The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread

+45
Stella
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
monty junior
Ent
kemet
Corporalhumblebucket
TRUSSMAN66
Josiah Maiestas
dublin_dave
Lumbering_Jack
JamesLincs
kwinigolfer
NedB-H
The Special Juan
Duty281
Gregers
Beer
Kay Fabe
drsambo1928
TopHat24/7
Gordy
mckay1402
compelling and rich
lfc91
Mat
theundisputedY2D2
Lee
hampo17
Liam
nasisillmatic
MetalMotty
mystiroakey
ncfc_Tooze
Small Time
liverbnz
mobilemaster8
LivinginItaly
Kenny
Soldier_Of_Fortune
marty2086
lorus59
GG
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Crimey
49 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 15 Empty Liverpool FC Thread

Post by Crimey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Liverpool FC

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 15 Liverpool

Transfers in:

Fabio Borini (£11 million)
Joe Allen (£15 million)
Joe Cole (return from loan)
Oussama Assaidi (£2.4 million)
Nuri Sahin (on loan)
Samed Yesil (£1 million)

Transfers out:

Dirk Kuyt (£1 million)
Maxi Rodriguez (Free)
Fabio Aurelio (Free)
Alberto Aquilani (£7 million)
Craig Bellamy (Free)
Andy Carroll (loan)
Jay Spearing (loan)
Charlie Adam (£4 million)

Last edited by Crimey on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm; edited 6 times in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread

Post by Kenny Sat 22 Sep 2012, 8:51 am

watched it lastnight , i have to say Rodgers came across as though he is immersing himself into the club he seems to understand just what the club meens to the fans
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

big game this weekend my hub cap stealing friends!

predictions then? im going to go with a draw, while you clearly are not the best team at the moment you will raise your game as you normally do against us, i expect a team simlar to last year from fergie which will be hard to break down. i do hope rvp could be the difference in tight games this season and could well make the difference on sunday

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

While i do think we are improving and getting used to the new system we still aren't converting our chances enough so i think Man U should be to strong for us tomorrow 1 - 2 . I hope i'm wrong ,as as we showed against City we can out play anyone on our day we just need to put the ball in the back of the net !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 22 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

I was hoping that Rodgers would drop Borini who seems to be struggling under the pressure to score goals, but the fact that he only came off the bench in the Europa League game makes me think he'll start.

I'll go for 1-0 to United.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2012, 1:58 pm

I think we'll beat em. It will be tight and ugly but I'm going 'Pool 2-1. The big games never worry me, it's the matches against the so called smaller teams that do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Sep 2012, 1:33 pm

Bravo to the fans for respecting each other before kick off .

Now lets get into em !!!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

Brainless from Shelvey
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:43 pm

Sorry that wasn't a red card for me and im not a blinkered fan , he got the ball yes he caught he with the follow through but he cant suddenly make his legs disappear . When football was football that would of been a great tackle
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Sep 2012, 3:06 pm

And now we have a diving display from Valencia ! mad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 23 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Think we can take a lot of pride from that performance, passed United off the park even after Shelveys red card. Hopefully the new style is starting to sink in and we'll see results start to change.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:34 pm

While agree we were the better side , playing well and not winning sucks
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:54 pm

Big game at Carrow Road next week.

#(somehow)stillbehindthemightycanaries
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 23 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

I'm not going to comment on the referee's performance as I think it's pointless to suggest that he was the problem. It's the same old story, plenty of possession, arguably the better side, yet can't put the ball in the net and make silly mistakes at the back.

I'm hoping Agger and Kelly aren't out too long as I worry that Rodgers will start starting Carragher which is a recipe for disaster.

I think Shelvey will quickly be forgiven, he got caught up in the occasion and was eager to make a mark on the game. Stupid tackle, but he's only 20 and I remember a certain Steven Gerrard making similar rash tackles in his early days (and the occasional one now). He'll learn to calm down. More disappointing was his reaction, but understandable considering the 50/50 nature of the tackle.

The Norwich game is a must win now for Rodgers, got through the difficulties of Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United, time to start picking up points.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:51 am

you were certainly the better team, in fact i thought we were awful. one of our worst performances of the season so far, but we won Headscratch

i thought it was a red, pretty much everyone in the pub did, bar one person and he was a liverpool fan. you cant leave the ground like that anymore its all about having a element of control in tackles and he didnt have any. seems like a bit of a hot head shelvey his reaction to fergie was beyond stupid. fergies reaction summed it up. in the end he cost you the game.

your biggest problem is your lack of a out and out striker, plenty of posseion but when it comes into the final third very little ideas. despite you dominating most of the game lindergaard didnt have much to do.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:23 am

dismal United performance. Refused to celebrate that win as it was never a penno. Personally, all in all, penno aside, I don't think the ref's performance was that shocking. Did think it was a red, especially from the ref's angle, and thought Evan's tackle was materially different from Shelvey's.

