The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread

+30
HERSH
maestegmafia
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
NeilyBroon
Wi11
Gibson
Pal Joey
IanBru
monty junior
GLove39
bsando
justified sinner
123skelm
Biltong
TJ1
RuggerRadge2611
Tattie Scones RRN
nickj
R!skysports
Dorothy_Mantooth
majesticimperialman
yappysnap
KickAndChase
propdavid_london
George Carlin
hugehandoff
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
34 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread Empty Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by RDW Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread

Fiji v Scotland

Churchill Park, Lautoko, Fiji
June 16: Kick off: 3.00am (BST)

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Ian Smith, Andrew Lees (both Australia)

Weather: 25 degrees and sunny (although was p!ssing down earlier in the week): http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2204506?day=2

FIJI:

15 Isimeli Koniferedi
14 Waisea Nayacalevu
13 Wereniki Goneva
12 Aloisio Buto
11 Watisoni Votu
10 Jonetai Ralulu
9 Nikola Matawalu
8 Netani Talei (c)
7 Malakai Ravulo
6 Iliese Ratuva
5 Leone Nakarawa
4 Apisai Naikatini
3 Setefano Somoca
2 Viliame Veikoso
1 Jeremaia Yanuyanutawa.

Replacements:
16 Tuatpati Talemaitoga
17 Waisea Daveta/Graham Dewes
18 Josefa Domolailai
9 Kelepi Ketedromo
20 Nemia Kenatale
21 Kameli Ratuvou
22 Metuisela Talebula.

SCOTLAND:

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Max Evans
13 Nick De Luca
12 Matt Scott
11 Tim Visser
10 Greig Laidlaw
9 Mike Blair

1 Ryan Grant
2 Ross Ford
3 Euan Murray
4 Alastair Kellock
5 Richie Gray
6 Alasdair Strokosch
7 Ross Rennie
8 John Barclay

Replacements:
16 Scott Lawson
17 Geoff Cross
18 Tom Ryder
19 Richie Vernon
20 Chris Cusiter
21 Duncan Weir
22 Sean Lamont

Last 6 Results:

Fiji

Wales - Fiji 66-0
Fiji - Samoa 7-27
South Africa - Fiji 49-3
Fiji - Namibia 49-25
New Zealand - Fiji 60-14
Italy - Fiji 24-16

Scotland

6-9 Australia - Scotland
13-6 Italy - Scotland
32-14 Ireland - Scotland
17-23 Scotland - France
27-13 Wales - Scotland
6-13 Scotland - England

Build up threads:
https://www.606v2.com/t30529-scotland-team-vs-fiji

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread Empty Re: Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Wow, you can tell that Scotland have gone up in the world rankings cps we now qualify for our own sticky match-thread thingy!! Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread Empty Re: Fiji vs Scotland - Second Summer Test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Indeed - Andy Robinson's job should now be safe! We've made it!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:45 pm

No need to go that far, fES!

PS It's your turn on the 'Who am I?' thread - whoever gets it right, poses the next one OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:47 pm

It's about time our test matches are properly recognised here on 606v2! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 pm

I normally know a few of the Fiji team but this time they are all new to me. Who are their stand out players?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 pm

hugehandoff wrote:I normally know a few of the Fiji team but this time they are all new to me. Who are their stand out players?
Not sure Huge, but I hope that Yanuyanutawa doesn't see too much of the action or the commentator will have a nutty trying to pronounce it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Its not televised in the UK though is it?
Couldnt find it on BBC or Sky anywhere.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

ESPN

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

3am, repeated at 2pm GMT apparently

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I checked the TV schedule to make sure it will be repeated at 2pm, and it will!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm

This means there will be a stream somewhere? Not holding hopes for Boston showing it at 10pm (though I think they might show the Ireland!)

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:13 pm

There should be - can give you suggestions if you require!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:35 pm

That'd be helpful mine are a bit out of date mate Wink

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Kick - check your Inbox. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Don't recognise any of those Fijians.

I imagine like most away games it'll be tough for the visitors as the home team will play with a lot of pride and will want to put out a marker as the top tier teams don't often (never) tour around those parts. Saying that Scotlands better fitness and coaching should see them through by the end of the game.

Just don't try to out run them

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Its not televised in the UK though is it?
Couldnt find it on BBC or Sky anywhere.

It is on ESPN at 3 am. I am taping it.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:02 am

yappysnap wrote:Don't recognise any of those Fijians.

Netani Talei was one of the Standout 8's of the HC this year with Edinburgh.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 am

Fiji are placed four places below Scotland in the IRB rankings, they have capped 12 players in the last two games, and at least two-thirds of their starting XV play amateur rugby on the islands. Robinson’s men must win.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Fiji are placed four places below Scotland in the IRB rankings, they have capped 12 players in the last two games, and at least two-thirds of their starting XV play amateur rugby on the islands. Robinson’s men must win.

It that 4 places just because we won in Australia - as we jumped 3 places then

We must win it though, as we now have most of the backline that we want to see with ball in hand (I am ignoring NDL - otherwise I will get a stiff letter from FES) and this is the backline (Give or take a few) that will be the core for years to come

Come on Scotland - and as I do not have ESPN - I will go blindly into the fore dear friends

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 am

What does a sticky thread mean chaps?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 pm

nickj wrote:What does a sticky thread mean chaps?

