The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather wants out of jail now!

+18
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
azania
Fists of Fury
AlexHuckerby
TopHat24/7
davidemore
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
OasisBFC
Sir. badgerhands
UpandUnder
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
KO-KING
Mayweathers cellmate
jimdig
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather wants out of jail now! - Page 2 Empty Mayweather wants out of jail now!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/06/mayweather-files-motion-to-serve.html

Trying to get out due to his poor health in jail, if this article is to believed. This is a joke IMO, he will probably get out too. If you don't like solitary Mayweather, then stroll on down the hall to the bunk bed filled cells and take your chances. Seriously, in America, justice is for sale. Already got a lengthy delay on his sentence - now this. Tut tut.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Mayweather wants out of jail now! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather wants out of jail now!

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

We're probably treading a fine line here with this discussion however I do find it hard to understand how Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan found it so easy to walk out of jail after a few days if not hours (despite being repeat offenders) whereas Mayweather is denied the same leniency....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Mayweather wants out of jail now! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather wants out of jail now!

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

I suppose it depends on how much money you make the City/State, or how much you can give. He did get to stay out to fight but i am suprised that he ended up having to do anything other than a few hours.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

I think this is just to "teach him a lesson" - somewhat prove he can't do what he wants and then throw money at the consequences.

I hope he does his full tenure. He might learn something while inside.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:58 am

Doesn't seem that the courts have been that harsh.

He was allowed to go ahead with the Cotto fight and make a few million dollars when he could have been in chokey earning squat.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:44 am

He was allowed to stay out and fight Cotto because it was a major boost for the economy in Vegas which isn't doing so well it wasn't just for the benefit of Floyd.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:55 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was allowed to stay out and fight Cotto because it was a major boost for the economy in Vegas which isn't doing so well it wasn't just for the benefit of Floyd.

Granted, but he did bank a few quid out of it also.

Not like he fought for charitable reasons.

Confused by all the sympathy on here. He attacked his ex in front of his children so should take his lumps like a man.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:05 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:He was allowed to stay out and fight Cotto because it was a major boost for the economy in Vegas which isn't doing so well it wasn't just for the benefit of Floyd.

Confused by all the sympathy on here. He attacked his ex in front of his children so should take his lumps like a man.

Yes but he wasn't allowed to delay his sentence for his benefit it was for the Vegas economy he could have fought Cotto when he came out but the economy in Vegas needed a boost and he gave them it. I have no sympathy for him he deserved a proper sentence but he never got one my problem is with solitary confinement.

Prison is supposed to rehabilitate offenders not send them back out with mental health issues which spending 23 hours a day locked away in a small cell could do.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

If he can deal with the big show, I think he can handle a few perps.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Like I said if he was white and had a wealthy Daddy he would be out by now. It worked for Paris Hilton she got out because she never liked it.

The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it. Just think back to a rich black American known as the Juice that literally did get away with murder. Money talks in the good ole US of A.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

alma wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

Yes but he wasn't allowed to delay his sentence for his benefit it was for the Vegas economy he could have fought Cotto when he came out but the economy in Vegas needed a boost and he gave them it. I have no sympathy for him he deserved a proper sentence but he never got one my problem is with solitary confinement.

Prison is supposed to rehabilitate offenders not send them back out with mental health issues which spending 23 hours a day locked away in a small cell could do.

Cobblers. This was just something made up by his lawyer to keep him out of gaol. Do you want to kiss his bootay any more than you already have?

Really so the economy in Vegas isn't struggling and he didn't give it a boost it badly needed? The judge agreed that it was in the best interests of Las Vegas for his sentence to be delayed. Do a bit of research before you try and dismiss something when you know very little about it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

It's a big difference actually. If he went to prison in January he fights once this year. Delaying his sentence allows him to fight twice meaning more money for Vegas.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

Charge him with what?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:It's a big difference actually. If he went to prison in January he fights once this year. Delaying his sentence allows him to fight twice meaning more money for Vegas.

The boost to the Vegas economy was a reason trotted out by his lawyer and not a reason given out by the judge regarding the deferment of his sentence.

