The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday?

+34
KiaRose
Pot Noodle Miner
majesticimperialman
doctor_grey
Pot Hale
slartibartfast
HERSH
wolfball
munkian
mckay1402
thebluesmancometh
Rava
Feckless Rogue
Welshmushroom
whocares
kiakahaaotearoa
geoff998rugby
Mickado
dublin_dave
Rory_Gallagher
Gibson
The Great Aukster
eirebilly
SecretFly
Submachine
Triangulation
rodders
RubyGuby
aitchw
Notch
Chunky Norwich
Thomond
Glas a du
Cowshot
38 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday? - Page 5 Empty The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday?

Post by Cowshot Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:41 am

First topic message reminder :

At least I think it's Sunday. I thought it had been rescheduled for the 3rd but the BBC says the 4th.

My heart says both teams have been misfiring and it's a very even game. My head says the Irish have been trying hard but not quite making it work whereas the French have done just enough to win and they'll up their game again to win this one.

If the French DO win, it's definitely squeaky bum time for the Welsh! laughing

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday? - Page 5 Empty Re: The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday?

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

Keep

Calm

Trust

Tommy

He's going to score today...

Wink Leprechaun guinness

Cari

Back to top Go down

The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday? - Page 5 Empty Re: The French and the Irish - who is going to win on Sunday?

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

So better teams cant be beaten, they can only foul things up? Thats a rather odd way of looking at things.

Anyway, i guess that France will foul it up because Ireland will come home with the points.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

Cari wrote:Keep

Calm

Trust

Tommy

He's going to score today...

Wink Leprechaun guinness

kiss
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

Good aft all. Nice day for a win.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

eirebilly wrote:So better teams cant be beaten, they can only foul things up? Thats a rather odd way of looking at things.

Anyway, i guess that France will foul it up because Ireland will come home with the points.

That's very touchy, are you from Ulster? Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

Gibson wrote:Good aft all. Nice day for a win the French to foul it up.

Fixed that for you Gibbo as per Glas's perception of how it will go Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

Nah, we have to win it. They wont give it away. They must be pressured into it. Kia's post said it all well.

Have to say, I totally agree with Franno here.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/irish-news/neil-francis-predictable-ireland-must-take-risks-to-have-chance-3038978.html

"What would you expect from a nation who exercised more of its national will fighting Disney and the Big Mac than they did the Nazis? If Ireland express themselves and take a chance they have a chance".

Laugh

Gowan Franno ya boy ya!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Glas a du wrote:Because the French will force you into poor kicks and hit you on the break, keeping the ball away from contact and your back row, if they can be bothered of course. You can't win, but they can lose.

Don't agree. That's a fairly worthless, empty comment. Not like you Glas.

The fact is France didn't mess anything up in 2009 in Dublin. In fact they played really well. Ireland just played their best game of the year and won it well.

Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Yeah he is bang on there Gibbo.

I think that Ireland have to really take it to France from the off. I alway feel that the key to beating France is to attack them from the off, they then generally go into their shell. Scotland did it last week and really should have see them off.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:40 pm

Gibson wrote:Nah, we have to win it. They wont give it away. They must be pressured into it. Kia's post said it all well.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/irish-news/neil-francis-predictable-ireland-must-take-risks-to-have-chance-3038978.html

"What would you expect from a nation who exercised more of its national will fighting Disney and the Big Mac than they did the Nazis? If Ireland express themselves and take a chance they have a chance".

Laugh

Gowan Franno ya boy ya!

This coming from franno who was the biggest coward to ever where an Irish shirt. For his sheer size he was a lazy joke who used get bullied by every lock he played against and always remember topsey from wales landing a punch on him and he went running to ref Smile He used drive me insane with his lazy and weak mentality.

RANT OVER Smile

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

Is anyone setting up a match thread? Or will we just use this one?

I was going to set up an inspirational When Two Tri-colours Go To War.. or summat. But feic it, too late now.

BELIEVE!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:43 pm

flynnnio wrote:
Gibson wrote:Nah, we have to win it. They wont give it away. They must be pressured into it. Kia's post said it all well.

Laugh

Gowan Franno ya boy ya!

This coming from franno who was the biggest coward to ever where an Irish shirt. For his sheer size he was a lazy joke who used get bullied by every lock he played against and always remember topsey from wales landing a punch on him and he went running to ref Smile He used drive me insane with his lazy and weak mentality.

RANT OVER Smile

He was a lazy basterd Flyn and no doubt. But he's spot on with his view on this one, imo. Playing the Deccie Way, wont work. We have to throw em a few curve-balls. And keep hauld of the ball.

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

Probably just going to stay with this thread Gibbo.

I cant wait, i honestly see Ireland winning today Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

eirebilly wrote:Probably just going to stay with this thread Gibbo.

I cant wait, i honestly see Ireland winning today Very Happy

You and me both Billy. We both expect a win. Only way mijn vriend.

Ireland by 5.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

Don't agree. That's a fairly worthless, empty comment. Not like you Glas.

