The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Bunce; Come on Now

+13
BoxingFan88
Apollo Creed
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Union Cane
JabMachineMK2
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
azania
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
davidemore
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steve Bunce; Come on Now Empty Steve Bunce; Come on Now

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Steve, come on now.

Every time this man (walnut head) takes to the internet he implodes like a pig with a rocket up it's poop hole. I mean it's just embarrassing. Steven, if you don't know how to use Twitter in a sensible and informed manner (being a pundit and all) then stop using it.

Today Boxing606v2 contacted Mr. Dunce, and Mr. Dunce responded with what can only be described as tom foolery, sheer lunacy or complete toffee. You pick the phrase, or post one below.

'Keyboard warriors'. Steve, you were no doubt using a keyboard when you typed those words, and the saddest part of all is that i don't think you were trying to be ironic.

That's scary when one considers how many media outlets you have at your disposal.

For such an informed and knowledgeable pundit, this man manages to reduce his behavior to that of a child, and picks fights like a bully on the playground.

And for what? To annoy genuine informed boxing fans with his unprovoked guff.

Let me say this, Steven...

The people you attack have voices, and a community, and if you keep getting at good, honest boxing fans, if you keep attacking them, then one day you may well find yourself looking very silly. Like a silly billy.

Don't diss the peeps that support a sport that we love so dearly.

Thoughts on Steve Bunce, ya'll?

Yours Forever,

emore heart

Last edited by davidemore on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Steve Bunce; Come on Now Empty Re: Steve Bunce; Come on Now

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 pm

I love the guy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 pm

He's a silly billy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Not sure I will not live to regret asking this question but what has he done to raise your ire Davide?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Silly billy Bunce.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Must have been something bad Jeff!!!

Thought he had bromance for everybody...did Davide!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

@ Rowley

Hey mate,

Okay, the man spoke rudely to the 606v2 community on Twitter. Add to this fact that he has a walnut head and stare that belongs on an episode of Eastenders, then simply put, i don't like the man. He be irking me.

Also, i swear that cockney twang is fake...

And he loves to name drop himself into conversations...

And he talks in riddles.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

I got Bromance for the people of 606v2, and all the happy, happy peeps out there in the world.

heart heart

You know i aint lost the Bromance, TRUSS heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm

I like him.

What rude things did he say on twitter?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Apart from that...he's okay right!!

My Wife likes my walnut head!!! raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm sure it is fine TRUSS, I'm sure it is fine.

Your are American, you know how to rock a walnut head, and don't go on Twitter barking at my people, added bonus.

@ Azania, he annoyed me chum!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

He was bigging up Carl Thompson last night then spent the next 10 minutes telling us how David haye was mentally shot prior to the fight. Just not sure if the guy has the grey matter to host a show. Certainly doesn't hide the fact which tv channel is currently employing him or his favourite boxer at the time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:35 pm

David Haye was on the lash and not training before that fight, so he lost. But credit to Thompson for winning it.

And the contradictions that come pouring out of Bunce's mouth, Jesus.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I'd like his interviews more..If his guest was allowed to speak during them!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 pm

It's unbelievable TRUSS, he just barks at them and chucks in the, 'I'm one of you" type comments....

Bunce: "Course, you used to be taking fights on a couple of days notice, didn't you Danny?"

Danny gets ready to reply, but 0.1 seconds later...

Bunce: "I been going to the boxing for years me!"

Imbecile.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Just read through a bunch of the tweets, what a prat that man is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Informed and correct, Tophat. Bravo! Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Davidemore is refering to a rather heated discussion i had with ole Buncey today. Bascially, it started wheni mentioned that it was a bit of a joke Haye hasn't even been on the Bunce hour for what is basically the one fight that Boxnation are going to cash in on this year (i was nicer than that). He responded to me and another chap who agreed by calling us fools, idiots, keyboard something or anothers - to which i asked him how he expects me to respond - telepathy? Bunce is not th enice chirpy, squeaky guy he acts on his show IMO. He weighed in on my post and wouldn't answer my legit questions and starteed in with abuse each time he tweeted. Anyway, seems he has deleted the posts now or blocked me, as only my responces are now visible.

Ah well, I was never a huge fan, but my repsect for him has dissapeared completley now.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:43 am

I'm interested to see what the swear filter does when I say that for a while now I have been calling Dunce a git, a Poopie, a Muppet and a Tinkywinky.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:51 am

andygf wrote:I'm interested to see what the swear filter does when I say that for a while now I have been calling Dunce a git, a Poopie, a Muppet and a Tinkywinky.

he's a turdburglar

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Steve is a: Muppet, Flip, Poopie, Kumquat, bumhole, soloist, bollockface, rimjockey, lesbian face sitting fartpipe

(sorry i had to test it too)

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Steve Bunce; Come on Now 1347041234
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Swearing at Bunce is some small recompense for the drivel we have to put up with fro mhim year after year.I mean it's quite easy to point out that he is a washed up self parody of a Mitchell brother what's gone and seen a few fights.That his attempted catchphrase of "adios" in his every single Boxing monthly article, is grating in the extreme,( careful what you wish for Bunce because people may shout "adios" at you in the street and you may not get the point) .

