The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final

+60
ChequeredJersey
JDizzle
ulster_on_the_up
Baggy42
Coffin Dodger
aucklandlaurie
Eustace H Plimsoll
HERSH
Standulstermen
Taffineastbourne
mpc28
Geordie
tigerleghorn
offload
The Great Aukster
Scoped
Rory_Gallagher
brennomac
GLove39
Forward Pass
yappysnap
George Carlin
PJHolybloke
JmD
belovedfrosties
maestegmafia
mckay1402
red_stag
aitchw
HongKongCherry
propdavid_london
eirebilly
justified sinner
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
killer938
Effervescing Elephant
geoff999rugby
bobo
Portnoy
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Bathman_in_London
Thomond
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Equo Troiano
doctor_grey
geoff998rugby
LordDowlais
B91212
Driver
Ozzy3213
Cardiff Dave
Cymroglan
MrsP
maverickmak
Notch
nathan
64 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final Empty Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Have a look at the youtube video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d_5Vlsyekio

After the whistle has gone, When Clark gets up he bends Hawkins right arm the wrong way. It's being reported that it dislocated his arm. What are your thoughts on it, should Clark be cited and banned?

In my mind it looks deliberate and therefore should see a fairly long ban. What do you guys think?

Last edited by nathan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final Empty Re: Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final

Post by Notch Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Thats awful. You can hear the victimised player screaming! Actually screaming.

He's gone, sorry. He's going to be out of the game for a while. That's genuine thuggery; it's certainly not 'hard' to deliberately dislocate the arm of someone trapped in the bottom of a ruck. He's gone.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final Empty Re: Clark/Hawkins incident from todays LV cup final

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 pm

I am actually horrified by seeing that, that's genuinely disgusting.

I wouldn't be displeased if that guy never plays rugby again. That sort of behaviour has no part in our game at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:44 pm

i was just saying in another thread that it's gone all quite, all tweets (regarding this issue) on tigers twitter account have just been removed. I'm thinking there might be criminal action against him.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Might be worth us not commenting on it any more on here then until we hear anything more about it. You never know with cases like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:51 pm

well I am just guessing and I'm no Sherlock Holmes, so not 100% sure.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay, I'll leave it at that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by maverickmak Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Sad

What kind of length a ban could he be looking at? He has a fair chunk of previous at his young age. Comparable with gouging if it was intentional (and it looked it).

maverickmak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

hmmm, well, no mention really of criminal action on the tigers forum. Would be interesting to see the incident from another angle. All I can say really from that footage, is that it looks pretty damning on Clarke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:56 pm

It's worth noting that Hawkins had to leave the field injured immediately after that incident. Probably dislocated shoulder.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:57 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:hmmm, well, no mention really of criminal action on the tigers forum. Would be interesting to see the incident from another angle. All I can say really from that footage, is that it looks pretty damning on Clarke.

i should think it would be removed pretty pronto from there!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Well the thread discussing it is still up on both the tigers and saints' fan forum so guess it should be okay to discuss it here. Any sign that it's not, I shall just remove the thread OK

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

ah cool, thought you meant that there was no discussion at all.

I didn't realise he had prior work!

http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/06/582/young-calum-clark-red-carded-for-a-head-butt-jwc

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm

blimey, that's a pretty damning write up on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh my goodness!!!!

If that is as bad as it looks the Saints player should never be seen on a rugby pitch again.

No place for that at all.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:21 pm

That looks bad and he even looked back to admire his handy work.

Good old fashioned punch up is one thing but trying to deliberately injure a defenseless opponent has no place in our sport.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm

a clip of his previous red card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgWg8kGMWk

This guy has serious, serious discipline issues.

MrsP - in complete agreeness with you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 pm

nathan wrote:ah cool, thought you meant that there was no discussion at all.

