The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton in Hull?

+3
TopHat24/7
hazharrison
Kareem61
7 posters

Go down

Frampton in Hull? Empty Frampton in Hull?

Post by Kareem61 Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 am

Heard Frampton may be fighting on the card in Hull for campbells debut, any truth to this and possible opponent?

Last edited by Kareem61 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Atrocious spelling)

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Frampton in Hull? Empty Re: Frampton in Hull?

Post by hazharrison Fri May 24, 2013 11:44 am

He was due to fight on the Haye undercard but McGuigan was lobbying for the Frampton to headline in Belfast on the same date.

Also heard he may feature on the Rees-Crolla bill in Bolton.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri May 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Does he have an opponent lined up?

Big fan, can't wait to see him out again, especially if against a Quigg!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 24, 2013 12:14 pm

No way it will be against Quigg.

It will probably be against an IBF top 15 opponent to keep busy.

His big fights will be in Belfast because he sells the place out, went to the Molitor & Martinez fights and it was probably the best boxing experiences Iv seen in a long time. (McCloskey vs Khan was good experience crowd wise, the fight was prob the worst)

Any fight involving Frampton on an undercard is nothing to get excited about, its just to keep him busy. His big fights will be over here in Costa Del Kneecappersville
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri May 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Eddie Hearn is reluctant to have a bill during the summer months in Belfast due to the marching season and the trouble that comes with it. Frampton isn't too happy about appearing in Hull and wants to headline his own show.

As Reeborn says, it will be a pretty low key opponent, Brook and Campbell are the draws. I wouldn't mind attending, but the prospect of going to Hull doesn't really appeal to me.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 24, 2013 1:23 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:Eddie Hearn is reluctant to have a bill during the summer months in Belfast due to the marching season and the trouble that comes with it. Frampton isn't too happy about appearing in Hull and wants to headline his own show.

As Reeborn says, it will be a pretty low key opponent, Brook and Campbell are the draws. I wouldn't mind attending, but the prospect of going to Hull doesn't really appeal to me.

Good point regarding the summer in Belfast. Normally takes about a month after the 12th of July for things to resume as they were so Frampton will probably end up headlining in September over here.

Fair play though, he has fought 2 top fighters in a row so he deserves a "keep busy" type fight. He is still a novice some people seem to forget.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Get yourself there 6oldenbhoy! It's going to be a cracking night. To be honest I've been out in Hull a few times and had no trouble.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Dont listen to him 6oldenbhoy, he would steal the milk out of your tea as soon as your back is turned!!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Get yourself there 6oldenbhoy! It's going to be a cracking night. To be honest I've been out in Hull a few times and had no trouble.

It's not the trouble that worries me, it's the fact I'd have to go to Hull in the first place. It's not high on the list of places I want to visit in the UK.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sat May 25, 2013 11:25 am

6oldenbhoy wrote:
spencerclarke wrote:Get yourself there 6oldenbhoy! It's going to be a cracking night. To be honest I've been out in Hull a few times and had no trouble.

It's not the trouble that worries me, it's the fact I'd have to go to Hull in the first place. It's not high on the list of places I want to visit in the UK.

Don't believe the hype. Hull is a great city..

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes, Hull is a great city, anyone who says otherwise hasn't been there in the last decade.I lived there in the 90s and it was a bit grim, but it's been regenerated.You'd be surprised!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sat May 25, 2013 1:26 pm

andygf wrote:Yes, Hull is a great city, anyone who says otherwise hasn't been there in the last decade.I lived there in the 90s and it was a bit grim, but it's been regenerated.You'd be surprised!

Agreed mate it has improved tremendously. I am from dahn sahf originally but settled up here in the 2000. I've lived here ever since, it's my adopted home town..hence I get a little annoyed when people buy into lazy headlines (Hull is the Worst place to Live in the UK, etc) and don't take time to find out for themselves..

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down