Yes it's all too easy to say that he's a lamentable hype-merchant who has called an Amir Khan fight against an amateur one of the biggest shocks in British boxing history and calls the Haye/Chisora 5hit sandwich the biggest fight in British history.A person whose communication skills rival that of a brain damaged Sontaran.Someone who kids himself that he has the definitive point of view simply if his delivery is confrontational enough.Someone who kisses ar5e to every famous person he meets.There's nothing difficult about that.

Someone who holds down a position on questionable merit and defends every appalling fix decision in the Mirror with "boxing's not crooked, the judges are simply human beings at the end of the day",perhaps because he wants to be THE voice of boxing and cannot admit to any failings in the sport.
That's incredibly easy to point out.I won't be saying this to Steve on Twitter because it's more than 150 words and I think he struggles a bit,so let's boil it down Steve-ADIOS. Tinkywinky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 pm

andygf wrote:Swearing at Bunce is some small recompense for the drivel we have to put up with fro mhim year after year.I mean it's quite easy to point out that he is a washed up self parody of a Mitchell brother what's gone and seen a few fights.That his attempted catchphrase of "adios" in his every single Boxing monthly article, is grating in the extreme,( careful what you wish for Bunce because people may shout "adios" at you in the street and you may not get the point) .

Yes it's all too easy to say that he's a lamentable hype-merchant who has called an Amir Khan fight against an amateur one of the biggest shocks in British boxing history and calls the Haye/Chisora 5hit sandwich the biggest fight in British history.A person whose communication skills rival that of a brain damaged Sontaran.Someone who kids himself that he has the definitive point of view simply if his delivery is confrontational enough.Someone who kisses ar5e to every famous person he meets.There's nothing difficult about that.

Someone who holds down a position on questionable merit and defends every appalling fix decision in the Mirror with "boxing's not crooked, the judges are simply human beings at the end of the day",perhaps because he wants to be THE voice of boxing and cannot admit to any failings in the sport.
That's incredibly easy to point out.I won't be saying this to Steve on Twitter because it's more than 150 words and I think he struggles a bit,so let's boil it down Steve-ADIOS. Tinkywinky.

As a lot of famous people come across as easy to dislike, I think I'd be hard pushed to suck up to them. Credit where it's due to Buncey, not sure I'd have the ability to suspend my sense of self worth in order to pump up the ego of some already over-rated waste of DNA.

Find it strange that Buncey would react in such a hostile manner. Yes he comes across as abrupt and bombastic but he's never given the impression that he's a nasty piece of work. Mind you, DAVIDE could test the patience of Nelson Mandela

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Winnie Mandela tested the patience of ol Nelson, I know that much.

Bunce is really abrupt on Twitter. I actually told him not to bother weighing in if he doesn't want to answer the qu i asked "why isn't Haye on his show in run up to a huge Boxnation fight?"

He had at least one offensive remark in each subsequent post. Fool, Idiot, keyboard warrior etc. The keyboard comment made him look like a complete fool as it just gave me the opportunity to point out he was writing on a keyboard and ridicule his hypocricy tbh. Still watch the sqeakster cut in and ruin his own interviews, as he is one of the only games in town, but he is a bit of a T**t in my eyes. Can't construct an argument very well, either.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 pm

...and it was DEFINITELY Buncie was it, not some flunkie who had picked up his phone instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 pm

DAVE667 wrote:...and it was DEFINITELY Buncie was it, not some flunkie who had picked up his phone instead?

No it was him.

Adios at end of every post, blocked me afterward, haha.

I have seen him blow up at others on there in same fashion. I was giving as good as I got but he really doesn't respect fans opinions. He's the guy at ringside and the professional, his words. He said at one point something along the lines of "it's when you ask the same qu 3 times" to which i responded, "answer it the first 2 or tell me you're not going to then." This was also after he asked what my point was, which is why I repeated myself in the first place.

Come on Buncey, haha

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Ah well, only Buncie could type "Adios" so it must be true...a bit like only Buffer being able to say "Let's get ready to rumble!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Ah well, only Buncie could type "Adios" so it must be true...a bit like only Buffer being able to say "Let's get ready to rumble!"

