The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+7
stnick88
dammit_chris
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 2 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 2 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 2 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

Just watching Leicester v Gloucester. Tigers smashing them up front, really taking the scrum to bits in awful conditions. Youngs & Flood on fire and totally dictating play. Floods tactical kicking awsome.

Youngs box kicking superbly, I can't believe I'm watching the same player from England duty.

Really like the look of Tigers new TH & Kitchener having best game in Leicester jersey.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

Interestingly that's the Gloucester scrum that in predos in the other game this week some people said would take apart my Chiefs scrum, who the week before had dominated the Leicester scrum.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

Impossible to judge scrums by anything other than who they go against directly.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm

Can't really judge like that Pete. Unless going directly up against opposition you can never call.

Seem Bath get dismantled by Worcester then get on top against Saints who have one of the best in the NH.

Great break from Youngs for his try but never a score. Took about 3 extra movements!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm

Kitchener and Skivington both had good games v Glos I thought.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

Saw that one as well Pooly. Some shocking tries being given so far this year.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

Was awful Steve but the break deserved something I suppose. Skivs was pretty good, was a good pack performance.

Not been impressed with Kitchener but he was excellent.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

Awesome - just been setting up a project with the City of London and was being given a tour of their Guild Hall and what function do they have on at the time 'RBS Legends of the 6Nations' - was a who's who of rugby greats, gutted when they kicked me out, sure I saw Greenwood, Healy, Moore, Dallagio, Hill and loads more!

Thing I would say about Youngs and Flood is that when they play for Tigers 11 out of 10 times their pack puts them on the front foot and they get an armchair ride in the AP. I've noticed that Youngs game can change very quickly when his pack dont get him good ball, his decision making goes and his passing becomes erratic. But at the same time, I still think Youngs could be the best no9 in world rugby within 12months, this bad patch will do him the world of good.

Will be interesting to see how Flood responds to being sent back to Tigers - I don't see him getting ahead of Farrell anytime soon, been very impressed with him! Telegraph were saying that Flood couldnt have got injured at a worse time for himself, as Lancaster rates Hodgson very highly and Flood is now his third choice.

Personally I'm not sure that Hodgson should be ahead of Flood, as he isnt the best option from the bench, as just covers one position - but at the same time I'm not a Flood fan either, as he seems to lack the mental toughness to be a top international. Farrell is going to become a very important player for us I think!

Now just need Ashton and Foden to find some attacking spark in time for the weekend and we'll be good to go!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

I'm not sure it's a case of Flood being 3rd choice it's just Lancaster is very faithful. Hodgson has done nothing wrong so derserves to be back in, I just hope it doesn't mean Farrell moving back to centre at any point as he offers little from there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

I would probably put money on Farrell ending up as England's long-term no12 - as George Ford will be our no10, he's the best youngster I think I have ever seen play and shifted Farrell to the no12 spot for England u20s at the last JWC.

Farrell will never be a big running no12, but game management and kicking game from there would be very good to have, but this all depends upon who your 10 and 13 are - was never going to make an impact there with Hodgson and Barritt

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

Yea I'd probably blame Hodgson & Barritt for Farrell offering little at 12 too, makes perfect sense.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

But a backline is all about combinations, getting the right balance and getting people to bring the best out of each other. Farrell's been our most important back at 10 or 12 as he's the guy who has got all but 10 of our points, he's the best communicator in the backline too - he's actually a very good no12, have seen him there a lot, but he wont work well there playing between Hodgson and Barritt because (i) Hodgson and him have very similar passing games and just ship the ball on and (ii) Barritt isn't capable of getting over a gainline like Tuilagi can.

His kicking and tactical game is very good from no12 - just isnt a gainline breaker, or a runner.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

Or in fact a good centre.....

I don't really want to have this discussion as you have your opinions and I have mine which obviously differ. I just don't see an international future for Farrell in the centres. If Farrell wasn't coaching I doubt he'd have ever played there tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:29 pm

Note to self Matt.....don't play May at FB in the wet.

