The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

+12
caoimhincentre
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
GunsGerms
The Great Aukster
Notch
red_stag
BoyneRFC
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
clivemcl
Portnoy
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will BOD be fit?

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Empty Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

I predict a remarkable, Lazarus-like, fully fit BOD. Call me Mystic Meg if you like.

Last edited by Portnoy on Tue 15 May 2012, 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 2:27 pm

Portnoy wrote:Get the story straight guys.

Mikado : it's aleady on the Rabo site
Notch : tba Thursday
caio : not caring about the answer more than the question.

Mik was talking about the rabo attendence which you asked about.

Notch is correct because thats when the team will be announced.

me: you have made no sense with that comment.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 2:30 pm

I think Portnoy must be Dean Richards. Only that would explain the bitterness he holds against the reigning champions of Europe.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 2:36 pm

All I want to see is a clear BOD health update.

And personally all I see is the same old obfuscation.

My prediction is that he'll be grandly announced as fully fit (even though he isn't) and will score the winning try.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 2:37 pm

Portnoy wrote:All I want to see is a clear BOD health update.

And personally all I see is the same old obfuscation.

My prediction is that he'll be grandly announced as fully fit (even though he isn't) and will score the winning try.

there hasnt been an official update. only what he has said himself to the press.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 15 May 2012, 2:49 pm

I think Portnoy is a bit of a George Hook.

He will talk about anything at all so people will give him attention.

George will talk about anything even the fact that he is a total kunt as long as it gets him attention.

This is why he spouts controversial "opinions" about Rugby thet frequently make no sense. He constently goes on about his own failings etc. JUST SO PEOPLE WILL GIVE HIM ATTENTION.

I think Portnoy has a dose of this too.

If you answer his question he will come up with another until you get bored.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 2:52 pm

But where's the BODcam? WE NEED TO SEE THE BODCAM!!!!!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 2:54 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:But where's the BODcam? WE NEED TO SEE THE BODCAM!!!!!

BODcast.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 15 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Why?
Because some things are and some things are not!
Why?
Because things that are not can't be!
Why?
Because then nothing wouldn't be. You can't have f@*$king nothing isn't. Everything is.
Why?
Cos if nothing wasn't there'd be f@*$king all kinds of sh1t. Like giant ants with top hats dancing around.

Copyright Louis CK

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 3:26 pm

There you go guys - I've turned the debate into a poll.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 3:31 pm

Portnoy wrote:There you go guys - I've turned the debate into a poll.

no all you have done is changed the conversation again.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Portnoy, it's very rare to find information about players' wellbeing posted on their club website prior to a match for which there is some doubt over their making an appearance - long-term injury is a different story

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Portnoy; the facts.

BOD had some keyhole surgery before the Pro12 semi-final. He's now in a race to be match fit. He has a history of making big games against injury enforced odds. He personally rates his chances of playing as good.

That's all we know right now. We've told you that, sorry if it's 'obfuscation' but unless you happen to be best mates with a Leinster physio thats about all the info there is to have right now!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 3:35 pm

No I haven't. All I did was to add a second dimension to a debate that was going nowhere because of the lack of information.

In reality it only reverts back to the OP.

So nah.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Notch wrote:Portnoy; the facts.

BOD had some keyhole surgery before the Pro12 semi-final. He's now in a race to be match fit. He has a history of making big games against injury enforced odds. He personally rates his chances of playing as good.

That's all we know right now. We've told you that, sorry if it's 'obfuscation' but unless you happen to be best mates with a Leinster physio thats about all the info there is to have right now!

So far 100% of voters think that BOD is fit and ready to go.

The OP was 'Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?'

Best get your skates on...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 3:42 pm

I believe he's injured and will be 100% fit to play. Whether that's good for his body 5 or 10 years down the tracks...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 3:43 pm

Portney whats the major problem. he was not fit last week. either was kearney. why arent you talking about him

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 3:44 pm

Actually Portnoys, what you were trying was to put out there the thought that Brian O Driscoll pretends to be injured to lure the opposition into a false sense of security (stupid idea) about him not playing, then spring onto the scene.

The only problem is, he was actually having surgery on his knee. You were caught with your pants down and now you are back tracking.

O Driscoll has been injured allot in the run up to some important games... not ruses, more the way he plays the game (no respect for his body) and his inhuman ability to recover in advance and dumbfound medics.

Rolling Eyes

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 3:46 pm

...anyway, the obsession with Irish rugby continues...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 3:51 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:Portney whats the major problem. he was not fit last week. either was kearney. why arent you talking about him

Kearney is not iconic caoi.

If BOD is not there (in whatever state) , then 5% of their belief will be missing.

And as a matter of interest Boyne (you may not have noticed), my obsession is English rugby. I am Interested in HNs rugby.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 3:55 pm

I for one would welcome you on board, if you'd just admit it.

You can even stay with me a few times per season if you'd like to come over for a few games in the RDS.

And if you ask Santa, he might just buy you the nice new Leinster jersey you've been wanting (only if you behave...)

Wink

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Portnoy wrote:
caoimhincentre wrote:Portney whats the major problem. he was not fit last week. either was kearney. why arent you talking about him

If BOD is not there (in whatever state) , then 5% of their belief will be missing.

And as a matter of interest Boyne (you may not have noticed), my obsession is English rugby. I am Interested in HNs rugby.

you realise he has been missing for the majority of the year.

Regardless, you keep changing the goal posts on this tread.

First you questioned BODs injury

Then it was the Leinster website.

Then some Irish Rabo conspiracy.

and then to how fit people think he will be,

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 3:57 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:
Portnoy wrote:

you realise he has been missing for the majority of the year.