The fact is France didn't mess anything up in 2009 in Dublin. In fact they played really well. Ireland just played their best game of the year and won it well.

All the Ulstermen in today.

Dublin is different, you're playing in Paris today thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

You read my mind mate, i have Ireland by 5 as well OK

Leprechaun
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:50 pm

Ireland by 5 points or less 6/1. mmmm interesting.

ya franno is a clown but he is right but a bit hypocritical cos in his day he would of been the last man to count on to do what he has demanded Smile

where u watchin it in the Dam gibbo? blarney stone?

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:53 pm

I dont know the Blarney Stone. Is that the Irish pub just behind the dam?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

Afternoon folks...getting excited now, I reckon Billy's got it sussed...Ireland by 5 (at least).....bring it on! boxing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

Gibson wrote:

Ireland by 5.

Yeah and that extra five will be scored by Tommy who's better than Shaggy raspberry Wink Very Happy

Gibbo I keep wanting to scoff your burfday present....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

flynnnio wrote:Ireland by 5 points or less 6/1. mmmm interesting.

ya franno is a clown but he is right but a bit hypocritical cos in his day he would of been the last man to count on to do what he has demanded Smile

where u watchin it in the Dam gibbo? blarney stone?

I always watch France v Ireland games at home Flynn. Im sure I dont have to explain why. If I did watch it in a Pub, it would be in Cocos Outback.

Will get out for the England game on Paddys Day for sure. Just before my birthday and Ireland always win for me.

Up for it Billy? Over 20 Irish Pubs in the Dam to be visited. Well, maybe a select 4 or 5.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

not sure its still open. you come out of central and cross over and turn right by thomas cook building. full of runaways from cork and dublin with funny names like the penguin etc Smile my ex used work there few yrs back in my wild days. durty nellys for my behaved days Wink

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Yep, i am up for it Gibbo. I will be in Amsterdam that weekend anyways Smile

You could have come up to mine today Gibbo, i totally forgot to ask you.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

if wolves win shorlty i will pick up my winnings and get 2nd half of ireland match in irish pub down road in n london. but ifthen again like you gibbo is match is looking dodgy i will stay put

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

I think that i know which one you mean flynn. I cant say that i have ever been there though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:00 pm

if any of ye ex pats are on facebook pm me. have a little ex pat club going Smile

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

Laugh

Its true Flynn. I used have a nickname there. You had to earn it. And in the Scotia Bar(ex Bar Corrupt) on Centuurbaan. Now changed hands. All human life was there. From millionaires & laborors to street-singers/buskers and street-hostesses. I loved it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

Billy are you about in the Dam when I'm there? That's the week after Paddy's?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

Hoi Cari pal. Yeah Tommy to score again today. And dont eat me handmade Welsh chocolate! Hug coffee cake

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Sure i will be in Amsterdam that weekend as well Cari. Defo meet up for a pint or two Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

I'm trying to gvie up choc for Lent anyway Gibbo... Also got some for Mrs G. AND IT'S NOT YOURS! Very Happy

Gawd this roundball is boring...hurry up boys. Put the proper sport on!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

eirebilly wrote:Sure i will be in Amsterdam that weekend as well Cari. Defo meet up for a pint or two Very Happy

Cool! I don't drink, but there's nothing stopping you lot having a pint or several.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

Nice one Cari Very Happy

Gibbo, is there parking at yours?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:10 pm

eirebilly wrote:Nice one Cari Very Happy

Gibbo, is there parking at yours?

Plenty Billy. And it's only 15 mins on the tram to Central.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Nice to read Ryan Jones comments on twitter and i quote "No matter who wins it won't change our mind set in the camp and what we want".

So hardly squeaky bum time for the Welsh cowshot.

By the way i think France will win this by less than 6 points difference

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:12 pm

Great, i have a friend that lives by the Mercato Plein (de Baarsjes) and i hate leaving my car there as it costs about 3euros per hour and gets scratched everytime without fail.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:17 pm

done eirebilly. now for bottle opener to be found as nerves are seriously kicking in Sad

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:19 pm

Don't panic Flynnio....belieeeeeeeeeve!

Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

meds and alcohol kickin in so attitude is changing Smile

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

Good man flynn OK

got the nerves thing happening here as well but in a good way Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:37 pm

I'm getting excited...I can't wait to see T. heart

Thank feck for that...the roundball's finished. It was dull.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:38 pm

Match time soon...hard to go past a comfortablw win for france given irelands record there. The french back 3 are pretty special and they can sniff another title. Good luck ireland. Just think france will have deeper pockets for this one.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

Feckless Rogue, Eirebilly, your boys are making me look rather silly at the mo. France are poor, but due to your cheating pressure Very Happy

thumbsup

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

The irony in that comment Glas.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

Oops. Was meant to post earlier...
Looks like that couldbe wrong.
Go ireland!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

Murray off Reddan on. Fancy Ireland to up it a little now.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5