The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

+42
debaters1
BlueNote
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
westisbest
The Great Aukster
Rava
Liam
ME-109
Breadvan
Knowsit17
Standulstermen
Cymroglan
thebluesmancometh
Scoped
mckay1402
jay_welsh
Morgannwg
wales606
Biltong
kunu
hugo124
Taylorman
SecretFly
dublin_dave
asoreleftshoulder
glamorganalun
geoff999rugby
Shifty
maestegmafia
BlueMuff
Mickado
eirebilly
LeinsterFan4life
Cari
Golden
Gibson
PenfroPete
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
gowales
pete (buachaill on eirne)
46 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 2 Empty Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 20 Mar - 11:49

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Thanks god club rugby is back (from an Irish perspective!) needed this.

Seems to be a lot happening Leinster's side of things, with BOD looking like he will come back into the team and the same being said for Cullen. Huge experience re-entering the team after youth has been keeping us more than just a float for a number of months. Very healthy to see. It will interesting to see where they slot in and (if they are on the bench as I imagine they will) who they will be paired with.

Thorn also looks set to make his Leinster debut giving the 3 players mentioned a run up of this game and the Munster derby in Thomond to the HCup 1/4 final.

From an Ospreys side of things, munster losing to Aironi a week back has given them a huge lifeline and they now have a chance to fight for 2nd place and a home semifinal which would prove invaluable I am sure. Bowe has decided he is leaving and there does seem to be an exodus of sorts coming from the Wlesh clubs who together have created a fantastic Grand slam winning team? Will anyone come back from that squad and play a part on Friday.

What are your score perdictions?
What team would you like to see?
If Ospreys were to win how big an impact could it have on the top 3?
Where can either team win it?

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Nathan White
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Damian Browne
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Eoin O'Malley
23: Fionn Carr

OSPREYS:

15: Richard Fussell
14: Hanno Dirksen
13: Andrew Bishop
12: Ashley Beck
11: Eli Walker
10: Dan Biggar
9: Kahn Fotuali'i

1: Paul James
2: Richard Hibbard
3: Aaron Jarvis
4: Ryan Jones
5: Alun Wyn Jones CAPTAIN
6: Tom Smith
7: Justin Tipuric
8: George Stowers

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Scott Baldwin
17: Ryan Bevington
18: Adam Jones
19: Ian Evans
20: James King
21: Rhys Webb
22: Matthew Morgan
23: Tom Isaacs

As an aside: I have 1 southstand ticket to the game for sale. €22. PM if you're interested.

Last edited by pete (buachaill on eirne) on Thu 22 Mar - 12:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 16:07

Mickado wrote:They lost to Ulster

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/13304.php
The game before last. Less than a month ago too.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster vs Ospreys match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster vs Ospreys match thread

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:18

Cheers Mikado.

Was looking good for us for the clean sweep. I forgot about the narrow Ulster loss. Well should be a cracker of a match anyway.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 16:20

maestegmafia wrote:

Cheers Mikado.

Was looking good for us for the clean sweep. I forgot about the narrow Ulster loss. Well should be a cracker of a match anyway.
Hope so. Will you travel?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:21

Here are a few words from our camp...!

Justin Tuperic wrote:"I'm available for selection for the Leinster match but we don't know what the team is yet. I don't expect to just walk back in, there's good competition in the back row.

"We did well against Ulster and we were a bit unlucky against Glasgow but hopefully we can put in a performance against Leinster. Hopefully, we can get iton the playoffs. The aim is to win the Rab Direct Pro 12 but to start off, we must set our sights on the playoffs and if we get in those positions, then we'll go from there."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 16:24

Here's a few from ours.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/play/media/id/11250

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 21 Mar - 16:31

I'm really hoping Leinster rest their international contingent after the 6 Nations, but I doubt it somehow.

I think the Ospreys could get a real hiding up there after the preformances of recent weeks.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 16:35

AlynDavies wrote:I'm really hoping Leinster rest their international contingent after the 6 Nations, but I doubt it somehow.

I think the Ospreys could get a real hiding up there after the preformances of recent weeks.

Kearney
D'Arcy
Sexton
O'Brien
Heaslip
Ross
Healy

Will not play.

Reddan possible but unlikely.

McFadden & Cronin will be the only 6n guys in there.

Bad news is that Bod is back, and Brad Thorn is locked in a cage eating raw meat.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:43

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Cheers Mikado.

