The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Maynard

+21
Liam
Bathman_in_London
LondonTiger
JDizzle
mystiroakey
Mike Selig
Pal Joey
Seanusarrilius
Gregers
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
hampo17
Enforcer
Shelsey93
king_carlos
guildfordbat
GG
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
hodge
Fists of Fury
Carrotdude
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tom Maynard - Page 2 Empty Tom Maynard

Post by Carrotdude Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Reports all over the internet right now that Tom Maynard was killed in a car crash last night. I'm in shock. Hope that somehow this is a sick joke and not true.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Tom Maynard - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Maynard

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Recognising both would be nice, MM.

Maybe in the off topic section?

Why not Fists! thumbsup

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:59 pm

In this case, the circumstances are irrelvelant IMO......tragic and sad loss and he will be sorely missed by his family and friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I think people should do a thread to recognize our forces and not famous people.

From the perception of this Surrey supporter, this thread has little to do with the recognition of fame. I can assure you that several decades have passed since I had posters of sporting or other celebrities on my bedroom wall.

As far as I am concerned, this thread is paying tribute to the talent of Tom Maynard and the joy it brought to those who had the pleasure of seeing him play. It also expresses our deep regret that his ability did not have the time to fully blossom.

Regardless of the reasons for his death, I believe Tom Maynard and my colleagues here deserve that.

It is too soon and too raw for me to properly take in the circumstances of yesterday morning. All I can say for now is that they contrast so horrendously with the Surrey member's forum last September when Tom Maynard attended and spoke. He came across as an intelligent, pleasant, patient and slightly shy young man.

I'll try and write a little more about Tom Maynard in the next few days. I need a bit of time to properly collect thoughts. Yes, his death was apparently stupid and unnecessary. However, much of his short life was anything but.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:

Normal Person - Drives erratically through a town centre, runs away from the police, jumps in front of the underground.................what an idiot

I find any death tragic, and don't subscribe to the Sun/Mail reader view that "some people just have it coming". We all do stupid things.

A young talented person died unnecessarily: that is a tragedy, no more or less than any other unnecessary death.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

i am hoping he didnt mean that he had it coming- but it does seem like a terrible waste to me as well as a tragedy.

However mobilemaster he is a sportsman and this is a place to discuss sports- this isnt a place were we usually disuss our forces. Its just the way it is..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2