The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are we worried about losing players down under?

3 posters

Go down

Why are we worried about losing players down under? Empty Why are we worried about losing players down under?

Post by Kingshu Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

Why are we worried about losing players down under?

There is always a big deal made of players, moving to Oz, but why are we so worried about that, should we not be more worried about losing players closer to home.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=150681

Antrims Sean O'Neill is one example of how we are losing players to football, who are unwilling to release players, for inter county games, will there be more like this in future?

And lets not forgot the biggest problem emigration, we lose more players to this than ever went down under.

(On a side note, is it a coincidence that London have gotten better durning the recession, or having a lucky draw that they prev didn't get).

The emigration can't be helped but we know the GAA are trying to tackle it. However players going to football Clubs that are unwilling to release them could be a worring trend, and take more players each year than the Austrialians.

Thoughts?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Why are we worried about losing players down under? Empty Re: Why are we worried about losing players down under?

Post by Kingshu Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

What no comments?

Is there a boycott against me or something

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Why are we worried about losing players down under? Empty Re: Why are we worried about losing players down under?

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:47 am

its just such a difficult poser to answer...i have started about 4 replies...but I talk myself out of the position I have adopted
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

No, Kingshu there is no boycott of you. You just pose a difficult question too close to the weekend. Look at the two dual Limerick players who have to chose between hurling and football this weekend. I think they have chosen hurling, but I stand to be corrected on that. Sooner or later they are going to have to make a choice seen that the Central Committee flatly refused to defer one of the games. My guess is that the GAA don't like dual players.

But your right on emigration, it's a much bigger concern, but what's to be done about it?

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down