The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather wants out of jail now!

+18
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
azania
Fists of Fury
AlexHuckerby
TopHat24/7
davidemore
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
OasisBFC
Sir. badgerhands
UpandUnder
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
KO-KING
Mayweathers cellmate
jimdig
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather wants out of jail now! Empty Mayweather wants out of jail now!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/06/mayweather-files-motion-to-serve.html

Trying to get out due to his poor health in jail, if this article is to believed. This is a joke IMO, he will probably get out too. If you don't like solitary Mayweather, then stroll on down the hall to the bunk bed filled cells and take your chances. Seriously, in America, justice is for sale. Already got a lengthy delay on his sentence - now this. Tut tut.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Mayweather wants out of jail now! Empty Re: Mayweather wants out of jail now!

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

what did expect in prision? dont beat women simples.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

to be fair to the guy, this is exactly the kinda nonsense a lawyer would do on our behalf if we went to prision.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:49 pm

you'd be suprised. my mates bro served 3 months of a 18 months sentence, and the rest at home (which amounted to about another 1 month)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

i think the prisons dont like having these big profile people in there jails just incase anything happens to them on their watch.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:you'd be suprised. my mates bro served 3 months of a 18 months sentence, and the rest at home (which amounted to about another 1 month)
Is your mates bro Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan? It seems its par for the course stateside when you've deep pockets. I was surprised he went inside at all.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

Come on, he's got a dry mouth, he should be released immediately.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:52 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:what did expect in prision? dont beat women simples.

Grabbing a woman's arm isn't really beating a woman - I don't agree with it, but the woman leaving on a stretcher is ridiculous - Was what he did wrong? Yes, but was it really Assault? NO

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

KO-KING - point is he has a sentence, he should serve it. He has already been allowed to delay it because of money he generates, which i find sickening. Just serve the 30 or 40 odd days and for god sake, drink some water if your mouth is dry

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

He shouldn't be getting locked up for 23 hours a day only inmates who have done something wrong in prison get that. Floyd hasn't done anything wrong in prison. He should be under house arrest.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

If he is complaining I say put him in with the normal inmates....see how long it is before his lawyers are begging for him to be confined lockdown again

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

It wasn't Floyd who decided he wouldn't be in with the other inmates it was the prison that decided it was for his own safety which isn't fair.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

alma wrote:
UpandUnder wrote:If he is complaining I say put him in with the normal inmates....see how long it is before his lawyers are begging for him to be confined lockdown again

I think his '0' would go fairly quickly if he were in with the normal inmates! 43 would try and 43 would succeed (probably at the same time)!

Because a professional fighter from the area he grew up in wouldn't know how to handle himself. Have a word with yourself mate.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
alma wrote:
UpandUnder wrote:If he is complaining I say put him in with the normal inmates....see how long it is before his lawyers are begging for him to be confined lockdown again

I think his '0' would go fairly quickly if he were in with the normal inmates! 43 would try and 43 would succeed (probably at the same time)!

Because a professional fighter from the area he grew up in wouldn't know how to handle himself. Have a word with yourself mate.

Pretty sure he can handle himself in the ring.

Pretty sure the guys that are in there with him aren't so well versed on Queenbury rules or fighting clean however.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

He prob is loked up 23 hours a day, vulnerable prisoners are often locked up on their own for long periods of time as only way to protect them.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:08 pm

yeah. have a word.

fight fight fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

He isn't vulnerable though. He may be a target but he can handle himself let him serve his time like a prisoner with the other inmates. The man is an athlete you can't lock him in a small room for 23 hours a day.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

But throwing a mega-rich, high profile athlete in with the general population would be throwing him to the wolves.

He'll more than likely be out in a few days anyway.

Must be tough in solitary though. Only the bedbugs for company and still being the least intelligent individual in the room.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:

Must be tough in solitary though. Only the bedbugs for company and still being the least intelligent individual in the room.

Lock him in a room with Ralphy and Waingro and he barely makes the top three

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

rowley wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

laughing Very true.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm

Why would all the inmates try and batter Mayweather? They wouldn't gain anything if they did and he could take most of them out in a couple of shots.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
rowley wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

laughing Very true.

Yet he's a millionaire and you are bitching about him. Jealousy is a bitch!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:24 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He isn't vulnerable though. He may be a target but he can handle himself let him serve his time like a prisoner with the other inmates. The man is an athlete you can't lock him in a small room for 23 hours a day.

