The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JMDP is back!!

4 posters

Go down

JMDP is back!! Empty JMDP is back!!

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 am

I hate to see talent wiped out by injury, especially at the tender age of 20 or 21. But thankfully it seems that one of the biggest talents on tour is back. To be fair to Robin he hadn't played well in the early rounds and he didn't look too good. However Juan Martin showed everyone what it is about his game that is so exciting. Yes he hits the tar out of the ball, probably has the hardest forehand in the history of the game. But at 6 foot 6 he moves so well for a guy of that size, having grown up on argentinian clay. Fish his next round opponent was also extremely impressive in his win against Gasquet, but Del Po is playing exceptional tennis and should get the better of Mardy, and hopefully set up an intriguing semi with Novak Djokovic. (Who by the way looked extremely impressive in bagelling James blake in the second set and keeping the streak alive.)

If Juan makes it all the way back we could be looking at a big 4 of Rafa, Nole, Roger, and JMDP. Personally, I think it would be great for the game, it would be like the late 80s where anyone of 4 or 5 guys could go in an legitimately win any given slam. If this is a sign of the end of the Fedal duopoly I am all for it. Not that I have anything against those two great champions, but it is kind of dull if two guys simply win everything.

We should be thankful that such a talent was not done in by injury, thankfully we can look forward to some more 110 mph forehands from JMDP in the future.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

JMDP is back!! Empty Re: JMDP is back!!

Post by Solerina Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 am

Yes......well done Del Potro.......I've just been reading about it HERE

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

Thanks for the article, it was a pretty good recap of the days events. Soderling looked awful, I think he was sick or carrying a knock. But Juan did play really well and I can't see him going out before a juicy semifinal encounter with djokovic. As a Djoko fan I see him going all the way to the final against Nadal and winning it. But Del Po will definetly provide a tough match on current form, assuming they both win out of course.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am

Del Potro's got the on form Mardy Fish next... I think that one could be tricky.....

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 am

titn, definetly could be tricky, for one thing Fish is playing on home soil and his fitness and movement is the best I have ever seen. He is player who has always had the talent but kind of lacked in the determination to get his body where it had to be. By the way I think the new wifey has something to do with it. Wow, talking about incredible, I would certainly hit the gym and refrain from the cheeseburgers and beer for her. (Ok maybe not the beer)

Back to tennis, I think JMDP does have a tricky matchup, but he just has that little bit of extra pop on his forehand that should get him through this tricky encounter. And I think Del Po returns well enough where he can get Fish's second serve. Fish served poorly against Gasquet but Richard was just too inept playing clay court tennis from 3 yards behind the baseline to take advantage. He serves like he did against Gazza versus Juan and it will be over in straights.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 am

socal1976 wrote: Wow, talking about incredible, I would certainly hit the gym and refrain from the cheeseburgers and beer for her. (Ok maybe not the beer)

laughing

I agree that del Potro will probably make it though, and he should have enough to overcome Ferrer or Almagro, too.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:11 am

Yes, but you are quite right at the fourth round of the master's you can't take anyone for granted, the guys that are left at this tournament on their day can trouble or beat anyone else. But I agree with you that Del Po has a lot more firepower than Ferrer or Almagro. Almagro has some weapons but is most comfortable on clay, and Ferrer makes you work for everything that you get.

And as for the beautiful Mrs. Fish, lets hope Mardy keeps doing well in tournaments so that we can see more of her. Come on Mardy do it for Stacy and the rest of her fans.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I agree that del Potro will probably make it though, and he should have enough to overcome Ferrer or Almagro, too. .
---------------

I agree about Nico.. but for me the jury is out for David.. his tenacity is second to none and when playing well he can cause a lot of problems. David never gives up and I think he will make Delpo work very hard.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Haddie, David is certainly tough no question, he is almost automatic for the quarters and semis of big events. But I think he just lacks that little bit of firepower and I like JMDP's form.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Socal.. JDP is looking good no doubt about it... but David is such a fighter that he will not roll over for him.. no matter how many times he gets beaten by a player (just look at the h2h against Rafa) he always believes "this time I can do it" Delpo needs to serve well (and yes he is most likely to be the victor)however David will put pressure on him to do so. He is like Rafa in so much as "It aint over till the fat lady sings" which is what I love about him... he deserves so much more for his efforts. Vamos to both Ok!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes, David won't role over, and he can use his exceptional movement and fantastic returning to trouble JMDP, but I just thing Juan has too much firepower for him. If players more gifted than David had half his heart, work ethic and mentality they would be really dangerous. The best thing you can say about Ferrer is that he gets the absolute most out of the talent he has been given. He is not very big for the modern era and lacks the big serve and power that is needed to win the biggest of tournaments.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm

It was an excellent victory for Juan Martin and shows that he is capable of competing with and winning against top ten opposition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree with you socal.. as I say there is not much of him to the pound... but what he has he uses. On a more amusing note he always looks like he has a train to catch...he is never still even when he waits to receive serve... a real character ... Should be an interesting match however

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down