whims of a perceived thug. Is the world really rushing to see Haye against Vitali or is this just Haye talking? I dont particularly think its the case and nothing has changed in the last 6 months to make me think Haye has a better chance of success.

You say you doubt people will be put off by boxing but just read the views held by many pundits, fighters and fans both passive and hardcore. You personally might be unaffected but I can assure you I have read a significant amount of opinions that hold the opposite view..

2 very different sports manos and with different characters. Golf has one style whereas boxing has a variety. Plus golf is a middle class sport which a poor kid from the streets will never be good at enough to turn pro. They attract a different audience with the majors being free to air.

After Tyson was released he had huge ppv figures. Mayorga is another. He is known not for his boxing but for his crazy antics. Of course its better if someone fights their way to the championship, but that doesn't always happen. Check Alvarez fighting SSM. SSM is there because of his name. Now because of this Chisora has a name (maybe not a licence but the money he will bring means he'ss get a licence).

Controversy sells. If I were an agent for either guy, I'd be rubbing my hands with glee at the opportunity given.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:17 am

To be fair to Az, he does come over as someone with all the right qualities/ attributes to be a boxing promoter.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:20 am

Adam D wrote:To be fair to Az, he does come over as someone with all the right qualities/ attributes to be a boxing promoter.

Hmmmmm!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:32 am

Not a chance that Haye takes this fight, but, if he did, the best he can hope for is a points decision. I disagree that he is fitter than the K bros as well. I think he struggles the more the fight goes on, especially if you have a pressure fighter in your face all the time pushing the pace. Chisora has a good chance at a late KO here. Haye knows it, so will not risk a fight with Vitali against it.

Also, where is the option that Chisora kills Haye outside the ring and then does a Lord Lucan?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:35 am

azania wrote:

You say you doubt people will be put off by boxing but just read the views held by many pundits, fighters and fans both passive and hardcore. You personally might be unaffected but I can assure you I have read a significant amount of opinions that hold the opposite view..

2 very different sports manos and with different characters. Golf has one style whereas boxing has a variety. Plus golf is a middle class sport which a poor kid from the streets will never be good at enough to turn pro. They attract a different audience with the majors being free to air.

After Tyson was released he had huge ppv figures. Mayorga is another. He is known not for his boxing but for his crazy antics. Of course its better if someone fights their way to the championship, but that doesn't always happen. Check Alvarez fighting SSM. SSM is there because of his name. Now because of this Chisora has a name (maybe not a licence but the money he will bring means he'ss get a licence).

Controversy sells. If I were an agent for either guy, I'd be rubbing my hands with glee at the opportunity given.

tigers antics cost golf money- it wasnt good publicity-his game suffered at the same time, that cost golf viewers and tiger money not just in sponsership but also prize funds! If tigers game was still up there it wouldnt have affected it at all- it may have made tiger even more money- people dont realise that all the 'tigers a cheat' press came out after he had fallen from grace somewhat- he has an injury and is possibly only just starting to recover- tiger is needed in golf, he brings extra viewers. i am a hardcore fan of golf so tiger isnt needed for me. just like many of you are hardcore fans of boxing and the big match ups arnt needed for you!

this little tangle over the weekend will get more fans back into boxing- not many but a few at the least- quailty fighters and match ups are needed for the longlevety of HW boxing

i wish majors were free to air- only the open and part of the masters is ! there are 4 majors, hardly any golf is free to air. Most golfers will also watch boxing and many hardcore boxing fans will also play golf- its not exculsive to classes at all! for sports to survive against competition from other sports - they have to bring audiences in from all backgrounds- and both sports do. However golf doesnt look like it will ever go anywhere- boxing is dieing in a big way!- it needs to get the passive fans in

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

azania wrote:

The point is while controversy may sell, its not automatically good for the sport. In any sport, unsavoury beahviour makes headlines. There are some sports I have little knowledge or interst in so I dont follow then, the only time I hear about them is invariably when there is "contoversy". I cant say that every time a cyclist gets done for cheating, a weight lifter caught for steriod abuse, a cricketer caught for match fixing, a footballer is charged for racism etc that I think wow thats great for the sport. It sells. People will tune in now. I think thats bad for the sport in question. You have to think about the image of the sport, not just whether a few more people have heard of Chisora and Haye with a good many of them thinking they are little more than common thugs.

Ive read so many comments all over the internet along the lines of "a further nail in the coffin of boxing", "I gave up on boxing long ago because of this kind of thing", "Proof that boxing is indeed the lowest common denominator", "An absolutely shameful event, boxing has lost all my respect" etc that Im sorry I just cant see this as some kind of universally positive thing. If it was the BBBC may aswell reward Haye and Chisora and the BBC nominate them as sports personalities of the year for special services to the sport.

I am not denying that controversy sells, nor that there are people out there that share your opinion. But Im highlighting the fact its not a universal one.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next