The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire"

+12
AlexHuckerby
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
Super D Boon
two_tone
JabMachineMK2
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
PPVxHOTTY
Valero's Conscience
School Project
16 posters

Go down

Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire" Empty Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire"

Post by School Project Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:20 am

It seems due to the recent publicity - Manny Pacquiao has had a conversation with the Big Man himself (GOD) and has been advised by him to retired soon:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/172003-pacquiao-god-

Pacquiao's religious beliefs are directing him toward retirement and helpping him quell his vices of gambling and womanizing.

WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao says that he is being encouraged by God to retire and has vowed to eliminate his gambling and womanizing vices, according to reports cited by Yahoo!Sports.

"I will not stay long in boxing because He said, 'you have done enough," Pacquiao, a devout Roman Catholic, told a Filiipino radio station. "[God said] 'You have made yourself famous, but it is harmful.'"

The 33-year-old Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 knockouts) also told the morning show Rated Korina on ABS-CBN that he no longer gambles and that he's done with womanizing.

Pacquiao will defend his title against WBO junior welterweight titleholder Tim Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs) on June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

It remains unclear whether or not Pacquiao intends to ever face WBC welterweight titteholder Floyd Mayweather Jr., with whom negotiations for a megabout have twice failed over the notion of drug testing.

Pacquiao has an ongoing lawsuit against Mayweather accusing him of defamation, charging that the fighter has continued to insinuate publicly that Pacquiao's success over eight weight classes is the result of having used performance-enhancing drugs.

Mayweather will rise in weight to face WBA junior middleweight titleholder Miguel Cotto on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

If GOD himself doesn't want the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight then I'm converting to Buddhism (those guys are a lot happier anyway). But maybe all the bad press, the threat of legal action due to the tax evasion and harbouring a criminal in his house has taken it's toll on the generally popular and well liked Pacquiao.

Thoughts on a postcard,

School Project.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire" Empty Re: Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire"

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

I heard this yesterday, he does talk garbage!

God AKA Arum is telling him to retire rather than lose to Mayweather!

I used to like Manny, but over the years I think his image is a huge PR stunt and the more famous he's become the arrogant and up his own a-hole he's become!

He's just a diva living of his ego, when you see his house it's full of photos and paintings of himself! Can't deny he still does a lot of good but he irritates the hell out of me!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire" Empty Re: Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire"

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:29 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:I heard this yesterday, he does talk garbage!

God AKA Arum is telling him to retire rather than lose to Mayweather!

I used to like Manny, but over the years I think his image is a huge PR stunt and the more famous he's become the arrogant and up his own a-hole he's become!

He's just a diva living of his ego, when you see his house it's full of photos and paintings of himself! Can't deny he still does a lot of good but he irritates the hell out of me!

But im sure many on this forum believe he has Mayweathers number lol, as time has gone by even his nuthuggers are slowly realising what a complete joke this so called p4p greatest is.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

Pacquiao - "God is telling me to retire"

------------------

Mayweather told him to retire!?!?!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote: as time has gone by even his nuthuggers are slowly realising what a complete joke this so called p4p greatest is.

No offence PPV but it is comments like that which dirve me up the wall with this whole debate, if people choose to believe Manny is overrated, fine, if people choose to believe the blame for the fight with Floyd not happening is completely Manny fault, again fine, if you want to believe he is not as humble as his image portrays, again fine, if you want to believe Bob Arum is the reincarnation of Satan himself then again I can live with this but Manny is anything but a joke he is and irrespective of whether he fights Floyd or the result of that fight a very fine fighter with an excellent resume to his name, and I say that as someone who has never waivered in my view Floyd beats him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

rowley wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote: as time has gone by even his nuthuggers are slowly realising what a complete joke this so called p4p greatest is.

No offence PPV but it is comments like that which dirve me up the wall with this whole debate, if people choose to believe Manny is overrated, fine, if people choose to believe the blame for the fight with Floyd not happening is completely Manny fault, again fine, if you want to believe he is not as humble as his image portrays, again fine, if you want to believe Bob Arum is the reincarnation of Satan himself then again I can live with this but Manny is anything but a joke he is and irrespective of whether he fights Floyd or the result of that fight a very fine fighter with an excellent resume to his name, and I say that as someone who has never waivered in my view Floyd beats him.

First and foremost I blame both for the fight not happening, its just comments like 'his fear of needles' etc, yet hes got many tattoos on his body. Its certain things like this that show inconsistency in his PR and for me this does reflect on legacy and like ive said in the long run, all the agendas from promoters/fighters do get exposed.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

The real message behind Manny's recent statement stems primarily from his recent issues with the Law.

Although this thread will easily turn into a "why they don't fight/who's ducking who" - I think the message is clear...

