The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League news

+11
Steel
aucklandlaurie
The_Enigma
davidl1061
drsambo1928
Pal Joey
sherlock123
George Hotel1895
dublfcynwa
Luke
Kenny
15 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 21 Empty Rugby League news

Post by Kenny Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Gareth Ellis has said he will make a decision on which team he will join before the end of March , his agent has said they have had offers from several clubs but have narrowed it down to 4 teams ...while he did not mention which clubs they were they are believed to be Leeds , Hull FC , Huddersfield and Warrington .

Catalan Dragons have denied Hull KR permission to train on the Stade Gilbert Brutus pitch before saturdays Superleague game , rules state it is the home teams choice if they allow visiting teams to use their pitches or not . Catalans have told Rovers to train elsewhere which hasn't gone down well with them , odd decision from the Dragons as they usually allow all visiting teams to use their facilities .

Ryan Bailey has been given a 3 match ban and a £300 fine for pushing a match official during Leeds Rhinos game against Warrington Wolves , Brent Webb was also fined £300 and given a verbal warning for the same offence in the same incident . Warringtons Mickey Higham received a 2 match ban for a high tackle on Rob Burrow in the same game .

Bradfords Jarrod Sammut was given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle against Hull KR , Hull FC prop Mark O'Melley was also given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle in Hulls game against St Helens .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 21 Empty Re: Rugby League news

Post by The Beast Wed 24 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

Hull KR;

release coach Chris Chester with immediate effect. It was a bad result on Sunday but I suspect the post match interview may have influenced this, he did sound very brow beaten. Perhaps a break and a new club will help, any thoughts on who will be next Tiger? McNamara has been mentioned in the media.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 25 Feb 2016, 7:04 am

The Beast wrote:Hull KR;

release coach Chris Chester with immediate effect.  It was a bad result on Sunday but I suspect the post match interview may have influenced this, he did sound very brow beaten.  Perhaps a break and a new club will help, any thoughts on who will be next Tiger?  McNamara has been mentioned in the media.

Disappointing, but not suprising. We've not played well for 2 games in a row since he's been in charge, defence has been a problem that's he's failed to address. The non performance at Wembley and the fact we were in the middle 8's (we're we gonna be again this season). also counted against him.
Though he has had a terrible injury list, he had improved some performance's (it was enjoyable to watch again), and bought some good players to the club.
I wish him well.

As for who I'd like next.
Personally would like Morrison or Rowley to be given a chance, don't want McNamara (more because of his style of rugby he plays), but think it will be him or an Aussie.
Wonder how much of a role peacock had in thís?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:06 pm

The Beast wrote:Marwan Koukash says he is working with the RFL to clear Salford of alleged salary cap breaches rumoured to be in connection with the signing and subsequent legal case involving Tony Puletua.

Given this was 2014 - 2015 IF it is shown to be a breach not sure what the RFL could do, too late to deduct points.

The RFL have announced that Salford have been charged with alleged breaches of the salary cap in 2014 and 2015. Media outlets are suggesting that IFfound guilty (at this stage I think it is only fair to assume not) they could be deducted up to 20 points this season. I wonder if any potential punishment would be for the regular season or potentially affect the top or middle 8's, uummmm?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 05 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

James Webster is appointed as interim Head Coach at Hull KR until the end of the season. Seems odd they didn't go with Willie Poching, thoughts Tiger? As you previously mentioned would be interested to know what (if any) influence Jamie Peacock is having on these decisions.

The chairman has said they have a big name for next year however he is not currently available. Rumours of McNamara are not going away.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 06 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm

Joe Burgess makes his debut for Sydney Roosters and scores 2 tries, but the Roosters still lose to South Sydney Rabbitohs.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 06 Mar 2016, 8:05 pm

The Beast wrote:James Webster is appointed as interim Head Coach at Hull KR until the end of the season.  Seems odd they didn't go with Willie Poching, thoughts Tiger?  As you previously mentioned would be interested to know what (if any) influence Jamie Peacock is having on these decisions.

The chairman has said they have a big name for next year however he is not currently available.  Rumours of McNamara are not going away.

I agree, if we are going with an interim coach for ťhe rest of ťhe season, I cannot for the life of me see why you wouldn't stick with Poaching. He knows the players.

I don't agree with this approach, which I believe can only have a negative impact on ťhe club, especially with regards player contracts & recruitment. And it sort of seems that we're writing this season off, which can be negative.
And what if Webster does well, wins ťhe cup and guides us into the top 8 (unlikely I know), were then going to replace him. The whole thing just seems strange to me.

It does mean we look like we're going for an Australian (I have heard that it's actually Furner North Queensland's assistant coach). But wonder if it could be a head coach, and that's why we are waiting till next year.
And though I could be wrong wouldn't McNamara be available straight away? Which is why I don't think it's him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 09 Mar 2016, 1:33 am

At this stage my money would be on Steve McNamara being your coach for the start of next season.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 16 Mar 2016, 3:37 pm

Wakefield announce Chris Chester as new head coach and John Kear as Head of Rugby for 2017.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

The Beast wrote:Wakefield announce Chris Chester as new head coach and John Kear as Head of Rugby for 2017.
Good luck to him. I thought he got a raw deal at HKR.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

Bradford;

Head coach Jimmy Lowes leaves the club for personal reasons. After the Sheffield result I thought he would go the following day so I am slightly surprised at the timing. I am really not sure where it wrong, started the season reasonably well then just.........seemed to suddenly fall away.

Good luck for the future Jimmy, whatever has happened of late he will always be highly regarded by Bulls supporters.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 20 Apr 2016, 1:46 am

The Beast wrote:Bradford;

Head coach Jimmy Lowes leaves the club for personal reasons.  After the Sheffield result I thought he would go the following day so I am slightly surprised at the timing.  I am really not sure where it wrong, started the season reasonably well then just.........seemed to suddenly fall away.  

Good luck for the future Jimmy, whatever has happened of late he will always be highly regarded by Bulls supporters.
I think he will always be highly regarded by the Bulls fans for his playing skills not his coaching skills

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 20 Apr 2016, 10:47 am

The Beast wrote:Bradford;.

Head coach Jimmy Lowes leaves the club for personal reasons.  After the Sheffield result I thought he would go the following day so I am slightly surprised at the timing.  I am really not sure where it wrong, started the season reasonably well then just.........seemed to suddenly fall away.  

Not surprised by this, but it does make the decision to let Diskin join Batley stranger.

Who do you think you're gonna get Beast, especially as I think there's a great chance for a championship side in the middle 8's
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Apr 2016, 10:12 am

I was going to say hearing currently contracted coaches names mentioned seems a bit arrogant however Glenn Morrison (bookies favourite) is reported as saying it would be silly not to consider the post going on to comment that he thought some of the current issues would be easy to fix. In fairness the 17 (yes seventeen) handling errors v Halifax is not difficult to pinpoint. Unusually to me at least Lowes has been assisting the coaching staff all week, his last day is tomorrow (Workington).

In answer to GH's comment I think you are mostly correct but notwithstanding that Bradford have been awful of late the fans understand and appreciate he left a good and possibly better paid job at Yorkshire Carnegie RU as he desperatley wanted success at Bradford. He was arguably 1 missed penalty and 1 minute away from guiding the club back in SL in last years' million pound game.

With the exception of Leigh who basically have a SL squad I cannot see much threat to anyone's SL status, taking nothing away from Oldham but I see the KR result as one in a hundred.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21