The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers)

+41
Celtic Warrior
Bluebird_ccfc
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
JoshSansom
TwisT
ncfc_Tooze
psycho-gooner
owen10ozzy
The_Enigma
Ché Guerrero
Liam
I Blame Coco
Fellaini25
hodge
Thomond
talkingpoint
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
bretmeharty
JamesLincs
James_182
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gregers
Crimey
Beer
Paul Mac 6CW
Hero
Uryu Ishida
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Marky
The Best in the World
Mr H
Adam D
SportOfWrestling
RinoGattuso
Dr Gregory House MD
The Awesome Giz
DDT
statiksupernova
HitmanOwl
Stonee21
45 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers)

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:00 am

First topic message reminder :

How to start this thread off?

What can I say?

HHH v Taker was epic. One of the best I have ever seen. It had it all, the story, the near falls, the brutal chair shots. What a match!

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Wrestlemaina Spoiler

Post by bretmeharty Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

Aside from a couple of good matches, like last year wrestlemania was poor. Where were the interviews and skits to build tension and intensity to matches. Again like last year it had a lack of that vibe which should come with wrestlemaina. The music added nothing to the show, It might be great for the live crowd to experience that but it didnt hold me watching it.

Will HHH and Steph be as this obsessed with getting scraps from any mainstream outlet as Vince is once he's gone.

The answer is yes Rolling Eyes

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers)

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

Watched it live and it was proberly the best thing i have ever seen on TV. It was amazing

Shaemus vs Daniel Bryan - Ill throw my hands up and admit when this happend i laughed my ass off. But thinking about it what the hell have the wwe done. 2 up and coming stars to show glimpses of the future and it lasts 4 seconds cant work out why they have done it. I guess D Bryan will dump AJ as a result of it i guess.

Kane vs Randy Orton - A very good match up. Im happy Kane won clean and i think this feud will continue for a couple more months. I think Orton deserves a big match at Mania next year.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show - Good to see Cody get a mania match and perform in a good match. Shame Big Show won.

Divas match - Break

Undertaker vs HHH - Ten out of Ten match. Simply amazing. It really did have everything. I also enjoyed the bit at the end when all 3 superstars were walking out together. I wonder where this leaves all 3. I recon there all done.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy - Poor ending. Why let Eve steal the spotlight. So is Teddy going to come off TV now? Is Johnny still interm?

Chris Jericho vs CM Punk - Superb match. I expected this to steal the show but i thought it was 3rd best because the other 2 were just amazing. Still great match and i wonder if the feud is over between the 2. I know Jericho is off again soon anyway.

The Rock vs John Cena. Year in the making. Year well worth it. What a match. I went mental when the rock won woke up the house, appolgies been accepted this morning as i think everyone is buzzing that the rock has won. Big question where does Cena go from here?

Thank you WWE best ppv i have ever watched. Hopefully a decent 2012 in store this year

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers) - Page 2 Empty A legend (Mania Spoiler)

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

What's all the hate towards the rock? He's earnt the right to win last night,he's paved the way for guys like cena to make a name for himself.

If it was any other guy they would have jumped at the chance to face the rock and lose. The rock is a legend and some say the greatest of all time.

Personally I think Cena has more to play with going forward and has gain more respect for laying down. In many respects I reckon he's gained a fair more fans after last night.

I wonder how many people would have laid down infront of 78,000 fans in there hometown?

Didn't like how Cena mocked the rock when he went for the peoples elbow,very childish imo.

Nice stiff closeline aswell Sad

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlemania Thoughts/Reviews (Obviously includes spoilers)

Post by talkingpoint Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

I thought Wrestle Mania 28 was a very good PPV and definitely a worthy Wrestle Mania PPV. It was better than last year's imo.

D Bryan getting squashed was genuinely shocking, it was disappointing that Bryan didn't get to perform at Mania but I'm glad Sheamus won.

Kane beating Orton clean was a big upset for me, I fully expected Orton to pull an RKO out of somewhere and beat Kane. I'm glad Kane got the win - he needed a win to remain a genuine 'monster' and this way Orton can get a rematch. I thought the match was alright, it grew on me and I liked the ending with the choke slam from the second rope.

