The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct

+9
ChequeredJersey
InjuredYetAgain
kunu
thebluesmancometh
damage_13
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
Effervescing Elephant
anotherworldofpain
13 posters

Go down

Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct Empty Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 12 Jul 2012, 7:41 am

So after I read about in the metro this morning the Australian player accuse about urinate to his shorts to make opponent not want to tackle him, I start to think about cheeky dishonest conduct on the field.

When I play a bit of rugby one hooker from my team use to put the heat hub into his dreadlock then try to get into the other hookers eyes in the scrum. I guess this is some normal club rugby trick, but what is the most fiendish operation you saw or heard about?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct Empty Re: Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 12 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

When i played rugby at school at loosehead we would play the boys from the year above. There was this freak of a TH who had a facefull of stubble at the age of 13! He took great pleasure in grinding this stubble into my follicle free face and i'd end the game with one very red cheek! Got my own back after weeks of this when i nutted him unconscious, looking back it may have been a slight overreaction on my part!

Last edited by Carpe Diem on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spellinge! More spolling!)
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct Empty Re: Taking the p**s and other fiendish conduct

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

One of our centres in school on occation tried and kiss the oposition when he was at the bottom of a ruck, this generally ended up with the opposition players swinging one at him and getting sent. Talk about taking one (well giving one) for the team.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:04 am

I remember a player from a school in our local area, A front row player, would eat a clove of garlic anf d then rub it all over his face. You could here the forwards lurching in the scrum. vomit

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:37 am

Mystery of the Italian front row effective solved LD!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:33 pm

we had one kid who was hypersensitive to chocolate, his parents and school had banned it for him as he would go ballistic.

we fed him a Mars bar before every game... bloody psycho

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

damage_13 wrote:we had one kid who was hypersensitive to chocolate, his parents and school had banned it for him as he would go ballistic.

School kids taking banned, performance enhancing substances warning
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

I remember a kid who used to cover his hands in vic vaper rub then wipe everybodies faces at every ruck. Then reaply and rub, then reaply and rub.

He did get a red card one game for goiuging mind, his excuse of 'I was trying to blind him with vaper rub' didn't help!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:04 pm

His ball handling must have been atrocious!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

He was a prop, never interested in touching the ball.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

I can't imagine he made every ruck Whistle

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:His ball handling must have been atrocious!

Him handling his balls must have hurt too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:23 pm

One player I came up against would bend the opponant's fingers back when trying to rip the ball off a player, you let go, or ur fingers break. Nasty sunbich
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Thu 12 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

We played a French touring team a few years ago. A ruck broke up with one of the Frenchies complaining he had been bitten. A quick mouth check showed all our guys had gum shields in. Cue one very embarrassed looking French forward when he realised he had bitten his own player

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:26 am

Once we were sixth formers, our outside centre always used to get drunk (not have a drink but actually get drunk) before a game. Said it helped him play by instinct and gave him an edge. It seemed to work, maybe our backs could follow suit to play more creatively
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:58 am

When I was in high school things in SA were still simple, we boxed, our school played in a region with a lot of technical schools so these guys were a little rougher than the normal academic schools, so we got pretty used to swinging fists. There is this one particular school Randfontein Hoerskool (Afrikaans high school) and a couple of times the referee would stop the match early because of all the blood and cuts on our faces.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:11 am

We shouted "pyramid foot" at the opposing kickers for a couple of games until our coach was told we should stop. Worked keeping the conversion count down as we were pretty rubbish.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:34 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Once we were sixth formers, our outside centre always used to get drunk (not have a drink but actually get drunk) before a game. Said it helped him play by instinct and gave him an edge. It seemed to work, maybe our backs could follow suit to play more creatively

Did he pass on the trick to Danny Care?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

Years ago at the old Cardiff Arms Park (pre-1970) I was in a big crowd on the north terrace for a Wales v Ireland game. Back then there was always a surge of people out of the pubs shortly before kick-off and we got packed tighter than sardines.

Unbeknown to us on the terrace, several buckets had been placed in a corner of the north stand above, the nearest toilets being a long way down at the bottom of the stadium.

Anyway, one of the buckets tipped over. The contents found their way through the boards of the stand and dripped down 30 feet on to people's heads. One moment everyone was packed tighter than sardines, the next we were looking at an empty space the size of someone's front room!

Last edited by optimist on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction of word)

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm

why would a rugby player care if another is covered in urine- they drink it for fun

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:06 am

damage_13 wrote:we had one kid who was hypersensitive to chocolate, his parents and school had banned it for him as he would go ballistic.

Laugh
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:31 am

mystiroakey wrote:why would a rugby player care if another is covered in urine- they drink it for fun

Remind me to avoiding the rugby clubs in surrey . vomit

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:42 am

Are you not a player AWOP. I thought it was typical on the tours to do rank stuff as a laff

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down