JI disagree with the assumption that "he can handle himself" this is jail and he is 150 pound boxer, not Zeus. Have you ever seen the inside of a prison, or a jail? I have; those guys are beasts. Someone would approach Mayweather, bully him for money or straight up attack him for notoriety. He might be taken in by some fans, but if he were attacked it is not exactly going to be a case of a like size inmate tapping him on the shoulder and asking him for a spar. May is vulnerable in there, all celebrities would be. Robert Downey Jr said he survived without molestation but he had to fight and stuff. May can obviously handle himself one one one. But put him in there with a mentally deranged lifetime criminal who can kick,strangle,punch and stab to his hearts content; it's a different world mate.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:31 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He isn't vulnerable though. He may be a target but he can handle himself let him serve his time like a prisoner with the other inmates. The man is an athlete you can't lock him in a small room for 23 hours a day.

JI disagree with the assumption that "he can handle himself" this is jail and he is 150 pound boxer, not Zeus. Have you ever seen the inside of a prison, or a jail? I have; those guys are beasts. Someone would approach Mayweather, bully him for money or straight up attack him for notoriety. He might be taken in by some fans, but if he were attacked it is not exactly going to be a case of a like size inmate tapping him on the shoulder and asking him for a spar. May is vulnerable in there, all celebrities would be. Robert Downey Jr said he survived without molestation but he had to fight and stuff. May can obviously handle himself one one one. But put him in there with a mentally deranged lifetime criminal who can kick,strangle,punch and stab to his hearts content; it's a different world mate.

Yes I have seen the inside of a prison and it was grim.

I'm not saying it will be easy but he isn't a soft touch the guy fights for a living. You do the crime you do the time no special treatment. If you aren't putting him in with the other prisoners just put him on house arrest because locking him up for 23 hours a day is unfair. I understand he would be a target for some but so would a career criminal and they don't get special treatment.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:35 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:

I'm not saying it will be easy but he isn't a soft touch the guy fights for a living. You do the crime you do the time no special treatment. If you aren't putting him in with the other prisoners just put him on house arrest because locking him up for 23 hours a day is unfair. I understand he would be a target for some but so would a career criminal and they don't get special treatment.

Yeah maybe, I think the issue is he doesn't want to be inside at all and that's tough cheese. Lot's of people get special treatment inside too: nonses, suicidal people etc.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:20 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Yeah maybe, I think the issue is he doesn't want to be inside at all and that's tough cheese. Lot's of people get special treatment inside too: nonses, suicidal people etc.

Yes but he isn't a nonse or suicidal he is being kept away because he is rich and famous. It looks like he's getting out so its not really tough cheese. I just think its unfair to lock a man up for 23 hours a day who hasn't done anything in prison which other's would have to do to get locked away. His sentence is nothing more than a token gesture to keep people happy so they should just put him on house arrest.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

He can always go in with the others and get bummed? what's he beefing about, he's getting special treatment. Put him in with the general population, then he'll have more space.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:

He boxes for a living, he doesn't fight. He is an expert in an arena where he's protected by a ref and a lengthy rule-book about what can and can't be done. A few low blows from Zab (no pun intended) and a bit of a headbutt from Ortiz is about as tough as he's had to deal with. If he's in a 10'x10' cell with a 6'4" 300lb monster who'll elbow, butt, strangle, bite, knee, choke etc with no ref/warden I wouldn't give him a hope.

And lets not pretend like Floyd has grown up on the 'mean streets' of Grand Rapids, he came from a family of boxers who'd earnt fairly well and (admittedly partly through the proceeds of his dad's drug dealing) was never dirt poor and having to fight and steal to live.

Typical Yank justice, only applies if you're not rich enough to buy yourself out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:40 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
rowley wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

laughing Very true.

Yet he's a millionaire and you are bitching about him. Jealousy is a bitch!

Cool your skin sweetheart was in jest.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

He boxes for a living, he doesn't fight. He is an expert in an arena where he's protected by a ref and a lengthy rule-book about what can and can't be done. A few low blows from Zab (no pun intended) and a bit of a headbutt from Ortiz is about as tough as he's had to deal with. If he's in a 10'x10' cell with a 6'4" 300lb monster who'll elbow, butt, strangle, bite, knee, choke etc with no ref/warden I wouldn't give him a hope.

