The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lara time

+3
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
davidemore
azania
7 posters

Go down

Lara time Empty Lara time

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:19 pm

Now that Ortiz has done what Ortiz does, the fight with Canelo is off. Who next for the Ginger One? Kirkland? That would be a superb slugfest. Kirkland comes to fight and his do or die attitude will make for an exciting fight with a come forward slugger like Canelo. I suppose that is the fight GBP will go for.

Lara is simply too good for a work in progress so called world champ like Canelo. It has to be him, but politics will dictate that it will not be.

azania

Back to top Go down

Lara time Empty Re: Lara time

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Kirkland is injured. Going to be interesting to see what they do with the date and a new opponent. Major F up by GBP.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:28 pm

GBP will search boxrec to find a suitable opponent as long as he's not called Lara. Guys here will lap it up as a good matchup.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:35 pm

Lol, no one wants Lara, Lara is the new Martinez. Thankfully Martinez is getting his fight now though, and a chance to KO the juice man.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Lara is like the desperate ugly girl in a party. Nobody wants him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:44 pm

Lara seems to be ducking the best. Fought a shot paul will (your words az) and then the likes of the unstoppable ronald hearns. He's been fighting pasties az. Where's ur proof that he's being avoided and its not the reverse?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:46 pm

maybe lopez will get a shot, he earned it last night.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

The desperate ugly girl still gets pulled, if you stay at the party too long.

Krilkland for me, throw more money at him and he'll fight. He wanted more money

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

More wumming from the seriel wummaniser. Give it a rest DeeMk.

Apparently Kirkland is injured or is his bank injured? That would be a good fight for reasons I gave above. But Lara is the better fighter and perhaps too good for the Work in Progress 'World' Champ.

Lopez is a good shout. A full 14lbs below Saul's weight division. I can see GBP selling that one and guys here lapping it up as legit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

actually good point, i forgot he came from 140.

i wonder whether ortiz will get his shot anyways, i wouldnt be suprised

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:actually good point, i forgot he came from 140.

i wonder whether ortiz will get his shot anyways, i wouldnt be surprised

Ortiz will get his shot at whoever the champ is. Schaefer has already said that it was a good move by Ortiz to quit to save himself from a more serious injury.

The kid is exciting and comes to fight. He remains fighting so long as he's on the up though. I reckon pride will force him to man up if he ever fought Canelo. He'd probably beat him and lose to Kirkland the next fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:07 pm

It's the way Ortiz got the injury that sucks. Mouth open people! Sure fire broken jaw fighting that way, on the back foot, against a guy who is slugging. He didn't want the W and it showed in the way he got the broken jaw.

He can't fight Canelo after that defeat, no way. Gotta move on now, everyone will buy the other Mexicans fight. What's his name? Juice boy, lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

Kirkland was already offered the fight but greed and an injury meant he didn't sign.

I can't see Canelo picking Lara, tbh I can't see any of cotto, mayweather or Canelo picking Lara, he just isn't an appealing opponent to those guys. Martinez, willaims etc have all been in that boat and now Lara joins the list of 'who needs them'

I also think that GB will realise that they will have to get a really good opponent as its PPV and it's on the same night as chavez-Martinez

If I was goldenboy I would make the cotto fight with perhaps a tune up sometime in July. That would be brilliant, cotto is no longer a top rank fighter so Arun cant block anything, cotto showed vs mayweather that he has still plenty of fight left in him, cotto would walk in as the favourite. Plus, it would blow Chavez-Martinez out the water, cotto is the 3rd biggest earner behind the obvious 2 (maybe a k bro makes more but he is a heavyweight) and there is nothing better than a puerto Rican vs Mexican on Mexican independence day

The only problem is that for once, Canelo will need to be offered the fight as cotto is the bigger name and picks who HE wants to fight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

davidemore wrote:It's the way Ortiz got the injury that sucks. Mouth open people! Sure fire broken jaw fighting that way, on the back foot, against a guy who is slugging. He didn't want the W and it showed in the way he got the broken jaw.