After that there were plenty of decisions that went both ways, though none as significant as the pen or red card obviously, for example RVP's sliding tackle was absolutely perfect but he got booked for it.

Also, it's pathetic to complain about the Saurex penno. 1) he's a massive cheating diver, this is always going to count against him, and as the ever astute GNev pointed out it was his over-dramatic throw back of the head and tumble that probably convinced the ref the wrong way (compare that to Valencia's straight pancake which did get a pen [wrongly]). 2) It took super super frame by frame slow mo to show that Evan's foot touched Suarez's before the ball. You can never expect to get that kind of decision in real time, esp when the ball goes the right way to indicate a clean tackle.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:24 am

Should also note though that as an England fan I was v happy to see Sterling put in another cracking performance. That lad def looks a bit special!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:dismal United performance. Refused to celebrate that win as it was never a penno. Personally, all in all, penno aside, I don't think the ref's performance was that shocking. Did think it was a red, especially from the ref's angle, and thought Evan's tackle was materially different from Shelvey's.

After that there were plenty of decisions that went both ways, though none as significant as the pen or red card obviously, for example RVP's sliding tackle was absolutely perfect but he got booked for it.

Also, it's pathetic to complain about the Saurex penno. 1) he's a massive cheating diver, this is always going to count against him, and as the ever astute GNev pointed out it was his over-dramatic throw back of the head and tumble that probably convinced the ref the wrong way (compare that to Valencia's straight pancake which did get a pen [wrongly]). 2) It took super super frame by frame slow mo to show that Evan's foot touched Suarez's before the ball. You can never expect to get that kind of decision in real time, esp when the ball goes the right way to indicate a clean tackle.

I would actually disagree with this comment TH, if you listen to alot of pros now they all say that if there is contact then a player has every right to go down and this is exactly what Suarez does, waits for the contact and goes down although a little over the top on occasions. It says a lot about the standard of refereeing that they look at what players have done in the past and use that information to make a decision, it means they'll make alot of wrong decisions against certain players.

The ref wasn't to blame yesterday despite making some strange decisions, our awful finishing record and clumsy defending was. I just hope Agger isn't out for to long, although Coates could be a like for like replacement.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:03 am

not saying plenty don't do it also (I'm a United fan remember, Young is shocking!) but for overall cheating Suarez is one of the most disgusting players in the game.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

hampo171 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:dismal United performance. Refused to celebrate that win as it was never a penno. Personally, all in all, penno aside, I don't think the ref's performance was that shocking. Did think it was a red, especially from the ref's angle, and thought Evan's tackle was materially different from Shelvey's.

I would actually disagree with this comment TH, if you listen to alot of pros now they all say that if there is contact then a player has every right to go down and this is exactly what Suarez does, waits for the contact and goes down although a little over the top on occasions. It says a lot about the standard of refereeing that they look at what players have done in the past and use that information to make a decision, it means they'll make alot of wrong decisions against certain players.

The ref wasn't to blame yesterday despite making some strange decisions, our awful finishing record and clumsy defending was. I just hope Agger isn't out for to long, although Coates could be a like for like replacement.

Sorry Hampo, but Suarez is a disgrace to football, not just Liverpool. I have never come across such a cheating, card waiving, diving, mouthy and loathable individual.

He really is a disgrace.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

Sorry Hampo, but Suarez is a disgrace to football, not just Liverpool. I have never come across such a cheating, card waiving, diving, mouthy and loathable individual.He really is a disgrace..

Why are we talking about Wayne Rooney in a Liverpool thread?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:08 pm

Crimey wrote:Another good goal.

I don't get why some people don't rate Shelvey. He's awesome.

I saw him live at the Stadium of light last weekend and he's looks the most talentless,clumsy player i've ever seen.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

monty junior wrote:

I saw him live at the Stadium of light last weekend and he's looks the most talentless,clumsy player i've ever seen.

only a Liverpool fan could call Shelvey 'awesome'. He makes Lucas look top notch...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

liverbnz wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

Sorry Hampo, but Suarez is a disgrace to football, not just Liverpool. I have never come across such a cheating, card waiving, diving, mouthy and loathable individual.He really is a disgrace..