And lets not pretend like Floyd has grown up on the 'mean streets' of Grand Rapids, he came from a family of boxers who'd earnt fairly well and (admittedly partly through the proceeds of his dad's drug dealing) was never dirt poor and having to fight and steal to live.

Typical Yank justice, only applies if you're not rich enough to buy yourself out.

Just total pish anything else you want to make up?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

disagree, even if that para is totally wrong the preceeding one certainly isn't.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

I said above his sentence was a token gesture to keep people happy. 90 days for beating a woman is a joke thats why I said if your not going to put him in with the other prisoners put him on house arrest I don't think its fair to lock a man up for 23 hours a day unless he has done something while in prison to deserve it.

Floyds Mum was a crack addict. His Dad blew the little cash he made from the sport on crack and hookers which he admits. Roger never made a lot out of the sport but he did make more than Floyd Snr. Jeff wasn't very good and didn't make much at all.

Peter Quillins Mum who used to babysit Floyd his brothers and sisters said they were the poorest kids in the area.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:16 pm

Moi? Shocked

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:16 pm

Floyd lived with his mum in total poverty whilst she was on drugs when his parents split actually.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

He also lived with his dad for a period of time.

I only know this much because I watched this a few weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz5LxyUpxSA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

SugarRay - are you saying that "90 days for beating a woman is a joke" in that it is too long a sentence??

If so, you need to have a very close look at your morals and your understanding of society. If not, then ignore me.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

Of course I wasn't saying that. Morally I'm pretty bankrupt but I don't like a woman beater.

I meant it was a joke sentence, it was just to appease people who would act in outrage if he never got a sentence. He was on charges that could have got him 30 years and he ended up with 3 months!

Just put the guy on house arrest they did it with Paris Hilton because she never liked prison.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Of course I wasn't saying that. Morally I'm pretty bankrupt but I don't like a woman beater.

I meant it was a joke sentence, it was just to appease people who would act in outrage if he never got a sentence. He was on charges that could have got him 30 years and he ended up with 3 months!

Just put the guy on house arrest they did it with Paris Hilton because she never liked prison.

I agree Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

Ah I getcha.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

he doesnt like prison? he wants out? tough titties.

he's done a crime, he should have to do the time. he isnt a boxer in there. he's an inmate.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

But he isn't being treated like one. He's in on misdemeanour's so there is no reason for him to be in solitary. If its a case of treat him the same as everyone else stick him in with all the inmates. That won't happen though.

If he was white and had a wealthy daddy he would be out by now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:38 pm

I'm not defending what he did to his ex that was shocking. His lifestyle and attitude doesn't bother me I don't mind someone who came from nothing getting rich and enjoying life but a lot of people do.

I have a problem with him being in solitary confinement. If this was anyone else I would say the same thing. 90 days in solitary is worse than you would get for fighting with another inmate. His crime was outside of prison and the sentence is his punishment.

Prison is supposed to rehabilitate offenders not lock them away in isolation for 90 days that would cause the hardest of men serious mental health issues.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:03 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:But he isn't being treated like one. He's in on misdemeanour's so there is no reason for him to be in solitary. If its a case of treat him the same as everyone else stick him in with all the inmates. That won't happen though.

If he was white and had a wealthy daddy he would be out by now.

He basically is......colour is irrelevant, even in the States, he'll buy his own justice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:08 am

Judge denied house arrest. Good.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:45 am

Haha! Really must be getting to him man. Can he come back or will he do a Tyson? I think the former. He'll be peed and wanting to hit something. A man this time, lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:25 am

Denied? Maybe I'm coming round to PBK's thinking. If this was Lindsay Lohan she'd be free as a bird by now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

Like I said if he was white and had a wealthy Daddy he would be out by now. It worked for Paris Hilton she got out because she never liked it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

Wondered how long before race was raised as an issue.

Why should he be allowed to sit his sentence out at home?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:39 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Like I said if he was white and had a wealthy Daddy he would be out by now. It worked for Paris Hilton she got out because she never liked it.

What if he was black and had a wealthier daddy than the white person with a wealth daddy?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:44 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Like I said if he was white and had a wealthy Daddy he would be out by now. It worked for Paris Hilton she got out because she never liked it.

What if he was black and had a wealthier daddy than the white person with a wealth daddy?

He'd probably still be in jail. He should have hired Johnny Cochrane he wouldn't even be in jail just now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next