The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season updates thread

+23
wisden
packofwolves
sirfredperry
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
kingraf
DP
NickisBHAFC
Carrotdude
alfie
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Barney92
Liam
guildfordbat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Corporalhumblebucket
hampo17
Shelsey93
JDizzle
Mike Selig
Mad for Chelsea
Fists of Fury
hodge
27 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Season updates thread - Page 6 Empty Season updates thread

Post by hodge Mon 16 Apr 2012, 12:35 am

First topic message reminder :

I just thought for anyone who is playing this season that we could have a thread where people give updates on how their season is going both personally and for their team if they are interested?

As I said in another thread I have what are apparantly my university's first every cricket games thursday and friday this week and i'm captaining the side, no pressure there Shocked We have Newport cricket clubs midweek team on thursday and face UWE 2nd XI on friday who a freind of mine is captain so we have a little wager on the outcome of the game. Loser has to buy the winner a drink for every club 2nd XI game we both play in Shocked Again no pressure there!

Anyways good luck to everyone for this season, unless somehow in some strange case you end up playing against me! boxing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Season updates thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Season updates thread

Post by Mike Selig Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

Well I would say warm-up and cool down, then ice-bath etc. but...

Cricket eh, what would we do without it?

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:19 pm

Mike Selig wrote:Well I would say warm-up and cool down, then ice-bath etc. but...

Cricket eh, what would we do without it?

I'm fairly sure I read something that said ice-baths don't work so I choose to believe this so that I never have to use one Very Happy

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm

Yeah I've never believed in ice baths personally, well after football at least.

Massage is what you need Carrotdude Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I'll probably resort to that, Hodge. Am I allowed to ban you if I get dismissed LBW every innings? Wink

Fists has unerringly identified the weak spot in Hodge's theory! Very Happy

Might be scope for a device that simulates the sound of a thick inside edge onto pads? But not so useful if the ball is then caught at short leg... Whistle

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm

Olly wrote:Yeah I've never believed in ice baths personally, well after football at least.

Massage is what you need Carrotdude Wink

Is that an offer? Run

Tell you what though, it's hard to pick a bat isn't it? I spent about an hour in a cricket shop today and eventually came out with some pads and gloves (after trying on pretty much all of them). Tried a load of the bats out but most of them felt pretty good and I find it hard to come away from those that I like the look of even though that's kind of irrelevant! Any tips on what I should be looking for in terms of 'sweet spot' and the like? I'm not a slogger and generally look to play along the ground if that makes any difference?

I'm such a noob.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:01 pm

I generally look for the one with the biggest edge Cool

Wasn't an offer from me Carrot. I feel your partner will be more suited to the role!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:08 pm

Yes I believe third man will be a high scoring area for me!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:44 am

I generally stick to GM's unless something particularly catches my eye. Tend to get an average bat as I bat the whole range, defensive, attacking, stroke play etc.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 19 Apr 2013, 2:06 am

Got my first game Sunday, just a pre-season game Vs a team in the division below but i'm buzzing to be out on the pitch again, it's a 2nd XI friendly so I imagine I will be opening the batting so can hopefully start the season with some good time at the crease. Very Happy

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 20 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

Played a pre-season game today where our 4th XI (my side) took on our 3rd XI. Both teams were stronger in bowling than batting, which showed as the 3s won a low-scoring encounter by 30-odd runs.

I bowled a very tidy 3 overs for less than 10, getting 1 wicket. But, as seems to happen, I was withdrawn from the attack for the last over to bring a seamer on! With the bat I got a chance at three but was bowled 4th ball. Not too disappointed as I just missed a straight one, and wasn't doing anything stupid. The bowler that got me out gets lots of wickets in the 3s too so was always going to be a tough challenge for a 4th XI player batting a few places too high.

Meanwhile, our 1st XI played their first friendly with their new overseas player - Kiwi fast bowler Jonny Lash. He's not a professional cricketer, but has taken a lot of wickets in high-level club cricket so should be a good signing.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 20 Apr 2013, 11:47 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:Played a pre-season game today where our 4th XI (my side) took on our 3rd XI. Both teams were stronger in bowling than batting, which showed as the 3s won a low-scoring encounter by 30-odd runs.