Jesus he had a stinker.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:31 pm

Thorn signs for Leinster

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7577396,00.html

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

for me farrell is not a 12.
when you have tuilagie, may, trinder, 12t, joseph, daly coming through, let farrell and ford compete for 10.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:55 pm

nick can definitely see why people wouldnt see Farrell as a 12 and I would htink exactly the same thing if i based my opinion of him on his performances for England when he played there, also a fair few Sarries games too.

But saw a lot of his rugby when he was coming through the age groups, think Ive watched games he's played in since he was 16 (Sarries v good at letting people in to watch their games) and he played almost all his games at 12 there and was exceptional - a lot of former centres still refer to him as a 12 playing 10. Like the look of the young Exeter 10 coming through (Slade) reckon he could be a challenger in a few years

My concern for England is that we havent got any stand out 12's coming through - I think our best option is Twelvetrees, but can't help think he isnt quite going to make it, Hope I am wrong and his move to Gloucester works for him, but with him going it means Ryan Mills wont get as many games and I think he's our best young no12 going - Wasps also have a youngster caled Mitchel Tamiau who is very good, but got injured 15mins into his debut for London Welsh.

I can't see Tuilagi being moved to 12 as he'll become the most dangerous 13 in the game in a few years - have wondered if they could convert JJ, seems to have a very good rugby brain and pass - but havent seen enough of him.

Really rate Elliot Daly, very similar to May - not as dangerous but I think he has a better all round game

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

Pooly he had a stinker as I said but thing is with may and sharples etc is they learn quickly.

He was not helped by playing with 2 wings he was
Not used to. Jsd and sharples would have helped him out.

Voyce and Phillips abdicated responsibility. It's also the reason why I still think may needs a year before playing int.

He is actually tidy under high ball generally but lacks experience. On a dry day no better player in prem but at Leicester in the worst glos side we could put out against best team in league then why play him. Furious at team brush played. He basically said we have no chance so don't compete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

Barnes said other day mills has something special. He
May be a ten 12 or 15. Very talented. Glos like Australia in producing players that can play all over backline.mills is very clever and has a rugby brain unlike most modern players

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

Agree Matt do him no harm, Voyce was awful.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Day before game on here I was saying would be a slaughter and after said may horror show. Young uns
Need to learn. Especially when they play many positions. May played equal amounts wing centre fb this year pretty much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:56 pm

Love May, got a huge future. Not too sure that FB is his position though. Would like to see him getting some game time on the wing with the Saxons. Don't see the point having Monye & Banners playing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

Think 12,14,15 is position. Like 12 as he is good distributing and in confined spaces but with gas and awareness like his 15 is maybe his most dangerous position. Bad kicks get returned for tries

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

In the ideal we world we have Joseph, May, Tuilagi and Daly in the outside backs somehow.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm

Problem with us we seem to get a glut in one position.

JJ, Daley, Lowe, May all look potential class 13's

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

The thing is each of those guys could play in another position easily but not best for clubs. JJ great on wing as are May and Daly and Lowe looks made for 12 for me.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

I'm not sure Steve. Don't think JJ looks like a winger or Lowe a 12 tbh....not Int class anyway

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm

For
Me may will not be 13 think that is jj's. May has distribution skills and decision Making skills so 12 or 15 for me. Wasted on Wing unless played jsd way. Jsd in great form so creative and playing all across park. Great at 1st and 2nd receiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:22 pm

What's wrong with Joseph on the wing?? Lowe is something I've liked since I first saw him there but nothing wrong with JJ on wing.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:25 pm

I like Lowe and am a fan but he is generally 13 for quins Jth and casson play 12.

The quins academy lad walker I have looks tasty 13 also.

