The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All

+19
Mr H
The Awesome Giz
theundisputedY2D2
Hero
MetalMotty
The Rocks Microphone
Statto00
MIG
Adam D
dallym
Stonee21
Crimey
TopoftheChops
Ent
The Womble
MtotheC
GSC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Fernando
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All  Empty The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All

Post by Fernando Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Heath Slater has gained a lot of fans online over the past few weeks after his segments with various WWE Legends. There is an online petition started to get Slater in Money in the Bank. He wrote:

"Everybody want's to see me in Money In The Bank so @WWE make it happen.. Or you will be SORRY!!!!!!"

Who are these people Shocked

How many are actually Electric Demon Shocked

Is he related to the Undertaker as Gingers have no soul.......

In a serious note ive enjoyed quite enjoyed him over the last few weeks, Cringeworthy but funny none the less Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All  Empty Re: The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 pm

OK

I was going to put up an article myself about this. I was going to ask how many people on 606v2 have been converted in recent weeks?

The thing is - he's not doing anything different. He's been doing this cringey, self-confident, hilarious, slightly dorky stuff ever since Nexus & Corre split. That's why I saw so much potential in him - he genuinely reminds me of Edge and Christian in their tag title heyday, and its a great character to exploit - especially if you can back it up with a genuine in-ring talent and work ethic, which no-one can doubt that Slater does have. The only difference is he's now doing it on the big, shiney, live show now rather than NXT, Superstars or Youtube.

Are people really that fickle that they need talent to be on show on Raw to be validated? Surely not... after all, this board is mental for Dean Ambrose, and he's never been on Raw.

I hope he does get into the Smackdown MITB somehow, and comes out of it with a feud against Santino or Christian... ready for a nice little title win at Summerslam perhaps?? (Imagine that day, where I can collect my apologies, my credit, my ode to Heath Slater from MtotheC, my £25 from UpsideDownFace AND mark out like never before!) Smile

Back to top Go down

The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All  Empty Re: The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All

Post by GSC Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Its the internet. Popular things are trashed and under the radar things are heralded.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

If all that comes to fruition ED I would congratulate Heath for his hard work and herald you as visionary and quite happily write the heath slater anthem!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I have found myself pleased to see him recently. I don't tend to switch off anymore. He is entertaining in his own unique way. I am not a fully fledged converter yet but I'm on the road to it. Well done Heath!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:35 pm

He's rubbish, wrestling fans are just mental. People liked the funkasauras when he debuted.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 pm

One man rock band! Slater for US champ!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I think he's just the latest guy to get the internet's backing almost as a joke...anybody remember Zack Ryder? It was only a couple of months ago that there were some people pushing him to be in main events and such, and now he can barely get on TV.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:34 pm

I think its a little harsh to call it a joke Crimey. I think people are genuinely getting behind him. It takes me back to an interview Triple H gave round about Wrestlemania time, where he said the guys who get the pushes will be the ones who make things happen for themselves rather than sit back and wait for it to happen. And I think that's also the kind of "superstar" the internet fans appreciate too.

And I think that's what Slater has done, firstly with the Flo Rida feud (even if it doesn't eventually come off), and secondly by stealing the show, and making people laugh whenever he gets a moment to talk - whether it be on NXT, Superstars, Raw, Smackdown, or mostly (until recently) on shows like the Youtube "Behind the Scenes" videos etc. Getting his name out there, and making it stick.

If Triple H's interview was the truth, then Slater is exactly the kind of guy he wants on board. And I think he's the sort of person that the WWE "Universe" would actually like to see get a bit of mic time now and again.

Cole loves him now.
He's in Booker T's Fave Five.

I think the people backing him are actually being entertained by him, rather than it being a joke.

Also - though comparisons can be made to Zack Ryder, who played the internet to make something happen, ultimately his character is a bit lame and he actually has no charisma or acting ability. Once Slater gets to the next stage of his career, I'm sure he can stay there because he does have a good character, does have charisma, and can act.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm

ED just got it spot on for me, the guy is hilarious! From the accent, the look even down to his facial expressions and body movement, I just can't help but crack up when he goes on a rant.

He will probably never make it past the mid card but I think that would be a good achievement for him, he is like a Santino and Ryder character, it's just that Slater is genuinely funny and it is not forced.

Wrestling, especially the WWE would be so much more boring without the odd characters who are there just to make you crack up.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 pm

His segment with Piper and whoever the singer was a few weeks back was pretty cringeworthy tbh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm starting to like him.

He's being given some time on the microphone and he's drawing a response from the crowd. If he could put on a few decent matches or find a tag partner with a similar persona then he could have a bright future

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 am

Spoiler:

Heath just tweeted this of himself.

Stone Cold tonight?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 am

Can you imagine....

Heath : Ah'm the Greatest Superstar on Raw Baby. ME! And that's the bottom line... because Heath Slater said so.

*SMASH*

I'm wearing some Tena Man tonight!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 am

Electric Demon wrote:Can you imagine....

Heath : Ah'm the Greatest Superstar on Raw Baby. ME! And that's the bottom line... because Heath Slater said so.

*SMASH*

I'm wearing some Tena Man tonight!!!

