The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread

+33
Comfort
Breadvan
CurlyOsp
slartibartfast
Shifty
Glas a du
english warrior
WELL-PAST-IT
pontylad
Cowshot
munkian
majesticimperialman
BlueNote
doctor_grey
tazfalklands
Taffineastbourne
englandglory4ever
mckay1402
damngoodOvalball
mystiroakey
ChequeredJersey
bedfordwelsh
gregortree
Eclipse
hugehandoff
LordDowlais
eirebilly
Luckless Pedestrian
Triangulation
GavinDragon
miteyironpaw
andy powells minder
RubyGuby
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread

Post by RubyGuby Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Well lads, this is a variation on a theme as we all love our teams and our rugby. I just want to say that these are good times for welsh rugby whilst England have at least started to shake things up and are developing some decent foundations after most of the old guard have been discarded which is encouraging. Most on here see Wales as slight favourites but the game is at Twickenham and home advantage is a big factor in the 6 Nations so it remains a bit of a 50/50 - Let's have some positive banter on here as we all have to come back on Monday. For the welsh fans, win or lose these are still good times for welsh rugby and we are developing a young powerful side with some srength in depth. Likewise England a win would really be something under the circumstances and perhaps the danger then is getting carried away too much, but I'm sure you'd take the win all the same Very Happy . A defeat for England is certainly not a disaster as long as it is within reason and 3/5 in a brave new english world would be a plus IMO. Let's hope its a cracker and we can all come back on Monday and hurl abuse about or be brave and humble with our success or defeat. Kipling didn't just make cakes he also said you have to be aware of those 2 imposters. Enjoy it lads. thumbsup Hug

Last edited by RubyGuby on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:nah it was good but not better- not the same drama at the end

I was seeing the lack of controversy as a good ting mysti. The execution and ambition was better in the Scotland game. It's a very tidy looking Scotland team now, if they can just cut out the stupid errors and figure out what went wrong with the scrum they might cause Ireland headaches.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread

Post by emack2 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:57 am

I had forgotten that FRANCE still had to replay there Irish game,I congratulated Wales on a Triple Crown.
I commented on Englands best match to date,where`s the arrogance in that?Comments on possible 6Ns win between Wales and France was in response to comments on Planet Rugby.
OF COURSE England can win both matches and win the 6Ns the hardest perhaps matches to come.I`d love to see it also to see Lancaster given a longer run as Coach.Is that arrogance too?don`t do that only deal with realities!!

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:29 am

emack2 wrote:I had forgotten that FRANCE still had to replay there Irish game,I congratulated Wales on a Triple Crown.
I commented on Englands best match to date,where`s the arrogance in that?Comments on possible 6Ns win between Wales and France was in response to comments on Planet Rugby.
OF COURSE England can win both matches and win the 6Ns the hardest perhaps matches to come.I`d love to see it also to see Lancaster given a longer run as Coach.Is that arrogance too?don`t do that only deal with realities!!

Sheesh emack, twas a joke - a bit of fun is all. England V Wales Mutual Appreciation Thread - Page 5 3610695981
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:37 am

Comfort wrote:she doesnt hold the mic, she caresses the mic.
Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

It is interesting these days how a team can win a triple crown and another home union side can win the championship in the same year.

Never used to be like that did it?

Has it happened yet?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:31 am

miteyironpaw wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:nah it was good but not better- not the same drama at the end

I was seeing the lack of controversy as a good ting mysti. The execution and ambition was better in the Scotland game. It's a very tidy looking Scotland team now, if they can just cut out the stupid errors and figure out what went wrong with the scrum they might cause Ireland headaches.

i didnt go away feeling as if it was controversial. just very close and the fact that the ball wasnt proved to be grounded by fractions- proved how 50/50 it was.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:33 am

Ireland won the triple crown in 2006, but France won the six nations due to points difference.

They also won the triple crown in 2007, france won the six nations.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

That's Ireland for you Biltong - Keep hoping eh thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:41 am

Of all white people who ever bothered with Afros, the welsh were the second most convincing.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

Very Happy well, two of them anyway.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

Well, tensions are high as Wales roll towards an inevtiable grandslam, like a big inevitable thing looming in an an inevitable kind of way next to something.

Sounds like it might be time to resuscitate this thread and spread some love around.

So here goes:

I once employed a cleaner from Wales, and she had reasonably legible handwriting.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

Mitey please stop digging, your shovel is full enough
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:27 pm

Sorry biltong. Just trying to spread some love. Like in the good old days.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

Thanks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

biltongbek wrote:Mitey please stop digging, your shovel is full enough

Ahhh biltong finally looses his red pen virginity Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5