Hope so. Will you travel?

I would love to as it is also a dear friend of mine, and a die hard Leinster fans, Birthday but unfortunately I have some work preoccupations that will keep me consumed this side of the Celtic Sea.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:45

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:I'm really hoping Leinster rest their international contingent after the 6 Nations, but I doubt it somehow.

Kearney
D'Arcy
Sexton
O'Brien
Heaslip
Ross
Healy

Will not play.

Reddan possible but unlikely.

McFadden & Cronin will be the only 6n guys in there.

Bad news is that Bod is back, and Brad Thorn is locked in a cage eating raw meat.

Aye but your back ups aren't to shabby though are they?

Is that Kid Eoin O'Malley going to be starting, he is a whippet, a future Ireland international.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 16:49

maestegmafia wrote:

Aye but your back ups aren't to shabby though are they?

Is that Kid Eoin O'Malley going to be starting, he is a whippet, a future Ireland international.

I reckon he will be in midfield with his mate McFadden

Van Der Merwe
Strauss
White
Thorn
Toner
McLaughlin
Jennings
Avua'a

Boss
Madigan
Fitzgerald
McFadden
O'Malley
D Kearney
Nacewa

Cronin
McGrath
Hagan
Cullen/Browne
Ruddock
Cooney
Berquist
O'Driscoll

Would be my preference. But your old mate Ruddock will probably feature at 8 (I prefer him at 6 he's muck at 8)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:56

Jesus...! Thats not a bad side...

I am not sure who we will have, whether Adam Jones will be rested or not I guess would be the key, though the other osprey internationals should be fresh enough..

James
Hibbard
Jarvis/Rees
AW Jones
I Evans
Smith
Tuperic (c)
R Jones/Stowers/Thomas

Webb
Biggar
Dirksen
Ashley Beck
Andrew Bishop
Eli Walker
Jones

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 16:57

Is that a possible rather senior Mr O'Driscoll sneaking on the edge of your bench there...?

I hear a rumour he was about to make a comeback, unfortunately a few weeks to late for Ireland.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Mar - 17:12

maestegmafia wrote:Is that a possible rather senior Mr O'Driscoll sneaking on the edge of your bench there...?

I hear a rumour he was about to make a comeback, unfortunately a few weeks to late for Ireland.
It's been an open secret for almost a month now that he would bench for this game.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 17:14

Well good luck to him it would be great to see him playing rather than not.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 21 Mar - 19:27

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

I would say all the Welsh lads will be on the lash after their GS anyway. Dunno about Tommeh. Are you only coming over if he plays? Smile

Would love to Jenny, but I'm in Europe. I'll be watching from afar...UP THE O'S!!!!! king

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 21 Mar - 21:12

Yep every Welsh team has lost at Ravenhill Very Happy

Then again Ulster have lost every games in Wales Crying or Very sad

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 21:20

geoff999rugby wrote:Yep every Welsh team has lost at Ravenhill Very Happy

Then again Ulster have lost every games in Wales Crying or Very sad
Its a tight league mate...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 21 Mar - 22:07

I believe the Ospreys will be putting out a strong team, I suspect Adam could be the only one rested on the bench. The Ospreys will rest players against the Italians next week. Maesteg's team is likely to be very close to Tandy' team. Could be a cracker.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Mar - 22:40

Lets just hope we can keep the card and penalty count down in defence.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 10:40

I presume the teams are announced today on this lads?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 22 Mar - 12:13

Leinster team to face the Ospreys...
The Leinster team to face the Ospreys in Friday night's RaboDirect PRO12 clash in the RDS (KO: 7.05pm) has been named...
Brian O'Driscoll will make his first appearance for the province after making significant progress in recent weeks following injury and he will partner fellow Ireland international Fergus McFadden at centre for the visit of the Welsh side.

Isaac Boss links up with Ian Madigan at half back with David Kearney forming a lively back three alongside Luke Fitzgerald - who is set to make his 99th provincial appearance - and full-back Isa Nacewa.

Up front, Leo Cullen will captain the side for the first time since January after recovering from Achilles surgery and he will lock down with All Black World Cup winner Brad Thorn who makes his debut after signing a short-term deal with the province recently.

Rhys Ruddock joins fellow Leinster Academy graduate Dominic Ryan as well as number eight Leo Auva'a in the back-row.

Sean Cronin is one of eight Irish qualified players named on the bench including the likes of Kevin McLaughlin and Eoin O'Malley.

