The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellery Hanley's views

2 posters

Go down

Ellery Hanley's views Empty Ellery Hanley's views

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 7:07 pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/not-in-my-lifetime-says-hanley/story-e6frexnr-1226396876786

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Ellery Hanley's views Empty Re: Ellery Hanley's views

Post by blackcanelion Sat 16 Jun 2012, 4:29 am

sadly he's right. I think Australia and NZ have managed to expand their game whilst it seems to me the UK has stagnated. The expansion of the NRL, increased income and exposure through television and shortening of travel distances through air services have all led to a much ore competitive league down south.

In contrast it seems like the game is still largely restricted to the same area in the UK. The loss of the French game and drying up of union transfers haven't helped. I can't see England improving until the IRL comes up with a workable strategy to develop the game internationally in Europe.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

Richard Lewes done a very good job in his role with the RFL. I hope his successer can carry on with all Richards good work.
I'm making a bold statement here, but i predict that England/GB will beat the Aussies in a 3 match test series and/or a 4 Nations tournament within 5 years.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down