The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Going on at Hull ?

4 posters

Go down

What's Going on at Hull ? Empty What's Going on at Hull ?

Post by Kenny Tue 01 May 2012, 10:37 am

Hull City owners the Allam family will not confirm or deny that the club has suspended manager Nicky Barmby due to his comments regarding finacial backing for squad improvement in the media .
They have however confirmed that Head of Football operations Adam Pearson has been sacked .

Adam Pearson realeased the following statement :

Adam Pearson has issued a statement expressing his “surprise and disappointment” after being sacked from his role as Hull City’s head of football operations.

Pearson’s exit was confirmed by Tigers owners Assem and Ehab Allam in a statement this morning, saying he’d had his consultancy role terminated “without notice and without compensation”.

And the 47-year-old, who spent six years as chairman of the club from 2001 and helped take it from the basement league to the Championship, has now placed the matter in the hands of his lawyers.

Speaking in his statement, Pearson said: “I wish to register my extreme surprise and disappointment at the sudden and in my view totally unjustified termination of my agreement. I had very much been looking forward to assisting in the development of a successful Hull City squad this summer.

“I have enjoyed my association with the Club and wish them success in the future. This matter is now in the hands of my lawyers and I will be making no further comment until it is resolved to my satisfaction.”

No further statement has been made by the club regarding either Barmby or Pearson .

I dont understand whats happened and until the club explains things they are not coming across in a good light , all the Hull City fans i know are totally confused by what is going on and their anger is being directed at the owners .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

What's Going on at Hull ? Empty Re: What's Going on at Hull ?

Post by Luke Tue 08 May 2012, 11:30 am

City have today announced that they have sacked manager Nick Barmby after 6 months in charge.
This followed a second disiplinary hearing following comments he made about greater fincial backing from the board. Which they feel broke the ettiaquate for respect etc.
Billy Davis (who never went a week without asking for more money from the Forest Board), is early favorite for the job.

Fantastic, we're going back to the late 90's/ early 00's, when we sack managers regularly and had boards in charge who didn't have a clue.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 May 2012, 11:36 am

Very disappointed with this , i thought Barmby was doing a decent job .
I get the impression talking to a few people that he was somewhat directed into his comments in the press regarding transfer money by Pearson in an effort to put pressure on the owners .

Billy Davis wouldn't be my choice as tigerrobins said all he did was moan about lack of funds at Forest .
Mick McCarthy has been mentioned also , and i like Mick but for me the obvious choice is Lee Clark he did wonders at Huddersfield with little money .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 12:42 pm

I see Phil Brown is already whoring himself for the job. Any takers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 May 2012, 2:44 pm

Barmby has said he will appeal the deision and go to court if needed , so it might not be as straight forward as the Allams think
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 08 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Lee Clarke would be an excellent choice Kenny, though McCarthy wouldn't be a bad one. Certainly not Phil Brown again.

Need the situation with Barmby sorted out quickly though, as need to buy/sell players and get the squad sorted fairly quickly in my opinion.
As i think next years championship could be alot more compterative/ better than this years, with the sides coming up/down, and staying in. We need to start strongly to have a chance of a top 10 position.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 May 2012, 7:38 am

I cant see Barmby getting the job back through a appeal so the quicker a solution can be reached the better .

It will be interesting to see if the current squad can be kept together or at least those they want to keep as the the talk is that with Barmby gone a few will want to leave .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 09 May 2012, 10:52 am

There's no chance of Barmby getting his job back, because even if he wins the appeal his job is unatainable with his relations with the board.

From what i've heard a few players were leaving anyway (Koren, Chester, Stewart, Adebola etc), and the loanees returning need to sort out who we want to keep (i.e Mannone is apparently being offered a ft contract). And get in replacements.
As i said, i feel next years championship will be more comperative, a bad start and we could be in trouble looking at a long season again.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 09 May 2012, 11:29 am

tigerrobins wrote:City have today announced that they have sacked manager Nick Barmby after 6 months in charge.
This followed a second disiplinary hearing following comments he made about greater fincial backing from the board. Which they feel broke the ettiaquate for respect etc.
Billy Davis (who never went a week without asking for more money from the Forest Board), is early favorite for the job.

Fantastic, we're going back to the late 90's/ early 00's, when we sack managers regularly and had boards in charge who didn't have a clue.