Haha, quite. Was defo him. Buncey is a power in British Boxing and there are hardly any well known pundits fromthese shores anymore, so his head must be bulging. Anyway, I laid off in the end when i realized i represent the forum, and can be prone to tantrums

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Adios. Are they the weight loss pills he's taking to get rid of that keg he's carrying around under his shirt?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Give the guy a break - his TV deal is likely to be gone in the next few months when Warren goes under....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Sean - next time print screen it so everyone can see what a dozy Kumquat he is

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Creed Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Personally I think we should all go over there and ask him if David Haye is going to be on his show!

That'll rile him up a bit Very Happy

Apollo Creed

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 pm

The man need to be told, yo.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Find it hilarious that he calls us fake fans for not going to live shows, when we are his audience, what a clown.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 am

Saw he had a twitter row with "wingchunstudent" on youtube, and to be honest Bunce came across as an egotistical, petty, and insecure Wankler..

Totally on his high horse as if no one else can support the sport who are not as popular and pro as he is..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am

That is why I don't like to meet 'famous' people in real life, because it ruins your perception of them. I used to like Bunce, but now he just gets on my nerves, having heard all the stories. I haven't met the guy, nor do I want to.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 am

The thing with Bunce is, hes just such a sell out. Hes basically boxnations voicebox and a pure salesman now peddling for whoever hires him. Credibility is vital for any journalist worth their salt and Bunce has none. He considers himself a journalist with independant opinions but he is just a salesman who sells boxnation.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:13 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Sean - next time print screen it so everyone can see what a dozy Kumquat he is

Haha, I wasn't that bothered about it mate, but Davide took offence on my behalf

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 pm

manos de piedra wrote:The thing with Bunce is, hes just such a sell out. Hes basically boxnations voicebox and a pure salesman now peddling for whoever hires him. Credibility is vital for any journalist worth their salt and Bunce has none. He considers himself a journalist with independant opinions but he is just a salesman who sells boxnation.

What annoys and disappoints me more that that one of our better boxing commentators John Rawling has also whored himself out for this event. I know Bunce and Buffer don't care who their paymasters are but I always thought Rawling had a modicum of integrity.

Sadly not!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:The thing with Bunce is, hes just such a sell out. Hes basically boxnations voicebox and a pure salesman now peddling for whoever hires him. Credibility is vital for any journalist worth their salt and Bunce has none. He considers himself a journalist with independant opinions but he is just a salesman who sells boxnation.

What annoys and disappoints me more that that one of our better boxing commentators John Rawling has also whored himself out for this event. I know Bunce and Buffer don't care who their paymasters are but I always thought Rawling had a modicum of integrity.

Sadly not!!!!!!!!!

Bob Mee is what it is all about, he said in Boxing News if the fight was shown on a TV network he was working he would refuse to do it and has laready told the editor of Boxing News he will not cover the fight for them, got to love a man with principles (good writer as well)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm

rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Sadly not!!!!!!!!!

Bob Mee is what it is all about, he said in Boxing News if the fight was shown on a TV network he was working he would refuse to do it and has laready told the editor of Boxing News he will not cover the fight for them, got to love a man with principles (good writer as well)

I agree, Bob comes across extremely well, without the pomp and bombast of Bunce. I've admired Rawling for a while but having seen that he's turned into a corporate schill, it's made me see him in a different light.

Still, the bills have got to be paid and I don't suppose Rawling will care too much whether or not I'm disappointed in him, nor do I think he's going to lose any work off the back of this fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Al Bernstein, is about as high profile and as balanced as you can expect.

HBO crew need the firing squad at times recently

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Al Bernstein, is about as high profile and as balanced as you can expect.

Then again, Bernstein is telling us Tyson Fury could be a World beater

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Al Bernstein, is about as high profile and as balanced as you can expect.

Then again, Bernstein is telling us Tyson Fury could be a World beater

He can be; he just needs several fighters to die or retire.

I think Bernstein believes that, whether he is right is another matter

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Did Bob Mee give his reasons why he wouldnt cover the fight?

Is it the way the fight has been put together, via Luxembourg against the wishes of the BBBC? Or because the fight is going ahead at all? Or because of the behaviour of the fighters involved in it?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Probaby didnt get asked Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 pm

A combination of all of the above basically, but the thrust of it appeared to be going behind the back of the BBBoC

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

rowley wrote:A combination of all of the above basically, but the thrust of it appeared to be going behind the back of the BBBoC

Yeah I suspected it might be the way the match was put together that would be the biggest sticking point. Because in a sport like boxing if one is overly morally inflexible then one would find themselves missing out on a large number of fights. As has been said countless times, the HayeChisora incident isnt really anything knew or particularly worse than countles other incidents of varying profile over the years. I suspect its just the way they circumvented any kind of punishment and undermined the BBBC that would probably be the biggest factor.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 pm

That is my main issue with it Manos, whatever the legal rights or wrongs or where one stands on the proportionality or appropriateness of the punishments handed out for me a situation which leads to having more than one governing body operating in the country is not good, one only has to look at the havoc it has caused globally to see what I mean

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next