God has told Manny to retire, therfore Manny will retired without ever facing Floyd. Manny Pacquiao has been making some pretty poor choices recently and this last year has been pretty tough:

Tax problems, facing a large amount of questions over the Marquez "win", media portrayal of him harbouring criminals, poor showings as a politician and of course the whole saga of facing Floyd.

It's obvious to me at least that Manny has done what he wanted to do, become P4P No.1 on some people's lists and has made a fortune - But for people like me and a number of others on this board... his legacy will ALWAYS be questioned.

It's nice to know that God took some time out of his busy schedule to advise Manny though, makes me wonder why he bothers hiring Michael Koncz!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

If Pacquiao doesn't fight Mayweather, he loses his ATG claims - he didn't fight the best. it will harm his legacy a lot.

If Maweather doesn't get the fight, his legacy is harmed also in the same way Calzaghes can be sometimes, that he didn't fight the best in their absolute prime. It'll harm his legacy.

At this point I don't think either of them care too much, which is a shame. A boxers legacy should be his everything. Look at Lennox Lewis. He fought the best when he could and we view him as being one of the very best.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

How can you compare Calzaghe's record to Mayweather's, what a load of rubbish. The best prime fighter he fought was Kessler, perhaps argument for Hopkins as he has gone onto to world honours again even though that win was debated. Mayweather has tested himself against a number of prime fighters, not always but a damn sight more than Calzaghe.

Also find it ironic that Pacquiao is a "devout Roman Catholic" but apparently cheats on his wife - good one!

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

Calzaghe>Mayweather I think its pretty obv........oh I can't even be bothered Sad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

If GOD himself doesn't want the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight then I'm converting to Buddhism

----------

It's not that God doesn't want the fight it's just he's so fed up with all the nonsense claims of who's ducking who, the silly legal wranglings, bickerings and that it's fairly obvious that there is mutual avoidance of each another. The Almighty would rather they didn't fight at all and just shut the hell up. I know as I spoke to Him yesterday. OK

Last edited by Super D Boon on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

There can be no greater indictment of this situation that some of the most committed and hardcore fans of the sport imaginable genuinely no longer care if the two best fighters in the world who both operate in the same weight class actually fight each other, everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Super D Boon wrote:If GOD himself doesn't want the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight then I'm converting to Buddhism

----------

It's not that God doesn't want the fight it's just he's so fed up with all the nonsense claims of who's ducking who, the silly legal wranglings, bickerings and that it's fairly obvious that there is mutual avoidance of each another. The Almighty would rather they didn't fight at all and just shut the hell up. I know as I spoke to him yesterday. OK

He told me he was speaking to a muppet yesterday, but I thought he mean't Kermitt the Frog
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:If Pacquiao doesn't fight Mayweather, he loses his ATG claims - he didn't fight the best. it will harm his legacy a lot.

If Maweather doesn't get the fight, his legacy is harmed also in the same way Calzaghes can be sometimes, that he didn't fight the best in their absolute prime. It'll harm his legacy.

At this point I don't think either of them care too much, which is a shame. A boxers legacy should be his everything. Look at Lennox Lewis. He fought the best when he could and we view him as being one of the very best.

Your first sentence applies to both men, but is still slightly inaccurate.

Pacquiao, having fought the likes of Barrera, Marquez, Morales and Cotto can very much say that he fought the best available to him. Floyd will be the exception, and a fight that should have happened, but it hardly leaves him without a worthwhile name on his resume. Floyd needs that fight more than Manny, that is for sure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

It's like I've always said Rowley, there's too much to lose for either boxer. They are both nailed on ATGs yet neither's going to want to be remembered primarily for losing a fight rather than for everthying else they achieved. You can offer them £897m each but it makes no difference to two men that are already stinking rich.

For all those pro Manny nuthuggers that say it's Floyd ducking and pro Floyd's saying it's Manny ducking - I actually think they're both ducking each other and will continue to do so. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

Super D Boon wrote:

For all those pro Manny nuthuggers that say it's Floyd ducking and pro Floyd's saying it's Manny ducking - I actually think they're both ducking each other and will continue to do so. OK

There was a comment by someone in the Boxing Monthly the other week along the lines of "if both fighters had genuinely both wanted this fight for the last two years it would have happened" about sums it up for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

What I meant is taken out of context slightly.

I wasn't being literal, christ.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:29 pm

I think the whole situation with Floyd and Manny could also manifest into fighters like Broner etc taking the same attitude should they find themselves in a potential fight like this.

The whole senario is a disgrace and their 2 heads need de-swelling.

I think you will find them fighting when everybody gives up caring and they need their egos massaged once more before retirement. But it will be too little too late.

