The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

+34
Dontheman
Morgannwg
nganboy
thomh
A World Cup and 3 Finals
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
wonder_man
Pal Joey
RubyGuby
PJHolybloke
Liam
miteyironpaw
Cymroglan
slartibartfast
english warrior
rodders
ChequeredJersey
Full Credit
wales606
EnglishReign
Biltong
Feckless Rogue
HammerofThunor
majesticimperialman
doctornickolas
Cari
Shifty
Seagultaf
BigTrevsbigmac
eirebilly
maestegmafia
SecretFly
Taylorman
Pot Noodle Miner
38 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 5 Empty can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

How good is this Welsh side really? it will be interesting to see if this Welsh side can live up to its hype and put Italy to bed and then finally beat a top 4 nation when we play France as we havnt managed to beat a top 4 side for a while now despite looking capable of it, it all seems to go to waste as we fluff our chances against the worlds best, i can't wait to see what happens against Italy and i hope Wales don't hold back otherwise it could be close we must give 110% and play it as a final rather than a Sunday friendly, it would be amazing to see this Welsh side further improve on their performances against Italy and France and then we could look forward to trying to make history and beating the wallabies on their own patch.

Just hope the boys stay composed and seize their moments as it can be so easy to be too caught up in all the hype at the moment especially for such a young side. Interesting and exciting times, can't wait for it all to unfold!
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 5 Empty Re: can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:11 pm

Leave ruby alone. Wales have just beaten a scratch England team with the help of a Scottish TMO - let him enjoy it for a bit. It was after all, a big day in Welsh rugby history. They may even make 4th place and then it really will be time to get out the bunting in the valleys. "4th best", ooh it would sound so sweet eh ruby?

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4? - Page 5 Empty Re: can this Wales side break into the worlds top 4?

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Leave ruby alone. Wales have just beaten a scratch England team with the help of a Scottish TMO - let him enjoy it for a bit. It was after all, a big day in Welsh rugby history. They may even make 4th place and then it really will be time to get out the bunting in the valleys. "4th best", ooh it would sound so sweet eh ruby?
Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo More please - Feed me Feed me thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:04 pm

Yes congratulations Ruby! fourth in the world is within your grasp again. Wales have been 4th twice before unless I'm mistaken. Both times it only lasted a week and both times Wales quickly fell back to 8th within 6 months.

Better luck this time thumbsup (if you make it there, that is)
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Yes congratulations Ruby! fourth in the world is within your grasp again. Wales have been 4th twice before unless I'm mistaken. Both times it only lasted a week and both times Wales quickly fell back to 8th within 6 months.

Better luck this time thumbsup (if you make it there, that is)

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:11 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Leave ruby alone. Wales have just beaten a scratch England team with the help of a Scottish TMO - let him enjoy it for a bit. It was after all, a big day in Welsh rugby history. They may even make 4th place and then it really will be time to get out the bunting in the valleys. "4th best", ooh it would sound so sweet eh ruby?

The poor excuses are boring now. Two tries in three games, including fixtures against Scotland and Italy. laughing

As for 4th best, well that will be England. Wales will be getting 1st best (in the 6 Nations Smile ).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

Seriously guys, it's going to hurt when you land.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

It is not simply a question of whether a team is good enough - it depnds also on how well and consistantly the other teams above them play.
France are predictably unpredictable for example - could beat the AB's then lose to England...
If Wales play their best rugby, I don't doubt they can't be right up there. If they can do it consistantly remains to be seen. Guess we'll know better after they take on France in 6N.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

mitey, we are just trying to discuss our rugby team and plans for how we can improve more than we already have in the future. You and a few others are convincing yourselves of gloating posts that aren't there. Keep it up though, I hear they like to banish the fools from V2, so probably just a couple more weeks of your existence.

Two tries in three.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

I want what ruby is on. Just don't want the head ache in the morning.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Earl Grey mate and I've just completed a 14 page legal report since 9 am and got a thread pulled by a right wing Mod - All in a days work thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:25 pm

Morgannwg wrote:mitey, we are just trying to discuss our rugby team and plans for how we can improve more than we already have in the future. You and a few others are convincing yourselves of gloating posts that aren't there. Keep it up though, I hear they like to banish the fools from V2, so probably just a couple more weeks of your existence.

Two tries in three.

C'mon get serious. We've got guys here claiming that George North is the messiah and Warburton outclasses McCaw, Pocock, Brusouw and Dusautoir. Jamie Roberts is the greatest center the world has seen and Priestland will eclipse Jonny Wilkinson and Dan Carter put together. Not gloating? Are you serious? It's like some kind of rusty wire that was holding the cork on ludicrous Welsh optimism has given way, and suddenly it's blow out day at bi-polar anonymous.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm

Is there such a thing as a right wing Mod?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sU7XPiqn5dI/Sbwcf9ruCJI/AAAAAAAAAjo/ek3iYORtuTY/s400/mods.jpg

They is workin' class, no?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:31 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:mitey, we are just trying to discuss our rugby team and plans for how we can improve more than we already have in the future. You and a few others are convincing yourselves of gloating posts that aren't there. Keep it up though, I hear they like to banish the fools from V2, so probably just a couple more weeks of your existence.

Two tries in three.

C'mon get serious. We've got guys here claiming that George North is the messiah and Warburton outclasses McCaw, Pocock, Brusouw and Dusautoir. Jamie Roberts is the greatest center the world has seen and Priestland will eclipse Jonny Wilkinson and Dan Carter put together. Not gloating? Are you serious? It's like some kind of rusty wire that was holding the cork on ludicrous Welsh optimism has given way, and suddenly it's blow out day at bi-polar anonymous.