I bowled a very tidy 3 overs for less than 10, getting 1 wicket. But, as seems to happen, I was withdrawn from the attack for the last over to bring a seamer on! With the bat I got a chance at three but was bowled 4th ball. Not too disappointed as I just missed a straight one, and wasn't doing anything stupid. The bowler that got me out gets lots of wickets in the 3s too so was always going to be a tough challenge for a 4th XI player batting a few places too high.

Meanwhile, our 1st XI played their first friendly with their new overseas player - Kiwi fast bowler Jonny Lash. He's not a professional cricketer, but has taken a lot of wickets in high-level club cricket so should be a good signing.

Played Shropshire Prem cricket last year and got his team promoted to the Birmingham Leagues (covering Worcs, Warks, Shrop and Staffs) and took a hell of a lot of wickets in doing so. Serious bowler and by the sounds of it from his team, a top guy as well. He'll be a good signing.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Shelsey93 wrote:

Played Shropshire Prem cricket last year and got his team promoted to the Birmingham Leagues (covering Worcs, Warks, Shrop and Staffs) and took a hell of a lot of wickets in doing so. Serious bowler and by the sounds of it from his team, a top guy as well. He'll be a good signing.

I'm going back donkeys' years to when I lived in the Midlands but the Birmigham League was of a consistently very high standard. Warks second XI players would regularly play in it and sometimes Warks first teamers when they didn't have a week-end match. Believe the Warks and West Indian Test batsman Alvin Kallicharran finished his playing days in that League.

I'm sure that Fists will be able to tell you more about its level today but I'll be surprised if it's very different. As Jonny Lash played a major part in getting his team promoted to that League, he must be a decent player.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

Our pro at Horsford this season is Australian Matt Love (lovely name, sorry).

Last year we had Chris Sabburg who went on to play in the Big Bash Final for the winning side Brisbane!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 21 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

The Birmingham League certainly has a high reputation.

He should certainly be good for us as we currently play two divisions below our local Premier League (Home Counties).

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 21 Apr 2013, 4:57 pm

Birmingham Leagues are certainly very strong at Div 1 and Prem level, less so at Div's 2 and 3 which are of a similar standard to the Shrops Prem where Lash took his wickets last year but he is a serious operator. More importantly he is a nice guy as well, and he should fit in well wherever he goes.

Wasim Jaffer was an overseas player there a few years ago and Jimmy Taylor is signed up to play some league cricket this year so certainly the Prem is one of the best leagues in the country!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 21 Apr 2013, 8:00 pm

Won our 2's pre-season game today, bowled first had them 129/9 after their 40 overs, I actually got a bowl for the first time in...... 7 years I think in that side Shocked after 3 overs I'd only gone for 10, but then went for 11 in my 4th over, also dropped a chance of my own bowling that I had to dive to my left for, pretty hard but still.

Then opened and hit 27 before being bowled, won by 4 wickets in the end. Now just have to wait and see if i'm wanted for the 1st team friendly next weekend.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:37 am

Gents - a word on the Birmingham league.

Saqlain Mushtaq is playing in it this season, which is an indication of the quality. A friend of mine plays for Kings Heath CC in the same division as Saqlain, so he is understandably excited/apprehensive about facing him! His own team have signed a young Kiwi (of Asian origin), too, though his name escapes me (I'll try and find out). I believe he is a SLA that has taken wickets at 14 apiece in grade cricket out there.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:19 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Gents - a word on the Birmingham league.

Saqlain Mushtaq is playing in it this season, which is an indication of the quality. A friend of mine plays for Kings Heath CC in the same division as Saqlain, so he is understandably excited/apprehensive about facing him! His own team have signed a young Kiwi (of Asian origin), too, though his name escapes me (I'll try and find out). I believe he is a SLA that has taken wickets at 14 apiece in grade cricket out there.
That's impressive! Saqlain was top class for Surrey in our glory years around the turn of the century. Fitness issues (particularly his knees, I think) brought his career to an end at the highest level. However, I'm sure his cricketing brain will still be working well and he'll have the ability to send down a few surprise deliveries.

If I may have the temerity to pass a bit of advice on to your friend - who I realise is clearly no mug at the game given who he's playing for - tell him to concentrate as hard on the guy bowling at the other end as he does on Saqlain. So many of Ian Salisbury's wickets for Surrey were when he was bowling in tandem with Saqlain and due to lapses of concentration by the batsmen as they relaxed too much facing his comparative dross and tried too quickly to up the run rate. The England selectors picked Salisbury on account of his wickets but failed to appreciate he wasn't half the bowler without Saqlain which explains his (Salisbury's) abysmal international record.