The excuses are already made for both parties should they lose.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:If GOD himself doesn't want the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight then I'm converting to Buddhism

----------

It's not that God doesn't want the fight it's just he's so fed up with all the nonsense claims of who's ducking who, the silly legal wranglings, bickerings and that it's fairly obvious that there is mutual avoidance of each another. The Almighty would rather they didn't fight at all and just shut the hell up. I know as I spoke to him yesterday. OK

He told me he was speaking to a muppet yesterday, but I thought he mean't Kermitt the Frog

So it was you he met next?! When you told me he was speaking to some Mick I assumed it was the guy from Simply Red. Very Happy

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

rowley wrote:There was a comment by someone in the Boxing Monthly the other week along the lines of "if both fighters had genuinely both wanted this fight for the last two years it would have happened" about sums it up for me.

Bang on, Rowley. It actually amazes me that the two partisan sets of fans (I believe they're known as 'Flomos' and 'Pactards', these days) still seem to genuinely believe that it's a case of one man desperately wanting the fight and doing everything possible to get it, while the other one is running scared. The truth is, it's nothing like that, certainly not in recent times anyway.

I think the saddest part, potentially, could be that if the fight ever were to happen, the winner is likely to get simply nowhere near as much credit as they would have done had they done it two or three years ago, when it should have happened. Mayweather is now thirty-five with personal problems clouding his life, Pacquiao has shown signs of slipping against Mosley and Marquez III and has one eye on politics, etc etc.

The more (and more, and more) time which passes without the fight happening, the less relevant it becomes in the grand scheme of things.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
rowley wrote:There was a comment by someone in the Boxing Monthly the other week along the lines of "if both fighters had genuinely both wanted this fight for the last two years it would have happened" about sums it up for me.

Bang on, Rowley. It actually amazes me that the two partisan sets of fans (I believe they're known as 'Flomos' and 'Pactards', these days) still seem to genuinely believe that it's a case of one man desperately wanting the fight and doing everything possible to get it, while the other one is running scared. The truth is, it's nothing like that, certainly not in recent times anyway.

I think the saddest part, potentially, could be that if the fight ever were to happen, the winner is likely to get simply nowhere near as much credit as they would have done had they done it two or three years ago, when it should have happened. Mayweather is now thirty-five with personal problems clouding his life, Pacquiao has shown signs of slipping against Mosley and Marquez III and has one eye on politics, etc etc.

The more (and more, and more) time which passes without the fight happening, the less relevant it becomes in the grand scheme of things.

Chris I think even if it did happen 2 years ago, the credit would have only gone to Pac if he won, remember that Manny was too small for Cotto so made him go to 145. So if Floyd had of won, it would have been "well Manny is smaller" but if Manny had of won the gates of heaven would have opened for the new messiah.

These two have created 2 sets of tumours on the sport with their ridiculous fans
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

These two have created 2 sets of tumours on the sport with their ridiculous fans
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes very true.

The PACTARDS and the FLOYDIOTS

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

ukwingchunstudent said something that I think is true "When Floyd and Pac retire we can have our sport back" Refering to the two sets of fans, you can argue thats a bad way of looking at it but I think its true. And I actually hope both retire after there fights, which in fairness are very good fights.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

I don't think so Alex,

We are going to get 2 more sets of fans:

Bronerboners and Gamblowers
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

Might try that one later with Mrs Superfly and see what reaction I get:

"I know I'm only 34 but God is telling me to retire".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:07 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I don't think so Alex,

We are going to get 2 more sets of fans:

Bronerboners and Gamblowers
Laugh Laugh Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

Am thoroughly bored of this whole debate but have always thought that Pacquiao needs the fight more than Mayweather. Overwhelming opinion seems to be that Mayweather would be favourite while he's only had one difficult fight which he avenged very comfortably. His legacy seems a lot more secure than Pacquiaos although they are both fabulous fighters with very different talents.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:If Pacquiao doesn't fight Mayweather, he loses his ATG claims - he didn't fight the best. it will harm his legacy a lot.

Your first sentence applies to both men, but is still slightly inaccurate.

Pacquiao, having fought the likes of Barrera, Marquez, Morales and Cotto can very much say that he fought the best available to him. Floyd will be the exception, and a fight that should have happened, but it hardly leaves him without a worthwhile name on his resume. Floyd needs that fight more than Manny, that is for sure.

How? As far as I know deep down people are hugely interested in this fight because Mayweather could finally get in the ring with someone who could beat them. It's not the other way round is it?

As much as people could argue this I reckon if both don't fight (which is a shame) Floyd will be looked back on by most as the fighter of this era.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

These two divas should take a leaf out of Cleverlys book and demand to fight the best. Young hungry otters.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down