The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Ireland match discussion thread

+34
yappysnap
gowales
Hound_of_Harrow
Taffineastbourne
lostinwales
SimonofSurrey
Taylorman
Cowshot
alcoombe
Notch
Sgt_Pooly
The Great Aukster
GunsGerms
EnglishReign
glamorganalun
Portnoy
LuvSports!
ultra
niwatts
Gibson
Hood83
Rava
trebellbobaggins
Pal Joey
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Shifty
mystiroakey
eirebilly
Biltong
nobbled
Duty281
Pot Hale
nathan
Adam D
38 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

England vs Ireland match discussion thread - Page 6 Empty England vs Ireland match discussion thread

Post by Adam D Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last game of this years 6 Nations.

Discuss it here.

Last edited by Adam D on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

England vs Ireland match discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: England vs Ireland match discussion thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:56 pm

oh my did we actually get a motm then!! about time to, i didnt think it was fashionable!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

England vs Ireland match discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: England vs Ireland match discussion thread

Post by lostinwales Sun 18 Mar 2012, 12:32 am

And I hate the comparisons game but with Farrell it is starting to be penalty in opposition half = automatic 3 points. The 'zombie stare' is also a lot more fun than the old 'clasping hands while having problems going to the toilet' pose

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 18 Mar 2012, 1:47 am

Many of Ireland's players looked disinterested in that game. It was almost like they wanted to be back at their Provinces for the HC quarters.

That was a very good win for England, and a solid platform to build on. I think most of us want to see more creativity from the backs. Flood must come back in; Farrell is not a good distributor and his kicking from hand is often aimless.

Dan Cole is my England man of the 6N.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 18 Mar 2012, 7:52 am

lostinwales wrote:And I hate the comparisons game but with Farrell it is starting to be penalty in opposition half = automatic 3 points. The 'zombie stare' is also a lot more fun than the old 'clasping hands while having problems going to the toilet' pose

Laugh that made me laugh

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:32 am

Graham Rowntree was my MoM

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

Can't agree on Flood returning. He just never gives the direction and solidity that Farrel is giving. Personally i think Farrel played spot on for the conditions there but the France game showed he can move the ball. Flood is very too likely to drop his head when it's tough and it lets us down.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sun 18 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

So ends a far better 6 nations than i could have hoped for, and for that i'm truly ecstatic, but don't tell me that this Wales team is the real deal, or deserves a 3rd GS in 8 years, because they are just not that good.

Just shows how bad England and France are to allow this to happen. Lots of positives from the Competition, for England and Lancaster is a major plus!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:46 am

Jaysus, i have just read through this again. My god i was on one Wink so apologies if i offended anyone OK

All in all, England dominated in all areas of the match. SL totally out thought Kidney and deserves all the plaudits. Its been a while since i have seen an English team put an Irish team under so much pressure that their game disintegrates. Excellent stuff from England. It wasnt a case of Ireland playing badly, it was a case of England forcing Ireland to play badly by dominating them so much.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

Cheers Billy. It was something we'vnot seen in a very long time. I was most impressed with them. Really hope SL stays.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

No probs trebbs OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

It's weird, we hardly ever beat Ireland but when we do it tends to be spanking (although really that's only a trend of 2 Sad, 2008 and 2012)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

We keep tonking each other of late. Since 03 it all seems rather intense.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:15 pm

So does that mean Ireland will thrash England 36-3 next year?

At least that's one game out of the way then on Feb 10.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:47 am

Pot Hale wrote:So does that mean Ireland will thrash England 36-3 next year?

At least that's one game out of the way then on Feb 10.

Depends if Declan Kidney is still in charge Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

A belated congratulations to England from me guinness .

Very painful viewing from an Ireland perspective. England were better at every single aspect of the game and absolutely beasted us at the the scrum and breakdown. England have really grown since last year and a lot of positives for them.

Ireland were a shambles in the second half and a good pasting has been on the cards for a long time. Its been a very disappointing tournament.

Roll on the HEC.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

Bollox. England are mediocre at best.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

Gibson wrote:Bollox. England are mediocre at best.

Hmm well I'll let others debate that Gibson....I'm more concerned about the state we're in right now. Regardless of how good England are they gave us a right pasting.

On this 6N both Wales and England are better than us, thats for sure. We have been well off the pace.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

ok yep we are considering the heights we have reached- so what are ireland?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

Medi-evil? Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

One of the best efforts i have seen Wink. view would be proud of you Gibbo Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

Maybe Cari got hold of his laptop.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

You mean after spiking his drinks yesterday?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 24 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

He doesnt need anyone to spike his drinks! He's capable of doing that himself.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

Laugh I believe you Rava. I was impressed to hear about your epic session with him the other week.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 24 Mar 2012, 11:04 pm

He's like a good whiskEy. Creeps up on you.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:12 am

I'd be in intensive care after a night out with you two.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:14 am

Can't wait mate. Reckon you could hold your own though Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:17 am

The adrenalin would get me across the line... I'd hope! Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

eirebilly wrote:

One of the best efforts i have seen Wink. view would be proud of you Gibbo Very Happy

That Guanayan poteen is some pish-taking stuff.

Nah, really meant to say England are a great young team in development, but de drink wouldnt let me... OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 2:15 pm

"Nah, really meant to say England are a great young team in development, but de drink wouldnt let me... England vs Ireland match discussion thread - Page 6 3610695981" England vs Ireland match discussion thread - Page 6 EmptyI should feckin' think so Gibbo. Wink
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 25 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

Gibson wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

That Guanayan poteen is some pish-taking stuff.

Nah, really meant to say England are a great young team in development, but de drink wouldnt let me... OK

That will knock you on you arsh Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

This is superb analysis

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0324/1224313818427.html

written by Emmett Bryne.
Three snippets I will highlight but the whole thing is worth a good read.

it is crucial that the tighthead gets his left shoulder under the opposition hooker. - this is what Court did't do

Unfortunately for the penalty try in the second and third scrums Cole managed to split Healy and Best.

By the time Tom Court came on Ireland were psychologically on the back foot already

The last two points clearly indicated thast it was down to far more than Tom Court

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

Yes I read that Geoff. Brilliant article.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6