The reason the judge gave for the deferment was that sending him to prison would prevent him from fulfilling his contract obligations for the Cotto fight. Leading to Mayweather potentially being out of pocket if Cotto had of taken issue with this.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:It's a big difference actually. If he went to prison in January he fights once this year. Delaying his sentence allows him to fight twice meaning more money for Vegas.

The boost to the Vegas economy was a reason trotted out by his lawyer and not a reason given out by the judge regarding the deferment of his sentence.

The reason the judge gave for the deferment was that sending him to prison would prevent him from fulfilling his contract obligations for the Cotto fight. Leading to Mayweather potentially being out of pocket if Cotto had of taken issue with this.

The judge said she seen the benefits the Cotto fight would have on the economy in Vegas and let him stay out to fight. I don't think she was all that concerned about Floyds bank balance.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

No she was concerned with him fulfilling a legal contract that he'd signed.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

The Cotto fight hadn't been announced yet there was still Pacquiao rumours going around at the time. He had a HBO date and the MGM Grand booked but they would have allowed Floyd to delay because they know how much money he brings in for them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

If he was white and had a wealthy daddy he would be out by now.

that's utter rubbish.

he's a celebrity, which in america surpasses any race or ethnicity.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

OasisBFC wrote:

If he was white and had a wealthy daddy he would be out by now.

that's utter rubbish.

he's a celebrity, which in america surpasses any race or ethnicity.

Paris Hilton got out of prison because she never liked it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

alma wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

Cobblers. This was just something made up by his lawyer to keep him out of gaol. Do you want to kiss his bootay any more than you already have?

Really so the economy in Vegas isn't struggling and he didn't give it a boost it badly needed? The judge agreed that it was in the best interests of Las Vegas for his sentence to be delayed. Do a bit of research before you try and dismiss something when you know very little about it.

What statistical evidence do you have to support your contention that the Vegas economy is/was stuggling to the extent that it couldn't afford to wait 6 months for the 'shot in the arm' you say it so needed from the Cotto-PBF fight?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
alma wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:

What statistical evidence do you have to support your contention that the Vegas economy is/was stuggling to the extent that it couldn't afford to wait 6 months for the 'shot in the arm' you say it so needed from the Cotto-PBF fight?

Its common knowledge the Vegas economy is struggling and like I said it wasn't about letting him just fight Cotto it was about letting him fight twice this year giving Vegas an extra shot in the arm because he does generate a lot of cash in the area when he fights.

I have never said Floyd shouldn't be in prison in fact I said his sentence was a joke. My problem has always been with him being in solitary for 90 days and I would say the same about anyone unless they have done something in prison to justify them being in solitary.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:25 pm

If it's that common, back it up?

Nobody has justified either why a 6 month delay would cause it such a problem?

Not denying the money generated would be a boost, and I'm not that bothered about denying whether the Vegas economy is struggling slightly or not, but as a justification for not just delaying the fight 6 months it is absolute baloney.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

Word has it that Mayweather got beat in the prison pool and table tennis tournament and the humiliation sent him over the edge.

Mind if he'd beat his ex up in this country would probably have got 20hours doing an OAPs garden, and a fortnight in Magaluf to relax and help with his anger problem.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:If it's that common, back it up?

Not denying the money generated would be a boost, and I'm not that bothered about denying whether the Vegas economy is struggling slightly or not, but as a justification for not just delaying the fight 6 months it is absolute baloney.

Here you go if you are in insisting on being such a little bitch.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/apr/03/new-reports-confirm-las-vegas-lagging-economic-rec/

Where in the World is there an economy that is doing well? There isn't many and you know it.

I have never said I felt it was the right thing to do or that I agreed with it I have only said that's why it happened. Try reading what has been said before you jump in.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

I said I wasn't completely denying Vegas may be struggling a little, or that I was that bothered, it's the delay thing that's baloney.

That's simply false and stupid economics.

His sentence was due to start on Jan 6th, assuming (which would be a miracle) he served out the entirety of his sentence, he'd have been out at start of April and giving 4 months to recover and then have a decent training camp could still have fought at the start of August. The fight was booked and held in the first week of May therefore the anticipated delay was a mere 3 months!!

