The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

+42
debaters1
BlueNote
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
westisbest
The Great Aukster
Rava
Liam
ME-109
Breadvan
Knowsit17
Standulstermen
Cymroglan
thebluesmancometh
Scoped
mckay1402
jay_welsh
Morgannwg
wales606
Biltong
kunu
hugo124
Taylorman
SecretFly
dublin_dave
asoreleftshoulder
glamorganalun
geoff999rugby
Shifty
maestegmafia
BlueMuff
Mickado
eirebilly
LeinsterFan4life
Cari
Golden
Gibson
PenfroPete
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
gowales
pete (buachaill on eirne)
46 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 3 Empty Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 20 Mar 2012 - 11:49

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Thanks god club rugby is back (from an Irish perspective!) needed this.

Seems to be a lot happening Leinster's side of things, with BOD looking like he will come back into the team and the same being said for Cullen. Huge experience re-entering the team after youth has been keeping us more than just a float for a number of months. Very healthy to see. It will interesting to see where they slot in and (if they are on the bench as I imagine they will) who they will be paired with.

Thorn also looks set to make his Leinster debut giving the 3 players mentioned a run up of this game and the Munster derby in Thomond to the HCup 1/4 final.

From an Ospreys side of things, munster losing to Aironi a week back has given them a huge lifeline and they now have a chance to fight for 2nd place and a home semifinal which would prove invaluable I am sure. Bowe has decided he is leaving and there does seem to be an exodus of sorts coming from the Wlesh clubs who together have created a fantastic Grand slam winning team? Will anyone come back from that squad and play a part on Friday.

What are your score perdictions?
What team would you like to see?
If Ospreys were to win how big an impact could it have on the top 3?
Where can either team win it?

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Nathan White
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Damian Browne
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Eoin O'Malley
23: Fionn Carr

OSPREYS:

15: Richard Fussell
14: Hanno Dirksen
13: Andrew Bishop
12: Ashley Beck
11: Eli Walker
10: Dan Biggar
9: Kahn Fotuali'i

1: Paul James
2: Richard Hibbard
3: Aaron Jarvis
4: Ryan Jones
5: Alun Wyn Jones CAPTAIN
6: Tom Smith
7: Justin Tipuric
8: George Stowers

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Scott Baldwin
17: Ryan Bevington
18: Adam Jones
19: Ian Evans
20: James King
21: Rhys Webb
22: Matthew Morgan
23: Tom Isaacs

As an aside: I have 1 southstand ticket to the game for sale. €22. PM if you're interested.

Last edited by pete (buachaill on eirne) on Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 12:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Mar 2012 - 22:45

15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

What the hell is that?! The Seven Horsemen of the Apocalyse?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 0:16

Seven Poxmen of the Horslips.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 0:22

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Seven Poxmen of the Horslips.

laughing

Gosh is that where George Stowers is now. Know the family well. Played with his dad and brothers...

Khan Fotua'lii as well. With Thorn and Nacewa and the Leinster coaches those guys must feel at home...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 7:23

Isaac boss from tokarua, played for the canes. Leo auva'a is from the hut.

Moving north we have Nathan white from the waikato. Captained them in the npc final last September.

The rest you have mentioned. It's a north island enclave over here in leinster.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 9:16

relieved toner isnt on the team. Not nearly physical enough, and too tall for his own good. looks awkward around the pitch

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 10:08

Have you seen many games this season Hugo?

He’s probably been our most effective carrier. Much improved from last year.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 11:40

wouldnt say so at all, Healy and cronin have been far more effective with the ball in hand. Toner had a good game v Bath, which Stuart Barnes gave him far too much credit, calling the game "the Devin Toner Show" at one point, just because he offloaded to kearns. Realistically, hes far too stand offish, he may have added some bulk but is still a weakness in the scrum. Maybe i hold a grudge, but he has never looked a quality player to me, just picked because he's tall. Schmidt has also shown his lack of faith in him in bringing in thorn

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 11:51

What?! Schmidt was forced into signing Thorn because Cullen was out for 8 weeks with no guarantee that he’d return in time and Browne has been playing injured for about 2 months. Toner is on the bench today because he’s played the second most rugby of anyone in the squad this year (minutes behind Isa).

