The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea

+4
The Special Juan
Gregers
JDizzle
GSC
8 posters

Go down

Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea Empty Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea

Post by GSC Tue 22 May 2012, 3:17 pm

Torres' show?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea Empty Re: Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea

Post by JDizzle Tue 22 May 2012, 3:30 pm

Legend. clap

Unless Chelsea can get a swap with Athletico Madrid with Torres for Falcao, you'd imagine so.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea Empty Re: Drogba confirms he'll leave Chelsea

Post by Gregers Tue 22 May 2012, 3:32 pm

What a way to leave though,

Didier you will always be a Chelsea legend!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 May 2012, 3:33 pm

They'd probably have to throw 30m+ into the pot for that to happen.

Hulk to come inside off the wing seems likelier.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2012, 3:35 pm

French websites knew about his decision yesterday but been confirmed today to end the speculation.

According to Guillem Balague who is extremely well informed says Falcao is actually open to offers for around 30/35m euros by Atletico. After what Torres has said just make this swap deal seem more and more attractive for both clubs with Chelsea offering cash plus Torres for Falcao.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 May 2012, 3:40 pm

They just paid 40m euros for Falcao and he scored 30 goals last season.

Selling him for 30/35 seems optimistic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 May 2012, 3:45 pm

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official
338 appearances, 157 goals, 3 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 2 Charity Shields, 1 European Cup #Drogba #Chelsea
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 22 May 2012, 3:50 pm

If Chelsea got Falcao for 15m plus Torres, I think that would be a great deal.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 May 2012, 3:52 pm

Madrid would've been absolutely robbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlULn4qkH2c&feature=related
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 22 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Marseille. I think he'll go back to them instead of China.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Apparently there is some doubt about what Atletico actually paid Porto for Falcao. The owner stated that offers in the region of 35m euros would be accepted for their star striker after them failing to reach the champions league next season.

Falcao has won the europa league twice in a row hasnt he?.......Therefore a move to england and playing champions league football seems like the natural progression. The thing is this deal just seems to be too good to be true, especially as it's Torres old club Atletico.

As for Drogba, he's going to China for like £250k a week. Why would he re-join Marseille for less money and no european football if he wanted to stay in europe, doesnt make sense that move. China is where he will go and be kicked and pushed around feigning injury against 4ft 7inch chinese players lol!

Last edited by John on Tue 22 May 2012, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 22 May 2012, 4:08 pm

Don't you qualify for the Champions League if you win the Europa League?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2012, 4:09 pm

no

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 22 May 2012, 4:12 pm

JDizzle wrote:If Chelsea got Falcao for 15m plus Torres, I think that would be a great deal.

Not for someone that cost them £50m, that's a hell of a loss of cash.

Add to that he is a proven goalscorer in the PL and Falcao is not (yes, yes, he has been out of form, but he's looked a bit better of late).

No disrespect to Falcao, who I rate highly, just I don't see the value in that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Tue 22 May 2012, 9:30 pm

Have to admit, I was never a fan of Drogba due to his constant theatrics. However over the last few months I have warmed to his character (despite the amateur dramatics vs Barca). Personal opinion aside, he is undoubtedly a top player and will be a loss for Chelsea. Perhaps not so much week to week in the league as he has not had the consistent impact of seasons past, but he is certainly still a man for the big occasion.

That deal for Falcao would amount to a total outlay of £65million on an striker completely untested in the division. Sounds mad to me.

If I were Chelsea I'd hang on to Torres, give him the season as undisputed first choice striker, playing in a system built around his strengths. I believe he would prosper and Chelsea would reap the rewards. But if after a full season under these conditions, he was still not performing to his previous standards they should get shot and go for another big bucks no.9.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 23 May 2012, 10:10 am

It's hard for the new manager of Chelsea to take that risk with Torres jeff, because it'll be their job on the line if Torres flops. It's why Ancelotti, Villas-Boas and Di Matteo have all not had the faith in Torres because they're the one who will get the chop not Torres.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 23 May 2012, 12:06 pm

And it may be a big loss on Torres if they do trade him with Falcao, but it isn't going to be cheap to get the players in to build a system around him. They'll need another attacking forward/winger, like Mata, who won't be cheap. We need another midfielder as well, plus another striker to back up Torres. It isn't going to be cheap anyway we do it. That's before we even get on to our defensive frailties.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 23 May 2012, 12:11 pm

How much do Chelsea want to spend before they buy a striker who can score?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 23 May 2012, 12:17 pm

sodhat wrote:
JDizzle wrote:If Chelsea got Falcao for 15m plus Torres, I think that would be a great deal.

Not for someone that cost them £50m, that's a hell of a loss of cash.

Add to that he is a proven goalscorer in the PL and Falcao is not (yes, yes, he has been out of form, but he's looked a bit better of late).

No disrespect to Falcao, who I rate highly, just I don't see the value in that.

torres for 50 m was the loss. its allready quantified and lost if they cant see anyway for him to actually be the player he was.

Basically the point is the money has now become immaterial- if chelsea feel Falcao is the better option then the value of the player is the only thing to consider at this point in time.

The only way to get the two players at a point of a straight swap would be for chelsea to play torres for at least half a season and for him to prouce the goods- at that point what would then be the point in the trade

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Wed 23 May 2012, 12:26 pm

I know it would be tough for a manager to take that risk with Torres, but previously they have all had the comfort blanket of Drogba on the bench, and all have blinked and made the switch at pretty much the first possible moment. This is understandable given the proven calibre of the replacement option. It did nothing for Torres' confidence though.

He has had some serious bad luck this season. Early on he was looking sharp without quite applying the finishing touch but then got injured. He scored a good goal vs MU which could have turned his confidence around but then had that shocking miss which shattered it again. He scored a couple in the cup game but was then left out. He scored the goal against Barca which clearly did boost his confidence as he got 3 the following weekend against QPR. Then he was dropped again.

The risk is great, but so is the reward. What team in the world would turn down Torres back to best?

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 23 May 2012, 12:32 pm

It annoyed me that torres piped up about not starting in the CL for me.

It was obvious- drogba really was the driving influence in chelsea winning. The one up drogba and defensive play won them the cup- how could chelsea have played that way with torres!!!

surely he realises chelseas gameplan

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Wed 23 May 2012, 12:50 pm

Torres' comments were a bit out of place. If he thought he had a genuine chance of starting the CL final he is being wishful at best. That doesn't mean he can't prosper in the future.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 23 May 2012, 1:19 pm

its almost perfect for torres that drogba has gone- if he cant cement his place in the chelsea side- he only has himself to blame. But i think its ridiculas that he feels he should have started v bayern

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 23 May 2012, 1:30 pm

I don't think he had a problem with Drobga starting, I think he expected a place ahead of Ryan Bertrand who was making his Champions League debut. Presumably, from his comments, he'd have been happy to play on the left of a midfield.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 23 May 2012, 2:09 pm

right ok. but he must understand that chelsea had a clear system and that was defend with drogba upfront- holding up play and bossing the game in that area, there isnt much to suggest that torres would have been happy or effective to play a defensive type role on the left- is there??

Ryan is a LB - torres is a striker!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down