Nobody has written such a thing, so again 'tis what you are convinced you are seeing, something that isn't there. Have you seen a movie called The Machinist?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:34 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:

Two tries in three.

Nobody has written such a thing, so again 'tis what you are convinced you are seeing, something that isn't there. Have you seen a movie called The Machinist?

Actually the only place where I have read comments anything like what MIP is claiming is in the English press, certainl not welsh posters.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:34 pm

Check the "Sam Wants" thread. It's full of exactly that.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

Ahh, it would'nt be a day on the V2 without mitey having a go at the Welsh Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:52 pm

The fact is is that Wales have got some really good players at the moment, Roberts, North, Warburton, Jenkins and several over-hyped players as well. The same can be said for France, England and Ireland and any 4 of these teams could be at 4th in the next few months. The question is, can any of us upset the trinations, bring in more true class to their sides and take one of the top 3 spots? I have my opinion and I'm sure that ruby and his ilk have their unbiased opinion as well.........I wonder what that could be.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

Two tries in three.

BTW Morg, since 2000 Wales have only scored more tries than England twice in the 6N. England total 188, Wales 123. It would appear that Wales are the ones who can't cross the try line and puts tp myth that England don't score tries. England have played by far the most attacking rugby in the NH in the last 11 years.

Bit early to start carping don't you think???

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ahh, it would'nt be a day on the V2 without mitey having a go at the Welsh Wink

I'm firm but fair Billy, I like to think. They'll thank me when it all goes wrong and they're only the 14 yards off the ground. I will of course be there to cushion the fall. Remind them of the good times, and the glory days. When fourth place on the IRB ladder was within their sights. When they'd secured a rare win at Twickenham. When they'd just edged out Ireland. When they'd pipped Scotland. When the referees were still calling in their favour. Those times. When they were still looking forward to the trip to Australia with excitement, like children the night before chirstmas. The christmas when the house caught fire, burning all the presents, from a carelessly tossed cigarette butt, discarded after their Mum and Dad got divorced over Christmas breakfast when it came out that Dad was gay and having an affair with the guy who put up the bunting. And then Aunty Eustice had a heart attack when she heard the news, and then the ambulence skidded on the ice on the way to A&E and evereyone spent the night in traction. Yes, I'll be here to remind them, that next year is another year and in Wales hope always lives on, as it has since 1970 when they last had a decent team, or 1342 when they last beat a SH team. That's what defines them, that great respectable capacity to hope. thumbsup

Last edited by miteyironpaw on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

Isn't it two finals seeing as the 'world cup' includes a final anyway?

I have no idea why you are digging up irrelevant posts from the past. Stats and tries for clearly show England are the least attack minded team in this 6 Nations. Were you aware that you have only scored two tries in three games?

Last edited by Morgannwg on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time?? *team)
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

Nevermind what Ruby's on, I'm having what he's having king

Last edited by A World Cup and 3 Finals on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Isn't it two finals seeing as the 'world cup' includes a final anyway? Technically correct but I prefer my slant on it Very Happy

I have no idea why you are digging up irrelevant posts from the past. Stats and tries for clearly show England are the least attack minded time in this 6 Nations. Were you aware that you have only scored two tries in three games?
England have played 3 games with a brand new team - give us a chance. The stats show that England score tries for fun so it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:21 pm

Ireland is the most 'attack' orientated side in the Six Nations based on the try scoring stat: with nine tries from three games

................. and that is a heck of a mystery because we Irish are complaining about two things this season - no attacking game and no attack coach!

Figure it out Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

Is the Irish attack plans built on an intercept strategy perhaps? A bit like Peter Cook's football manager strategy of putting all 11 players in the goal and hoping for rebounds.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 06 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:Is the Irish attack plans built on an intercept strategy perhaps? A bit like Peter Cook's football manager strategy of putting all 11 players in the goal and hoping for rebounds.

Beats the hell out of chargedowns Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

Too true Billy, too true.

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:27 pm

'Is it a Bird, is it a plane,'

or is it a Flying Welsh piglet drunk, on the B.S served up on these Boards by Welsh fans, so one eyed that they make Long john Silver seem like he's got perfect eyesight! thumbsup

Oh dear, dear me, England have a win to loss ratio of 3-1 against these World cup winners in waiting, over last 22 years, and are the current 6 nations champs, and still the B.S. flows about how good Wales are.

Look out for that landing! Very Happy

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Nice english warrior, very nice! laughing

Surely you must get bored of this sometimes though?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

Morganweg 'Surely you must get bored of this sometimes though?

Eh, what? Morganweg, how can i ever tire of hearing what a World class, unbeatable, team Wales are, its honestly like music to my ears as i actually am jealous, and secretly would love a team as good as the one the 'Principality' has at the moment.

No, i just love all the drivel and B.S. that comes out of the most optimistic fans in the world, so in answer to your question, no, i can never get bored of hearing just how good to awesome that Wales are!! Long may it continue , untill that is, you play a top 4 team, and then Oh dear!! laughing

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:44 pm

I guess that clears that one up then.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 9:48 pm

If, if this Wales squad keeps it momentum and wins this years 6N, and then go on and beat the big 3 SH teams home and away more often than not over the next couple of seasons, then I don't see why not. A bit of reality check please. Wales have only won 3 on the trot mind. Looking good about it tho.... Smile
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:55 am

Yes breadvan, exactly.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:00 am

If this keeps up, they'll be five years at number 1 and this blasted post will still be going strong, wondering if they ever make it to the Top 4...like.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5