The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

+34
Dontheman
Morgannwg
nganboy
thomh
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
wonder_man
Pal Joey
RubyGuby
PJHolybloke
Liam
miteyironpaw
Cymroglan
slartibartfast
english warrior
rodders
ChequeredJersey
Full Credit
wales606
EnglishReign
Biltong
Feckless Rogue
HammerofThunor
majesticimperialman
doctornickolas
Cari
Shifty
Seagultaf
BigTrevsbigmac
eirebilly
maestegmafia
SecretFly
Taylorman
Pot Noodle Miner
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 4 Empty can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

How good is this Welsh side really? it will be interesting to see if this Welsh side can live up to its hype and put Italy to bed and then finally beat a top 4 nation when we play France as we havnt managed to beat a top 4 side for a while now despite looking capable of it, it all seems to go to waste as we fluff our chances against the worlds best, i can't wait to see what happens against Italy and i hope Wales don't hold back otherwise it could be close we must give 110% and play it as a final rather than a Sunday friendly, it would be amazing to see this Welsh side further improve on their performances against Italy and France and then we could look forward to trying to make history and beating the wallabies on their own patch.

Just hope the boys stay composed and seize their moments as it can be so easy to be too caught up in all the hype at the moment especially for such a young side. Interesting and exciting times, can't wait for it all to unfold!
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 4 Empty Re: can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by english warrior Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:54 am

The Welsh team are decent, but come on not a top 5 team in their fans greatest dreams. One thing i have to say about the Welsh support is that through famine and feast( well 4th in World cup) they think that there are only 2 top teams on this planet, namely the AB's which is true, and then by some absolute leap of faith, Wales!!

The same Wales who finished 4th last year in 6 nations and the same Wales who finished 4th by losing to all the decent sides in the last WC.

Now as one of my fellow posters from England said, 'We (England) had something to Boast about' which is true, but wales haven't beat SH opposition home and away yet, unlike the World cup winning England side of 01-03 and until they do they will remain a gust of 'Hot air'!! I thank you!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 4 Empty Re: can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:00 am

english warrior wrote:The Welsh team are decent, but come on not a top 5 team in their fans greatest dreams. One thing i have to say about the Welsh support is that through famine and feast( well 4th in World cup) they think that there are only 2 top teams on this planet, namely the AB's which is true, and then by some absolute leap of faith, Wales!!

The same Wales who finished 4th last year in 6 nations and the same Wales who finished 4th by losing to all the decent sides in the last WC.

Now as one of my fellow posters from England said, 'We (England) had something to Boast about' which is true, but wales haven't beat SH opposition home and away yet, unlike the World cup winning England side of 01-03 and until they do they will remain a gust of 'Hot air'!! I thank you!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo I just love the pain these guys must be going through - these posts are hilarious - keep 'em coming please, its making my day, week, month - Good luck v France I think a defeat by 10 or less will be another moral victory Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:00 am

nganboy wrote:What if Argentina win a game or two this year in the new quadrangle? Could they get up to number 4. Just imagine that if Wales Slammed the 6 Nations but still ended up 5th. Wouldn't that just smart.

If we all chip in a fiver can you bribe the players to make that happen? It would be HILARIOUS.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
nganboy wrote:What if Argentina win a game or two this year in the new quadrangle? Could they get up to number 4. Just imagine that if Wales Slammed the 6 Nations but still ended up 5th. Wouldn't that just smart.

If we all chip in a fiver can you bribe the players to make that happen? It would be HILARIOUS.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo And they continue to feed me - Keep 'em coming lads - feed me till I want no more Yahoo Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:35 am

I guess we'd never get the chips of your shoulder eh Ruby

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:39 am

Ah Ruby- You make my point about Welsh fans being out of touch with reality far more elequently than i could ever Do! thumbsup

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Out of touch with reality - you sound like one of my psychotic patients - Ingerrrrrrland, Swing Low boys, swing low, can you swing any lower - Please keep posting, its like a surge of serotonin every time I read your stuff, its hilarious, I can't believe the bitterness - More please MORE!!!! Yahoo Hug Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:53 am

Ruby, you seriously crack me up Laugh

OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:55 am

I've got 2 english fans on here talking about being out of touch with reality - Its fecking hilarious, are they on a parallell universe somewhere or perhaps Surrey Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:00 am

I lost my touch with reality years ago. I find it much more fun inventing your own reality as you cruise through life Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

eirebilly wrote:I lost my touch with reality years ago. I find it much more fun inventing your own reality as you cruise through life Wink

Would that have been just after Phillips try and the throw in fiasco - That was just unreal eh! thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

I think youre seeing double ruby, theres only one of him.

Although judging by your ranthings he may have a point, have you ever seen Shutter Island?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

I'm seing Triple mate not double - Crown that one Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

RubyGuby wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I lost my touch with reality years ago. I find it much more fun inventing your own reality as you cruise through life Wink

Would that have been just after Phillips try and the throw in fiasco - That was just unreal eh! thumbsup

What throw in try? No recollection of that Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:33 am

RubyGuby wrote:I'm seing Triple mate not double - Crown that one Yahoo

The tripple crow?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

Nice one Bily

Peter - you are getting desperate - don't try and keep up with me in the funny stakes as it's akin to your rugby team trying to hang on to Wales, you've got no hope and Bob hope but there's always Farrell Yahoo thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:37 am

Tumbleweed

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

The English should have tought their players to get themselves into dangerous tip tackle positions at the slightest touch, ala the Welsh... Penalties, yellow cards and an inevitable win Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

That's Jonathan Tumbleweed the new England centre just passing you above - look there he goes again Tumbleweed

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

eirebilly wrote:The English should have tought their players to get themselves into dangerous tip tackle positions at the slightest touch, ala the Welsh... Penalties, yellow cards and an inevitable win Wink

They're too busy pixxing on church steps Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:43 am

RubyGuby wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The English should have tought their players to get themselves into dangerous tip tackle positions at the slightest touch, ala the Welsh... Penalties, yellow cards and an inevitable win Wink

They're too busy pixxing on church steps Yahoo

laughing clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

Typical of Welsh arrogance at the moment to not have spotted that one! Great call nganboy.