I dont like Rooney but to compare him to Suarez is plain wrong.

Honestly, as a Liverpool fan, do you not see he is just an out and out cheat?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

Agger injury not as bad as feared. If it's medial ligament and he doesn't require surgery he should be back in 8 weeks max although he is an incredibley slow recoverer (is that a word?)

Borini has a badly bruised ankle (is this even an injury?).

Lucas is progressing well with his recouperation.

Bad news:

Kelly to be out until next year (not sure if that's calender or football).

Joe Cole is close to a return to action.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
monty junior wrote:

only a Liverpool fan could call Shelvey 'awesome'. He makes Lucas look top notch...

Lucas is a very underrated player, he's kept Uniteds midfield in check the last few times we've played them. He had a really poor start to his LFC career and some people chose to remember that player instead of the very very good defensive midfielder he's become.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:22 pm

Lucas is top notch and most pundits and players think so, I'd say there aren't many players in the league who do his job as well as he does. He cleans up defensively, and gets move started with ease. I imagine he'll come straight back into the first team once fit, and I attribute a large part of the problem last season to Lucas' long term injury which left the team unbalanced.

I also think Shelvey is a top player and am glad that Rodgers has shown a lot of faith in him by starting him in big games like this one. He's got a very bright future, can't pass, shoot, tackle (usually) and is a lot more dynamic than a player like Henderson.

I'd also say that he didn't cost Liverpool the game at all, who stayed in control in the same way before and after his card. It was only because of a silly mistake and a soft penalty that the game was lost.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
liverbnz wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

I dont like Rooney but to compare him to Suarez is plain wrong.

Honestly, as a Liverpool fan, do you not see he is just an out and out cheat?

Depends what you mean by out and out? He moans to much, exaggerates contact and is over-dramatic but are you saying he goes with the intention to cheat? I don't think so. He's an easy guy to hate if he's not in your team, but refereeing decisions should be made on merit and not on reputation. He doesn't help himself sometimes but the picture painted of him as the biggest villian in football is pantomine journalism.

Neither was I comparing Suarez and Rooney as the latter is as loathsome as the come.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Rooney isn't a very likable guy, but Suarez edges it for me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

hampo171 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
monty junior wrote:

Lucas is a very underrated player, he's kept Uniteds midfield in check the last few times we've played them. He had a really poor start to his LFC career and some people chose to remember that player instead of the very very good defensive midfielder he's become.

In fairness he is pretty decent, in the good to very good category for me on a good day.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 5:30 pm

Just wanted to know from Liverpool fans whether or not they think it's going to get worse before it's going to get better. The start to the season has obviously been bad and now the injuries are taking their toll. I know it's a transitional period for Liverpool under Rodgers and his style of play but do you realistically think with the competitivess of the EPL that you could finish bottom half this season. Suarez and Borini are hardly prolific and without a finisher you could struggle immesely as proven already this season. I think it will another season before Liverpool are sorted out and Rodgers will need that time to work on the team and get them playing the way he wants before you can realistically challenge for a top 4 position.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

Got to get better, surely?

V poor start but that performance against United would beat 75% of EPL teams.

As has been mentioned before though, you really are short a topclass reliable striker but I can't see you buying one without liquidating Carroll first.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

Do Liverpool fans see anything in this team that suggests they're better than they were last season?

Personally as an outsider I believe they look significantly weaker, for me there wasn't a really big problem last season, they didn't score enough goals, particularly at home but they made an unbelievable amount of chances, they hit the woodwork a record amount of times and I just felt that sooner or later that would change, hitting the post and bar again so often for me wouldn't happen, also I felt that they would have signed a better goalscorer this Summer too

At the moment I wouldn't say they look more than an above average EPL team at the moment when last season I felt they looked like a potential top 4 side who just needed to be a bit more clinical in front of goal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

Given the loss of Kelly and potentially Agger through injury and the fact that Borini is now struggling with a niggle (to compound his struggle to adapt to the EPL). I'd say LFC might struggle through no real fault of their own. They play some lovely football but lack a decent finisher and, if we have to rely on Carragher and Coates at the back, we could end up leaking more goals than we score.

However, Rodgers will survive this first season if for no other reason that the owners screwed up in the August transfer window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Do Liverpool fans see anything in this team that suggests they're better than they were last season?