Big Show beating Rhodes was the wrong decision imo and the emotionalism Big Show showed was unnecessary - 1. it was for the IC title and 2. Rhodes isn't a marquee name yet.

The HIAC match was amazing - HHH actually using the sledgehammer properly and viciously not just 'threatening' to use it was brilliant and I was marking out every time HHH got a near fall. However, I really think the Streak should have ended when HBK hit SCM on Taker followed by HHH applying the pedigree. I was marking out big time and was disappointed as it seemed like the perfect end. In fact I think it was at that near fall where there was a botch as HBK actually counted 3 and Taker kicked out a 4! I was a little angry HHH wasn't allowed to take the streak. The ending was poor imo - they stole a page right out of the Taker/HBK II match at WM26 - HHH showing defiance before Taker powered up and got the win. It made no sense to me either the way Taker then slumped on the mat rolling around like last year - he dominated the last 5 minutes of the match! I felt it was an anti-climax HHH losing clean for a second year in a row. I thought the ending didn't live up the 'end of an era' tagline. But saying that the match itself was very entertaining with just the right amount of kick outs, spots, weapons and finishers.

Team Jonny v Team Teddy - enjoyed this, especially Ziggler's overselling and bumps, he is fantastic. Santino and Ryder got to showcase themselves but absolutely no need for Eve to steal the thunder at the end.

CM Punk v Jericho was a superb match. This was the match I was most looking forward to from a wrestling point of view and it didn't disappoint. The two were very evenly matched with Punk taking some hard bumps and both men showcasing their submission wrestling skills. I really liked the reversals at the end and Jericho looked like he was going to win at several points, which I think was great. The ending was fitting with the way Punk won via anaconda vice. I'd give it a 9/10.

I actually really enjoyed the performances before Cena and Rock came out - I thought it added to the 'spectacle' of the main event and made it feel special. The match was decent, not quite on the level of MITB with Punk in Chicago but good nonetheless. I did feel the atmosphere was somewhat lost in an open air venue. I think if it had been indoors the crowd would have sounded far louder and more rabid. Saying that though I have a feeling the crowd were not as partisan as they were in Chicago for two reasons 1. it was Mania so there were loads of people from all across America and around the world and 2. it was Miami and not Chicago - Chicago is a wrestling hotbed. The Rock winning clean was a surprise and stole biggest upset from the Kane/Orton match for me. I thought they were teasing a Cena heel turn at the end though with his half-hearted attempt at the people's elbow?!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

cody rhodes will almost certainly be a world champion come the end of the year

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

I haven't watched wrestling since I was 7 or so but with the Rock on show I took a look. It is really a bit of a soap opera to be honest, some of the stuff was ridiculous, fairly enjoyable and it was great to see the Rock back.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:What's all the hate towards the rock? He's earnt the right to win last night,he's paved the way for guys like cena to make a name for himself.

If it was any other guy they would have jumped at the chance to face the rock and lose. The rock is a legend and some say the greatest of all time.

Personally I think Cena has more to play with going forward and has gain more respect for laying down. In many respects I reckon he's gained a fair more fans after last night.

I wonder how many people would have laid down infront of 78,000 fans in there hometown?

Didn't like how Cena mocked the rock when he went for the peoples elbow,very childish imo.

Nice stiff closeline aswell Sad

Give him a break mate, I thought it was funny and fit into the storyline, Cena had run out of ideas and you could see what was coming a mile off, so no problem.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

And Rock had mocked Cena by doing 'you can't see me' before one of his punches

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

If would have been mark out moment if cena beat rock with the people's elbow

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

Haha fair play,probably true. Just seem heelish but I guess it fitted in well within the match. I bash Cena all the time but over the last year or so he's gained my respect,props for laying down like a man.

Mania delivered for me Wink

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

Can't believe they did that to Bryan! he was so over with the crowd as well, Sheamus-Bryan would've been a very good match. Annoyed that this was first as well, the WHC should not open the show and Sheamus being the RR winner deserves better than the opening match. Hopefully they get a proper re-match, wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened again though.