Argentina have proven tough opposition at home for NZ and Australia. South Africa have a much better record.

NZ have not won convincing in Argentina for over a decade and rarely visit. In fact the aggregate score is just 131-100 removing the record 36-6 win from long time past.

Australia have only a 50% win rate on tests played in Argentina.

Perhaps this hands the advantage to South Africa in terms of establishing themselves in the #1 spot, if the historical trend continues? Argentina may take points from NZ and Aus, and South Africa take them from Argentina?

miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

The ranking are sufficiently close that it is perfectly possible for any of the top 8 nations to be in the top 4 come WC group deciding time.

Loads of rugby to go yet.

Yes Wales can make the top 4 but so can Argentina, Ireland and England.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

Just a quick thought but wont Ireland pick up some good rankings points for drawing with higher ranked team than them in France?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

I dont give a monkeys uncle if we make the top 4, 2 or 8 - The key is that we have an exciting young developing powerful side which is great to watch. We weren't ranked at the last RWC but should have got to the final - The rankings for the RWC wreak of desperation - Like I've said before the real key is to avoid Samoa thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

RubyGuby wrote:I dont give a monkeys uncle if we make the top 4, 2 or 8 - The key is that we have an exciting young developing powerful side which is great to watch. We weren't ranked at the last RWC but should have got to the final - The rankings for the RWC wreak of desperation - Like I've said before the real key is to avoid Samoa Keep diving for tip tackles and hiring ball boys to give you the wrong ball thumbsup

Fixed that for you Ruby, free of charge Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

You left out the part about giving tins of welsh cakes to the refs families before each game - Steve Walsh loves 'em thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

Steve Welsh is cheap isnt he Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

Lawrence is even cheaper... he does it for free! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

eirebilly wrote:Steve Welsh is cheap isnt he Wink

If 3 tins of welsh cakes a caravan in Porthcawl and a packet of welsh sherbet lemons is considered cheap then yes you're right he's cheap. But good fecking value when you look at it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:20 am

RubyGuby wrote:...We weren't ranked at the last RWC but should have got to the final - T...

Why? I thought you lost after your captain was sent off for a piece of foul play that he even admitted was worthy of a red?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

Thats the excitement of Wales, you never now how they are going to blow a game they shouldve won and how they are going to cheat to win a game they shouldve lost.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

RubyGuby wrote:

If 3 tins of welsh cakes a caravan in Porthcawl and a packet of welsh sherbet lemons is considered cheap then yes you're right he's cheap. But good fecking value when you look at it thumbsup

I am going to have to raise enough money for a few bottles of Whiskey and a dozen packets of Tayto crisps for when he refs Ireland next Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:39 am

Linebreaker wrote:Lawrence is even cheaper... he does it for free! Smile
now that is just a low blow. raspberry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

We sent Rollaind the Lava bread instead of the welsh cakes and of course you can see what he thought of them - Bad move thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

eirebilly wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:

I am going to have to raise enough money for a few bottles of Whiskey and a dozen packets of Tayto crisps for when he refs Ireland next Wink

you'd be wasting good money buying him whisky, a bottle of spirits will do. thumbsup Or even a tube of glue. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

At least Derek Bevan held out for a gold watch Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

Kiwi as a Mod theres a reference to glue above, can you have a word with the poster unless he means that Walsh is using it to put his pctures of North and Warburton up on his wall thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

Biltong, while you are here (mate Hug) how about bringing an iron fist down on this continual Welsh wumming?

I mean, "can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?" surely this is just a trolling thread created by someone pretending to be Welsh to provoke ridicule at genuine Welsh posters? I think you should pull the entire thing to restore sanity and harmony to the board? agree?

p.s. Just ordering that framing work done now. Do you want the gold or platinum frame?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

No can do bud, I mod the cricket section.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

Really? Shocked furious mad steam

miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Sort out that Demon Racer lad then rather than mucking about in here

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

Mighty - the welsh on here are just responding to the anglo wums - get those facts right Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

Stop trolling Ruby! You're making it worse.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Its what I do best, I just bring calmness and reason to all the threads when they are going a little dissarray - it's my role according to the mods thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:37 pm

I thought your role was as comic relief Ruby? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

The Welsh Lenny Henry

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

Ah but can he also sing like Max Boyce?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:55 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ah but can he also sing like Max Boyce?

Thank god NO but in all honesty Billy Max lives 2 streets from me in Glynneath - I'm now in Cornwall but al family still back there - true rugby legend is Max who still lives right next door to the rugby pitch - he used to train with us as well in the 80's thumbsup

Lenny Henry tomato Call me names, shame me and embarass me, hang me from the rafters and ridicule my team but please don't refer to me as Lenny Henry rose

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next