Personally as an outsider I believe they look significantly weaker, for me there wasn't a really big problem last season, they didn't score enough goals, particularly at home but they made an unbelievable amount of chances, they hit the woodwork a record amount of times and I just felt that sooner or later that would change, hitting the post and bar again so often for me wouldn't happen, also I felt that they would have signed a better goalscorer this Summer too

At the moment I wouldn't say they look more than an above average EPL team at the moment when last season I felt they looked like a potential top 4 side who just needed to be a bit more clinical in front of goal

I totally agree, I think it was a knee jerk reaction from the owners when the season didn't quite go to plan. However, there were a lot of good signs, while the same can be true of this season, there were still better results last year. I think the lack of goalscorer will continue to cause problems, but whoever is signed will have that much pressure heaped on their shoulders it will be so hard for them to live up to expectation.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Was it a knee jerk reaction to results though that cosy Kenny his job?

I watched the game with my old man yesterday and we got talking about why Dalglish was sacked, we ended up agreeing that it could possibly have more to do with how he handled the Suarez situation than how his team actually performed.

I'm not knocking Brendon Rodgers, I feel he's been let down by whoever is in charge of the transfers at Anfield and he does deserve time however personally I felt that due to winning a cup and their all round play Kenny Dalglish deserved one more season, also, not being wise after the event but I've always been of the opinion that Steve Clarke was hand picked to assist Dalglish with the view to taking over when Kenny had steadied the ship

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

I had a similar feeling about Steve Clarke, neither had worked together before (I don't think), yet Kenny brought him in straight away and Clarke left when Dalglish left.

I'm not sure it was due to the Suarez occasion, as the owners of the club would surely have protested his actions earlier than by the end of the season. There were plenty of occasions where they could and probably should have stepped in. Dalglish is the football manager not a publicist and while he misjudged the incident he shouldn't have been sacked for it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:54 pm

When we got talking about it we did say that Kenny was a bit tedious at times but he was put in a no-win situation with Suarez, he either backs him and makes everyone outside of the club look down on the club or he blasts the player and possibly loses the dressing room, I felt he got hung out to dry and I personally feel he paid the ultimate price with his job, I do understand that 8th place finish isn't good enough but if you can't see how fine the lines where at times then you shouldn't be owning of a football club, that's why I feel it was more than results that got him sacked

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:11 am

Kay Fabe wrote:When we got talking about it we did say that Kenny was a bit tedious at times but he was put in a no-win situation with Suarez, he either backs him and makes everyone outside of the club look down on the club or he blasts the player and possibly loses the dressing room, I felt he got hung out to dry and I personally feel he paid the ultimate price with his job, I do understand that 8th place finish isn't good enough but if you can't see how fine the lines where at times then you shouldn't be owning of a football club, that's why I feel it was more than results that got him sacked

I don't think he was in a no-win situation at all, he royally f***ed up the handling of that. Can't imagine SAF screwing it up that bad. He should have concentrated more on apologising and less on excusing (which gave the impression of neglecting racism as an issue) and could have kept the dressing room still as he wouldn't have had to lambast Suarez to do it.

KK had a terrible tenure which got more and more of a joke the worse his record got, particularly as Roy had a better record and got the sack with no time to prove himself.

I do think KK's handling of the Suarez affair contributed to his downfall though as the owners are shrewd Yank businessmen who understand the value of PR and KK was a PR disaster. 'Pool fans are easily blinded by their allegience (as are most fans of their clubs) but the owners knew, especially in the context of trying to market Liverpool abroard and replicate United's gobal branding, that excusing racism (or being seen to at least) could torpedo their efforts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:03 am

Anyone watch the "Being Liverpool" doc on Channel 5?
What did you think of it? I quite liked the gloss of the show, and it was actually informative in parts, which was a nice surprise given it was a Fox made US TV documentary on "soccer". I was expecting something very vacuous.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but being such a big fan of Brendan Rodgers I had to watch it.
I particularly liked that he had a portrait of himself hung in his hallway. It was subtle, and humble. Much like the man himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

Electric Demon wrote:Anyone watch the "Being Liverpool" doc on Channel 5?
What did you think of it? I quite liked the gloss of the show, and it was actually informative in parts, which was a nice surprise given it was a Fox made US TV documentary on "soccer". I was expecting something very vacuous.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but being such a big fan of Brendan Rodgers I had to watch it.
I particularly liked that he had a portrait of himself hung in his hallway. It was subtle, and humble. Much like the man himself.

Very Happy

Must say Gerrard comes across as a good bloke.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:53 am

He did actually.

