The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns.

+20
stlowe
doctor_grey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
mystiroakey
thebluesmancometh
MrsP
adambarney
robshaw4england
majesticimperialman
eirebilly
B91212
miteyironpaw
bedfordwelsh
Triangulation
nobbled
Glas a du
RubyGuby
glamorganalun
Portnoy
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns. - Page 2 Empty Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns.

Post by Portnoy Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

No link yet* - just reported on R5.

Despite the freakish stripping for the losing try, I see Lawes as a great loss to the English collective.

*http: http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2012/rugby/story/160420.html

Last edited by Portnoy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns.

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Glas,
For Lancaster Deacon and Lawes were, then Palmer was third choice, then Botha, then Parling.
As its panned out hes decided Botha is great and Parling > Palmer. Lawes got the bench spot because he hadnt been training/playing with the squad coming back form injury.

As for the Croft risk...thats no different to any position. What if Webber and Hartley got injured? The bench is only so big.
What Im saying is if your best combo is as uninspring as those two is the 6th choice player in that position really going to be worth calling up when they havent had time to learn the senior sides lineouts yet?

I know the internet loves Garvey, I guess we will find out how much Lancaster does too.

So what you are saying is yes, the cupboard really is that bare.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh dear! Looks like Lawes is out for the rest of the 6Ns.

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 am

Yeah if only we had a thug like Bradley Davies to call on :p

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:30 am

Laugh

You'd love it!

Very Happy

(he'd be suspended anyway)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am

Is Shaw fit?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 am

Might I just say that this seems to me to be a very primitive discussion going on here. Why aren't you considering the respective attributes - strengths and weaknesses of the second row and indeed back 5 pack options at Lancaster's disposal?

Garvey and Parling for me would be an ideal - balanced pairing. Garvey fulfilling the pile driver role, maul killer, maul driver, ruck clearing, scrum weighting pile driver role (also makes 95% of his tackles) Parling running the lineout and putting himself about the field in open play possibly in slightly wider channels than Mr Garvey.

The next time England play I'm going to keep a Croftwatch because I don’t feel that I'm fully up to speed on his contribution to our cause.

He is not visible in the way that he was for the Lions as an auxilliary centre/effective second wave ball carrier and IF he is not doing all that inglorious spade work to a high level of accuracy and quality (that he doesn’t look built for) then I say axe him the moment we get Wood back in form.

I know he is great at lineout but is that enough on it's own? I'm happy to stand corrected because at his best he is quality.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Right, humour me here: is Garvey the lad who plays for Irish?

Never caught my eye, to be frank, but that doesn't mean much Smile! Just how good is he? He's untested at the top level, that's for sure, so he'd have to have been seriously dominating the AP to be assumed ready to leapfrog Palmer.

...and he would be leapfrogging Palmer - PSW, "crawling cap-in-hand"??! Steady on mate! It's the real world of international selection, and Palmer's been dealt bigger blows in the past. It wouldn't be a case of cap-in-hand at all, it'd be a case of calling him up and him raring to go!

Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Glas a du wrote:Laugh

You'd love it!

Very Happy

(he'd be suspended anyway)

Oh wait I forgot about the philaterist Attwood

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2