Kane vs. Randy Orton was actually quite good, I was expecting this to be boring, the buildup to this has been poor. The chokeslam from the second rope was ferocious. Good to see Kane go over, i'd like to see him go on one last monster run through the summer. 7/10

Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes was OK. However this should've been the match sacrificed to save time, not the Bryan-Sheamus match. It would have made a lot more sense, especially as the buildup has been all about Cody embarrassing Big Show at Mania. It was nice to Show finally get a WrestleMania moment, he deserves it. - 6/10

The Undertaker vs. Triple H - wow, brilliant match. Fantastic storytelling wrestling, brutal spots, near falls, Shawn Michaels was brilliant as referee, added so much to the match, the ending with HHH doing the DX chop was great. Hats off to both Taker & HHH true legends. The hug on the ramp was an epic WrestleMania moment. One cristicism though is they should've made better use of the Cell, it was basically a no dq match in a cell. A little bit more claret would have been nice as well. - 9.5/10

Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny wasn't bad, all the wrestlers got a bit of time. 5/10

Dozed off during CM Punk-Chris Jericho Doh Will have to watch it again later.

Great to see Edge back.

The Rock vs. John Cena, well this match was never going to be a technical wrestling classic, but it was a very good match. I really enjoyed it. It did its job very well. I was genuienly shocked and marked out when Rock won. The Rock only wrestling 2/3 matches a year is still the biggest draw in the business. He is simply the best, Cena isn't in his league. It was the right decision for him to win imo. - 8.5/10

Overall I thought it was a good Mania, certainly better than last years.

Couple of random thoughts:
- The live music needs to go. Boring and just kills the crowd.
- The backstage skits were awful, I don't know how anyone over the age of 12 can find them funny.
- The Brodus Clay segment - why? Again just painfully unfunny. Its WrestleMania for gods sake. If they wanted him on the show, they should've put him in the Team Teddy match in place of Khali.
- Disappointed there was no backstage interview with Rocky, his interviews at past Mania' were brilliant.
- Kane-Orton should've been swapped in match order with Team Teddy-Team Johnny, so it would've been dark for Kane's entrance.

Also why are people complaining about no Brock? he was never ever going to get involved in the main event, there was no way there was going to be an interference in the 'biggest match of all time'. It was just a cowpat rumour made up to get some cheap hits on a website.

Raw should be interesting tonight.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Watched it live and it was proberly the best thing i have ever seen on TV. It was amazing

Shaemus vs Daniel Bryan - Ill throw my hands up and admit when this happend i laughed my ass off. But thinking about it what the hell have the wwe done. 2 up and coming stars to show glimpses of the future and it lasts 4 seconds cant work out why they have done it. I guess D Bryan will dump AJ as a result of it i guess.

Kane vs Randy Orton - A very good match up. Im happy Kane won clean and i think this feud will continue for a couple more months. I think Orton deserves a big match at Mania next year.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show - Good to see Cody get a mania match and perform in a good match. Shame Big Show won.

Divas match - Break

Undertaker vs HHH - Ten out of Ten match. Simply amazing. It really did have everything. I also enjoyed the bit at the end when all 3 superstars were walking out together. I wonder where this leaves all 3. I recon there all done.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy - Poor ending. Why let Eve steal the spotlight. So is Teddy going to come off TV now? Is Johnny still interm?

Chris Jericho vs CM Punk - Superb match. I expected this to steal the show but i thought it was 3rd best because the other 2 were just amazing. Still great match and i wonder if the feud is over between the 2. I know Jericho is off again soon anyway.

The Rock vs John Cena. Year in the making. Year well worth it. What a match. I went mental when the rock won woke up the house, appolgies been accepted this morning as i think everyone is buzzing that the rock has won. Big question where does Cena go from here?

Thank you WWE best ppv i have ever watched. Hopefully a decent 2012 in store this year

Did you watch MitB 2011?

I think MitB was better than Mania tbh.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

MITB 2011 was way better than Mania 28 Very Happy

That is the only PPV DVD I had to have recently
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

It felt like Cena was the heel yesterday, he was using heel tactics all the way through the match and he played his role very well. Can see Cena snapping tonight and turning heel

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Mon 02 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Just wondering, did anyone else see Jericho break kayfabe and tap Punk on the head in a "well done mate" sort of way just after he'd made him tap?