I'll be interested to know how your friend gets on.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

I'll pass on your very wise words, Guildford. It's an excellent piece of advice. I'll keep you updated, might try and get myself to that match, actually.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

Got 2 games this weekend, friendly for my club at home which is good seeing as they were only supposed to be picking players who didn't play last weekend and then sunday the club i've been training with while at uni in wales want me to play Very Happy

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:34 am

Have just been told that, after my duck for the 4s last week, I'm now wanted to fill in for the 2s in their pre-season fixture...

An interesting call to say the least, I think based more on the fact that I'm less likely to say 'No' than most of the others that were down to play in this week's 3/4s match. I can't say I'm particularly happy as its likely to involve batting at 9 and not bowling against players of considerably greater ability. But these things happen in club cricket I guess.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

In the end my 2s debut involved only some very cold fielding... not needed to bowl and the total was reached with just 2 down so I didn't get a bat even after being shuffled up the order. Not to worry.

I was, however, saddened that our opposition today - Roding Valley CC in Essex - appeared to be in a terrible state. Their pavilion was seriously decaying and had been covered over in some horrific looking corrogated iron which made it look like a bomb shelter. Apparently this was the result of a combination of neglect and flooding (a large pond is adjacent to the ground). Anyhow, they could only find 8 players and said that they'd hardly played at all last season.

Whilst it is natural that some clubs will thrive whilst others decline, I also believe that the ECB should be doing more to help small clubs. As I understand it a lot of funding (and there is a lot of it available) is dependent on already having strong junior set-ups and facilities (what they call 'Clubmark' status). However, it seems wrong to me that so much money is being pumped into the bigger Premier League and higher division clubs and many smaller teams appear to be getting relatively little assistance.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sat 27 Apr 2013, 11:23 pm

Will be playing my first game for Sheldwich CC next Sunday in a friendly, rather excited about it.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

Both games cancelled on the weekend, neither because of weather, drove home friday evening for satuday... cancelled, then drove back to wales for sunday.. cancelled

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

hodge wrote:Both games cancelled on the weekend, neither because of weather, drove home friday evening for satuday... cancelled, then drove back to wales for sunday.. cancelled
Doh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

One positive came from it though, when saturday's game was cancelled we had a pairs game, seems I did well enough to get myself in the 1sts this weekend Smile There's 3 potential openers in the side as well so i'm optomistic i'll either open or be in top 5.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm

I've been coaching quite a lot (estimate is now that I will do well over 150 hours of coaching this year - I include 2 hours per match day - which is not bad for a volunteer!). In charge of the juniors again, and we've got our trial matches coming up next week and at the start of June; then a week long tour as preparation, before our main tournament in Germany (where we are defending our title from last year).

The senior side are preparing for the European T20 championships (the top 2 play the global qualifier in Dubai next year). We are aiming to improve on our 6th place from last time - a surprise or two and we could reach the semi-finals, which is one match away from Dubai. We've got a new coach - Simon Cook, formerly of Middlesex and Kent, and I was in Kent this week-end with the team: great opportunity to chat to Simon and other guys who were around about our junior program etc.

I have not as yet picked up a bat this year, except to do fielding drills or shadow bat for a keeper... I have bowled a bit in the nets - due to a plethora of off-spinners in our junior ranks my off-spin is actually developing rather nicely.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 04 May 2013, 1:29 am

Bridgwater 3rds tomorrow I think we're facing, not sure where I will be in the batting order. Probably either opening or about 6.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 04 May 2013, 9:21 am

I have no game today - cancelled because the opposition can't get a team out (this opposition have done this to us at least once before as well...).

Tomorrow I'll be on scoring duty for my club's Village Cup debut away to St. Margaretsbury. They are in the same division as us, but we might struggle as they rely less on overseas players and the like, who are ineligible in this competition, than we do.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sun 05 May 2013, 8:33 pm

Pre season friendly today, we bowled first and they got 200 all out in their 40 overs, I took a catch at square leg and fielded well so I was happy. Batted at number three and got bowled for 0 from 4 balls so I was less happy with that! It was a pretty good yorker though I was just a bit late getting the bat down. Definitely a weird experience to be playing a proper cricket match again but a good one, playing again on Saturday so hoping for better things.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 05 May 2013, 10:18 pm

Carrotdude wrote:Pre season friendly today, we bowled first and they got 200 all out in their 40 overs, I took a catch at square leg and fielded well so I was happy. Batted at number three and got bowled for 0 from 4 balls so I was less happy with that! It was a pretty good yorker though I was just a bit late getting the bat down. Definitely a weird experience to be playing a proper cricket match again but a good one, playing again on Saturday so hoping for better things.