Means you forgot to take your pills

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

nickj wrote:What does a sticky thread mean chaps?
It means the thread will always be towards the top of your page when you open up the section in question (ie 'International' or 'Club', etc.) OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Well that's wonderful. Is that because we're playing well or because RDW is a top dog now?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 pm

nickj wrote:Well that's wonderful. Is that because we're playing well or because RDW is a top dog now?
A combination, I suspect

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Wink

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 pm

yappysnap wrote:Don't recognise any of those Fijians.

I imagine like most away games it'll be tough for the visitors as the home team will play with a lot of pride and will want to put out a marker as the top tier teams don't often (never) tour around those parts. Saying that Scotlands better fitness and coaching should see them through by the end of the game.

Just don't try to out run them

Done OK

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't think AR's ability to coach teams has ever been questioned though, more his selection policies.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I don't think AR's ability to coach teams has ever been questioned though, more his selection policies.

Uh disagree. The psychological fail that Scotland seems to go through can only be pinned on him. Most of the squad play in either Edinburgh, who won tight games throughout the whole HC, or Glasgow, who very rarely let a close game slip by. By contrast Scotland have to be 20+ points up at the end of a half and even then most Scotland supporters won't claim it's in the bag (Wales 2010 I announced just that in the pub - told I was loony ... well...). I know International rugby is just something else, but an international coach should be able to coach that.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm

nickj wrote:Well that's wonderful. Is that because we're playing well or because RDW is a top dog now?

And sorry to be a bore, but one swallow don't make a summer Sad

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 pm

This is why this is the most important match we have played since Argentina RWC 2007.

I did have a dream we got mullered but I am ill and I tend to have moderate nightmares when that happens - so I'm not passing it off as a vision by any means.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 pm

It's not something you forget though K&C. You don't forget how to close games out. If the playes need their coach to tell them how to close games out they have chosen the wrong career.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 pm

KickAndChase wrote:

Absolutely correct, the Australia game was a huge defensive performance that led to a deserved win, but tomorrow we need to see a whole lot more to be confident that "we're (back) playing well"

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:09 pm

KickAndChase wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I don't think AR's ability to coach teams has ever been questioned though, more his selection policies.

Uh disagree. The psychological fail that Scotland seems to go through can only be pinned on him. Most of the squad play in either Edinburgh, who won tight games throughout the whole HC, or Glasgow, who very rarely let a close game slip by. By contrast Scotland have to be 20+ points up at the end of a half and even then most Scotland supporters won't claim it's in the bag (Wales 2010 I announced just that in the pub - told I was loony ... well...). I know International rugby is just something else, but an international coach should be able to coach that.

I think the Scots have had that particular monkey on their backs long before Robinson got involved.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:14 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
KickAndChase wrote:

Absolutely correct, the Australia game was a huge defensive performance that led to a deserved win, but tomorrow we need to see a whole lot more to be confident that "we're (back) playing well"

Braveheart

You're both completely right. Poor phrase to use.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm

nickj wrote:
KickAndChase wrote:

I think the Scots have had that particular monkey on their backs long before Robinson got involved.

nickj & radge - it really is my belief that a good coach should be able to coach it out of them. Coaching is not just drills, fitness, squad selection, it is squad nurturing and psychology too.

What if a coach turned up on day one of training, worked the balls off of the squad (in a very effective manner) and showed them thousands of fantastic attacking set pieces and pointed out solutions to all their defensive frailties within the one session? But within that session he never addressed a single person by name but rather the number on their shirt. And insisted nobody speak to one another. And disappeared immediately as the session ended. I don't think that's a good coach. Extreme example and not entirely fitting into what we're specifically discussing but do you see how it matters?

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:07 pm

its true that the Scots national team do not appear well prepared mentally, the sports psychologist was sacked, Robinson got someone odd to address them before a game ( can't remember who)so he is obviously aware of the issue but he clearly cannot prepare them properly - preparation failings - the buck stops with the coach

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I am really looking forward to see how Scotland perform tomorrow, specifically Tim Visser, i have never seen him play but he sounds like the type of player that can finish moves, and for all the improvement Scotland has made over the last year with their industrious play, they lacked someone to finish.

So good luck tomorrow, hopefully Visser will be all he can be.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Just to clarify - I made this sticky due to a request from one of you lot!

I don't think it's anything to do with any notion that Scotland are inferior, it's just you have to be a mod or admin to do a sticky and I think I'm the only Scot!

Must try harder. warning

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Well Scotland *are* inferior at the moment, they got whitewashed and they're playing the Pacific Islands whilst the others are touring the big 3. Sad so I would understand!!

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm

But they did beat the world number 2. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Looking forward to the game, alarm is already set for 3am. Been looking for a stream to watch it but not having much luck though. Any suggestions lads?

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Sent you some suggestions OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I dont know how but could I have details?

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Well alarm is set for half 2 but still in the pub drinking Innis and Gunn, got a few lined up for the game as well. Think I might miss it live and do this schedule instead.

Aus Wales at 11 then replay of Scotland Fiji at 2 in Grassmarket Bar, then Saffers England at 4 and possibly some footy later.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 pm

I can't believe it, but it seems supersport is not broadcasting the match, unbelieveable. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 am

Right, collected the pizza, that's pretty much all the prep I needed.

Who's up for this? By that I mean literally but also ... WHO'S UP FOR THIS Braveheart

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:47 am

'ello 'ello! just back in from night out, ready for some rugby!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:48 am

@kickandchase I AM!!!! Braveheart

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:49 am

wahoo! Might be a lonely one for us mate Wink

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next