Ticket sales for Friday's game have passed the 17,300 mark and are still on sale ONLINE HERE, the Leinster Rugby Store (Donnybrook), Spar (Donnybrook) as well as Ticketmaster outlets nationwide. Supporters are advised to use public transport as there are a number of other functions taking place around the RDS.

Meanwhile, there are just 24 hours left for Season Ticket Holders who wish to renew to keep their seats for 2012/13 season. Already over 6,300 supporters have renewed for next season and to renew just log into your account on www.leinsterrugby.ie and choose the payment option.

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: David Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Nathan White
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Brad Thorn
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Damian Browne
20: Kevin McLaughlin
21: John Cooney
22: Eoin O'Malley
23: Fionn Carr

OSPREYS:

15: Richard Fussell
14: Hanno Dirksen
13: Andrew Bishop
12: Ashley Beck
11: Eli Walker
10: Dan Biggar
9: Kahn Fotuali'i

1: Paul James
2: Richard Hibbard
3: Aaron Jarvis
4: Ryan Jones
5: Alun Wyn Jones CAPTAIN
6: Tom Smith
7: Justin Tipuric
8: George Stowers

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Scott Baldwin
17: Ryan Bevington
18: Adam Jones
19: Ian Evans
20: James King
21: Rhys Webb
22: Matthew Morgan
23: Tom Isaacs

REFEREE: Peter Fitzgibbon (IRFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Simon McDowell, Olly Hodges (both IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Gary Glennon (Leinster Rugby Referees), 5th OFFICIAL: Dan Wallace (Leinster Rugby Referees), TMO: Alan Rogan (IRFU)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Mar - 12:28

The Return of the Mighty BOD

This looks interesting, two good teams there. I think Leinster have the edge on us but there are a few good lads in our team that will be hungry for a win over the Big Boys of the Rabbo mixed with some old heads like Alun Wynn, Hibbs and James.

Asheley Beck will be keen to continue where he left off and impress further on the Welsh selectors.

Cant Wait...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 22 Mar - 12:28

Love it,love ,love it Yahoo

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 12:36

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 12:38

Every Irish person should hope McFadden has a beaut of a game. He has this game to prove why he should face Munster instead of Darcy he really needs to take it

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 13:05

Savage team. Savage.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 13:36

McFadden back in the centre, O’Driscoll’s return, Thorn’s (full) Debut, Cullen’s return, Ryan’s first start since October.

Reasons to be cheerful.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 22 Mar - 13:39

I reckon the game might sell out. (May not be full though due to season ticket holders not all showing up) Only a few hundred tickets left.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 13:46

A load of people who’ve been jaded by international rugby turning up for a bit of atmosphere and to watch a team that could find their arse in the dark.

Yeah, I can see it selling out alright.

Our group (4) of us, there’s 3 going and one passing on his ticket to a fella’s who’s never been before. always good to spread the word.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 22 Mar - 14:16

Mickado wrote: to watch a team that couldn't find their arse in the dark.
Fixed that for you 'Kado - I presume you were talking about the O's Rolling Eyes
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 22 Mar - 14:20

Apart from the obvious I'm also delighted to see Luke Fitz starting,hope he can get his form back to what it was before Christmas,he was really starting to light games up.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 14:23

PenfroPete wrote:
Mickado wrote: to watch a team that couldn't find their arse in the dark.
Fixed that for you 'Kado - I presume you were talking about the O's Rolling Eyes

This time last year we were licking our lips at potentially blowing the O’s off the park in the RDS, think we just managed to scrape it.

Not expecting fireworks Pete!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 15:00

I'd quite like some fireworks if its not too much bother please!

Been looking at so much dull and depressing grey over the last month and a bit.

Great to be fielding such a strong side of returning guys. Bodes well for the next month or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Thu 22 Mar - 15:32

whose this o driscoll lad????'

leinster by 15. strong side. big game for mc fadden against another very big fast welsh 12. Good to see Fitzy back in the side. He would have been an asset in the 6 nations.

Looking forward to a tough game hopefully a good leinster win and performand and a game which is not followed by a post mortem with 900replys on here wondering what the hell is going on

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 22 Mar - 15:40

A key choice, lost in the excitement of Leo, BOD and Thorn in the side. Yahoo

Dom Ryan at 7. Lets hope he and POM are given more and more chances like this and are turned into out and out 7's for their provinces and Ireland. The international days of Jennings, Wally and Leamy are over. I hope. Love Jenno but its best to let DR come through now. Leamy is a waste of space now and Wally is near 40. Its past time for change.