And I've always liked Lucas a lot, and the documentary furthered that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

Stella wrote:

Very Happy

Sure he is, when he's not beating people up in bars or knocking up 16 yr olds..... Whistle

Aren't 'The Gerrards' getting their own reality TV series??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:01 am

Yep, it did. Enjoyed watching Rodgers and his back room staff having a meeting around a table, discussing what Rodgers wants from them and his preferences to training etc.

Don't get to see that sort of thing on sky sports.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

I agree. Like I said, it was surprisingly informative. For instance, I've never seen what happens in a player's medical before. It's a pretty cool documentary to be fair. I'll continue to watch, and just grin and bear old Silver Shovel

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Stella wrote:

Very Happy

Sure he is, when he's not beating people up in bars or knocking up 16 yr olds..... Whistle

Is it your mission in life to take swipes at Liverpool Football Club and everything associated or are you just that petty?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:21 am

liverbnz wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Stella wrote:

Very Happy

Is it your mission in life to take swipes at Liverpool Football Club and everything associated or are you just that petty?

What can I say, easy target.....

Plus, especially recently, there have been a number of particular things I've taken issue with, which could be to do with any club but just happen to all be Liverpool-based. E.g. treatment of Roy Hodgson, 'King' Kenny, Suarez, over-rating of Gerrard, etc.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:23 am

Gerrard isn't overrated
Gerrard is a sensational player - whether you like Liverpool or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:25 am

Don't think he's overrated myself. It's not as if he's compared to Zidane or Rivaldo.

I do think he's past his best, although some of his passing on Sunday was still first class.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:30 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
liverbnz wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Stella wrote:

Very Happy

What can I say, easy target.....

Plus, especially recently, there have been a number of particular things I've taken issue with, which could be to do with any club but just happen to all be Liverpool-based. E.g. treatment of Roy Hodgson, 'King' Kenny, Suarez, over-rating of Gerrard, etc.

Everyone and everything is an easy target from an internet forum. It's just whether people decide to be constructive or just downright irritating. I've read your rubbish on all of those issues, and quite frankly and I would like to say they are typically ignorant, but I'd be giving you too much credit.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:47 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:When we got talking about it we did say that Kenny was a bit tedious at times but he was put in a no-win situation with Suarez, he either backs him and makes everyone outside of the club look down on the club or he blasts the player and possibly loses the dressing room, I felt he got hung out to dry and I personally feel he paid the ultimate price with his job, I do understand that 8th place finish isn't good enough but if you can't see how fine the lines where at times then you shouldn't be owning of a football club, that's why I feel it was more than results that got him sacked

I don't think he was in a no-win situation at all, he royally f***ed up the handling of that. Can't imagine SAF screwing it up that bad. He should have concentrated more on apologising and less on excusing (which gave the impression of neglecting racism as an issue) and could have kept the dressing room still as he wouldn't have had to lambast Suarez to do it.

KK had a terrible tenure which got more and more of a joke the worse his record got, particularly as Roy had a better record and got the sack with no time to prove himself.

I do think KK's handling of the Suarez affair contributed to his downfall though as the owners are shrewd Yank businessmen who understand the value of PR and KK was a PR disaster. 'Pool fans are easily blinded by their allegience (as are most fans of their clubs) but the owners knew, especially in the context of trying to market Liverpool abroard and replicate United's gobal branding, that excusing racism (or being seen to at least) could torpedo their efforts.

I agree with you that he could and should have handled the Suarez situation a helluva lot better, afterall that was the basis of my point about him losing his job but I do feel that he was in a difficult position, one a man out of the political game of football for so long struggled to deal with, he should have been guided better IMO, the club should have made a stance and Kenny should have then followed that stance, it seemed from the outside anyway that they left it up to him and what he did was the wrong option

As for his tenure being "terrible" again I feel this is completely hyperbole, Liverpool weren't terrible, they had some terrible results, particularly at home but their play was very good, for one reason or another though they couldn't convert chances into goals, when teams continually make chance after chance they're not "terrible" its when they don't make chances that you begin to have serious doubts

As for Hodgson, personally I like the man but he was never going to work for Liverpool, his teams fell into the 'weren't making chances' catagory and his style of play didn't suit the club or the fans, he plays a style that is more intent on being slow methodical and looking to exploit teams on the break, frustrate teams, Liverpool aren't that kind of side and the fans can't watch that either, rightly or wrongly it feels like that was the over-riding sentiment towards Roy, he should never have been given the job and when results and performances didn't go his way he wasnt afforded much time because deep down everyone knew he shouldn't have got the job

While it may be true that (some) Liverpool fans are easily blinded by the club at times it does seem that many outsiders take great joy in going over the top in their criticism as well which borders on hyperbole

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next