The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot....

+8
gallery play
sirfredperry
CaledonianCraig
Veejay
socal1976
hawkeye
noleisthebest
Tenez
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot.... - Page 2 Empty Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot....

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

..and also confirms he has been playing as well as ever at times.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/9/Dubai-Federer-Eyeing-Return-To-No-1.aspx

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot....

Post by socal1976 Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't know Nore Staat, you claim that everyone would be happy with faster conditions, I don't think that I would frankly. I think there are a lot people who would have a problem with speeding up the conditions significantly. I don't like that style of play. And outside of a few websites I don't hear a big demand that conditions be sped up. I think it would be a much more controversial decision than you are portraying that everyone would be ok with it, I think a lot of people wouldn't.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer confirms his belief in regaining the number 1 spot....

Post by Tenez Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Tenez wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Yep, that's a fair point from hawkeye. Nadal did speak up regarding the increasing toughness of the tennis season and offered a few solutions.

No. He offered solutions to suit his agenda. Not the rest of the players. That's exactly what annoyed most people here. His agenda may have suited Federer's too but Federer saw beyond it and thought about the game and the rest of the players.

Nadal is irritating.
It would have been a win win solution for Federer and the players. He could have said yes the tour is too demanding for the top players but we shouldn't shorten the season and reduce the number of mandatory tournaments because that would be unfair on the tournament organisers and the lower ranked players. The solution is therefore to get back towards the previous conditions of faster courts, which will shorten the matches, thus prolonging the careers of the top players, keeping the same opportunities for the lower ranked players, making the tournament organisers happy for keeping their tournaments mandatory, making the spectators happy etc etc. But no he didn't do that he said it's all fine, we should keep everything as it is. Now that's fair do s in my book. Case closed. New balls, Djokovic to serve.

There is even a simpler solution. PLay by the rules (20s and 25s) so that he cuts down on long rallies and ends up his matches with half the time it normally takes him. Once he spends half the time he does on court, I'll listen to him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I don't think there is anything wrong with having the self-belief to set such goals, however we all know that there is a difference between what one believes and what one does on the court to back up that belief. He finds himself in a position by where if Djokovic or Nadal are left standing between him and a Slam, then the latter would be heavily favoured for the end result. Whether Federer can achieve that with Masters titles would be a whole new discussion entirely.

May just interpose to say that belief and confidence are two very different things. Belief, you're born with. It never leaves you. Confidence comes and goes.

What do you think Nole has noleisthebest? What do you think Federer has? I bet I can guess what you think Nadal has.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

hawkeye wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I don't think there is anything wrong with having the self-belief to set such goals, however we all know that there is a difference between what one believes and what one does on the court to back up that belief. He finds himself in a position by where if Djokovic or Nadal are left standing between him and a Slam, then the latter would be heavily favoured for the end result. Whether Federer can achieve that with Masters titles would be a whole new discussion entirely.

May just interpose to say that belief and confidence are two very different things. Belief, you're born with. It never leaves you. Confidence comes and goes.

What do you think Nole has noleisthebest? What do you think Federer has? I bet I can guess what you think Nadal has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bJxYRtGUM4&feature=related

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Great answer noleisthebest Laugh

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh! Does that mean your too shy to say?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2