Still reckon this will be close lads. O's look strong enough to give some of our rusty players a hard time. We have a relatively new backrow unit out there. May take the 2nd half to get going, to hopefully win it. These game are always close.

Backs look deadly though. Bet it's an 18,500 sellout. Then Munster next week... Then Blues in the HC QF (going). Oooohh get me a grape.

I'll be watching it with an O's fan from de Diff...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 15:51

Gibson wrote:A key choice, lost in the excitement of Leo, BOD and Thorn in the side. Yahoo

Dom Ryan at 7. Lets hope he and POM are given more and more chances like this and are turned into out and out 7's for their provinces and Ireland. The international days of Jennings, Wally and Leamy are over. I hope. Love Jenno but its best to let DR come through now. Leamy is a waste of space now and Wally is near 40. Its past time for change.

Still reckon this will be close lads. O's look strong enough to give some of our rusty players a hard time. We have a relatively new backrow unit out there. May take the 2nd half to get going, to hopefully win it. These game are always close.

Backs look deadly though. Bet it's an 18,500 sellout. Then Munster next week... Then Blues in the HC QF (going). Oooohh get me a grape.

I'll be watching it with an O's fan from de Diff...

Good point Gibbo. OK
It is a largely 2nd choice backrow but they are individually pretty handy.
Ryan I nearly rate more than Ruddock at this stage I must say I've been very disappointed by Ruddock this season.

Can Ryan become a genuine 7?

He is fast enough.
He does have the ball handling skill
He is good on the floor
He is a great tackler and carrier

He will need to work on link play
He will need to work on following the ball
He will need to gain experience in big match situations

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 16:16

When Ryan came onto the scene last year he looked like a proper 7 to me, now he looks much bigger. I don’t know, I don’t really buy into this “you need a groundhog” thing, my rule of thumb is that if George Hook says it, it must be wrong. He is definitely good enough to play at 7 for us for a long time, but is he a “classic 7”, probably not.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 16:21

I'm with you there Mick. Tbh I really thought SOB started looking very good at 7. He did his work at the breakdown really well but more importantly he was improving very quickly.

I was really impressed with Ryan last year, don't think I will ever forget that amazing tackle he made on ROugerie last year in Clermont. That was outstanding. I think he has always played better at 7 than at 6 (when playing with Jenno on very rare occassion). He isn't a "classic" number 7 but he is pretty good, very young and has bags of potential.

Hope he comes through the end of what has been a very frustrating season for him well. By the sounds of it he is a very hard worker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 16:29

That tackle was on Malzieu i think*. But either way, it was one of the best tackles you'd see all year.

*perhaps our resident ubernerd can clear that up for us Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 22 Mar - 16:34

He has a great mentor Pete. Delighted he is playing there tbh. And would like to see him replace Jenno on merit. 1st game in months, so lets cut him some slack tomorrow. I just think its a statement of intent from Schmidt. McLaughlin is starting to get back to a level, when he was ahead of SOB not so long ago. I hope he continues it off the bench.

I also dont rate Ruddock. Haven't seen one really decent game from him yet. Would not be upset if he moved to another province. Auva'a, is well worth the time. Always in the thick of it and a really strong ball carrier.

Toners omission is strange. He's been having his best season so far. Browne obviously needs the game time. Want to see McGrath & Hagan used a lot more in the PRO12 next year too. We need to find out sooner rather than later - if they are up to it. Only one way to find out. We will lose VDM and White soon. Strauss is IQ this year btw. Interesting to see what happens there. Want to see Cronin nail it. Strauss is class backup and had been the better of the 2 up till now. Not any more. Cronin has really upped it.

Madigan is the biz. They have him kicking now - at last. I wonder will they let him do it in a key game? Probably not. Isa and/or McFadden Id say. Both 90% plus kickers. Kicking richness.

Carr in the 22 instead of Conway? Joe is spreading the love...

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 22 Mar - 16:49; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Thu 22 Mar - 16:47

ruddock is a solid player but a bit one paced - ideal for munster Very Happy

Madigan is a very good prospect but still behind Sexton. Do not see the need to shunt Sexton to 12 at all. Sexton is a fly half who has copped flack for playing in an utterly rudderless international team. He has been outstanding for Leinster. Having said that if Madigan does oust Johnny in the coming years well and good.