Carrot - as we Surrey supporters have been saying re Graeme Smith - no need to panic about an odd low score or two: class will out.... Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 May 2013, 11:02 pm

Carrot - when I first saw your post, the figure of 200 leapt out at me and I thought you had got a double century!! Maybe next week. In the meantime, well done on the catch and fielding and, even more, getting back playing.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 06 May 2013, 8:35 am

For those interested, Jonny Lash took 7 wickets on his First XI debut, but as we were bowled out for 66 it didn't make much difference...

Yesterday we also lost in the Village Cup. We were understrength but had a very tough draw too.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 06 May 2013, 3:45 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Carrot - when I first saw your post, the figure of 200 leapt out at me and I thought you had got a double century!! Maybe next week. In the meantime, well done on the catch and fielding and, even more, getting back playing.

Thanks guildford (and corporal) I should have also added that we were all out for 59, 3 others got ducks and all faced fewer than my mighty 4 deliveries so I wasn't the worst! Very Happy

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed 08 May 2013, 2:30 pm

Blimey, knocking in a bat is SO boring! At least I should only have to do it for a couple of hours as opposed to 5/6 as it is 'pre-knocked in'. I'm not even sure I'm even doing it right but I'm trying to copy you tube videos!

Plus it must be really annoying my neighbours!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Wed 08 May 2013, 7:04 pm

Carrot,

I can sympathise with that. I have no doubt that I spent many hours annoying my brothers and parents with the constant "thwack". As to how to do it, start softly enough and get gradually harder, but it's hard to go wrong IMO. Most important is to try and use it first in the nets or even better hitting a few catches (with oldish balls) before using it in a match, if possible.

As for my coaching, we had two trial matches on Monday and Tuesday; unfortunately things didn't quite go to plan on Monday (injury to one of the players in the warm-up). A France B side is playing the MCC on Thursday and Friday, with quite a few juniors and ex-juniors involved, so that will be interesting.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 08 May 2013, 10:21 pm

We lost to Bridgwater 3's last weekend, missing 6 first teamers from last years squad. This saw me batting at #4 in the order. Bridgwater hit 250 odd for 5 in their 45 overs, 1 guy got all 5 for us. In reply we were 60 odd for 1 or 2 then went to 80 odd for 5. I got 5, got out defending a ball which then spun back onto my stumps mad It was annoying too, felt really comfortable at the crease as their bowlers weren't that threatening I found.

Ah well in the 1sts again this weekend and one of the guys has their wedding this saturday so pretty much the whole of the first XI is missing bar 1 or 2 guys so most of the 2's could/probably will be playing. Means I may get a chance to open.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 11 May 2013, 10:38 am

Last week the opposition couldn't raise a team, this week we can't raise a team.... I love Division 13!

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 12 May 2013, 2:30 am

Gutted is the word for it. Lost in the last over.

We had maybe 3 regular 1st teamers otherwise the rest of us were 2nd team regulars due to a players wedding, we got put in during wet conditions, managed to reach 180 in the end, however we were about 110 for a loss of no wicket. Personally I came in at 4 and hit 18 off 14 overs in a rebuilding attempt. Came in over 26 with the score about 120 odd and got out after 40 overs. Just couldn't find the middle of the bat somehow and when I did I picked a fielder.

Not sure if I did enough to secure a place next week in the 1sts with about 6 players returning, however i'm on the selection committee and the coach (on committee and captained last 2 games) has said he would back players in the side over non essential 1st teamers excluding players like the returning captain.

So all in all despite being gutted about it to come so close with 8 2nd teamers in a game 5 divisions above the 2nd team's division is a good effort.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sun 12 May 2013, 7:25 pm

Pleased to see the week ended better than it started with strong wins by the French 2nd team in both matches against an MCC side including Darren Bicknell. Young leggie Zika Ali got the chance to captain the side, and did pretty well.

