The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

+12
caoimhincentre
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
GunsGerms
The Great Aukster
Notch
red_stag
BoyneRFC
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
clivemcl
Portnoy
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will BOD be fit?

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_lcap54%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_lcap8%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_lcap38%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_lcap0%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_lcap0%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Empty Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 9:55 am

I predict a remarkable, Lazarus-like, fully fit BOD. Call me Mystic Meg if you like.

Last edited by Portnoy on Tue 15 May 2012, 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Empty Re: Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 9:59 am

He got passed fit the day before yesterday portoy

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? Empty Re: Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 10:02 am

Yes I do actually.

Given the frequency of injuries now to BOD and O'Connell and given the sudden retirements of the likes of Horgan and Wallace, both guys at the top of their games due to injury I'm starting to have serious doubts that BOD and O'Connell can make it to the end of next season. O'Gara looks to be really struggling for form too.

Both have looked in tremendous shape when fit but it just seems to be injury after injury now and even with the IRFU wrapping them in cotton wool I fear the end is very nigh....... Shocked Cry
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 15 May 2012, 10:11 am

He says he won't be 100% for the final but he will be close.

I agree with Rodders(m) the three afore mentioned players look to be struggling injury wise a bit they need a good long rest/pre-season to get them through next year

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 10:25 am

The damage he has done to his body over the last 10 years, you wouldn't expect him to be fit for much, but he declared himself fit yesterday, so I don't know why this article was written really.

Oh no, hold on... it's Portnoy again. OK, makes sense.

Enjoy the All Ireland Final Portnoy !!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 10:25 am

clivemcl wrote:He got passed fit the day before yesterday portoy

I've said before that the Leinster website is pretty impenetrable to the casual user clive. I coud not verify this factoid before I posted and neither could I just now.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 10:28 am

Heard it numerous times yesterday on the radio. Not sure what there source was to be fair.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 10:32 am

Portnoy, I listened to an interview with him today on the radio where he dismissed the injury, claims he is fit but just needs to take it easy with regards to some aspects of training and he'll be perfect for the weekend. He said that he knows how to get his body into shape and will pull out all stops to tog out against Ulster.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 10:33 am

BoyneRFC wrote:The damage he has done to his body over the last 10 years, you wouldn't expect him to be fit for much, but he declared himself fit yesterday, so I don't know why this article was written really.

Oh no, hold on... it's Portnoy again. OK, makes sense.

Enjoy the All Ireland Final Portnoy !!

The all-singing-all-dancing internationally-acclaimed Hibernophobe who dislikes the country so much that he's started a campaign to have a universal ban on the colour green. monkey
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 10:36 am

Its ok Portnoy. We've got 40 shades of green in Ireland. Like a Hydra when you defeat one shade of green, two more shall take its place.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 10:38 am

We can't even work out what shade of green our kit is meant to be; unbelievable number of changes over the years.

Spoiler:

Spoilt for choice as Stag points out.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 10:42 am

red_stag wrote:Its ok Portnoy. We've got 40 shades of green in Ireland. Like a Hydra when you defeat one shade of green, two more shall take its place.

Just as well Staggy. The green, red and white lowland European tiger is all but extinct due to over-hunting. Like the Munster elk. Wink
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 10:46 am

Sad but true Portnoy. These new fangled Leinster boys don't appreciate the golden days of Tigers and Munster.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 15 May 2012, 10:49 am

Supposedly BOD has a stretched ligament in his shoulder and the decision will be made on Thursday. Kearney also has a groin tear, but will play.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 10:49 am

red_stag wrote:Sad but true Portnoy. These new fangled Leinster boys don't appreciate the golden days of Tigers and Munster.

Not true. Tigers feature prominently on the 2 Leinster DVD's I have at home from 2009 and 2011..... but they are one of Europe's finest clubs. They'll be back.