Maybe you do just hold a grudge because he’s twice the player he was last year.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 11:56

chill man, i'm not a massive fan of toner either. cant imagine him being very intimidating. hes not on the bench today either.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 11:59

Ha, I’m plenty chilled. I just think that because someone is awkwardly tall that doesn’t mean they can’t play. Richie Gray is only an inch shorter than Toner, and he’s a much lauded lock.

Ok, fair enough he isn’t on the bench (I misread).

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:04

there's a massive difference physically between gray and toner. Toner is slim, whereas gray is as built as he is tall, much better proportioned and aggressive to boot. toner is a good club player, but don't think he'll ever make the cut internationally
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:11

I never said anything about international stadard, Hugo mentioned he was "relieved" Toner wasn't playing because he doesn't rate him, i just said that he's in the minority of Leinster fans there as Toner has improved this year on last year.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:15

no doubt he has, fair play to him and maybe playing with brad thorn will help him develop the aggro edge he needs
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:29

Isn't Toner around 20stone or am I just imagining that.

He has been quite good in the contact area's this year so far, not our ebst carrier but he used to be our worst and he is pretty high up the list now. Smile

I've been hugely impressed with him so far this year he has been one of our best players this year and when DOC stops playing for Ireland (not too far away) Toner could well find himself on an Irish bench if lads were to get an injury or be rested.

The lad isn't world class but he is playing very well in the Rabo and the HCup this year and that is very hard to argue IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:37

I did qualify myself by saying "probably our most effective carrier", in that he's done more effective carrying than anyone else, becuase he's played twice the amount of games as some of the internationals. (22 games v 9 for O'Brien).

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:38

IMO he has been one of the most important players for us this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 12:45

he has been important in the respect that we were short on locks. In my opinion though he is not an integral member of the team
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 13:28

He is less than an inch taller than grey, and about the same weight.125 kg.

A lot of horsesh1t talked about him. He has had a few man of the match displays this year.

Got to be ahead of all but Poc, Ryan, doc and possibly tuohy for Ireland now.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:03

Mickado wrote:What?! Schmidt was forced into signing Thorn because Cullen was out for 8 weeks with no guarantee that he’d return in time and Browne has been playing injured for about 2 months. Toner is on the bench today because he’s played the second most rugby of anyone in the squad this year (minutes behind Isa).

At the start of the season, Schmidt signed Steven Sykes and Damien Browne because he didn't believe Toner was good enough to play at Heineken cup level.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:07

hugo124 wrote:
Mickado wrote:What?! Schmidt was forced into signing Thorn because Cullen was out for 8 weeks with no guarantee that he’d return in time and Browne has been playing injured for about 2 months. Toner is on the bench today because he’s played the second most rugby of anyone in the squad this year (minutes behind Isa).

At the start of the season, Schmidt signed Steven Sykes and Damien Browne because he didn't believe Toner was good enough to play at Heineken cup level.
and were either of them ahead of him?...........ever?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:08

I don't get the 'holding a grudge' bit. Someone might explain?

I can understand people supporting him and his ability, I can also see how others might see weaknesses... but seeing weaknesses because of holding a grudge? Don't get that bit.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:17

He not only has won a number of man of the matches but wasn't he Leinster player of the month at some stage too?

He has fought off challenges from Sykes and Browne and has been very consistent week in week out. You need to watch the rabo games to see how he has become (not a leader) but more of a leader than he has as well.

I think he is going to be one of the most important players in our squad in 4 years. He's only 24 or something and locks seem to improve with age. I used to be a huge critic of the guy but he really turned a corner this season

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:25

SecretFly wrote:I don't get the 'holding a grudge' bit. Someone might explain?

