The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Davies' commentary

+22
TycroesOsprey
Totallybiasedscarlet
thebluesmancometh
Irishhoneymonster
nobbled
Taffineastbourne
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Knowsit17
nathan
Taylorman
Shifty
niwatts
Woodstock
lostinwales
IanBru
Adam D
majesticimperialman
Biltong
Shane_Williams
Hood83
trebellbobaggins
KickAndChase
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jonathan Davies' commentary - Page 2 Empty Jonathan Davies' commentary

Post by KickAndChase Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do you like it or not? I personally hate it. One - eyed and gets far too overexcited for Wales. For a neutral it's literally sickening. MUTE.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Davies' commentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Jonathan Davies' commentary

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 18 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

He is attempting to balance the scales of the "British" media.Dayglo thought the big story of the 6N's was England as has every paper that I have read since February.
The rag that is the Mai on Sundayl led with the England game and Wales winning a GS was a post script.
Last year when England were in with a shout of a GS Radio5live sceduled a phone-in on the final Saturday evening.This year strangely they didnt.And people moan about Jiffy?Think about it.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

Just to be clear. I don't hate Jiffy because I find him an annoying Welsh git.
It's because he is an annoying git.
The thread asked if people like his commentary, not is the balance of media coverage fair, are other commentators or pundits equally biased (of course they are) or does every sane person find Guscott smug and Inverdale a pillock.
So in answer to the op - no. I don't like it.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

On pure commentary he is pants.As guy who adds the odd comment he is a gem.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by charliehesketh Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

As an Englishman, quite fond of Jiffy, but his passion for Wales swamps the technical insight that he surely has. As said elsewhere, BM will sometimes be England's harshest critic.

Happy to tolerate Jiffy if we can keep BM, but exile Stuart Barnes to WWE. now that is an annoying man - so tabloid in style. Rugby's answer to Alan Partridge, and just as in love with himself.....

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:01 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:He is attempting to balance the scales of the "British" media.Dayglo thought the big story of the 6N's was England as has every paper that I have read since February.
The rag that is the Mai on Sundayl led with the England game and Wales winning a GS was a post script.
Last year when England were in with a shout of a GS Radio5live sceduled a phone-in on the final Saturday evening.This year strangely they didnt.And people moan about Jiffy?Think about it.

Well I was going to complain that most of the build up to the England Ireland game was taken up with waffle about the Wales game, that a big chunk of the half time analysis was taken up with highlights and comment on Wales, and that the post England analysis was swapped for asking people what they though about Wales.
Fortunately Dallypoo was there to restore some balance by pointing out that England actually winning a game was a bloody miracle. Wales always win grand slams, how often do England beat Ireland in the 6 nations?

I do get fed up with the amount of coverage incessant Welsh whinging, exaggeration and general shoulder chipping gets on the internet mind.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2