I didn't realise he had prior work!

http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/06/582/young-calum-clark-red-carded-for-a-head-butt-jwc

Jeez Louise.
That's blatent thuggery in the rugbydump clip.
Rugby is tough enough without that kind of crap and the smirk on his face when he was red carded deserved a damn good telling off. Like your Mum used to give you at the age of 12 only to get another when your Dad got home.
Maybe the bloke needs help as any player who behaves like that can very well end up doing time.
As for today's incident, the youtube footage is not conclusive for me. Not on my ancient PC anyway. Look's nasty though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

CD - we need to see it from another angle really to draw and real conclusions, but all I will say is that it does look very bad, and if it's as bad as it is appearing, the guy should not be playing rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

How much more evidence is needed ? He pulled his arm back after the whistle had gone

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm

I'd still like tos ee it from another angle Cymro, maybe just hoping it isn't as bad as it appears?

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:44 pm

pretty disgusted by some of the comments on the saints forum, i know we all stick up for our own team but comments saying there was nothing wrong it is clearly not going to help the game. Players have enough injuries as it is.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:CD - we need to see it from another angle really to draw and real conclusions, but all I will say is that it does look very bad, and if it's as bad as it is appearing, the guy should not be playing rugby.

Agreed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:CD - we need to see it from another angle really to draw and real conclusions, but all I will say is that it does look very bad, and if it's as bad as it is appearing, the guy should not be playing rugby.

i understand what your saying, but there was no reason for him to be pulling the arm back that far after the whistle had gone. IMO he should be cited for foul play but as you say we need to see it from another angle to how long he gets.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 pm

nathan wrote:pretty disgusted by some of the comments on the saints forum, i know we all stick up for our own team but comments saying there was nothing wrong it is clearly not going to help the game. Players have enough injuries as it is.

In my experience, the majority of Saints fans are good eggs and I doubt very much they would stick up for a player simply because he/she was one of theirs. Thuggery has no place in the game and I certainly would condemn any Cardiff player who crossed the line with malice aforethought.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
nathan wrote:pretty disgusted by some of the comments on the saints forum, i know we all stick up for our own team but comments saying there was nothing wrong it is clearly not going to help the game. Players have enough injuries as it is.

In my experience, the majority of Saints fans are good eggs and I doubt very much they would stick up for a player simply because he/she was one of theirs. Thuggery has no place in the game and I certainly would condemn any Cardiff player who crossed the line with malice aforethought.

Completely agree with you, Being a Leicester fan i have a fair few mates who support them. All of them i've spoken too agree it didn't look good. But there's just 1 or 2 on their forums who are posting some silly stuff. Suppose you get those sorts with every team.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:08 pm

nathan they know that he was out of order but they just cant admit it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 pm

nathan wrote:

Completely agree with you, Being a Leicester fan i have a fair few mates who support them. All of them i've spoken too agree it didn't look good. But there's just 1 or 2 on their forums who are posting some silly stuff. Suppose you get those sorts with every team.

Unfortunately you're quite right.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I have to say, unless somebody can show me another clip from another angle that shows something completely different to what I've just seen, then that is a disgraceful act.

It is cowardly and has no place in the game. That is on a par with gouging for me and deserves a very long spell out of the game to think about his actions.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:06 am

Well, look, he will be cited. Hawkins went off injured so Leicester are sure to know exactly what happened. The video evidence I've seen is pretty nasty. And he has previous.

So I'm sure we'll be hearing about an official complaint and citing soon and based on the above justice will almost certainly be forthcoming.

The real question is a much more thorny one and that is could Clark be charged with 'causing grievous bodily harm with intent'? (Did I get that right LDC Pete?) despite being on a rugby pitch.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 am

In short yes.

There is implied consent to assault in rugby and acts within the laws of the game have a statutory defence in relation to the criminal offence. This act fell well outside the laws of the game and therefore would have no defence in law.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 am

That is disgusting and embarrassing to sport in any sport.

He's not the type of player I want to see in a England jersey or on a rugby pitch
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:53 am

Inexcusable. Unless another angle shows something completely different then he deserves a very very lengthy ban and I don't want him playing for the team I support. No matter what had happened in the game until this point there is absolutely no justification whatsoever in the players actions. The punishment should be no different from eye gouging.

I hate it when professional sport can't police itself and the actual authorities get involved but he only has himself to blame if it happens this time. Total idiot and I only hope the Tigers player makes a full recovery.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 am

What is it with Northampton and bad dicipline and thugery. They are not doing themselves any favours, the youngsters are probably looking at Ashton, Hartley, Lawes and trying to emulate them, honestly what are they teaching them at this club ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 am

Calum Clark is a nasty piece of work.