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

Just watching Rock-Cena again and along with the many things that were funny last night, with the Foley-Santino damn! segment, Johnny jumping up and down like he'd won the lottery, and on chat where someone made a comment of "Surely Taker can't take anymore" and literally 6 of us all replied with the classic line "He can, and don't call me Shirley", the ref's conversation with the Rock when he was in a bear hug was just gold. REF: Rock, you want me to ring that bell..ROCK: *Out of breath* NO!...REF: He said no!!. I thought that was freakin' hilarious, probably have to watch it to appreciate it Laugh

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

my major problem when watching this is that the emotion and energy that i felt while watching HIAC meant i could not properly watch the rest of the ppv, untill about a third of the way through Jericho vs Punk.

On top of that i had to see Edge crying after the hall of fame segment, again it made me realise i have never been more upset to see someone retire or more pleased that he is getting the credit he deserves. It was cool to see the four horseman go straight to him and shake his hand afterwards

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:38 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:my major problem when watching this is that the emotion and energy that i felt while watching HIAC meant i could not properly watch the rest of the ppv, untill about a third of the way through Jericho vs Punk.

On top of that i had to see Edge crying after the hall of fame segment, again it made me realise i have never been more upset to see someone retire or more pleased that he is getting the credit he deserves. It was cool to see the four horseman go straight to him and shake his hand afterwards

Felt exactly the same with the HIAC. It really was mind blowing. It was 2am and I was as fresh as a daisy, the adrenalin was pumping through my body so much I literally didn't go to sleep until 5am. I got to be honest, I completely marked out when Rock won, really wasn't expecting it at all, brilliant stuff, superb PPV, worth every single penny.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:52 pm

The D.Bryan match was a real WTF moment. Really shocked to see all the hurdles he's had to jump defending his title to loose in 18 seconds flat. 1/10

The Orton/Kane match wasn't bad they can work together, they'll only improve as their storylines develop. It was real nice to see Kane get the upper hand & also win cleanly. 6.5/10

I thought Cody Rhodes was very limited to what he can do working with somebody like the Big Show, Even thought it's nice to see the IC title be defended it still stays with a "big name" which only add value to the title. Big Show's wrestlemania moment really for how the past few years have gone. I predict a short reign with the title. 4/10

The Divas match was pointless tbh... I'm all for letting the Divas have time to put on the match but there were better options that this tag match. Kelly carried the entire match really Beth never really got a chance to do anything. Kelly really upped her game and that flip she did was impressive compared to what she normally pulls out 6/10

Undertaker/HHH match was the best of the night. Fantastic story telling right from the off. Fantastic and brutal match without the need of getting out of the cell. I honestly thought it was over after the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo. It was also nice to see Undertaker actually leaving the match on his own will 10/10

Team Johnny V Team Long was predictable of the outcome which I thought let the match down really. The match itself had a purpose on the card and made sense to include all 12 men even thought other's there didn't really get to do anything. Otunga as captin seemed pointless with the outcome. 6/10 Johnny in that white suite was amazing!

Punk/Y2J match was superb, i thought the whole angle of stright edge was silly to begin with but the video package really hyped up the match and Jerico played on that. Fantastic match as you would expect, i can't wait to see where this one goes 9.5/10

Brodus Clay segement was pointless and stupid. Why for weeks not let him appear on Raw then give him a time slot at wrestlemania.

I'll comment more on the Rock/Cena match later on.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:07 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed Wrestlemania!I think that the WWE writers finally
came up trumps with a lot of stuff...especially the winners and losers:

Bryan -Sheamus : Like many would have loved a long match for them both
to showcase their talents. However looking back at it, I actually think
it was a rabbit out of the hat. There wasn't a huge OMG moment last
night (yes close kick outs/slightly surprising results) but nothing that
had a huge SHOCK factor...apart from this. I never saw the end coming
the way it did and it has left people talking about a match that, had it
been 10-15 minutes long, may have ended up being lost in the aftermath
due to the magnitude surrounding 'the other 3 matches'. This finish
ensured that both Bryan & Sheamus are in the public domain and we
are wondering what will happen next. Job Done!!