I can understand people supporting him and his ability, I can also see how others might see weaknesses... but seeing weaknesses because of holding a grudge? Don't get that bit.

+1

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:27

Mickado wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I don't get the 'holding a grudge' bit. Someone might explain?

+1
Laugh

You're the one that focking said it mick. What's wrong? You don't get yourself?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:28

Lot of shoite talked about Toner here. He is our most improved player and will play for his country again before long. Major weapon at the lineout and is much more involved now in the loose. He's getting there. Well ahead of the other two. Browne especially and Sykes is off soon.

Thorn was brought in to cover Cullen (he's back before his time) and help Toner and Browne come on. In fact, we may see a Thorn/Toner duo on the field for the rest of the season. I can see a 3-way share with Cullen. Devin could learn so much from Thorne. Give him a harder edge. Good business.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:29

think he means once you form a definitive opinion of a player, its hard to change it! sykes was bought because schmidt didnt trust toner to step up to the plate, which he has done givin sykes injury. but i'd have the likes certainly have tuohy and ryan ahead of him ireland wise. sykes left about a month ago btw
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:32

Sykes left a month ago. Edit. Sorry didn't see that post saying the same thing.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:41

hugo124 wrote:wouldnt say so at all, Healy and cronin have been far more effective with the ball in hand. Toner had a good game v Bath, which Stuart Barnes gave him far too much credit, calling the game "the Devin Toner Show" at one point, just because he offloaded to kearns. Realistically, hes far too stand offish, he may have added some bulk but is still a weakness in the scrum. Maybe i hold a grudge, but he has never looked a quality player to me, just picked because he's tall. Schmidt has also shown his lack of faith in him in bringing in thorn

In the words of an 11 year old. He said it first!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:45

Thats right Jen. Forgot that man. They got shot of him already. He's home and playing. I dont think Sykes fitted into the Leinster Way. To put it nicely. It was nowt to do with his ability.

Anyway, Toner will be a big part of Leinster's future. Wait and see.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:48

I hear you’re a racist now father!?

Sykes is on the bench for the sharks against the ‘tahs tomorrow. How was he so mediocre here and he makes it into a really tough pack with the sharks?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:51

Heart?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 14:53

he was injured for 3/4s of the time, and I heard in general he just had a real problem with irish weather!! weird i know. I remember an interview he did with leinster tv back when he originally signed. He said he had aspirations of playing with ireland. Leinster let him go from his 3 year contract cuz his head wasn't in it over here
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 15:26

Lads the way i heard it there was that there was a conflict of interest between sykes and leinster that left him wanting to return to South Africa which lead to his poor displays.

If the way i heard it was true i wouldnt hold anything against him as he had his reasons for going back. not that I think leinster are in the wrong either just two parties with different priorities.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 15:28

Golden wrote:Lads the way i heard it there was that there was a conflict of interest between sykes and leinster that left him wanting to return to South Africa which lead to his poor displays.

If the way i heard it was true i wouldnt hold anything against him as he had his reasons for going back. not that I think leinster are in the wrong either just two parties with different priorities.

elaborate a tiny bit more?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 16:08

Gibson wrote:Lot of shoite talked about Toner here. He is our most improved player and will play for his country again before long. Major weapon at the lineout and is much more involved now in the loose. He's getting there. Well ahead of the other two. Browne especially and Sykes is off soon.

Thorn was brought in to cover Cullen (he's back before his time) and help Toner and Browne come on. In fact, we may see a Thorn/Toner duo on the field for the rest of the season. I can see a 3-way share with Cullen. Devin could learn so much from Thorne. Give him a harder edge. Good business.
Well Gibson, since you know everything I guess your right.Sykes was "sick" basically the whole time he was here.Browne is not young and came from Connacht, so I don't think they were expecting him to be any good.Saying he is the our most improved player, is ridiculous.We all know he had a good game against Bath but other then that, he has been similar in the standard of his game from last year.Am I the only one that thinks Leo Cullen is playing terrible at the moment?
Luke Fitzgerald, in my opinion is Leinster's most improved player this season after the shocker he had last season!