8 is the missing position as is 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

Jj out and out 13 has that break and traffic skills. May has the break and balance but jj looks so natural there. For me
Jj will be 13 for long time and tuilagi 12

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

it certainly looks as though the production lines that Andrew and co put in place are starting to work - I know Andrew has a heck of a lot of critics, but you can't fault the work he's done in changing the youth set up for English rugby since 2009/2010 - made some big changes.

The Championship has proved excellent in helping teams blood the youngsters too - Sarries are loaning players left right and centre to 2-3 Championship teams, Wasps send a load to London Welsh too.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

Jj wasted on Wing as is may. We need some carriers at 12 and Maybe 1 wing to balance moving forward.

Jj so much like guscott who despite being bath was an all time
Great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:30 pm

I believe Ashton more responsible and SCW than Andrew Chris.

Ashton a true great and youth pioneer. Andrew a total yes man to RFU

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

i wnat to see more of JJ as hear a lot of good things about him - but am sure he is the same age as Tuilagi and I'd have Tuilagi a long way ahead of him, as he's just a freak of nature - JJ I am sure has better skills, technique etc, but will one of them end up moving to 12?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm

JJ is no winger, never plays there for Irish these days. Can do a job but if you don't play there for your club how do you rate there?!?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:46 pm

Tuilagi as a 12 for me interests defenders get out ball for 10 and
Fixes 10,12 Channel creating space. Also
Allows for bosh ball and runners around corner off 9.

Tuilagi miles ahead but for me
Will be a 12 as we
Have so many 13s. However we also have mills etc. nobody knows but we have talent galore the main thing is not to waste it

Mallet and Lancaster joint faves on betting. Mallet every day for me.

We need some talent in 8,5 and 1 to emerge as after Morgan 8 bare. Who is long term 5 and corbs etc for me will
Not be wc despite impressing. Have George,gray Hartley etc challenging 2 lt. Cole, thomas, harden, pdj 3. Lawes attwood Kitchener 4.
6 croft,wood,robshaw 7 saull, robshaw, Wallace

Mullan has chance 1 also

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:49 pm

Addison Lockley at Exeter is a talent and a half Matt and his big thing is lineouts
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:49 pm

Corbs development is being stunted by having to play alongside a shoite tighthead every week for Irish.

I do however think he is doing well for England and if stuck with will go on to be a very very good international prop.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

Corbs been great for England until jones killed him but it
Will do him good.

I forgot about Marler at 1 who
Will
Be the best of
Best

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

i think lahiff could overtake corbs in the next 2 years.

jj is decent on the wing but his ability to make the outside break makes him ideal for 13.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

Would not count out Savage of glos
Making it. To take up rugby a few
Years ago and now be first choice
6 at glos is unreal. For
Me will be a 4/6. Alberts played a bit of 4 in wc for Sa
And can see him playing there this year with no proper answer.

Thorn a great Leinster signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

All young props need a good stuffing to aid development. No shame getting bested by Jones, for my money the best tighthead in the world.

Interestingly when we played the Ospreys in the Heino last season Corbs outscrummaged Jones before Jones went off injured.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:57 pm

Lahiff physically is a monster, much like Marler, but his scrummaging technique needs a massive amount of work.

His body position at times is awful, he needs to get a lot lower and not just try to rely on strength as although he is powerful, he is never going to just push a big tighthead back due to the position he gets himself into.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:00 pm

Marler
Starting to
Get there
And by next year will be there. Cole
Got 2 years of humiliation and is now not far off Castro mas bracket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:01 pm

Jones mas Castro all together for me. Franks just in behind and improving all
Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:06 pm

I'd personally have Mas with Franks behind Castro & Jones at the scrum. Jones & Mas offer little in the loose though whilst Franks and Castro great

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:11 pm

Lahiff is a freak. Was about 2m away from him whilst warming up at Falcons and just couldn't believe the Size of his legs. He clocked me stating and must have thought I was a mincer

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

His calfs are absolutely enormous. He is seriously mobile as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

Think Lahiff could be world class......huge call but he's an animal

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next