Sad to see he's going as I thought he was doing a decent job with the resources available. It might all be some clever politicking by both sides.

Barmby might have kicked up a fuss, realising that far from getting funds to strengthen the team for next season, he was facing the prospect of losing some of his best players. In return, the board have an excellent excuse for getting shot of a manager they didn't have the best relations with anyway.

Nicky gets to leave without losing any credibility as a manager (apart from maybe a bit of a reputation for being difficult) while the board don't look stupid for getting rid of a manager who was doing okay.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 May 2012, 7:30 pm

Things could get messy as the Allams have said that the likes of Chester and Stewart wont be sold and will be kept to their contracts . Koren i think has 1 year left ? not sure but hes another who they wont be sold .

McKenna , Adebola , Atkinson , Olofenjana , Basso, Harper , Kilbane , Ghilas and Garcia will all be aloud to leave or be sold
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 09 May 2012, 8:00 pm

DRYEWOLFE, the problem is that the board are saying they've backed him. Personally i don't see why Nick raised it publically in the first place, and i don't get why it's a sackable offence unless there is something else, so you could be right.

KENNY, most of those players should have already left, and have hadly contributed anything (though feel slightly sorry for Garcia). but you do wonder who will buy any of them.
Korens contract runs out in the summer, and so far he's apparently refused to sign another.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 May 2012, 8:13 pm

tiger - I had heard Koren wants a 2 year contract with a further 1 year option which is the stumbling block over the new contract .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 10 May 2012, 12:15 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:tiger - I had heard Koren wants a 2 year contract with a further 1 year option which is the stumbling block over the new contract .

Seeing as he's the only creative midfield we seem to have (i like Cairney, but he rarely seems to play), and he scores enough goals, i don't see why they can't give him what he wants. We need to reduce the quantity of the squad, not the quality, which is what he is.

Is there anything further in the HDM, about possable replacements?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 10 May 2012, 5:28 am

According to todays sun, Karl Robinson, who is preparing his MK Dons side for the league one play off semi final against Huddersfield, is thought to be a leading candidate for the City job,

Can't see why if he takes them up, that he'd want the City job.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 10 May 2012, 7:04 am

HDM was doubting the logic behind Billy Davis getting the job due to his previous record of wanting funds and his public way of asking for them . They do think Lee Clark would be the best option .

Regarding Koren i completley agree , give him a 2 - 3 deal he has been City's best midfielder by a mile this season ....not sure how old he is ? do you think that could be the problem ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 10 May 2012, 9:02 am

From what i remember, he's in his early 30's, (no older than 33). So i can't see this being a major issue. He's been generally great during his 2 years at City, so give him the contract and build the team around him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 11 May 2012, 4:16 am

I would agree but i suppose it will be down to who takes over , HDM were saying the Allams have sounded out Billy Davis as to whether he was interested in the job , also ex City captain Greg Abbott is interested
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 11 May 2012, 8:32 am

Abbott would be an intresting choice, he's done well with Carlisle, but not sure if the championship would be to much.
Really don't understand this fascination with Davis, in my opinion there are better managers out there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 12 May 2012, 10:05 am

There has been a conversation between City and Mick McCarthy yesterday apparantley
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 15 May 2012, 9:48 am

Hope this is just a rumour but ex Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell is be mentioned around the KC boardroom
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 16 May 2012, 12:42 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I would agree but i suppose it will be down to who takes over , HDM were saying the Allams have sounded out Billy Davis as to whether he was interested in the job , also ex City captain Greg Abbott is interested
Is Abbott actually interested though or is it the press chucking names around? I can see the attraction on all sides he's built a talented side at Carlisle without spending anything close to what some of the other teams spend and has a talent for picking up good young players from the Premier League on loan (a few of them Hull have signed), but he could be challenging for the league one playoffs with Carlisle next season or be struggling to keep Hull City's team together. He may be used to managing with financial restrictions but it's hard to get a new job and then not be able to bring in new players.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 17 May 2012, 2:17 pm

The agent of MK Dons boss Karl Robinson has stated his client has no interest in the vacant managers job at City , Robinson was one of the bookies favourites to take over
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 24 May 2012, 8:18 pm

Nick Barmby has lost his appeal against his sacking. Which was hardly a suprising outcome.

Hopefully this will be the end of the matter and both parties can move on. City with getting a new manager, soonish please.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down