The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...?

+29
Dontheman
Smirnoffpriest
ScarletSpiderman
B91212
Knowsit17
dragonbreath
gowales
ChequeredJersey
pontylad
dogtooth
Ozzy3213
Messymesina
gregortree
thebluesmancometh
HERSH
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
mystiroakey
eirebilly
offload
slartibartfast
Biltong
TBJ9625
Comfort
SubsBench
BigTrevsbigmac
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
nobbled
maestegmafia
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who was your man?

Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 24 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 28 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 77

Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Empty Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...?

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's over...!

And again what a magnificent feeling it is to win a Grandslam. We have a special squad of players who have achieved some remarkable feats.

Pick whether you adore the great tacklers, the wonderful runners, the tickers, the turnovers or the kickers, they all played a part.

But who was your man?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...?

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

In fairness his boot has been excellent, I think it's only about one missed kick per game so far this year.

Still have to stand by the rest. I don't expect many to agree at all but the amount of times Halfpenny gathered the ball, started running, then stopped dead in hesitation to change direction, giving the opposition plenty of time to bear down on him and snare him had me cringing in distress.

Also he had no business boring into Parisse's stomach with the latter still in the air. Again I put this down to hesitation, Halfpenny just didn't make up his mind in time whether to challenge the high ball or tackle Parisse. In the end he did a bit of both. A moment of stupidity which doesn't happen often but still should be recognised tbh.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was your Welsh player of the Grandslam...?

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

Well fair enough we'll have to agree to disagree.

And it's good to have lots of competition for the jerseys as we'll have Halfpenny, North, Cuthbert, Liam Williams, Stoddart, and even Tovey or Robinson all competing for 3 jerseys

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

Agreed thumbsup

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Agreed thumbsup

Disagree thumbsup Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 19 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

Ian Evans for me, last September we (Ospreys fans) were wondering if he would be released at the end of this season and maybe go and play Semi Pro rugby in the Welsh Premiership.

Look at him now! Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

George North may be a good shout, just for THAT run and offload....

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:B9 - whilst I agree he is not quite at the fitness elvels of a couple of seasons ago, I suggest re-watching the England v Wales match. Some of the last ditch tackles Adam put in were superb, and he covered a heck of a lot of ground for a prop in that match. So even if he's still not got his weight/fitness issue sorted, he was still the best TH in the competition.
I can't watch that again Dreamer - it was a game I feel we probably should have won and if we had I would now be the one celebrating the GS and not you !!

I honestly can't remember the last ditch tackles, it's the one Wales game of the tournament that I watch as an opposition supporter rather than just a passionate rugby fan. I agree he was still the top TH and like I say he would be nailed on for starting for the Lions if they played next week.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

there's one brilliant one, he grabs hold of an English guys shirt and gets dragged along a bit on his bum. Still, he stopped the English guy going further so who cares about the unconventional technique!

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:there's one brilliant one, he grabs hold of an English guys shirt and gets dragged along a bit on his bum. Still, he stopped the English guy going further so who cares about the unconventional technique!

I know the one. I think it might have been on Strettle, not quite sure though. As you say got dragged along, swung around and got back to his feet to complete the tackle.

Props like Jones and Castrogiovanni may not have pretty work on their hands but they always give it their all. It's not often at all one of them misses a tackle when you think about it to compliment their world class scrummaging abilities. What more could you ask of a tighthead?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

Ian Evans for me, played every minute of every game and no yellow cards, played really well and should have gone to the RWC, just hope he can stay fit from now on. Well done Ian.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:But knowsit what about Halfpenny? Whistle

I'd say if it wasn't for his kicking he'd be nowhere near that list. Many will disagree but he's no Kearney under the high ball and with ball in hand he sometimes looked somewhat clueless, particularly against England and Italy. Too hesitant and got himself isolated and into sticky situations too often for my liking. All that and his stupid challenge in the air and resulting sin binning just puts me off considering him.

Isn't that like saying 'If it wasn't for Lydiate's tackling he wouldn't make the shortlist'.

Halfpenny player of the tournament.

Always makes ground, rarely loses possession, makes very few mistakes, fearless in contact and a brilliant defensive player. Best kicker we've had since Jenkins and potentially our best ever.

Bravo.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2