I have seen no evidence that Sexton is a better 12 than Mc Fadden even Luke Fitz for that matter. I think Fitz could end up going back to centre. Our needs are greater their with D Kearney and Conway to come through in the back 3

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 22 Mar - 16:58

Oh no Dave, JS stays where he is. I love the lad. Watched his whole career develop. He's da man. But Madigan will push him. All good.
Dont want to talk about Ireland. Sexton mis-used. Whole feicin team mis-used. It will only get me going again. Not talking Ireland again till Kidney leaves...

I also have a strong feeling we may lose JS to France for 2 years - when his contract comes up. In one more year is it? Luke hasn't re-signed yet either. I pray they both do but...

Ah they will. Whats the point of going to 2nd-rate European sides like Toulon, Stade, ASM or Toulouse anyway? zen

That will come back to bite me in de orse...

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 22 Mar - 17:14

Mickado wrote:That tackle was on Malzieu i think*. But either way, it was one of the best tackles you'd see all year.

*perhaps our resident ubernerd can clear that up for us Wink

I know thats not me... but, it was Malzieu. Man. Was at that game and the atmosphere was unreal. Couldnt hear properly for an hour after it. Noise was deafening. Great club. Great fans. We could have won that day. O Malley was brilliant. As was Ryan. They all were. We may need it again soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-L0iFxCf02o#t=448s

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 22 Mar - 17:29

That was as good as we played all year. If Jennno hadn't made that double movement we could well have won it. The build up was sensational play.

Apparently Darcy CAN play rugby... Well I never...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Mar - 18:02

Planet Rugby wrote:Brian O'Driscoll will make his much-awaited return to the Leinster starting XV against the Ospreys in Friday's Pro12 clash at the RDS.

O'Driscoll will make his first appearance for the province after making significant progress in recent weeks following injury and he will partner fellow Ireland international Fergus McFadden in midfield.

Up front, Leo Cullen will captain the side for the first time since January after recovering from Achilles surgery and he will lock down with All Black World Cup winner Brad Thorn, who makes his debut after signing a short-term deal with the province recently.

Isaac Boss links up with Ian Madigan in the half-back combination with David Kearney forming a lively back three alongside Luke Fitzgerald - who is set to make his 99th provincial appearance - and full-back Isa Nacewa.

Rhys Ruddock joins fellow Leinster Academy graduate Dominic Ryan as well as number eight Leo Auva'a in the back-row.

Sean Cronin is one of eight Irish qualified players named on the bench including the likes of Kevin McLaughlin and Eoin O'Malley.

Meanwhile, Ian Evans will make his 100th Ospreys appearance if he comes off the bench.

"It's good to be able to welcome back our internationals on the back of their Grand Slam success, and we'll be looking for them to bring that buzz back with them to the region," said Ospreys Head Coach Steve Tandy.

"We're proud of what they've achieved with Wales, to have 11 boys involved in the Grand Slam is something special, but it's important now that everyone focuses on the remaining five games of the regular season and the battle for the play-offs.

"Leinster away is always a big ask. Their home record in this competition speaks for itself so we know what to expect out there. But, we've won there before and there are plenty of players in this group with that experience to fall back on so although we are still a pretty young group, we believe in each other and our own ability.

"After a disappointing performance last time out it's important that we show the right attitude. It's really tight in and around the play-off spots and things are likely to change after every weekend now, so we just have to go out and do what we need to do and not worry about anything else."

Form: Leinster's incredible unbeaten run continues and now stands at 20 matches in all competitions - comfortably the best run by any top-flight Irish side since the game turned professional in 1995. The Leinstermen have not lost since Glasgow visited the RDS in the RaboDirect PRO12 on 17 September, and won 23-19. Ospreys have slipped to back to back defeats against Ulster and Glasgow but have not lost three in a row in the competition since May 2008. Ospreys 14-15 defeat in Ulster on 24 February was their first loss to an Irish province this season. Leinster have won just one of their last four encounters with Ospreys: 15-10 at the RDS in this equivalent fixture last season.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 22 Mar - 18:29

The back row unit is the one for the B&I Cup v Munster on Good Friday.

That means they can play 80 this week and rest next week. (also gives them a run together)

Jamie, Seanie, Kev, and Jeno are our HC back row and they will be there for the next 2 weeks.