Munster on the other hand, well, over to you Mr Penny. Absolutely no pleasure was derived from seeing what happened in Swansea. Hopefully it will kick start something decent for next year.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 10:55 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Supposedly BOD has a stretched ligament in his shoulder and the decision will be made on Thursday.

That is pretty bad news (not for Ulster of course Wink ) if its the shoulder again and it confirms my fears that the writing is on the wall for the great man.

Pre season or no pre season we are reaching a point were the likes of POC and BOD in particular are getting injured every 3 or 4 games and if thats the case then they are no longer up to being key players for the national side.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 10:55 am

..actually I thought I read it was a twisted knee?? Headscratch
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 10:57 am

Ah I think we'll be back in time Boyne.

Portnoy is fond of saying that Ireland now are like England in 2004.

I don't think that is remotely true. However I think it is very true of Munster. We'll get there in time.

There is a lot of change next season. New men in the back room (backs coach, head coach, team manager), new players coming in (Downey, Laulala, Dougall), some deadwood leaving (O'Leary, Fogarty, Mafi, MickODriscoll, Borlase).
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 11:02 am

BoyneRFC wrote:
red_stag wrote:Sad but true Portnoy. These new fangled Leinster boys don't appreciate the golden days of Tigers and Munster.

Not true. Tigers feature prominently on the 2 Leinster DVD's I have at home from 2009 and 2011..... but they are one of Europe's finest clubs. They'll be back.

Munster on the other hand, well, over to you Mr Penny. Absolutely no pleasure was derived from seeing what happened in Swansea. Hopefully it will kick start something decent for next year.

It is the truth that the Tigers have been consigned to the waste-chute of history to remain a footnote in rugby history. Cat zen
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 11:51 am

red_stag wrote:Ah I think we'll be back in time Boyne.

Portnoy is fond of saying that Ireland now are like England in 2004.

I don't think that is remotely true. However I think it is very true of Munster. We'll get there in time.

There is a lot of change next season. New men in the back room (backs coach, head coach, team manager), new players coming in (Downey, Laulala, Dougall), some deadwood leaving (O'Leary, Fogarty, Mafi, MickODriscoll, Borlase).

Diff'rent Strokes Staggy. I still see a 2004 England comparison. The icons are still there. And the band of youngsters who will replace them have to form a cohesive unit (irrespective of the succession of coaches) can't make a difference. Every side needs new leaders and if they are blocked by incumbent iconic players, then they are doomed to a period of purgatory.

New Zealand don't do that any more.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 12:53 pm

At least tigers are in their 8th straight AP final.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 12:57 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0515/1224316127990.html?via=mr

Twisted knee it was, he had keyhole surgery on Friday and some cartilidge removed.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 12:58 pm

Portnoy, you do realize O Driscoll had surgery on his knee last Friday, don't you? So either you are being disrespectful or you are posting without 1st using your brain / doing some research.

Which is it old boy?

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 15 May 2012, 1:03 pm

rodders wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0515/1224316127990.html?via=mr

Twisted knee it was, he had keyhole surgery on Friday and some cartilidge removed.

Just saw this thread and was about to post this.

Apparently the Leinster site is "to difficult" for poor iccle Portnoy to find his way about. And this is presumably the ONLY source of info about Leinster that his brain can contain. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 1:04 pm

Option 3 Boyne he is obsessed with Leinster to an almost voyeuristic degree.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 1:05 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Option 3 Boyne he is obsessed with Leinster to an almost voyeuristic degree.

PA -LEEEEESSSSEEE... can you blame him? We are a pretty sexy outfit !

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? 3559488474 Bubbly

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 1:19 pm

I bet Portnoy is secretly a Leinster fan. They have never been the same since Jennings and Cullen left.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
rodders wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0515/1224316127990.html?via=mr

Just saw this thread and was about to post this.

