The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout

+4
mobilemaster8
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
OasisBFC
hampo17
8 posters

Go down

Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout Empty Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 5:35 pm

Anybody else caught the front page of BoxNation's website? http://www.boxnation.com/

DON'T PAY THE PRICE!
TO HELP MANAGE LATE INTEREST IN SUBSCRIBING AHEAD OF HAYE v CHISORA, WE WILL INTRODUCE A REGISTRATION FEE FROM SATURDAY 7TH JULY. TO GUARANTEE YOU DON'T INCUR THIS ADDITIONAL FEE, WE ENCOURAGE ALL NEW BOXNATION SUBSCRIBERS TO SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

FURTHER, BECAUSE OF THE HIGH VOLUME OF TRANSACTIONS, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ALL NEW SUBSCRIPTIONS WILL BE ENABLED AFTER 6PM ON SATURDAY 14TH JULY.

Old Frank is milking this for all it's worth by the looks of things. It's not to help manage interest, it's to help fill his pockets! He's known about this event for months, why can't he put in extra staff/resources to manage the expected late demand for subscriptions?

Back to top Go down

Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout Empty Re: Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout

Post by hampo17 Tue 26 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

They all tend to say order in advance to ensure that you receive the programming. Nothing different here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout Empty Re: Boxnation Raising Prices for Subscriptions a Week Before the Haye vs Chisora Bout

Post by OasisBFC Tue 26 Jun 2012, 7:04 pm

im glad im away on holiday when the fight is on or i would have bought it. they have their first 'super fight' (as far as british interest is concerned) and they raise prices. dodgy bar stewards!

hopefully i'll find a bar with it on.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

The system that runs their registration crashed before the Vitali v Chisora fight and they ended up having to put it out on free view.

I don't see the problem if you know you are going to order the channel for the fight do it a week in advance and you don't need to pay the extra charge. Seems a bit obvious to me.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

So i presume if you are already a subsriber that the registration fee need not apply?

Better hope so!!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

It doesn't it only applies to anyone who subscribes from next Saturday up until a week later after the Haye v Chsiora fight. Everyone has plenty of notice. It isn't to fleece people it is to stop people piling in at the last minute and crashing the system again.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

thats fair enough then i suppose. Dont know why people dont just watch it online to be fair. There are numerous sites available for free! (no names!)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 26 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:It doesn't it only applies to anyone who subscribes from next Saturday up until a week later after the Haye v Chsiora fight. Everyone has plenty of notice. It isn't to fleece people it is to stop people piling in at the last minute and crashing the system again.

it's not incase it crashes the system.
they could have just said get your order in by a certain time or risk not being able to see the fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:It doesn't it only applies to anyone who subscribes from next Saturday up until a week later after the Haye v Chsiora fight. Everyone has plenty of notice. It isn't to fleece people it is to stop people piling in at the last minute and crashing the system again.

it's not incase it crashes the system.
they could have just said get your order in by a certain time or risk not being able to see the fight.

You clearly want to have a pop at Warren well do it but don't make something out of nothing the man is a a rat but is doing nothing wrong here. The system crashed before the Vitali v Chisora fight and it went out on freeview. If you don't believe me go look it up because I can't be arsed.

The charge will be no more than £2.50 which is hardly going to make a difference. If it was to fleece people it would have been put in place sooner than a week before the fight. They are clearly telling people if you subscribe in the week leading to the fight then you will be charged a small fee. It still beats £15 for a one off PPV.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Jun 2012, 11:43 pm

I am a boxnation subscriber but haven't renewed my subscription for a while.

They haven't had anything on in ages to justify the £10 a month. I'll subscribe again when it picks up and they start putting shows on every week.

2 average heavyweights won't be making me change my mind.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

alma wrote:Anyone who pays for a David haye fight after the debacle of his last three fights needs their head examined. There's not even any decent undercard! PPV for a domestic heavyweight fight! Crazy!

This.

Haye killed ppv for me. The Harrison fight should have been enough but I HAD to buy the Wlad fight really. I stream anything I can outside of Sky now.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:45 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:

Since when is an ex word champ defined as average?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:52 pm

tunes666 wrote:

Paper champion he won the title off of one of the worst heavyweight world champions in the history of the division. What did he do at heavyweight to be considered anything other than average? Don't be fooled by a title that was meaningless. Haye calling himself a world champion while Vitali and Wladimir were around and he had never laid a glove on them was embarrassing.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

tunes666 wrote:

Since the system collapsed and allowed the likes of Glenn McCrory and Bruce Seldon to be world champions.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:11 am

tunes666 wrote:

Paper champion he won the title off of one of the worst heavyweight world champions in the history of the division. What did he do at heavyweight to be considered anything other than average? Don't be fooled by a title that was meaningless. Haye calling himself a world champion while Vitali and Wladimir were around and he had never laid a glove on them was embarrassing.

To be a Heavy weight champ, you need to be one of the best around at that time... thats just common sense..

If there are no better heavy weights around, it does not make Haye Average... it makes him one of the best Heavy Weights around today with whats out there..

I dont like the guy but it does not mean I am going to ignore the fact he is a very good boxer.

I would not even call Chisora average as he gave Vitali an above average performance..

I would say the fight is between one of the best Heavy weights in the world at the moment behind the Ks, and one of Britain's most promising Heavyweights ..

For a boxing fan I cant see why the fight is not decent.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:20 am

Clearly there have been average world champions. Not saying Haye is neccessarily but there have been so many mediocre fighters that have picked up titles since the 4 belt system began operation.

Haye is also blatantly an average heavyweight by historical standards, even if he is one of the best ones around now. So it depends on the context its looked at.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:34 am

tunes666 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

To be a Heavy weight champ, you need to be one of the best around at that time... thats just common sense..

If there are no better heavy weights around, it does not make Haye Average... it makes him one of the best Heavy Weights around today with whats out there..

I dont like the guy but it does not mean I am going to ignore the fact he is a very good boxer.

I would not even call Chisora average as he gave Vitali an above average performance..

I would say the fight is between one of the best Heavy weights in the world at the moment behind the Ks, and one of Britain's most promising Heavyweights ..

For a boxing fan I cant see why the fight is not decent.

The heavyweights don't really interest me that much. Haye has beat Barrett, Valuev, Ruiz and Harrison. Povetkins win over Huck is better than every one of them and he gets slated for his opposition.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Jun 2012, 7:43 am

Given Seldon, Damiani, Hide, Ibgrabimov, Bentt, Maskaev and Liakhovich have all in recent years called themselves world heavyweight champion I think the position that someone can be heavyweigth champion and still be pretty ordinary seems eminently reasonable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down