The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clev fight is off!

+13
HumanWindmill
JabMachineMK2
manos de piedra
Fists of Fury
AlexHuckerby
Super D Boon
Soldier_Of_Fortune
bhb001
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Steffan
OasisBFC
Seanusarrilius
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clev fight is off! Empty Clev fight is off!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

Another one bites the dust, albeit it this was a c*** fight anyway. Perhaps Warren is retiring, kidding.

I honestly could not care less about this one.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Clev fight is off! Empty Re: Clev fight is off!

Post by OasisBFC Tue 17 Apr 2012, 5:00 pm

another one bites the dust indeed, but isnt this just an excuse for people to sign your petition? theres no info at all about the clev fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

OasisBFC wrote:another one bites the dust indeed, but isnt this just an excuse for people to sign your petition? theres no info at all about the clev fight.

What's your problem? The petition is for a good cause. Yes I am going to push it where I can, but it is for all of us. Not like I am trying to sell you a car. Idiot.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:38 pm

You boys shouldnt play so rough...somebodys gonna end up crying

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:55 pm

Quote from Clev:

"It was a big night for me as Hopkins was facing Dawson on the same night and I was looking to do a good job on Krasniqi to get a fight with the winner,"

Rolling Eyes

Source: BBC Sport

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

TopHat...I never used to like you but I gotta be honest recently...I have started to dislike you even more. No offense. Anyway this thread is not to discuss how Cleverly is ruining boxing its to have petitions that will make no difference at all imposed on you...so get it right OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Apr 2012, 9:22 pm

Steffan wrote:TopHat...I never used to like you but I gotta be honest recently...I have started to dislike you even more. No offense. Anyway this thread is not to discuss how Cleverly is ruining boxing its to have petitions that will make no difference at all imposed on you...so get it right OK

Precisely.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm

Steffan wrote:TopHat...I never used to like you but I gotta be honest recently...I have started to dislike you even more. No offense. Anyway this thread is not to discuss how Cleverly is ruining boxing its to have petitions that will make no difference at all imposed on you...so get it right OK

No offence taken Steffan, never been one for popularity contests anyway (probably a good thing). Sad thing is I always liked Clev, even went to watch him fight once (a good win to take the European title), and as a fellow numbers geek I really respected his academic achievements alongside a very respectable boxing career. Unfortunately he's now just becoming a Warren statistic and a symptom of boxing's declining fortunes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Apr 2012, 11:47 pm

Thats actually a good summary of the Clev situation TopHat. You have hit the nail on the head without going down the 'Cleverly is destroying boxing' route

Even though its not popularity contest on here (Truss would be in last place if it was) im sure your a good guy really

Dont sign that petition though. While Seanusarrilius is also a good guy (bit of Froch nuthugger but we all have out faults hey) it will come to nothing and never stop the corruption in boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

Steffan = Bob Arum.Hahahahahhahhaha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:21 am

Steffan wrote:

Dont sign that petition though. While Seanusarrilius is also a good guy (bit of Froch nuthugger but we all have out faults hey) it will come to nothing and never stop the corruption in boxing

thats the spirit. we should all be more like you, rosa parks especially.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:another one bites the dust indeed, but isnt this just an excuse for people to sign your petition? theres no info at all about the clev fight.

What's your problem? The petition is for a good cause. Yes I am going to push it where I can, but it is for all of us. Not like I am trying to sell you a car. Idiot.

woah woah woah, ive signed said petition.
but i said exactly what it is. you made a post about the clev fight being off then included no info on it within that post, but what you did happen to do it put another link to your petition.

you're barking up the wrong tree pushing it on this forum, get it on facebook on all the pages if you haven't already, there it can be passed around everyone's individual pages and their friends and their friends and their friends etc.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:27 am

I can half see Steffan's point, whilst the petition is correct and well intentioned, it is in all likelihood unlikely to change anything, the reality is the only time we will see change in the sport is when those in power start seeing our frustration manifest itself in us not shelling out our hard earned. Does anyone genuinely believe if Manny and Floyd's next PPV's barely scrapped 100k buys they would not have their fight signed in half hour flat, however both fight will do 1m+ and the excuses why they will not fight will continue.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

I bet Hopkins is relieved. Another reason handed to him to allow him to duck the Tour de Force that is Cleverley. He will just have to prove himself against someone the Americans have actually heard of. Yes, he has had such a soft ride through his career ... Run

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:28 am

haha - Hopkins would badly expose Clev

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

rowley wrote:I can half see Steffan's point
(Cracks open Champagne) Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:33 am

Thought you needed cheering up on the back of Clev pulling out Steffan, I'm nice like that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

There is talk of Clev now facing his mandatory - Sukhotsky (sp?). This is a fight I'd like to see, a considerable step up from the last guy he fought and the guy he's just pulled from fighting an appropriate step up from Bellew, his last half meaningful fight.

