The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez "Too Good" for Martinez

+4
oxring
manos de piedra
JabMachineMK2
d260005p
8 posters

Go down

Chavez "Too Good" for Martinez Empty Chavez "Too Good" for Martinez

Post by d260005p Thu 29 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

This has just come out of Freddie Roaches mouth @ www.boxingscene.com.

He states that Maklin "exposed" Martinez and that Chavez would simply be too good.

Thoughts?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Chavez "Too Good" for Martinez Empty Re: Chavez "Too Good" for Martinez

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

Lets see them fight and find out!

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

He says he would be too strong for Martinez, which is a litle different to too good as my understanding goes. Basically implying he thinks Chavez size and physicality at the weight would be the key to victory rather than his actual skills.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

Laugh
Cheers Freddie, made my day that.

I reckon Manny would be too quick for Mayweather (I don't btw). So lets pretend that they've fought, (with Manny winning by some reasonable margin, I don't know - by say a first round KO?) and give Manny the rankings boost accordingly.

This is a great idea, saves a lot of people getting hurt in the ring.

Next up, why Audley Harrison beats Wladimir Klitschko. We should award him the HW title accordingly.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

I dunno it's not like he's saying Chavez would be too strong for him hence they shouldn't fight. Sounds like he wants the fight. Whether Chavez himself or Bob Arum fancy it is a different matter.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

Team Chavez talk a good one, I'll give them that. Just a shame they'll never bother to actually put Chavez Jr in the ring with Martinez so that we can all see it for ourselves.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

To be fair to Roach, he says he wants the fight. I think the headline is a bit misleading as it implies Roach is saying its not worth Chavez' while to fight Martinez because hes too good for him.

He actually just says he thinks Chavez would simply be too strong but he would like to the match up take place or alternatively an all Mexican showdown with Alvarez.

I actually dont think anything he says is overly controversial, especially in the context of boxing.

He basically says Martinez is good, but not great and the Macklin fight highlighted this.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

manos de piedra wrote:To be fair to Roach, he says he wants the fight. I think the headline is a bit misleading as it implies Roach is saying its not worth Chavez' while to fight Martinez because hes too good for him.

He actually just says he thinks Chavez would simply be too strong but he would like to the match up take place or alternatively an all Mexican showdown with Alvarez.

I actually dont think anything he says is overly controversial, especially in the context of boxing.

He basically says Martinez is good, but not great and the Macklin fight highlighted this.

Chavez Jr will be too big against a small middleweight so there's no point in making the fight... Yet he's happy for Chavez Jr to fight a small JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT? Am I the only person who is not understanding this?

Someone needs to place Freddy "the joke coach" Roach in a frigging home...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

School Project wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:To be fair to Roach, he says he wants the fight. I think the headline is a bit misleading as it implies Roach is saying its not worth Chavez' while to fight Martinez because hes too good for him.

Chavez Jr will be too big against a small middleweight so there's no point in making the fight... Yet he's happy for Chavez Jr to fight a small JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT? Am I the only person who is not understanding this?

Someone needs to place Freddy "the joke coach" Roach in a frigging home...

Where does Roach say he doesnt want the fight? He specifically says he would like for Chavez to fight Martinez.

All he has basically done is say Martinez is beatable and he thinks Chavez would be too strong for him. He didnt say anywhere that there is no point making the fight. Quite the opposite. He said its a fight he hopes get made.

With regards Alvarez he just says that an all Mexican showdown between the two would be a massive financial fight and another fight he would like to see happen if Top Rank and Golden Boy can make it happen.

I honestly didnt see anything in there that Roach said that was outrageous in the slightest unless a trainer tipping their own fighter to win is deemed unacceptable.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:25 pm

Step up to the plate then, Chavez is garbage and he is not going to shut up the doubters until he proves us otherwise!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down