The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Unions (just like players) receive penalties for player citings/bans/conduct?

Go down

Should Unions (just like players) receive penalties for player citings/bans/conduct? Empty Should Unions (just like players) receive penalties for player citings/bans/conduct?

Post by fa0019 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

If a team within a certain time frame gets multiple citings and bans for foul play should the union also suffer fines etc given they are unable to control the conduct of their own players???

The 2 recent bans NZ have received/due to receive i.e. Thomson's head stamp and Hore's haymaker occurred within 3 games of each other. In both incidents their was little for the players to be provoked into the action but both were rather nasty and players knew what they were doing when it happened.

I'm not suggesting increasing the bans on certain players due to the actions of his teammates.... however I do think the unions are partly responsible for their own players... just like Johnson was partly responsible for letting his team go out for one too many shandys during last years RWC.

In one off cases, measures against a team or a union can perhaps be forgiven but perhaps we should start to place measures on actual teams ranging from financial penalties, points deductions in tournaments, disqualifications and results amendments when it happens time after time.

It occurs when more than 1 player fails a drug test in rugby. If >1 fails then extra measures are placed on the team..... perhaps we should put similar arrangements on teams for on-field conduct?

If you hit the union financially you know they will come down on their players like a ton of bricks.... no union is flush. In the end its about finding ways of trying to find positive ways to stop acts like we saw on the weekend.

fa0019

Back to top Go down