What?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Heath was mentioned by CM Punk in a tweet this morning too.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:19 pm

What did he say?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I think someone asked him who his favourite wrestler is and he said he's jealous of Heath Slater right now. Something along those lines.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:44 pm

He must be facing Austin then!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

So ED do you have a victory dance prepared for when Heath finally wins a belt and you win all this bets, you need a funky endzone dance like Elbert L. Woods. If you don't know it here it is....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-m-Fmd1lY

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fernando on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : potential spoiler)

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:52 am

From Ewrestlingnews

-- Heath Slater tweeted the following after getting beat up by Bob Backlund on Monday's RAW: "All of these so called legends are making me sick. Stay out of my spot light. 1000th Raw is very soon, so all of you better watch out."

WWE is planning a big payoff to the Heath Slater vs Legends angle on RAW's 1000th episode.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 am

Hero wrote:From Ewrestlingnews

-- Heath Slater tweeted the following after getting beat up by Bob Backlund on Monday's RAW: "All of these so called legends are making me sick. Stay out of my spot light. 1000th Raw is very soon, so all of you better watch out."

WWE is planning a big payoff to the Heath Slater vs Legends angle on RAW's 1000th episode.

I reckon Heath's gonna swerve us all and form a faction with the legends. All they need is a name.

Legends of RAWK.

Slater Raters.

Slater's Mass Debaters.

Slater's Alligators.

Slater's Potaters.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:34 pm

I still reckon they just drew a name out of a hat for this legends angle, Slater got lucky his only real quality is that he can sell finishers half decent.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:I still reckon they just drew a name out of a hat for this legends angle, Slater got lucky his only real quality is that he can sell finishers half decent.

I'm calling bull on that.

Slater is a trusted safe worker, and he makes people look great - that's why he's with the legends. Unselfish and professional.
They've only "still got it" because he's working damn hard to make them look like they have. Particularly in the Vader match!
And he draws real heat.

And I think he's being rewarded for putting in the effort with Flo Rida

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Oh yeah I forgot your Slaters only fan ED. Still your entitled to your opinion.

I would question he draws real heat, I think most people think why is this ginger fella on tv.

What effort with Flo Rida, I'm fairly sure all he did was say a few words to the guy then got punched in the face, and his reward is jobbing to old men who are past it, and possibly jobbing to Flo Rida himself. The only thing he has gained is some tv time.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm

That's a reward in itself, no?
He wasn't on TV before - and now he is. He got a VT last week. He got 2 matches on Raw this week. Vader was massively complimentary and grateful towards Slater in post-match interviews.

He does draw heat - you can't deny that.
And he has done every time he's appeared on TV in the last year.

He got into a tweet battle with Flo, they were talking about a Summerslam match, Flo posted a video about Slater on his official youtube channel - all getting WWE some exposure. I bet Vinny appreciated that.

You can't say he was drawn out of a hat. No-one else in the WWE could have played this as well. He's so comedic.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Ain't you got a bet going with someone about Slater being world champion by 2014 or something?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Not world champion
I'm not an idiot Laugh

I've got three wagers on the go;

Slater to win US Champ at Summerslam : Stake = Prestige
Slater to win a singles title by WM 2013 : Stake = Username Change
Slater to win a singles title by WM 2014 : Stake = £25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:21 pm

If you get any of those wagers right your a lucky idiot mate.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 pm

It's not luck though is it?
I've predicted something, and when it comes to pass, I'm a correct and vindicated idiot who knows talent when he sees it.

It's like when you hit a treble 20 - and someone says "you lucky Bar Steward" - it's not luck is it... I was aiming for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:If you get any of those wagers right your a lucky idiot mate.

You're

Bugs me.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 pm

#MrHEnglishlessons

Last edited by bretmeharty on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank you Mr H, you've done more than my english teacher of 3 years could teach me.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm

The Mr H English Language Lessons Revolution is coming - God Help Us All

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

He can't even spell his own surname - he can only manage one letter.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Like Jack Black in School of Rock. Just call me Mr S.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:57 pm

He's only a third of the man that Paul Michael Levesque is.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 pm

I can spell my surname, i'm just too ashamed to use it on here.

#MrHEnglishLessons, trending worldwide.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Horsesass?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:43 pm

The boy has done well....

Spoiler:

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Not too shabby Mr. Slater.
Not too shabby indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

He must have a third leg or something, the mans batting well above his average there.

I bet he listens to her doesn't he.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 pm

But what is with her left ear? Looks a bit funny to me.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Mr H wrote:But what is with her left ear? Looks a bit funny to me.

Now you're being picky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Right so who's dying their hair ginger tonight?

[spoiler]The Heath Slater Revolution is coming - God Help Us All  Sheamus_wwe-girlfriend[/spoiler

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

So is Slater doing the job for returning Legends every week?

Is that seen as a good thing?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Not for me that one

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 am

Slater is hilarious. The accent obviously helps to add to it but he is playing a great role here. Its his reaction to these returning legends that makes it funny for me. He's doing a great job and I don't think it will be too long before we see him move up towards the mid card and start challenging for the IC/US titles.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next