Kev will be a sub for either Brad or Leo, or a break glass in case of emergency sub for the back row.

Browne will replace whichever of Brad or Leo need a break first.

It all comes together like a well orchestrated porn movie. (I'm told)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 22 Mar - 18:32

Leinster 35 (ok so only the 5 tries ) Ospreys 8
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 22 Mar - 18:36

PenfroPete wrote:Leinster 35 (ok so only the 5 tries ) Ospreys 8
Ospreys by 5

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Mar - 18:42

O's Coach Steve Tandy wrote:It’s good to be able to welcome back our internationals on the back of their Grand Slam success, and we’ll be looking for them to bring that buzz back with them to the region. We’re proud of what they’ve achieved with Wales, to have 11 boys involved in the Grand Slam is something special, but it’s important now that everyone focuses on the remaining five games of the regular season and the battle for the play-offs.

“Leinster away is always a big ask. Their home record in this competition speaks for itself so we know what to expect out there. But, we’ve won there before and there are plenty of players in this group with that experience to fall back on so although we are still a pretty young group, we believe in each other and our own ability.

“After a disappointing performance last time out it’s important that we show the right attitude. It’s really tight in and around the play-off spots and things are likely to change after every weekend now, so we just have to go out and do what we need to do and not worry about anything else.

“After Leinster we’ve got Treviso home, and the first chance for our fans to come out in numbers to acknowledge the Grand Slam success and a fantastic Osprey in Adam Jones on his first game at the Liberty since signing a new two-year contract last month, so we’ll expect a good crowd turning out to back us. The reality of the situation is we’ll need to be entirely focussed again, as we will every game, know our roles, get our jobs right and ensure we keep moving towards a semi-final place. The fans will have a part to play in that in the closing weeks of the season, giving us the backing we need to get over the line.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/swansea-ospreys/2012/03/22/ospreys-include-six-nations-stars-ryan-jones-alun-wyn-jones-and-justin-tipuric-for-leinster-trip-91466-30602501/#ixzz1ps9rTLjg

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 22 Mar - 19:15

Gibson wrote:He has a great mentor Pete. Delighted he is playing there tbh. And would like to see him replace Jenno on merit. 1st game in months, so lets cut him some slack tomorrow. I just think its a statement of intent from Schmidt. McLaughlin is starting to get back to a level, when he was ahead of SOB not so long ago. I hope he continues it off the bench.

I also dont rate Ruddock. Haven't seen one really decent game from him yet. Would not be upset if he moved to another province. Auva'a, is well worth the time. Always in the thick of it and a really strong ball carrier.

Toners omission is strange. He's been having his best season so far. Browne obviously needs the game time. Want to see McGrath & Hagan used a lot more in the PRO12 next year too. We need to find out sooner rather than later - if they are up to it. Only one way to find out. We will lose VDM and White soon. Strauss is IQ this year btw. Interesting to see what happens there. Want to see Cronin nail it. Strauss is class backup and had been the better of the 2 up till now. Not any more. Cronin has really upped it.

Madigan is the biz. They have him kicking now - at last. I wonder will they let him do it in a key game? Probably not. Isa and/or McFadden Id say. Both 90% plus kickers. Kicking richness.

Carr in the 22 instead of Conway? Joe is spreading the love...

Gibbo-love it! OK

Agree that McL has been improving steadily and is well ahead of Ruddock and Ryan right now. hope Ryan can get a good few games in this season but think it may be a it late unless we win tomorrow and against Munster in which case we are pretty much safe.

Like I said, Ruddock has been a huge disappointment read today though that he loves Leinster and plans on staying as long as he can. Fair play to him hope he can start to fulfill more of his potential. Avuav'a is having a great 6 months or so. Serious kudos to him. how old is he?

Toner is out because he has been flogged now for a while, he's played 80mins in a lot of games. I am now a huge fan of his after not being so sold on him before. Jury is still out and will be for a while on McGrath and Hagan. Hagan less so. Wouldn't agree that Cronin has overtaken Strauss yet but the gap has closed I'd say.

Glad to see Madigan has done some kicking in the last while, think he kicked well against Treviso was it? He has a serious future ahead.

Have had mixed feeling re: Carr this season. Not sure it was a great call from his perspective to move here but maybe he is learning a lot in training.

Yeah I can Sexton, luke, jaime and maybe a few others wanting to take a year or two or three away somewhere, probably France. Definitely not England or any other pro 12 team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next