Regardless, you keep changing the goal posts on this tread.

First you questioned BODs injury

Then it was the Leinster website.

Then some Irish Rabo conspiracy.

and then to how fit people think he will be,

Yes, but look for the common denominator...

Its- LENSTUUUUUUUUURRRRR Bubbly Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 3559488474 Bubbly Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 3559488474 Bubbly Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured? - Page 2 3559488474

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Yes I know he's been missing.
Leinster's website is crap - no information about the RDS (last week), BOD this week.

The Rabo site (apparently on another's testimony) had BOD cleared as fit (although I couldn't find it).

And now I ask a straight question to the punters and as I check the poll before I hit <enter>, 100% still say yes.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 4:07 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:I for one would welcome you on board, if you'd just admit it.

You can even stay with me a few times per season if you'd like to come over for a few games in the RDS.

And if you ask Santa, he might just buy you the nice new Leinster jersey you've been wanting (only if you behave...)

Wink

Failing that you might get the opportunity to come to the RDS if Leicester make it to the Amlin final next year.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 4:08 pm

you are after bringing up three different issues again.

its ok to be wrong you know

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 4:09 pm

I voted for the 100% fit in the poll, but I would be willing to vote that 'Portnoys is acting a bit silly' or "This thread is slightly pointless" in other polls you might begin Smile

And guys- don't poke the bear. No need to be harsh to the man. We're talking foolish and slightly attention seeking, rather than malicious and on the WUM. Leave the jibes out of it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 4:14 pm

BOD has already said he'll be 95% fit.

What is the point of this thread? Headscratch
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:14 pm

There was an 'other' option Notch.

Some people just vote and later see a candidate further down the list and think "bugger! I'm stupid"
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 4:15 pm

As long as Portnoy persists with calling Leinster fans ladyboys I for one feel justified in calling him pretty much anything really.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Portnoy wrote:There was an 'other' option Notch.

Some people just vote and later see a candidate further down the list and think "bugger! I'm stupid"

does the "other" option suggest he is faking it and it was all a big scam???

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 4:17 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:As long as Portnoy persists with calling Leinster fans ladyboys I for one feel justified in calling him pretty much anything really.

Thats fair enough to be honest.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:19 pm

I don't mind the jibes Notch.

Only I need to be secure in myself that I don't wum.

I challenge every sacred cow on the street from Welford Road outwards.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 4:21 pm

Portnoy wrote:I challenge every sacred cow on the street from Welford Road outwards.

Don't you think that a little... delusional in the great scheme of things? As far as I can see you mainly cause mild irritation on a message board Headscratch
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Notch wrote:
Portnoy wrote:I challenge every sacred cow on the street from Welford Road outwards.

Don't you think that a little... delusional in the great scheme of things? As far as I can see you mainly cause mild irritation on a message board Headscratch

Possibly Notch.

The simple alternative is not to respond - which is what I did with GG...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 4:25 pm

Does anyone else think this thread should be a sticky?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 May 2012, 4:28 pm

It appears to be heading in that direction alright Stag. Wink

One more time Port - the Rabo website will have official attendances which is what you were looking for. Nobody said it would have information on BOD and I posted a video interview with him which was added to the site today. Any information on there or did you not watch it. I'd say there's little more official than words from the horses mouth.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:30 pm

red_stag wrote:Does anyone else think this thread should be a sticky?

Best ask Adam, Staggy.

He could host it and claim that it's his best ever.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 4:30 pm

I once asked a horse if I should bet on him. He told me not to, honestly straight from horses mouth. He said "nay"!!
Wink
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:34 pm

So once again, Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 4:35 pm

Portnoy what do you think about it?

You reckon he;s just milking it?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Portnoy wrote:So once again, Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

what do you think

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Portnoy wrote:So once again, Does anyone believe for a moment that Brian O'Driscoll is still injured?

No but I think you might have a bruised brain.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:44 pm

[quote="caoimhincentre"]

I think that that he's fit and Leinster's milking it to keep Ulster guessing.

I also note that five voters out of the eight that posted thank that he's 100% fit but don't believe that he's not match fit - which I believe is a little smug/bizarre.

what do you think?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 4:44 pm

[quote="Portnoy"]
caoimhincentre wrote:

I think that that he's fit and Leinster's milking it to keep Ulster guessing.

I also note that five voters out of the eight that posted thank that he's 100% fit but don't believe that he's not match fit - which I believe is a little smug/bizarre.

what do you think?

so you think he is faking the injury

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 May 2012, 4:48 pm

red_stag wrote:Does anyone else think this thread should be a stinky?

Fixed that for you Staggy OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 15 May 2012, 4:48 pm

No caio. Just recovered from an injury and a minor op and doesn't want to announce it.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 May 2012, 4:49 pm

My own opinion Portnoy is that were this a Rabo game BOD would not be playing.

However I think he is not badly enough injured to miss the final and don;t think there is a chance of it except for a fresh injury.

So yes I think he is injured. But no I think that he will definitely play.

To me this is extremely straight forward.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue 15 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Portnoy wrote:No caio. Just recovered from an injury and a minor op and doesn't want to announce it.

doesnt want to announce what???

he has already stated he will be ok to play

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 5:24 pm

red_stag wrote:To me this is extremely straight forward.

Indeed! There's not much to be said about it, which is why this thread is slightly amusing and strange.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 15 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Of course, the media will whip it up (see link below for sensationalist headline about innocuous quote) but there's not much to it. Brian O'Driscoll will play unless something unforeseen happens because he is desperate to do so. He may or may not be at 100&

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18051349?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next