I do agree Saints fans are a good bunch - unfortunately you cannot say the same about the team. A number of unpleasant characters.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 am

I can't tell anything from the video. I don't see a report on either the ESPN Scrum or BBC web sites mentioning the incident. Was there a citing?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 am

Notch wrote:Well, look, he will be cited. Hawkins went off injured so Leicester are sure to know exactly what happened. The video evidence I've seen is pretty nasty. And he has previous.

So I'm sure we'll be hearing about an official complaint and citing soon and based on the above justice will almost certainly be forthcoming.

The real question is a much more thorny one and that is could Clark be charged with 'causing grievous bodily harm with intent'? (Did I get that right LDC Pete?) despite being on a rugby pitch.

Its relatively simple, any assault with intent is GBH. If you injure somebody whilst defending yourself or it can be proven that the intent was not to injure, its ABH.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

So GBH then. Fair enough.

Doc, I'd wait and see. 9am on Monday is a bit early for news of a citing to come out.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 am

The video looks pretty damning but we'll have to wait and see what is made of it by the citing official. Tigers have a no citing policy and so tend not to make complaints about on field incidents. Maybe this will make an exception to that and maybe that was the reason Big Jules didn't come on (he does believe in two wrongs making a right).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 am

Looks nasty. Surely a hefty ban for Clark.

I know it's being pedantic but could someone please change the title. It's Clark with no e. Normally I wouldn't care but Saints also have a centre called Clarke.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 am

beshocked wrote:Looks nasty. Surely a hefty ban for Clark.

I know it's being pedantic but could someone please change the title. It's Clark with no e. Normally I wouldn't care but Saints also have a centre called Clarke.

Updated them for you, sorry about that!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 am

Jesus that's disgusting, what ever about hitting a guy in a rugby match, that kind of stuff isn't on in my opinion.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

Equo Troiano wrote:
Notch wrote:Well, look, he will be cited. Hawkins went off injured so Leicester are sure to know exactly what happened. The video evidence I've seen is pretty nasty. And he has previous.

Its relatively simple, any assault with intent is GBH. If you injure somebody whilst defending yourself or it can be proven that the intent was not to injure, its ABH.

Not quite correct the Equo. ABH or GBH relates to the extent of injury and has nothing to do with intent. There are two classications within GBH. One is a straightforward GBH and the other is GBH with intent.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 pm

That is horrible, I hope Hawkins recovers soon.

I know we should reserve judgement until all the evidence is available but from that angle is doesnt look good for Clarke.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Noticeable how quiet ( as usual) Tigers have been on this issue. No trail by media asked for, which is good for the game.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Noticeable how quiet ( as usual) Tigers have been on this issue. No trail by media asked for, which is good for the game.

+1

However it would be nice to know if they had raised it (against their usual practice) or if the citing official noticed it. The commentary team certainly didn't (although they were probably thinking about what they were going to say next rather than the game). I really hope this doesn't slip through the cracks.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Equo Troiano wrote: Its relatively simple, any assault with intent is GBH. If you injure somebody whilst defending yourself or it can be proven that the intent was not to injure, its ABH.

Well unless the law has changed in the last 20 years that isn't true.

I was the victim of an assault and in court it was stated I did nothing to provoke it and the guy got done for ABH not GBH.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 pm

I think Richard Cockerill referred to it in his post match interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17355002

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

MrsP wrote:I think Richard Cockerill referred to it in his post match interview.

Hawkins- that looked a little bit nasty, we'll have to have a look at that because it looked like that was done on purpose.

I know that the wheels are probably turning behind the scenes, but I'm anxious enough to want to see this dealt with promptly because it's a genuinely nasty thing for the game. Paradoxically, it's for the best if the media are kept out of these kinds of things even though we'll complain about being in the dark censored
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

MrsP wrote:I think Richard Cockerill referred to it in his post match interview.

he did indeed, good spot mrsp!

Can't see it anywhere else in the media though.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next