He can't fight Canelo after that defeat, no way. Gotta move on now, everyone will buy the other Mexicans fight. What's his name? Juice boy, lol.

Many boxers have their mouths open during the fight. Ali got caught by a punch from Norton whilst talking. It just happened that the punch landed at the precise point where a break was inevitable. I dont think Lopez threw that punch with the intent of breaking Ortiz's jaw.

As for Ortiz not wanting the W. That is silly davide. Of course he did. Do you think he thought of getting his jaw broken so he could pull out?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

I'm not wumming Az, you seem to think people are afraid of Lara. I haven't heard him demanding the big boys. Seems to be his deluded fans who watch him knock over can after can and think he's the next best thing.

After what Martinez did to Williams you would have thought he could have finished the job but he showed he might not have the power at the next level. He caught Williams flush all night and still couldn't knock him over (a shot p.will in your words).

But hey if your happy to watch him fight pasties then more fool you. Fact is he is a small fish in a large pond. Has no star value whatsoever, sorry Az you should stick to the P4P list Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

Canelo has fought the better fighters, Lara is a Friday night fights fighter. Small fry Wink
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I'm not wumming Az, you seem to think people are afraid of Lara. I haven't heard him demanding the big boys. Seems to be his deluded fans who watch him knock over can after can and think he's the next best thing.

After what Martinez did to Williams you would have thought he could have finished the job but he showed he might not have the power at the next level. He caught Williams flush all night and still couldn't knock him over (a shot p.will in your words).

But hey if your happy to watch him fight pasties then more fool you. Fact is he is a small fish in a large pond. Has no star value whatsoever, sorry Az you should stick to the P4P list Smile

Fair enough. I suppose Williams is still on the agenda.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

you cant really say canelo doesnt want any part of lara. for his next fight he has agreed with kirkland, williams and ortiz all which didnt happen one reason or another, he has been trying to get a decent fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:04 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:you cant really say canelo doesnt want any part of lara. for his next fight he has agreed with kirkland, williams and ortiz all which didnt happen one reason or another, he has been trying to get a decent fight.

I'm not blaming Canelo. He's a fighter and will willingly fight whoever is put in front of him. I'm looking at GBP for protecting him. They're building up a star and cash cow. He's a work in progress. Kirkland is a good fight for him and a winnable one. So was Ortiz. Lara is in the "who wants him" club.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

what has lara done to suggest hes ready for canelo? whats his best victory Az? clearly not a shot paul williams?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

The same thing Canelo did to 'earn' a world title shot.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

So u admit he has done nothing to earn a shot Az? Fair enough

Your idol Khan done well to climb the light welter rankings to win his title.

Get over it, Lara is a boring name, nobody cares about him. Canelo is the future, get on the hype train, you know you want it. Lara will prob fight another bum like Hearns.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So u admit he has done nothing to earn a shot Az? Fair enough

Your idol Khan done well to climb the light welter rankings to win his title.

Get over it, Lara is a boring name, nobody cares about him. Canelo is the future, get on the hype train, you know you want it. Lara will prob fight another bum like Hearns.

Ms Wummaniser, your skills are lacking. Try harder.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Fish in a barrell D4 number 2 Wink
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Fish in a barrell D4 number 2 Wink

Hahahaha. Still critical of Khan for not rematching McKloskey I see.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Freddy Hernandez next for the wrecking ball Lara and you criticize Canelo's opponents. Alright, Canelo has a belt, but this is what Lara feeds his fans after fighting Ronald Hearns. Enjoy that fight bud. Should be a good one.

Sheer hatred Az, like looking at a window when we read your comments, can see straight through them.

You must have had some bad experiences with red headed Mexicans and massive scousers over the years.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Fish in a barrell D4 number 2 Wink

Hahahaha. Still critical of Khan for not rematching McKloskey I see.

~Yea gutted. Hate seeing him work like a slave in the Eurospar shop haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

Its better he does that and save the paying public some money. I mean some silly Irish folks parted with their hard earned money to see that joker "fight".

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:42 pm

Anyway, Italy time. 3-1 to Italy thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down