Apparently the Leinster site is "to difficult" for poor iccle Portnoy to find his way about. And this is presumably the ONLY source of info about Leinster that his brain can contain. Smile

No Jenny. If I want to go to the official source of news I'd go to the official source. http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9965.php.

The Leinster website is hopeless for current news updates.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Keyhole surgery last week and he’s playing this weekend. The wolverine would be doing well to make that recovery lads. Sounds to me like he’s out for sure.

Advantage Ulster…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 1:36 pm

Here you go.

Find anything informative (not promotional) about next weekend.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 1:37 pm

Here's an interview with the man in question (posted today), easily accessed on the landing page of the MAZE that is the Leinster official site.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/8373.php

Maybe he talks about his injury in here?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 1:39 pm

Portnoy wrote:Here you go.

Find anything informative (not promotional) about next weekend.

What are you giving out about?
the leinster website or Brian O'Driscoll

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 1:47 pm

The Leinster site seems to spew interviews but no announcements.

Can I find for instance an official declaration of the Rabo playoff semi attendance?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 1:49 pm

Portnoy wrote:The Leinster site seems to spew interviews but no announcements.

Can I find for instance an official declaration of the Rabo playoff semi attendance?

So you are giving out about the website. you should clarify that in the title.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 1:52 pm

It's on the Rabo website. Officially.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 2:00 pm

Mickado wrote:

The Rabo site is not the ERC/Leinster site.

But it does sort of sum up the Rabo/Irish deal.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 2:04 pm

Portnoy wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Are you looking to change the subject again? warning

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Portnoy wrote:

laughing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Portnoy wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Why would the ERC have the attendance for a Rabo game? What difference does it make if the official attendance is in one place or another? What's the core of your problem? What's really bugging you? That O'Driscoll is or isn't injured? Or that the attendance from last weeks match isn't available on the Leinster website? All or none of the above?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 15 May 2012, 2:06 pm

Coming across a wee bit 'Bunny boiler' Portnoy me old chum. Not sure what your gripe is about here? Headscratch
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 2:07 pm

Smile

Why would the ERC have the attendances of other competitions on their website...?

Portnoys, Leinster won't announce whether he's playing or not until they announce the team I don't know why you expect otherwise.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 2:13 pm

Where can I find an official BOD health announcement?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 2:15 pm

Probably on Friday I'd imagine. I mean, they aren't even going to make the official decision until Thursday! Why on earth would they announce it on their website before that... All your going to get is will he/won't he. They won't know for sure for a few days.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 2:16 pm

Portnoy wrote:Where can I find an official BOD health announcement?

there has been none made yet

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 2:18 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Coming across a wee bit 'Bunny boiler' Portnoy me old chum. Not sure what your gripe is about here? Headscratch

Portnoy is always sniffing around anything Leinster related. Its pretty odd.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 2:19 pm

I think he’s onto something lads. I demand to see footage of the arthroscopic surgery from Friday. officially.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 2:19 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Coming across a wee bit 'Bunny boiler' Portnoy me old chum. Not sure what your gripe is about here? Headscratch

Portnoy is always sniffing around anything Leinster Ireland related. Its pretty odd.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 2:22 pm

Mickado wrote:I think he’s onto something lads. I demand to see footage of the arthroscopic surgery from Friday. officially.

Preferably with one of the surgeons holding a copy of last Fridays Irish Times to the camera Cool .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 2:24 pm

Get the story straight guys.

Mikado : it's aleady on the Rabo site
Notch : tba Thursday
caio : not caring about the answer more than the question.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 2:26 pm

Portnoy wrote:Get the story straight guys.

Mikado : it's aleady on the Rabo site
Notch : tba Thursday
caio : not caring about the answer more than the question.

You asked about the attendance from the Rabo Semi Final. I said it's on the Rabo site. There is no official news about BOD because he won't train until Thursday, we'll perhaps hear an unofficial update then, and the team is out on Friday (i expect) so we'll know for sure then. What's the rush?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next