His record is respectable, having fought similar calibre fighters to Clev and only losing to Braemer who, IMO, ducked Clev. Plus, as mandatory, I think a credible defence of the title.

That followed by a Shumenov bought would be good and then would justify Clev calling out one of the top 4 guys at the weight - Cloud being his best option as I think he's still some way short of the othe 3 and fighting and losing to them would be bad for his CV and career path.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:35 am

rowley wrote:Thought you needed cheering up on the back of Clev pulling out Steffan, I'm nice like that.

Rowley, caould you delete my post asking people ot support the petition? I want to crack on with the boxing talk now. Just remove them if you can, or if you don't have the access, get one of the less ineffectual mods to do so. Cheers!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Less ineffectual! I'm the only one round here at the minute, and I have feelings you know, which one do you want going, but there is no real need mate, the petition is valid and personally of the view most people are happy enough for you to have pushed it to the degree you have thus far.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

rowley wrote:Less ineffectual! I'm the only one round here at the minute, and I have feelings you know, which one do you want going, but there is no real need mate, the petition is valid and personally of the view most people are happy enough for you to have pushed it to the degree you have thus far.

Nah, get rid of them please. There my threads so i think i am allowed to ask.

Cheers.

I can't be bothered with people like you, all you do is moan and then when someone tries to do something (even if it is symbolic) moan some more. HA. So try another M. ... Moderate.

Haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

Bit harsh, where have I moaned about the petition, I have stated I don't think it will have any effect, that is my honest opinion, have not said I will not sign it or it is not worth the effort, if I knew you were that sensitive I will lie to you and tell you I think it will send Arum, Warren and their ilk scurrying into retirement and have the 47 governing bodies to merge and give us one champion per division.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:46 am

Ha. Just take it down Rowley. Jesus man.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

rowley wrote:Bit harsh, where have I moaned about the petition, I have stated I don't think it will have any effect, that is my honest opinion, have not said I will not sign it or it is not worth the effort, if I knew you were that sensitive I will lie to you and tell you I think it will send Arum, Warren and their ilk scurrying into retirement and have the 47 governing bodies to merge and give us one champion per division.

Cheers, and the announcements. Must comply with the wishes of the author.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:49 am

rowley wrote:Bit harsh, where have I moaned about the petition, I have stated I don't think it will have any effect, that is my honest opinion, have not said I will not sign it or it is not worth the effort, if I knew you were that sensitive I will lie to you and tell you I think it will send Arum, Warren and their ilk scurrying into retirement and have the 47 governing bodies to merge and give us one champion per division.

Am sorry I do have to agree with Rowley. Its not like you going to get 100,000 signatures then all of a sudden a overhaul of boxing proceeds. Due to the money involved now, it looks to be beyond rapair!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Am sorry I do have to agree with Rowley. Its not like you going to get 100,000 signatures then all of a sudden a overhaul of boxing proceeds. Due to the money involved now, it looks to be beyond rapair!

It's coming down soldier. Then we can leave it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

Come on Rowley, the announcements. Chop chop!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

Steffan wrote:Thats actually a good summary of the Clev situation TopHat. You have hit the nail on the head without going down the 'Cleverly is destroying boxing' route

Even though its not popularity contest on here (Truss would be in last place if it was) im sure your a good guy really

Yes I would sign the petition but I find him quite rude. I asked for the a recipe for some sauce but he wouldn't give it me.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

Super D Boon wrote:
Steffan wrote:Thats actually a good summary of the Clev situation TopHat. You have hit the nail on the head without going down the 'Cleverly is destroying boxing' route

Yes I would sign the petition but I find him quite rude. I asked for the a recipe for some sauce but he wouldn't give it me.

I'll have you know that recipe has been in my family some 100 years. Haha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

I signed the petition, as "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing". Edmund Burke

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

bhb001 wrote:I signed the petition, as "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing". Edmund Burke

HERE HERE!

Jokes aside, and I am glad it is coming down on the board, it was for symoblism and to prove that people from all over the world are sick of this. Look, it may have changed nothing, but was anything ever achieved by doing nothing and sitting on the sidelines complaining each Monday? Just a side note, love seeing it signed from people all over the world. Travon Martins family have one on there iwth millions of sigs, nuts!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

There is still one global announcement up, can you take it down or shall I PM Adam?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:04 pm

I have PM'ed Fists, as he put it up as an annoucement thought it was only courteous to check with him if he was happy for it to be removed before I did it, but if you wish to pm adam feel free.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

rowley wrote:I have PM'ed Fists, as he put it up as an annoucement thought it was only courteous to check with him if he was happy for it to be removed before I did it, but if you wish to pm adam feel free.