Kane V Orton: Often Randy is labelled 'the other superman' due to major
pushes and plenty of wins. However he has shown a willingness to really
put people over lately and help others get that push. Would have been
easy to have him get the win here...but the E & Orton did the right
thing and allowed the right man to pick up the win. It gets Kane back
looking strong and doesnt really harm Orton...just confirms that he is a
company man who is willing to do a job when required! Kudos to him.

Team Jonny v Team Long: Again whilst many expected team jonny to
win..with the WWE you never know. Miz picked up the win, making him at
least semi relevant again...and once more we have the opportunity for
some story progression with the GM/Power/Corruption storyline
continuing. Special mention to Ziggler, who again was outstanding. I
must say I am worried that he may end up being 'the spot/bump' guy and
not get the main event push he thoroughly deserves.

HIAC Match: WOW...just WOW. Trips gets slaughtered alot by people but he is a legend in his own right. No sign of an ego yesterday and took just as big a beating as Taker. No wrestling clinic but plenty of good spots, brutality and simply amazing storytelling. At first I didnt like the ending as it was, as mentioned by someone else, similiar to Taker v Shawn...however on reflection it was a good way to close it. the 3 men embracing each other at the end was fantastic to see...and it really is the end of an era....even they realise they cannot keep doing what they did last night. I would be more than happy if that was that for all 3 superstars!

Jericho v Punk: Again an excellent match..the psychology behind it was brilliant and Jericho showed the doubters he still has it. Slow build which I enjoyed and then the ending was fantastic. Could of gone either way and I think the end sets up the possibility of the feud continuing because even though Punk got the clean win....Jericho was there until the end and nearly had him on a number of occasions.

Once In A Lifetime: Well after all the build and the hype we finally saw the battle of Cena v Rock. And as far as im concerned it didnt dissapoint. Sure there were moments which were perhaps a little rough but all in all it was great. No wrestling clinic but just a good old fashioned brawl with all the moves we expect to see. What I liked was the intensity each guy threw punches in. Both Rock and Cena were marked up (bet Cena has a corking bruise on his left eye this morning) and you could sense that some of those punches were genuine.Back in the old era that was what made matches...the fact 2 guys disliked each but got in the ring, done the job required and used those personal feelings to better the match. Now onto the result..

Ive heard people say Rock should'nt have got the win as he is part time and it dis-credits today's superstars. Ive also heard debate as to whether he may have refused to lie down for Cena. I doubt this as he has lied down whenever required and is well know for putting others over. But I actually think the result was spot on...

If Cena was going to win he had to do it heel...people say well why? Because people would have rioted if he had won clean..and not just because they dislike him but because he does not deserve too go over clean against one of the best ever.

The problem is that, putting all his great charity work and his loyalty to the company aside, as a wrestler is pretty average. To have him go over someone who (whilst not technically amazing) is very good, in his hayday super smooth and can sell better than 95% of the roster past and present would not have been right as far as im concerned. Last nights match proved who the better performer was..(Rock wasnt at his best) but some of the stuff Cena did was awful. The turnbuckle spears....the ultra stiff clothesline...Rock having to slow his movement for the 2 jump overs off the ropes...Cena's armdrag & the STF hold, simply terrible. Though I was hugely impressed with leg drop off the top rope so Kudos to him for that. Cena can put on a good show with people and he has proved that at times..Punk, Michaels but you would have to say he had more bad matches than good and alot of the time it is the other guy putting on the clinic.

Last nights finish was, without the heel turn, the best thing to happen to Cena. Though watching him you would not have thought it. Looked sullen and disinterested which I think showed in his work. In fact as far as im concerned that it 2 very poor wrestlemania matches in a row for Cena and is it just a coincidence he was scheduled to lose both times?!
He has come out of wrestlemania gaining the respect of some of the older audience, due to allowing Dwayne to go over him...he has in some quarters actually managed to get some sympathy from people who may think he deserved to win and last but not least people are intrigued to see where he goes from here.

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

I think Cena works better with people who maybe aren't as big as him like Punk, Michaels and Angle. He seems to struggle when he comes up against a person who is similar build to himself in my opinion
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:11 pm

can we comment on the fun stuff?

