The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have TNA ever had Vince worried?

4 posters

Go down

Have TNA ever had Vince worried? Empty Have TNA ever had Vince worried?

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 05 Jun 2012, 20:53

I haven't watched TNA in a very long time. I used to watch all the time but things like MEM had me turning it off. Back in 2005, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels had an incredible match at Unbreakable. WWE could have put that match as the main event of Wrestlemania and it would have been a huge hit.

Now, I'm not sure when TNA has been at it's most popular but with feuds and matches like that, a bit of consistency and it could have built on the solid ground they had and had a go at overturning WWE as the number 1 wrestling company.

So this leads me to the title of the thread. Has there ever been a time where Vince, or major players backstage, have thought "hang on a minute, they may actually have the tools to do this"

This is my attempt at writing a thread.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Have TNA ever had Vince worried? Empty Re: Have TNA ever had Vince worried?

Post by Adam D Tue 05 Jun 2012, 21:01

UpsideDownFace wrote:

This is my attempt at writing a thread.

Laugh

Anyway , to answer your question, yes they have had the tools but havent used them.

From a purely wrestling point of view, TNA has a better pool of talent, although WWE has got better with the likes of Punk, Bryan, Ziggler et al pushing through.

The problem that TNA has had has been poor, inconsistent booking. However, recently, it has a gotten a hell of a lot better and is most probably better than the WWE at the moment. The main event booking has been excellent and has made Roode into a credible champ. On planet WWE, the champ is on mid show and forgotten about by the end.

TNA is getting closer to where it needs to be but will be hampered by its refusal to leave the impact zone. Dixie stated she wanted to but it wasnt viable due to cost. However, they have gone live this week and if they keep putting on good shows, they might be able to tour.

(the situation as I interpreted it is that they cant sell out arenas until they get a better following - going live might just do that).

If they do get on the road and continue live, I think they might finally be in a position to challenge from a product point of view which people want to see.

For the sake of wrestling, I hope they do.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 21:02

Simply put... No

I'm guessing the only time they may have been a little concerned was when Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff first took charge & made the move to Monday nights...Vince even brought Bret Hart back to counteract this. After a few weeks though it became apparent it was just another false dawn for TNA

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 05 Jun 2012, 21:07

Brady is probably right in that when they went live there was this small belief that TNA could reignite a Monday Night Wars, and WWE did counteract that with a big show. It turned out to not be the case and TNA stopped doing the Monday Night shows almost immediately.

Before and since that point, WWE will not have been concerned about TNA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down