The is zero, nada, zippo, none, justifiable reason why Vegas couldn't wait 3 months for the fight. Yes it was Cinco de Mayo but it was a Yank v a Puerto Rican so revenues would've been much the same. If anything they could've double-counted n put some mediocre Mexicans on and would still have made at least some money.

It's present value economics, the time-value of money, a 3 month delay would have made no difference to Vegas' economy, struggling or otherwise.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I said I wasn't completely denying Vegas may be struggling a little, or that I was that bothered, it's the delay thing that's baloney.

That's simply false and stupid economics.

His sentence was due to start on Jan 6th, assuming (which would be a miracle) he served out the entirety of his sentence, he'd have been out at start of April and giving 4 months to recover and then have a decent training camp could still have fought at the start of August. The fight was booked and held in the first week of May therefore the anticipated delay was a mere 3 months!!

The is zero, nada, zippo, none, justifiable reason why Vegas couldn't wait 3 months for the fight. Yes it was Cinco de Mayo but it was a Yank v a Puerto Rican so revenues would've been much the same. If anything they could've double-counted n put some mediocre Mexicans on and would still have made at least some money.

It's present value economics, the time-value of money, a 3 month delay would have made no difference to Vegas' economy, struggling or otherwise.

I have never argued any of that.

Delaying the sentence allows him to fight twice that is probably how they justified it. Apparently GBP and Leonard Ellerbe are in negotiations with a few fighters just now hoping to make a fight happen in December.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:11 pm

Good to see the forum still has a D4 type character. Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

You clearly know nothing about me and haven't actually read what I have said so I'm wasting no more time on a muppet like you.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

So far on this thread you've called someone elses views "pish", called someone else a "bitch", claimed if Floyd was white he'd be out of jail and called me a "muppet".

Sad

Go put your Floyd jammies on, take some warm milk up to bed and have a little cry into your Floyd pillowcase.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

RatBoy66 wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Like I said if he was white and had a wealthy Daddy he would be out by now. It worked for Paris Hilton she got out because she never liked it.

The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it. Just think back to a rich black American known as the Juice that literally did get away with murder. Money talks in the good ole US of A.

Maybe because he didn't do it. "If the glove don't fit, you got to acquit"

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/apr/03/new-reports-confirm-las-vegas-lagging-economic-rec/

Where in the World is there an economy that is doing well?
There isn't many and you know it.

I have never said I felt it was the right thing to do or that I agreed with it I have only said that's why it happened. Try reading what has been said before you jump in.

The Angolan economy is rapidly growing so much so that they are deporting Portuguese illegal immigrants and have promised to bail out the Portuguese economy.

Just sayin' Very Happy

Ghana economy is also booming. So is South Africa Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

azania wrote:

Where in the World is there an economy that is doing well?
There isn't many and you know it.

The Angolan economy is rapidly growing so much so that they are deporting Portuguese illegal immigrants and have promised to bail out the Portuguese economy.

Just sayin' Very Happy

Ghana economy is also booming. So is South Africa Yahoo

That's why I said there isn't many. Very Happy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:53 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:So far on this thread you've called someone elses views "pish", called someone else a "bitch", claimed if Floyd was white he'd be out of jail and called me a "muppet".

Sad

Go put your Floyd jammies on, take some warm milk up to bed and have a little cry into your Floyd pillowcase.

Couldn't care less if he is in jail or not I like watching the guy fight end of. I have at no point said anything justifying what he has done and have never said he doesn't deserve to be in prison. I believe in fairness and equality and I don't think Floyd is being treated fairly by being placed in solitary confinement for 90 days that is it. The rest of what I said was just putting people straight who were talking pish.

I don't have Floyd Mayweather pillowcases I have Gucci ones.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 14 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I don't have Floyd Mayweather pillowcases I have Gucci ones.

laughing Why am I now picturing Liberace furiously typing away on a boxing forum? Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I don't have Floyd Mayweather pillowcases I have Gucci ones.

laughing Why am I now picturing Liberace furiously typing away on a boxing forum? Smile

The bedding is the choice of my Mrs I just pay for it. Although the Louis Vuitton pyjamas are comfy as hell!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2