Michael Coles shirt and tie

JR's beard

Johnny 'Brother Love' Laurenitis

Crowd Signs

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

All the 'Yes' signs for DB at the start of the match were brilliant Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

JR's beard, It looked like a comedy beard Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 02 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Gav wrote:All the 'Yes' signs for DB at the start of the match were brilliant Laugh

It actually made for a great comedy moment the fact that he lost the title in 18 seconds, almost as if the fans knew.

Did anyone else think the ref for the Rhodes v Big Show match looked like a total midget next to the two of them? Made me chuckle laughing

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 02 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

Punk v Jericho i have to admit i didn't get into until the finish, but in fairness i was starting to tire. The stip ruined it for me. It took the edge off. You just knew Punk wouldn't lose to a screwy finish. I liked Jericho trying to get him to snap but you could just never believe it would happen. Finishing sequence perked my interest and was the right ending.
----------------------------

Completely agree, I need to watch this match again because by the time this match happened I was still trying to calm down from the HHH/Taker match + was itching to see Cena/Rock

I agree with those that said the Sheamus win reflects badly on himself too. His two title reigns are probably some of the worst title wins around. Hopefully they can have a lengthy match at Extreme Rules.

HHH/Taker is the best match of the night. Story-telling/emotion will beat any wrestling clinic you see on the card. I even felt a bit emotional towards the end knowing we'll probably never see a match of that calibre from the current roster. I was proud to witness this event.

Rock/Cena was a great event, was not a fan of Cena giving most of the offence because it just bored me and the crowd were dying out too. Commentators did their best at the end to try and make me think Cena is the better man even though Rock won Doh

Not terribly fussed what's good for business in that match. I just wanted to see Cena get his ass handed to him. I cheered at the end in the same way I cheer on the Arsenal.

Orton/Kane- Good, solid match. They made the best out of a bad storyline with only weeks to build it up.

Tag Match- enjoyable, gave space for each wrestler which is good enough for me.

Divas match- didn't watch.

Overrall 8/10

P.S was sick of the terrible skits, adverts and propaganda regarding the armed forces.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:04 pm

One thing I wanted to mention is why do they always refer to Cena as some sort of underdog, like when that idiot singer started going on about it. He's a 10 time world champion and before last night he had only lost 2 matches clean in 8 years. He's the heavy favourite for every match he's involved in.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

Countdown to 29
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Wrestlemania+29&month=04&day=07&year=2013&hour=00&min=00&sec=00&p0=136

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

I have watched it, and I am not going to echo sentiments of the above people. You are all right.

All I will say is £14.95 is (just) about what I would pay for Jericho v Punk and Taker v HHH on this showing

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:13 pm

On the Daniel Bryan issue I would say that it actually protected him... he wasn't buried because he wasn't ready. They can continue this as a storyline instead of having DB back in the mid card. I would say that it is a sign of strength in him.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:15 pm

Bryan-Sheamus- Well, Bryan looks an absolute joke now, and the way it happened illegitimises Sheamus' win as well, makes it seem like he only won because the guy he was facing was truly awful (from a storyline standpoint, obviously not as a technical wrestler). How's anyone supposed to take Bryan seriously as a heel after this?

Orton-Kane- Pretty boring match, don't really see why Kane won, he's a boring character IMO, would much rather have seen Orton go over.

Rhodes-Show- Obviously wanted to give Show his Mania 'moment', am a fan of Rhodes so hopefully this will see him move on to bigger and better things.

Divas match- Don't care.

HHH-Undertaker- Absolutely brilliant. Match of the night by far. Was on the edge of my seat from beginning to end, the storytelling was terrific, HBK added so much to the match as well.

Team Johnny-Team Teddy- Was decent I suppose, was pleased to see Johnny's team win, think he should be a good GM for both shows.

Punk-Jericho- Must say, unlike the popular consensus on here, I was quite disappointed in this match. It should have been a classic, But the start and middle was way to slow, and these are two guys much better suited to a faster pace. Did pick up at the end though.

Cena-Rock- Well, a year's build up, and here it was. Much of it was as I expected, although I was surprised to see Rock win. Was a little let down not to see THE heel turn, but at least it didn't end with them shaking hands. They needed JR on commentary for this match, he made such a difference to HHH-Taker.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 02 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm

I just finished watching the punk - Jericho match again and noticed that right at the end, right after Jericho tapped and punk collapsed to the mat, that Jericho was scratching punks head. anybody else seen this?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:23 am

I'm just saying what others have said, but I've only just finished watching it.