Next event for me is a senior training session in Kent on 25th May and then more junior trial matches the week-end after.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 12 May 2013, 9:47 pm

Didn't realise Darren Bicknell was still active. Maybe Surrey could re-sign him up temporarily to ease our thinly stretched batting line up. He's only a tad older than the likes of the youthful Keedy, Solanki... Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 13 May 2013, 11:04 pm

Captaining a club XI against the staff team of the school where I coach (who I have played for in the past) on Wednesday. Should be fun Very Happy It's on their pitch as well which is one of the best pitches in Somerset as well.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 15 May 2013, 10:03 pm

And we won Very Happy

Engineered the toss with their skipper who thought it would be more of a game if we batted first. I got triggered for 7 mad Bruise on my leg shows it was going over the stumps. Anyway we finished on 126/4 from out 20 overs and restricted them to 106 for 3 or 4 off their 20 overs.

Got to be said captaining 20/20 is so much different than 40 overs. Must always be 110% switched on to whats happening where as in 40 over if you have 2 guys in a spell you can cruise it a little at times.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 16 May 2013, 11:01 am

Sadly at this stage I'm not looking like getting any cricket in this season Sad

I umpired a softball game between my current work & my last job last night, it's quite funny watching someone who's played a bit of cricket swinging a softball bat for the 1st time.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 18 May 2013, 7:45 pm

I was involved in a pretty crazy game of Division 13 cricket today.

The first positive was that we got a game, after failing to for the first two weeks.

After being sent in we were bowled out for 61, rather predictably given our lack of batting strength. I made a single, getting out being bowled playing across the line in an attempt to dab one down behind square...

But we then got off to a storming start with the ball and unbelievably bowled them out for 42! Admittedly it was in the face of some shocking umpiring decisions (the finger only seemed to go up when it wasn't out...) but it was quite some feeling. Our opening bowlers recorded figures of 6-13 and 4-24 respectively and bowled unchanged Season updates thread - Page 6 3559488474

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 19 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Due to working Saturday mornings and having my daughter I've started captaining our 3rd team on a Sunday. Played two games so far.

Game one I lost the toss and got asked to field, bowled them out for 85, with some of our young lads taking some great wickets (one lad had just had trials for Wales). Gave myself a bowl towards the end, 5 overs 1 wicket 5 runs so happy with that. We then chased them down for the loss for 3 wickets.

Game two I won the toss and bowled, rainy conditions and we probably should have come off at one point, but they where nine down and had we come off they wouldn't have come back out. We bowled them out for 35, again the youngsters doing all the work, we then had 74 overs to chase it down and did so one wicket down.

We've got today and next week off due to teams dropping out and then a nice trip up the coast.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sun 19 May 2013, 8:14 pm

Today was fun.

Played for the Sunday 11, we lost the toss and bowled first and restricted them to 147/6 mainly thanks to their number 6 who got a very good 50. I fielded OK but did put down a tough low chance, luckily it wasn't someone who went on to get lots of runs.

We started off very well and got to about 44 quickly before we lost a wicket and then carried on quickly still so we were way above the rate. However a small collapse ensued leaving us 72-5 when I came in. I basically took my time and let the other guy get the runs as he was very good, he holed out to long on when we were on 114 and me and the next batsman just ticked off the remaining runs relatively easily. I ended 19no and must have taken about 50 balls to get there, couple of streaky shots but it was brilliant fun. Very Happy

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 19 May 2013, 8:40 pm

Hey Carrot - brilliant stuff, well done. Glad I know someone who can get winning runs!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 19 May 2013, 10:04 pm

Great stuff Carrot clap All the best batsmen have a highest score of 19* Whistle

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 19 May 2013, 11:18 pm

Well done Carrot, my top score for ages as a youth player was 19* .....

Anyway, yesterday was with the 1sts who were still yet to register a win, we won the toss and chose to field. They were al out for 154 or so, good team effort in the field. In reply we got of to a slowish start but solid considering the required rate was around 3.5, as soon as I am replaced for umpiring our opener is triggered by the guy who replaced me..... In the end we knocked it off 2 down and I got a thanks for coming being at 5 in the order, sat there for 25 odd overs with my pads on Laugh

As for today with the sunday side, I won the toss and chose to put them in. Bowled them out for 141 and that was with me giving all the kids a good go, if I went for the kill we could have bowled them out for 85 or so I reckon. In reply I got out for 23 in the 8th over LBW and then we knocked it off 4 down with a couple of overs to spare.

2 games as captain this season, 2 wins. Happy days! Laugh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next