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 16:13

hugo124 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Leo Cullen is playing terrible at the moment?
Seeing as he has not played in 2 months I would have to say you are the only one who thinks he is playing at the moment. Laugh

Let's give him a game or 2 to get up to speed will we? Seeing as he has just had Achilles surgery.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 16:26

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
hugo124 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Leo Cullen is playing terrible at the moment?
Seeing as he has not played in 2 months I would have to say you are the only one who thinks he is playing at the moment. Laugh

Let's give him a game or 2 to get up to speed will we? Seeing as he has just had Achilles surgery.

AHHHHHHH!Very good, I didn't know you were so clever!Do you want a medal because I will leave Tyrone hear to watch the dog and I will drive over to you and deliver it.Or you can just state your name and address and I will send it in the post!Before he got injured he got three yellow cards in a row, but yet Leinster seem to score more points when he is off the pitch!

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 16:37

hugo124 wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

AHHHHHHH!Very good, I didn't know you were so clever!Do you want a medal because I will leave Tyrone hear to watch the dog and I will drive over to you and deliver it.
Why can Tyrone not hear anything when you leave? Is that why he needs the dog? to bark loudly when you are not there?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 16:55

He's a fiesty little newbie Leinster fan, that Hugo eh? Or one of dem young knowitall Ulster fans?

I'll have ta learn im... guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 17:00

laughing surprised that got a reaction, although hugo it must be said, it was one of your better attempts to wind people up!! past few have been dismal
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 17:10

[quote="Gibson"]He's a fiesty little newbie Leinster fan, that Hugo eh? Or one of dem young knowitall Ulster fans?

If I were to review all the Irish posters on the forum, I would have to say I would rank you highly.
You watch everyone comment, wait a while and then post a big load of bull sh*t that no one is bothered to read so no one argues with you.I applaud you for that, sincerely.
I think apart from me obviously, I would probably rank Kunu the highest.Eirebilly is ok, a bit annoying but acceptable.All the Ulster fans, have been corrupted by BBC 1 NI, the most biasest rugby program in the world.With the odd acception of Rory, however he is mildly corrupted himself.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 17:14

leo and toner are two fantastic players that have both played a pivital role in leinster's season...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 17:22

hugo124 wrote:. All the Ulster fans, have been corrupted by BBC 1 NI
That actually did make me laugh hahahaha. You've managed to wind urself up through your efforts of winding the others up. no mean feat
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 17:37

[quote="hugo124"]
Gibson wrote:He's a fiesty little newbie Leinster fan, that Hugo eh? Or one of dem young knowitall Ulster fans?

If I were to review all the Irish posters on the forum, I would have to say I would rank you highly.
You watch everyone comment, wait a while and then post a big load of bull sh*t that no one is bothered to read so no one argues with you.I applaud you for that, sincerely.
I think apart from me obviously, I would probably rank Kunu the highest.Eirebilly is ok, a bit annoying but acceptable.All the Ulster fans, have been corrupted by BBC 1 NI, the most biasest rugby program in the world.With the odd acception of Rory, however he is mildly corrupted himself.

Laugh

Man, you wont last long.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:00

Not long to go to the 'return of BOD' Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:02

cant wait
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:03

Nor can i Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:06

Looking forward to it

...but I pray it's back to a game we can say "that's what we mean when we say Ireland could do things differently". We talked it up that there is an alternative way. Now the provinces have to get back on track and prove it, week in and week out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:09

I just hope that he gets through unscathed to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 18:11

I cannot wait for this game.I am going to really enjoy it.I will look at the TV for many hours and watch the game.Hopefully I will watch the game many,many times.Maybe I will watch the players individually, so I enjoy it many,many times.Happy Easter.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next