100% agree that the best match of the night was HIAC. Absolutely epic storytelling and I wouldn't be surprised if the hug at the top of the ramp saw the end of HHH and Takers careers.

With that in mind I can see HHH pointing out that Johnny L was only Interim GM of RAW....so he's taking RAW over and Johnny has control of SD. Might be wrong...but I'd welcome that.

Delighted that Punk won - very entertaining match once it got going.

Cena losing clean to the Rock was possibly my favourite moment in wrestling history. You have to give Cena his due for the extra work he does out with the ring, but I think he has been extremely unprofessional in recent weeks with his behaviour towards Rock and the result was no less than he deserved (No selling his promo's and only getting intense to say "This is what I need you to be....this is the Rock I have to face" which essentially kills off any momentum that Rock was building.) I had this argument on the chatbox before the event last night, the Rock was below par in the build up but it's not easy when you are facing up to someone that behaves in that way.

On a side note, I loved the Momma Clay and the Bridge Club segment.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:44 am

Bluebird_ccfc wrote:I just finished watching the punk - Jericho match again and noticed that right at the end, right after Jericho tapped and punk collapsed to the mat, that Jericho was scratching punks head. anybody else seen this?

I seen this, nice touch from Jericho.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

did it bother anyone that the second 'e' on the wrestlemania sign, didnt look right?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

I Blame Coco wrote:Just wondering, did anyone else see Jericho break kayfabe and tap Punk on the head in a "well done mate" sort of way just after he'd made him tap?

Yes, I saw that, very cute Smile They knew they had put on a cracker

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:
Rock/Cena was a great event, was not a fan of Cena giving most of the offence because it just bored me and the crowd were dying out too. Commentators did their best at the end to try and make me think Cena is the better man even though Rock won Doh

Not terribly fussed what's good for business in that match. I just wanted to see Cena get his ass handed to him.

I think Cena being on offence so much was to emphasise that he is the man and Rocky couldn't hang with Cena for all his (Rock's) bravado. The payoff being that ultimately Cena was the one who let his ego get the better of him.

Amen to the second part, I don't think I've actively cheered a wrestler more during a match since The Rock himself against Austin at WM17.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:45 pm

I've literally just finished watching Wrestlemania 28 with my mates, so here's my thoughts:

Sheamus vs Bryan: As I said on another thread...I swear the point of winning the Royal Rumble is to Main Event Wrestlemania. Even if they are going to put D Bryan and Sheamus is some form of big story lines from now on, they could've at least had a longer match. Both of these guys were meant to be on the way up but I feel this match did nothing for them.

Orton vs Kane: Was expecting a Randy Orton win, but I wasn't all too interested in this match. I don't know why, but I guess it was probably the lack of built up.

Rhodes vs Show: A very good match between the two. Was expecting Cody to win, but at the same time kind of knew in the back of my head that the title would indeed change hands.

Divas: They actually wrestled? I just watch for the eye candy.

Streak: The match of the night. Loved the lowering of the HIAC with the music. Looked very ominous. A much higher pace than their 27 bout. Lot's of great spots and a few very tense moments. I honestly thought that the first Hell's Gate was it for HHH. But no. I even thought the super-kick to Pedigree would genuinely end the streak. I actually marked out at the cut eyebrow and the numerous chair-shots that caused Taker's back to turn purple. (That was probably because it showed my mates that Wrestling isn't always fake!) Possibly the best way for them to end the era with all three walking out together. Actually shed a tear for that! Yahoo

Johnny vs Long: Must admit, I completely missed this somehow...I honestly don't know how... Erm

Punk vs Jericho: Second best match of the night by far. Loved every minute of the slow build up. Two very physical wrestlers who showed why they are "Best In The World". Glad Punk retained.

Cena vs Rock: I'm really not too sure about how I feel with this one. I was supporting Cena, so obviously disappointed he lost. But I think my problem is I'm now thinking what next for both the Rock and Cena (more Cena than Rock).

I enjoyed this Mania quite a bit, but I feel that it wasn't really the best. I'm going out on a whim here and saying I personally enjoyed last years better.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2