No, I just want it to be taken down and as I put it up and aasked for it to be an announcement I should have that right.

I don't need to PM Adam.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

This place is worse than a sewing circle...

OT: Clevs farce fight is off? Thank God. Maybe he can face his mandatory or just get stripped.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:20 pm

Can we really see Warren letting Cleverley face his mandatory? Surely Warren will worm out of this again with the promise of something truly awesome mañana (which we all know, never comes)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm

What are you talking about? Theres rumours of the winner of Hopkins/Dawson fight did you not know? Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

I dont even see the problem with Clev fighting Sukhotsky he would beat him as far as im concerned. Clev was due to fight Braehmer who beat Sukhotsky until he pulled out so its hardly like Warren is gonna be that scared of Clev losing (which he wont)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

Steffan wrote:I dont even see the problem with Clev fighting Sukhotsky he would beat him as far as im concerned. Clev was due to fight Braehmer who beat Sukhotsky until he pulled out so its hardly like Warren is gonna be that scared of Clev losing (which he wont)

I think Clev is actually is just a prime example of a wider problem in boxing. Champs not fighting the type of fights they should. I mean listent o the rubbish we are talking about him fighting. There is Campillo, Cloud, Dawson, Diacanu, Pascal, Hopkins, Shumenov, Green and now Kessler. And we're talking about this.

clev bravest fight was Murat, and then he signed for Brahmer.

I am not saying he can get all the other LH fighters i listed to fight him, but one would be nice.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

I agree. We all know full well that a Hopkins fight aint gonna happen (unlike Alex I dont feel the need to harp on about it) Clev/Warren are just using that as a bit of publicity all fighters do it

You should have a debate with RetarddeeReborn who doesnt believe that Clev is a prime example of a wider problem in boxing. He believes that Clev IS THE PROBLEM in boxing

Last edited by Steffan on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

Agree Sean, would say Sukhotsky is an acceptable fight, but if he comes out with another Krasniqi like opponent then thats it, I'm out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Agree Sean, would say Sukhotsky is an acceptable fight, but if he comes out with another Krasniqi like opponent then thats it, I'm out.
As if you were ever gonna be in anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Steffan wrote:I dont even see the problem with Clev fighting Sukhotsky he would beat him as far as im concerned. Clev was due to fight Braehmer who beat Sukhotsky until he pulled out so its hardly like Warren is gonna be that scared of Clev losing (which he wont)

I would be happy for him to fight Sukhotsky, but it's Warren you have to convince! Fighting the mandatory would at least stop the likes of me droning on about the dross Cleverley is expected to fight and the promises Warren makes and never keeps!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Steffan wrote:I agree. We all know full well that a Hopkins fight aint gonna happen (unlike Alex I dont feel the need to harp on about it) Clev/Warren are just using that as a bit of publicity all fighters do it

You should have a debate with RetarddeeReborn who doesnt believe that Clev is a prime example of a wider problem in boxing. He believes that Clel IS THE PROBLEM in boxing

I'll stop harping on about it when Clev does.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Agree Sean, would say Sukhotsky is an acceptable fight, but if he comes out with another Krasniqi like opponent then thats it, I'm out.

What does that even mean?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Your a typical English boxing fan mate. Slate fighters for avoiding the big fights and then when they do take a big fight and lose you kick them when they are down. Im wise to your type

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

Steffan wrote:I agree. We all know full well that a Hopkins fight aint gonna happen (unlike Alex I dont feel the need to harp on about it) Clev/Warren are just using that as a bit of publicity all fighters do it

You should have a debate with RetarddeeReborn who doesnt believe that Clev is a prime example of a wider problem in boxing. He believes that Clev IS THE PROBLEM in boxing

Nah, he just came under the spell of Warren and is not htat ambitious to prove naything himself. He is too smrt not to know he looks foolish as a champ. People will say he is young, but then don't go for the belt?

I just think Clev is happy with whatever he is making and doesn't want the risk at the mo, much like Calzaghe until the end of his career.

The best fighters nowadays seems to have 4/5 big fights in their career (that's a guess) Clev will never get past one or two becuase his lack of power will cripple him at the higher ends. People like Cloud, who are not great boxers at all, would just walk through Clevs shots.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Your a typical English boxing fan mate. Slate fighters for avoiding the big fights and then when they do take a big fight and lose you kick them when they are down. Im wise to your type

Well Clev is safe then, he doesn't want a big fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Name 3 examples of when I have done that and been overly harsh.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:43 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Name 3 examples of when I have done that and been overly harsh
Your like it all the time. Aint tracing through your posting history aint got time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next